new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peace to you....time to ignore...so those of us who want to learn from each other can with the right heart....
Please know that I welcome your conversation at any time. Also I realize that while I may post replies to your posts, I understand that you may not be responding.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But behind all that you take concerning the person of Christ to be, I would guess that He is you savior. For scriptures so tells us, right?

<<<Some folks need their heads examined for this fatal spiritual disease of Trinityitis.>>>

Some folks need their hearts examined…..

Tong
R3443
No doubts....Of course Christ is our Lord that saves us, made all possible by his Father.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Be careful of accepting his erroneous vocabulary.

The Biblical terminology for the NT Christian is that God has made them a new person. The New Man. A New Creation. Having been born of God. Not just a new heart. @Ferris Bueller picks that up from the OT as he constantly endeavors to have people think of the New Testament Christian in a legalistic First Covenant way.

Much love!
Not accepting anything that is not from God.

Tong
R3444

Reactions: marks

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not so. I'm as OSAS as anyone can be I think!

And the entire reason I'm OSAS is knowing our total deliverance in all respects from sin, now, and forever.

Saying that I think OSAS because I don't look for deliverance from sin in this life is very incorrect.

Much love!
If they would stop fighting a term, OSAS, I think they may be open to understanding what we really believe

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John says the knowledge of the fact we have eternal life (osas) is the base on which we continue to believe. And it is this faith and the power of God that gives us deliverance from the power of sin.
Amen!

This is the thing that concerns us all, I think! We believe we are saved, but we still see too much flesh to be comfortable in our salvation.

What you've said is exactly true as I see it, knowing that God will save us at the last is what gives us what we need to overcome sin in our lives today.

Struggling with the one causes struggling with the other. Law provokes sin.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

This is the thing that concerns us all, I think! We believe we are saved, but we still see too much flesh to be comfortable in our salvation.

What you've said is exactly true as I see it, knowing that God will save us at the last is what gives us what we need to overcome sin in our lives today.

Struggling with the one causes struggling with the other. Law provokes sin.

Much love!
It’s why paul considered all his suffering a momentary light affliction

this life is so short compared to eternity,

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I was guilty of sin before I got saved. Jesus had not removed it, yet. Jesus died ahead of time as the propitiation for everyone's sin in anticipation of the day that I or anyone else may choose to have faith in that propitiation and receive forgiveness of sin at that time.
Rather,

Behold, the Lamb of God, that carries away the sin of the world.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses against them.

God removed sin in Christ, reconciling you to Himself. What remains is that you receive the reconciliation.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
This is something you have to completely ignore the implications in order to think you might "depart" from your salvation. God's not going to let you get away with it.

One of His exceeding great and precious promises!

:)

He WILL discipline you, and it WILL be effective! Oh He will not let you go, no, He will not let you go. He is never weary, and He will not let you go!

Much love!
Well, apparently there are some who does not realize that, for while they are aware that God disciplines any and all of His erring children, they realize not it is not the illegitimate ones that He disciplines. And they fail to realize that God disciplines them for their good, and God will not fail nor will He give up until He had accomplished His purpose in doing so.

Tong

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here you go slandering

the gospel is not how we live, it is God making us right with him so we have the ability to live.

John said one who sins has never seen God, whoever is born of God does not sin.

it is the true faith believers who obey, who walk on the spirit who do works. Make believers can do works, but they have no fruit because they have no faith,

We aren't saved to "do". We are saved to "be". Salvation is a relationship. We are restored to fellowship with our Creator.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the old covenant of priest and sacrifice could not remove was your propensity to sin. But it most surely forgave certain sins. But only for as long as to the next time you sinned, because the sacrifice you made before is long gone now, and the priest who offered it may not be around anymore, either.
No, sins were covered, but not removed. Animal blood and the blood of the Son of God are not the same in efficacy, as if Jesus blood were no better than a goat's blood.

Once again, this is an end run to try and sneak OT definitions into NT theology. As if the forgiveness of sin in Christ were the same as having offered a bull.

Hebrews 10:1-4 LITV
1) For the Law had a shadow of the coming good things, not the image itself of those things. Appearing year by year with the same sacrifices, which they offer continually, they never are able to perfect the ones drawing near.
2) Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered? Because those serving did not still have conscience of sins, having once been cleansed.
3) But in these there is a remembrance of sins year by year,
4) for it is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say I understand all this in Hebrews...I read it the other day. But my spouse said it was merely a covering, but it did not take sin away.

Hebrews 10:1-4 LITV
1) For the Law had a shadow of the coming good things, not the image itself of those things. Appearing year by year with the same sacrifices, which they offer continually, they never are able to perfect the ones drawing near.
2) Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered? Because those serving did not still have conscience of sins, having once been cleansed.
3) But in these there is a remembrance of sins year by year,
4) for it is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well he seem to claim that he have met people who claim to be born again who says that it is okay to sin or do evil.

I told him that those people only by that manifest the falsity of what they claim to be, that is, that they are born again.

Tong
R3435
He claims many things. I don't find his claims credible, myself. I've seen too many times where he re-words people's posts into something they didn't say, as if they had, then fault them on that.

It's dishonest, and someone who will do that to others, I feel no assurance that they won't equally misrepresent themself.

Much love!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
No doubts....Of course Christ is our Lord that saves us, made all possible by his Father.
That’s right, Jesus Christ is Lord, the one and only Savior of man from sin and death, and from all there is that is evil. For there are not two Lords, but one. There are not two saviors but one. There are not two King of Israel but one. There are not two King of Kings but one. There are not two Lord of Lords but one. There are not two creators but one. There are not two who sustains all things but one. And so on….

Tong
R3446

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're talking about willful, deliberate sin here.
Sin is sin. If you are parsing sins into some that are "less OK" than others, that presents an inaccurate view of sin.

That distinction was made in the OT. Not in the NT. Defining the New Covenant Christian according to the covenant of Law between God and Israel yields confusion.

You fault those whom you claim say "Sin is OK",

We're talking about willful, deliberate sin here. Not the sin of the struggling, Christ loving person longing to live for him, still growing up into Him, learning how to overcome sin in his life.

Surely you aren't saying that the second version of sin is OK, are you?

What is is there that you do not have power over as a Christian? That would be the "unwillful sin", so called. There is no such thing, you know. Unwillful sin. Sin that you don't have the power to deny. Doesn't exist. Not for the reborn.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a lot of opinion in there.

<<<And you will see how different it is than what the church teaches.>>>

What church?

Tong
R3440
And there is also blatant error. The sacrifices were not able to remove sins. This is plainly stated in a couple of places. FB continues to blend together the First Covenant and the New Covenant, toward the ruin of the hearers.

Much love!

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, to be fair I have met people who claim to be born again who have said it was "okay" to sin or do evil. Meaning it had no effect on their salvation.
Interesting, in the 25 years since I received Him, I've never heard anyone in a congregation say such, but then all had the understanding that the blood of Christ was sufficient payment for the propitiation of all their sin.
Of course most of my acquaintances and friends in the church were actively involved in ministry and I certainly didn't talk to everyone except from a pulpit. It's unfortunate that so many people think that merely repeating a "sinners prayer" will give them entry into the kingdom regardless of their doubts and disbelief. I'd say that it's far worse to believe that you have a birthright to the kingdom because of the religion of your family or the performance of religious rites. I suppose it's just another sign of the times.