new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not legalism, it is God's wonderful grace that is offered to the not-so-wonderful, self-opinionated, cherry picking sinner, who fails to heed the warnings about falling away, never to return. Those scriptures are there as a warning. God's grace does not bind us in chains. That is not what grace means.
You were a slave to sin, but you've now become a slave to righteousness.

I don't know what it means, "Grace does not bind us in chains", what does that mean? Just the same, you've been bought with a price, and God owns you. He's put His seal of ownership on you. He has no intent of letting you go, and He's the Creator.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The person to whom the gifts were given, got rid of them for whatever reason. They can be taken back again, and if that were to happen the giver would be delighted, otherwise we remain separated eternally from the gift of eternal life with the giver.
so the gift. which was paid for by the giver. is conditional on the person keeping it?

remember, the gift is called ETERNAL life.

How and WHO would throw that away? Can you explain this?

and how can it be called eternal if it is not guaranteed to be eternal?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not legalism, it is God's wonderful grace that is offered to the not-so-wonderful, self-opinionated, cherry picking sinner, who fails to heed the warnings about falling away, never to return. Those scriptures are there as a warning. God's grace does not bind us in chains. That is not what grace means.
Grace is unmerited favor

God did not give us grace and make us try to earn it by how good we are or by willing ourself to stop sin.

You either believe in all God says or you do not.

Those who do not will come in different flavors. Including those who try to add works to his grace as a means of maintaining their own salvation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an Osaser when I came to understand how I seen through a box I found out that I was really the one that was a legalist....

Because it was something I had to believe[that you once saved always saved] which is something you "do".
This is not OSAS.

Thats one problem I see with people who preach NOSAS. they say they were once OSAS. or they do not like it and are against it. Yet they do not even know what it is.

Maybe you believed in something. But it was not this.

People do not go from true saving faith in Christ to some other gospel. It just does not happen.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I ask you in this new thread: what do you believe about the new version of OSAS?

The version that says that if you stop believing, you even continue to be saved?

Never heard of your "new version of OSAS".
Where did you come up with this...---->?

The version that says that if you stop believing, you even continue to be saved?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The person to whom the gifts were given, got rid of them for whatever reason. They can be taken back again, and if that were to happen the giver would be delighted, otherwise we remain separated eternally from the gift of eternal life with the giver.

God GIVES A TASTE OF HIS Gift of Faith ... "FOR" HEARING HIS WORD.

THE LISTENER, CAN taste His Word, Believe it, and Eat it, Hunger for more of His Word, or reject it.

^ THAT is NOT receiving Salvation.
^ THAT IS receiving a measure (TASTE) of Gods Word.

Should a man INCREASE Hearing Gods Word,
The Faith from God IS INCREASED.

Should a man STOP Hearing Gods Word,
The Faith from Gods CEASES.

The GIFT of Faith given IS VIA Gods Holy Spirit.
Its a SAMPLE...A TASTE...A brief Experience of Experiencing Faith, of Experiencing blessing of the HOLY SPIRIT....
BEFORE ever making a Heartful COMMITMENT
Of Belief...
BEFORE ever receiving Salvation which follows AFTER a Heartful COMMITMENT.

( In numerous things Gods gives us a TASTE, a GLIMPSE, a RELATIVE IDEA we can experience...BEFORE we are subject to ...
The full Blessing or full Devastation of prophecy.)

Heb 6:
[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
[5] And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

This is a confusion of those who reject...OSAS.
They are under the mindset, TASTING, Experiencing the good word of God and Power of God....IS becoming Saved and Born Again, and then Losing their Salvation, which is False.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On-Going, inexcusable ignorance in regard to Hebrews 6 and 10 has cancelled out hundreds of verses that provide assurance and the importance of Grace in the lives Of Believers.....Confused, stiff- necked “ Believers” ship- wreck their Own Faith and are damned and determined to destroy the Assurance Of others...wise students, those who “ Rightly Divide” the Word Of God know better and Cling to the only thing that ever Saved anybody that “ became” Saved—— Grace.

Like you think you understand or can explain Hebrews Chapters 6 and 10. LOL Fundamentalism can not explain Hebrew 6 and 10, for that matter that goes for most of Hebrews.

But if you understood you would know that it does not contradict this...
The original name for Christianity was “The Way”…..why?
The original Gospel message was given to a simple people. It was clear and it was simple. The Way to life, the Way to heaven.
God the Father and God the Son had a plan that would require Christ to go through the Passion. A very horrible thing, so you can bet that this plan would have a very high success rate.

To be saved
Believe that Yeshua is God and Savior.
Repent of your sins and commit to live by the Commandments of Christ.
Be Baptized.
Participate in communion.

From there the application is simple, live by the Commandments and examples set by Christ.

Love God
Love one another.
Live by the Golden Rule.
Be Good and Do Good.
Praise the Lord frequently.

