new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is “BB?” Oh never mind I figured it out. I started on 2nd page somehow

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you stop believing,were you ever really saved?

Israel didn’t continue to trust. Does that mean they were never really saved alive when they stepped out under that wall of water in trust?

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who believed, but not any more is a backslider.

A person who believed, but now has let doubt creep into his "thinking" is a backslider that is being played and used as a tool of satan.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I think perhaps we need to define what we mean a bit better. This thread is like a ping pong game. " You can't lose salvation." ( Ping) "Repent, heretic! ( Pong)
Nope, we don't lose salvation everytime we sin, how would we make it through the day if we did?
But you can't just go off and become an athiest and go straight to heaven when you die, either. You can quit believing, but you have to choose to, IMO. It's not: " Oh, I doubted today " and God stomps on you.
Or, "I sinned today " and God gives you the boot.
Ok, carry on... I'll get the popcorn!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB thinks that any discussion of it will be a continued waste of Valuable Computer Ink ..I wasted slightly more than half a barrel in our last debate that got shut down....Let’s give it a rest, OK?

Reactions: marks

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Amen! Shallow, temporary belief that has no root, produces no fruit and withers away is not saving faith.
Also @marks

I don’t think the parable of the sower’s point is on the salvation of people nor on the soil. Rather the point is on the seed.

Tong
R3353

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
A person who believed, but not any more is a backslider.
Jesus defined what believing is and who are His true disciples.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.

And I’d say that is indisputable.

Tong
R3354

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
God is saving. When He saves a person, that’s it. He does not fail.

His salvation is by grace.

And those He saves, He saves through faith.

Tong
R3355

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Christians, ask yourselves if this is still a question for you, am I saved?

If this is still a question for you, it might be that you need to reconsider your heart regarding believing in God and Jesus Christ.

If not, then the matter should no longer be a concern. I would encourage us then to leave that behind and thank God for saving you. It’s time to praise God for what He had done for us. It’s time to start doing all things for His glory. It’s time to find your brethren in Christ and celebrate God and Jesus Christ! It’s time to love God and the rest of the family of God. It’s time. And there is no better time than it is today!

Tong
R3356

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
And so we claim and profess and confess we believe in God and that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and all that had been written concerning Christ.

What now?

Do you think you can throw away Him you claim, profess, and confess to believe? Do you think you will ever desire or want to do that? Do you see any one reason that could change what today you claim, profess, and confess concerning God and Jesus? If any of that is to the affirmative, what does that tell you about you?

It really makes me wonder, that while scriptures tells us clearly that there is absolutely nothing that can separate those now who are in Christ from God and Jesus, that some have the mind that they consider their will power excluded from the absolute nothing that can separate one from God. To think they are Christians and supposedly have the mind of Christ, that such thoughts comes to them even to the point of embracing such.

Tong
R3357

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A person who believed, but now has let doubt creep into his "thinking" is a backslider that is being played and used as a tool of satan.
Satan is very powerful and will do everything in his power to cast doubt into peoples minds causing then to lose faith and backslide. So beware of Satans ploys because WE CAN BACKSLIDE. Beware of the deceiver, he is only active in Christian circles, others are already his.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.

Tong
R3354
Notice Jesus said IF you abide in my word.

Can people not read?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Tong
R3354
God gave us free will. It is the devil who bind us in chains. Those in the cults are already enslaved and the belief you are always saved because you once believed is a cult.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And so we claim and profess and confess we believe in God and that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and all that had been written concerning Christ.

What now?

Do you think you can throw away Him you claim, profess, and confess to believe? Do you think you will ever desire or want to do that? Do you see any one reason that could change what today you claim, profess, and confess concerning God and Jesus? If any of that is to the affirmative, what does that tell you about you?

It really makes me wonder, that while scriptures tells us clearly that there is absolutely nothing that can separate those now who are in Christ from God and Jesus, that some have the mind that they consider their will power excluded from the absolute nothing that can separate one from God. To think they are Christians and supposedly have the mind of Christ, that such thoughts comes to them even to the point of embracing such.

Tong
R3356
Paul said to keep running the race, and to press towards the mark. The whole armour of God is to keep Satan at bay, if it were not, God was wasting his time and that He does not do. There is a plan and a purpose for everything God does, so use the tools h gave us.

Reactions: amadeus

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Notice Jesus said IF you abide in my word.

Can people not read?
That’s right. Jesus defined believing as one that abides.

Some do not abiding there as that defines believing. Instead they read and take abiding there as something else, such as though it is something separate from believing.

Tong
R3358

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The version that says that if you stop believing, you even continue to be saved?
Stop believing what and whom? This is probably one of the stupidest ideas that has seen the light of day. If a person has genuinely believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work of redemption, that never changes. And sinners are justified by grace through faith, and that is a one-time divine transaction. Anyone who has not read and studied Romans chapter 4 should do so immediately.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

God gave us free will. It is the devil who bind us in chains. Those in the cults are already enslaved and the belief you are always saved because you once believed is a cult.
You are saved indeed for that is what God in Scriptures said of them who believed in God and Him whom He sent, Jesus Christ. That is, considering that the believing is one as defined by Jesus Christ, one that is from the heart and that abides.

Tong
R3359

Last edited:
Reactions: HisLife and marks

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

What now?

Paul said to keep running the race, and to press towards the mark. The whole armour of God is to keep Satan at bay, if it were not, God was wasting his time and that He does not do. There is a plan and a purpose for everything God does, so use the tools h gave us.
Yes. And we should understand that and why, in the proper context.

The thing I wonder about and which remains even with your post there, is and I repeat, “that while scriptures tells us clearly that there is absolutely nothing that can separate those now who are in Christ from God and Jesus, that some have the mind that they consider their will power excluded from the absolute nothing that can separate one from God. To think they are Christians and supposedly have the mind of Christ, that such thoughts comes to them even to the point of embracing such.“

Tong
R3360