New World Order Bible Versions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Posting like this off the top with that type of condescension negates anything you have to say right off the bat
Hey Stan.
Sorry if I came across condescending.
Here's what I said...

If you have an open mind, and critical thinking skills, and, most importantly, are after THE truth, not MY truth
then you can research this topic thoroughly.
I didn't say then you will see I'm right, the KJV is the best. All I'm saying is if you want to get to the truth, you need to study the facts. Because some people don't

However, in the end I find this subject really causes Christian brothers and sisters to attack each other.
Turns out that statement was true.

My personal opinion after some fairly dedicated study, and for my own peace of mind, I believe the KJV is really the closest "translation" let's be honest, it is translated from other manuscripts of antiquity.
So, I believe it has been put together after cross referencing the thousands of manuscripts in many languages over thousands of years.

So, am I not permitted to have my own opinion Stan
Really, I'm not sure why you got so angry.

John

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
If you have an open mind, and critical thinking skills, and, most importantly, are after THE truth, not MY truth
I didn't say then you will see I'm right, the KJV is the best. All I'm saying is if you want to get to the truth, you need to study the facts. Because some people don't

However, in the end I find this subject really causes Christian brothers and sisters to attack each other.

My personal opinion after some fairly dedicated study, and for my own peace of mind, I believe the KJV is really the closest "translation" let's be honest, it is translated from other manuscripts of antiquity.
So, I believe it has been put together after cross referencing the thousands of manuscripts in many languages over thousands of years.

John
Again, spot on, Bronzesnake.

But beware. Why would you think this place would be any different from the world at large? Truth is the first casualty in this war, so simply keep the first thing, the first thing. We state the truth, and then we move on.

Don't let yourself be sidetracked with the incessant attacks from the enemy. Keep on posting the truth. There are many others who are watching who have already benefitted from what you've said. I am but one of them.

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
when you meet Jesus, he won't be speaking in Elizabethan English.
If anyone thinks He does speak to them that way then I would suggest it is NOT God they hear
ok, I'm curious...what language will Jesus be speaking to me when I meet him Stan. ;)

StanJ, just post "I hath studiest for 43 years and a fortnight." in the king's English and it will likely be accepted. ;)
A good Christians never misses a chance to take a shot at another. ^_^

John
sojourner4Christ said:

But beware. Why would you think this place would be any different from the world at large? Truth is the first casualty in this war, so simply keep the first thing, the first thing. We state the truth, and then we move on.

Don't let yourself be sidetracked with the incessant attacks from the enemy. Keep on posting the truth. There are many others who are watching who have already benefitted from what you've said. I am but one of them.
Thank you.

John

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
sojourner4Christ said:
To be crystal,

lol No, thanks.

He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered (Proverbs 28:26)
ya, that's about as cleareth as mudeth.
Bronzesnake said:
Hey Stan.
Sorry if I came across condescending.
Here's what I said...

John
No less condescending John... and what makes you think anyone here has NOT studied the issue as it relates to this thread?

There is no problem with having an opinion, IF you voice it as such. Deriding others who opine against this topic, by implying they don't have the ability to think or study critically, is another matter.

I am not, nor do I easily get angry, but I am very straight forward and I don't mince words. Big difference. If I am mad at you, it will be Very EVIDENT.

Speaking of critical thinkers, AND scholars, you may want to read the following link by Dr. Dan Wallace. If you know anything about Greek scholars you will know he is one of the best in his field.

https://bible.org/article/why-i-do-not-think-king-james-bible-best-translation-available-today
sojourner4Christ said:

Sadly, most of your type act as if other Christians are the enemy. Truth is the Word of God, and that is in Greek and Hebrew.

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
No less condescending John... and what makes you think anyone here has NOT studied the issue as it relates to this thread?

There is no problem with having an opinion, IF you voice it as such. Deriding others who opine against this topic, by implying they don't have the ability to think or study critically, is another matter.

OK Stan, fair enough. I can see your point.

Speaking of critical thinkers, AND scholars, you may want to read the following link by Dr. Dan Wallace. If you know anything about Greek scholars you will know he is one of the best in his field.
Wait a minute Stan, you just did what you rode me about.
I'll read the article, or whatever it is. Thanks
I'm still waiting to know what language Jesus will be speaking to me in Stan! :p
https://bible.org/ar...available-today

John

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bronzesnake said:

OK Stan, fair enough. I can see your point.

Wait a minute Stan, you just did what you rode me about.
I'll read the article, or whatever it is. Thanks
I'm still waiting to know what language Jesus will be speaking to me in Stan! :p
https://bible.org/ar...available-today

John
Not everyone knows about Greek scholars, which is why I qualified that reference to Wallace.

Sorry, I did answer that somewhere today, and said it will probably be the language that existed BEFORE the tower of Babel, IF we even talk then. It may be telepathic by that point. FYI, I am on a few forums so I tend to confuse what I've said where.

