new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..explain how one is given a new heart and Spirit...and what that means.
God circumcises (cuts off) the power and influence of the flesh from the heart with the Holy Spirit. Now instead of all of the thoughts and desires of our hearts being filtered through and influenced by the flesh covering of the heart, that flesh is laid aside (like in literal circumcision) and we are set free from that evil influence and are free to think about and desire and long for righteous things. It's all about the Holy Spirit. When the Sacrifice is acceptable God responds with the glory of the Holy Spirit, except now instead of the glory filling an earthly tabernacle it fills the true temple of God, his holy people.

Reactions: Corlove13

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is the Baptism that saves us now?
This is important?

And my interpretation is it means to be immersed in His life

1 Peter 3:21....
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

I believe that a clear conscience before God is in our actual actions. Meaning when we, for lack of better words, live out the Life of Christ then our conscience is clear before God. For God takes care of the righteous, he protects his own. There is that transparency then because our conscience and our actions are whole...
For One, we know who we are by what we do.
Faith then believes what God has said until we know.
So we are the ones that need a clear conscience.
So His life is our Baptisn that brings us in the presence of God.

So there is the "great commission " How does one Baptize? (Surround) Baptize them in the presence of God by teaching them to do all that I commanded........then Lo I will be with you always...

These are just my thoughts..correct me where I go wrong... @Ferris Bueller

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is the Baptism that saves us now?
This is important?

The believer is immersed in the Spirit of God where he dies and is raised to new life, the life of the Spirit, the life of Jesus. Water baptism is symbolic of this death of the believer, and his resurrection with Christ to new life.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The believer is immersed in the Spirit of God where he dies and is raised to new life, the life of the Spirit, the life of Jesus.
The Baptism in first Peter is contexualized to
Those that are saved already
Those told to keep a good conscience
And ritual washings under the old covenant.
And now we are under the new...
So what ritual or habits should we have but to live by the Spirit...[life of Christ]

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The believer is immersed in the Spirit of God where he dies and is raised to new life, the life of the Spirit, the life of Jesus. Water baptism is symbolic of this death of the believer, and his resurrection with Christ to new life.
Let me know where you agree or disagree..completely?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the visible, institutionalized church in the earth. In which true believers may or may not exist.
Hard to imagine the Lord Jesus Christ speaking of building His church with false believers! In fact, God is not dishonest, so, no.

People build institutions. Jesus is building a body.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 6:3-4 LITV
3) Or are you ignorant that all who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
4) Therefore, we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, so also we should walk in newness of life.

Have you had opportunity to engage in an in-depth study of Romans 6?

Much love!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why a lot of monotheists are condemned to destruction. Simply because they do not believe Jesus is God on earth.
Wacked in the head or something. You see the quote in front of you, and then you read the quote of John 14:1 that STRONGLY suggests Jesus is NOT God at anytime, and you still force from your mind to your lips and fingers to write, a completing warped and different version of this scripture as if it reads .."...you believe in God. also believe in me, who is also the same God whilst I'm on the earth..."

Some folks need their heads examined for this fatal spiritual disease of Trinityitis. I hope it is not contagious? Well I am for one, immune from it and I thank the one true God, YHWH who saves me.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, to be fair I have met people who claim to be born again who have said it was "okay" to sin or do evil. Meaning it had no effect on their salvation.
This is an example of my credibility issues with you.

Saying that sin does not effect your salvation, I'm sure many say that, since our salvation is not based on works.

Saying that others have said sin is OK? I don't think so. I think this is one of those blatant misrepresentations intended to make others look bad through dishonest practice.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is good if as you say you now have a heart that sees not nor have thoughts of ever rejecting Jesus Christ. And with Christ in you and you in Him, there is nothing more secure than that.

Every one who was given a new heart, one such as that which you say you have, that sees not nor ever have thoughts of rejecting Christ, are like you, secured in Christ Jesus, him being in Christ and Christ being in him.