If we had a 3X5 card we would still have room to add a few things….
Like…know enough to explain the Gospel of Salvation.
Fellowship with Christians and sing praises to the Lord. It don’t have to be in a church…
Be aware that you are what you do. Christians are the candle and the salt of Christ. What we do is a reflection of Christ and the Church. Be a good example to others.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends if you want to believe what you want or you preach the Bible...If it is the Bible that you are interested in...then just preach the Bible....again there is not the legalist section in the Bible. The term standard does not apply to the Bible. There are morals to live by and sins to die by. Overall the Bible as far as salvation, morals, and sins are not that complicated. It is when you go to the Bible with beliefs that you want to superimpose on the Bible....then things go south.
and many there be which do just this . Very deadly and very dangerous it is .
Folks who love sin will always find a way to feel justified and thus they let whatever teacher twist , twist .
I have seen this so very often . Very often . But a lamb loves truth and in the bible it will stay , loving every promise
heeding every warning and just loving the truth and the AUTHOR of SAID TRUTH . Its real simple .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and many there be which do just this . Very deadly and very dangerous it is .
Folks who love sin will always find a way to feel justified and thus they let whatever teacher twist , twist .
I have seen this so very often . Very often . But a lamb loves truth and in the bible it will stay , loving every promise
heeding every warning and just loving the truth and the AUTHOR of SAID TRUTH . Its real simple .
Brother hits the spot. Yes, this is real biblical truth. Wise words.

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Cherry picking.... absolutely!
All Scripture is TRUE...However NOT ALL Scripture applies to Every Person....THUS, what Applies IS Applied, what Does NOT Apply IS NOT Applied.
Cherry Picking...modern term.
Scripture Term...Dividing the Word of Truth.

2 Tim 2:
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Falling Away Warning "DOES NOT APPLY TO THE CONVERTED".
The Converted ARE NOT "KEPT" by their OWN POWER.
They ARE KEPT by the INDWELLING POWER OF GOD.

Falling Away Warning "DOES APPLY" TO the one Hearing, receiving a measure of Faith, receiving Blessings of the Holy Spirit....WHO HAS NOT made a HEARTFUL CONFESSION OF BELIEF.

God Bless,
Taken

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God GIVES A TASTE OF HIS Gift of Faith ... "FOR" HEARING HIS WORD.

THE LISTENER, CAN taste His Word, Believe it, and Eat it, Hunger for more of His Word, or reject it.

^ THAT is NOT receiving Salvation.
^ THAT IS receiving a measure (TASTE) of Gods Word.

Should a man INCREASE Hearing Gods Word,
The Faith from God IS INCREASED.

Should a man STOP Hearing Gods Word,
The Faith from Gods CEASES.

The GIFT of Faith given IS VIA Gods Holy Spirit.
Its a SAMPLE...A TASTE...A brief Experience of Experiencing Faith, of Experiencing blessing of the HOLY SPIRIT....
BEFORE ever making a Heartful COMMITMENT
Of Belief...
BEFORE ever receiving Salvation which follows AFTER a Heartful COMMITMENT.

( In numerous things Gods gives us a TASTE, a GLIMPSE, a RELATIVE IDEA we can experience...BEFORE we are subject to ...
The full Blessing or full Devastation of prophecy.)

Heb 6:
[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

This is a confusion of those who reject...OSAS.
They are under the mindset, TASTING, Experiencing the good word of God and Power of God....IS becoming Saved and Born Again, and then Losing their Salvation, which is False.

Glory to God,
Taken
How do the non Teachers of Osas think of this: "and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,"?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
The gate?
The narrow way...may be God's way
Broad gate....your own way

Reactions: Grailhunter

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gate?
The narrow way...may be God's way
Broad gate....your own way
Amen

narrow also means it is a small entrance, where as wide means there can be many things which allow us to enter,

did you know 99 percent of the religion on earth teaches salvation by works, and that our salvation is in the end based on what we do, how good we are, or obedience to certain commands?

that’s the wide gate

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

narrow also means it is a small entrance, where as wide means there can be many things which allow us to enter,

did you know 99 percent of the religion on earth teaches salvation by works, and that our salvation is in the end based on what we do, how good we are, or obedience to certain commands?

that’s the wide gate

Why lie!? But there are a lot of people that use the term works with the intent to deceive.
Matthew 7:14 For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Your worst hate is the two of the words in your post....good and obedience....You promote bad and disobedience?
How are you going to explain that on Judgment Day?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why lie!? But there are a lot of people that use the term works with the intent to deceive.
Matthew 7:14 For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Your worst hate is the two of the words in your post....good and obedience....You promote bad and disobedience?
How are you going to explain that on Judgment Day?
Whatever, you already exposed yourself. I will answer the truth, i am unworthy, I will fall on my face, I will be unable to even look up. For I am a sinner

I guess you will tell God how worthy and how great you are.

yeah good luck with that

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And narrow is the way . . . Narrow here is from the same word as Tribulation, Affliction, "crushing pressure". In this place it means this "way" is so narrow you will crush yourself pressing through it.

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever, you already exposed yourself. I will answer the truth, i am unworthy, I will fall on my face, I will be unable to even look up. For I am a sinner

I guess you will tell God how worthy and how great you are.

yeah good luck with that
First you need to stop lying?