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Funny Stan, I clicked the link you posted, and realized I had already read it just yesterday.
He makes some good points, but I've also read some pretty decant refutations as well.
I'd really like it if there were more specific examples. In the end, both sides of the argument use a lot of anecdotal "proof" and of course, there's always bias.
I actually have a NKJV that I've used a lot, but I watched a documentary about the different versions, and it was pretty in depth. I became sort of convinced when a random debate broke out between a KJV "slave" LOL and an editor of another version, can't recall which, it was several months ago, but the KJV guy actually stumped the other fellow, and that really struck a chord with me.

In the end, I believe it's our faith in Jesus as our God and savior that really matters, s I may be a slave to the KJV but if I didn't tell anyone which bible I preferred, no one would ever know the difference, and I think that speaks volumes.

Take care brother.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bronzesnake said:
Funny Stan, I clicked the link you posted, and realized I had already read it just yesterday.
He makes some good points, but I've also read some pretty decant refutations as well.
I'd really like it if there were more specific examples. In the end, both sides of the argument use a lot of anecdotal "proof" and of course, there's always bias.
I actually have a NKJV that I've used a lot, but I watched a documentary about the different versions, and it was pretty in depth. I became sort of convinced when a random debate broke out between a KJV "slave" LOL and an editor of another version, can't recall which, it was several months ago, but the KJV guy actually stumped the other fellow, and that really struck a chord with me.

In the end, I believe it's our faith in Jesus as our God and savior that really matters, s I may be a slave to the KJV but if I didn't tell anyone which bible I preferred, no one would ever know the difference, and I think that speaks volumes.

Take care brother.
If you mean Wallace, yes he does. He IS what would be termed an EXPERT.

There are many sites about errors in the KJV.

http://watch.pair.com/TR-0-intro.html

http://www.bible.ca/b-kjv-only.htm

http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/bible-errors.html

http://www.bible-researcher.com/kjvdefects.html

http://www.ucg.org/booklet/how-understand-bible/actively-read-and-study-bible/are-there-mistakes-king-james-version-bib/

I could go on and on, but I think you get it.

I agree with you about our walk of faith. If you are comfortable and like the KJV, "to each his own", but serious study of the Word of God requires that you go outside of the KJV to the original languages and others tools. Doing that will show you what is indeed accurate.
I have no problem with people that prefer the KJV. I only have a problem with those that advocate KJV ONLY, and/or bash modern English translations that have been proven more accurate. You sure won't find this divisiveness among non-English translations.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Took a look at some of Daniel B. Wallace's writings. I don't consider him an expert, but actually rather shallow. He had written something about how many errors that were found in the KJV. Then he posted someone who refuted it, then of course he holds the microphone on his own blog and got the last word in. But they were having this tit for tat (sounds like most blogs) about how many hundreds or even ten of thousands of changes that have occurred since 1611, but with no substance. I suppose that if we count how many i's were changed to j's, then we could really boost the number of changes up significantly. Then look at all the &'s that have been removed and replaced with "and". Then look at all the y's with a little e above it, replaced with the word "the". Why the original KJV even "speled" the same word differently when used twice in the same sentence than the second time it was "spelled" in that sentence - and to think, I worked so hard for nothing in grade school to learn how to spell. No wonder few examples were given, and in the first two sets of examples that were given, they were wrong two out of six times. According to the way it was reckoned by him that would be a 33 ⅓ % error rate. And so they go, ad infinitum. For a supposed scholar and expert, I would like one who pays a little more attention to detail. After all, that is what critical texting in all about - detail, detail, detail, and Wallace isn't even close to measuring up. Besides, I critique the KJV frequently but I haven't seen any changes that effect salvation or the deity of Christ. And I have been able to discern some doctrines from the KJV that would have been impossible to do with the NIV or the NKJV. But who cares. Obviously many here do not. So, have a good time, while I take a nap.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Zeke, when you can establish you have the same credentials as Dan Wallace, and know what you're talking about, we may be able to give you some credulity. Until then, all you do is bloviate about the issue. Like I've told you before, if you want to read it fine, but to insist it is the best English translation there is and then put down all the Greek scholars who have contributed to the modern English translations, and those translations, with nothing more than refuted lies, there is really not much you will learn here.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
StanJ said:
Zeke, when you can establish you have the same credentials as Dan Wallace, and know what you're talking about, we may be able to give you some credulity. Until then, all you do is bloviate about the issue. Like I've told you before, if you want to read it fine, but to insist it is the best English translation there is and then put down all the Greek scholars who have contributed to the modern English translations, and those translations, with nothing more than refuted lies, there is really not much you will learn here.
Your inability to read and understand that which Wallace has written does not make others liars. It is there for those who care to spend the time reading it for themselves.

My credentials exceed those of Wallace. I’m surprised that you would make a judgment call on that since you do not know me. But it is your modus operandi to speak of that which you do not know and to engage in false character assassinations.

Do you really think that God is not watching? Do you really think that there will be no accountability required? Oops, I almost forgot. The Bible teaches this but your religion does not.