Tong
R3427
Be careful of accepting his erroneous vocabulary.

The Biblical terminology for the NT Christian is that God has made them a new person. The New Man. A New Creation. Having been born of God. Not just a new heart. @Ferris Bueller picks that up from the OT as he constantly endeavors to have people think of the New Testament Christian in a legalistic First Covenant way.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an example of my credibility issues with you.

Saying that sin does not effect your salvation, I'm sure many say that, since our salvation is not based on works.

Saying that others have said sin is OK? I don't think so. I think this is one of those blatant misrepresentations intended to make others look bad through dishonest practice.

Much love!
He won’t come off this. Many have tried to explain that to him here, he is hard hearted. He will not listen and he continues to bear false witness against us by say9 g we think it’s ok to sin.

that’s why I stopped conversing with him after months of trying to explain to him what we really believe

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are disciplined by God are God’s legitimate children. They will surely be brought back to that which is good. For God fails not.

Tong
R3429
This is something you have to completely ignore the implications in order to think you might "depart" from your salvation. God's not going to let you get away with it.

One of His exceeding great and precious promises!

:)

He WILL discipline you, and it WILL be effective! Oh He will not let you go, no, He will not let you go. He is never weary, and He will not let you go!

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful of accepting his erroneous vocabulary.

The Biblical terminology for the NT Christian is that God has made them a new person. The New Man. A New Creation. Having been born of God. Not just a new heart. @Ferris Bueller picks that up from the OT as he constantly endeavors to have people think of the New Testament Christian in a legalistic First Covenant way.

Much love!
Amen we are made new creatures. Sadly all churches have dogs and swine in their congregations. When they leave. People want to say they lost their salvation. When in fact, a dog returns to his vomit and a sow wallow in the mire, they return to their true nature, which is an unborn again, they were and are still dead to Christ.

the workers however refuse to see this.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something you have to completely ignore the implications in order to think you might "depart" from your salvation. God's not going to let you get away with it.

One of His exceeding great and precious promises!

:)

He WILL discipline you, and it WILL be effective! Oh He will not let you go, no, He will not let you go. He is never weary, and He will not let you go!

Much love!
He leaves the flock to go find the lost sheep. His true sheep knows his voice and follow

I think people forget, God always called us sheep for a reason.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Wacked in the head or something. You see the quote in front of you, and then you read the quote of John 14:1 that STRONGLY suggests Jesus is NOT God at anytime, and you still force from your mind to your lips and fingers to write, a completing warped and different version of this scripture as if it reads .."...you believe in God. also believe in me, who is also the same God whilst I'm on the earth..."

Some folks need their heads examined for this fatal spiritual disease of Trinityitis. I hope it is not contagious? Well I am for one, immune from it and I thank the one true God, YHWH who saves me.
But behind all that you take concerning the person of Christ to be, I would guess that He is you savior. For scriptures so tells us, right?

<<<Some folks need their heads examined for this fatal spiritual disease of Trinityitis.>>>

Some folks need their hearts examined…..

Tong
R3443

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what OSAS miss....because of what your foundation is built on....
That's not so. I'm as OSAS as anyone can be I think!

And the entire reason I'm OSAS is knowing our total deliverance in all respects from sin, now, and forever.

Saying that I think OSAS because I don't look for deliverance from sin in this life is very incorrect.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is also written
1 John 1-5 Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.
This is of course true, but I don't see us as being the judge of other's righteousness.

People struggle with many things. I can look at someone's life, and think, they are living in unrighteousness, they must not be a Christian.

But maybe they are, and the main work God has done so far is largely internal, where I don't see it yet.

This is why I speak of these things as opinions. They are our ideas about other people.

Anyway enough of conversing with some of you....you do the same things I've seen you accuse others of...

None of it uplifts the hearers
And I do not want to take part in your ploy....so

I'm sorry you feel that way!

Much love!