If you want to discuss something with substance (which I believe is beyond your agenda) instead of your emotion, then tell me why Matthew 26:17 contradicts itself in the NIV and in the KJV. However, one can determine the correct translation by reading the KJV, but the NIV has sealed the corrupted verses and it cannot be used to determine the correct translation.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
zeke25 said:
Your inability to read and understand that which Wallace has written does not make others liars. It is there for those who care to spend the time reading it for themselves.

My credentials exceed those of Wallace. I’m surprised that you would make a judgment call on that since you do not know me. But it is your modus operandi to speak of that which you do not know and to engage in false character assassinations.

Do you really think that God is not watching? Do you really think that there will be no accountability required? Oops, I almost forgot. The Bible teaches this but your religion does not.

If you want to discuss something with substance (which I believe is beyond your agenda) instead of your emotion, then tell me why Matthew 26:17 contradicts itself in the NIV and in the KJV. However, one can determine the correct translation by reading the KJV, but the NIV has sealed the corrupted verses and it cannot be used to determine the correct translation.
Oh I know you Zeke...I recognize that spirit where ever I encounter it. As far as being better than Wallace, I highly doubt the veracity of that assertion.

If you have FACTS to share then feel free to do so, but you MO is to assert falsehoods and prevaricate. Nothing I wish to engage in.

BTW, if you really WANT to see what the accurate translation of Matt 26:17 is, go HERE.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
post cancelled

StanJ said:
Oh I know you Zeke...I recognize that spirit where ever I encounter it. As far as being better than Wallace, I highly doubt the veracity of that assertion.

If you have FACTS to share then feel free to do so, but you MO is to assert falsehoods and prevaricate. Nothing I wish to engage in.

BTW, if you really WANT to see what the accurate translation of Matt 26:17 is, go HERE.
We're back to where we were awhile back. You say I assert falsehoods, but you never seem to be able to identify one. Hmmm. Go figure.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
zeke25 said:
post cancelled

We're back to where we were awhile back. You say I assert falsehoods, but you never seem to be able to identify one. Hmmm. Go figure.
they are IN your posts, why do I need to identify them. I gave you one answer today...did you do read it?

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
StanJ said:
they are IN your posts, why do I need to identify them. I gave you one answer today...did you do read it?
No you didn't give me any answer today, and you don't have to, that's your choice. But I know why you won't give me a straight answer, because then you would have to defend your position and that you are unable to do. No problem for me. It shouldn't be a problem for you either, just fade back into the shadows where you are most comfortable. I didn't come here to do a meaningless tit for tat with you or anyone, I came here to engage in Christian dialogue. So, don't be surprised if you are ignored from here on out, you earned it.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
zeke25 said:
No you didn't give me any answer today, and you don't have to, that's your choice. But I know why you won't give me a straight answer, because then you would have to defend your position and that you are unable to do. No problem for me. It shouldn't be a problem for you either, just fade back into the shadows where you are most comfortable. I didn't come here to do a meaningless tit for tat with you or anyone, I came here to engage in Christian dialogue. So, don't be surprised if you are ignored from here on out, you earned it.
of course I did... the red HERE is the link and your answer.
What you came here for is obvious...to sow discord within this community about Bible version.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
sojourner4Christ said:
Listen up, mod's. The statement above is clearly a false accusation, as anyone with half a brain can read this entire thread and see the facts for themselves. It is high time for the moderator(s) of this ostensibly "Christian" site to do the ostensibly "Christian" thing and rebuke the accuser of the brethren, StanJ, for his blatant slander of zeke25.
Are you two tag teamers that run around different Christian forums spreading your false teachings?
BTW, you report a post that you think is against the rules, by using the REPORT link on the bottom left of that post.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
StanJ said:
of course I did... the red HERE is the link and your answer.
What you came here for is obvious...to sow discord within this community about Bible version.
Thank you for the reply. If you had not identified exactly what it was you had a problem with I would have never ever guessed that it was Mounce’s translation of Matthew 26:17. I had addressed Mt. 26:17 in the KJV & NIV, but I had never addressed Mounce. I really didn’t even know why you had originally given it to me. I already knew the proper translation of Mt 26:17 and I didn’t need Mounce to tell me. So, let’s look at it. Oops, the way it is written at biblegateway.com it will not allow me to copy and paste it in here.

Anyway, Mounce gives a different translation than the KJV & NIV. Possibly, that is what bothers you about that which I said. Possibly, you do not see any difference in the three translations. I will put the part of the verse that I take issue with from all three:

KJV “Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread”.

NIV “On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread”.
(The 2011 update changed Feast to Festival).

Mounce “Now on the first day of Unleavened Bread”.

You will notice that KJV/NIV state “the feast of unleavened bread”, but Mounce states “Unleavened Bread”.

In this respect Mounce is correct and KJV/NIV are incorrect. Well, actually Mounce is not 100% correct because the word “bread” does not belong in any of the translations.

Also, the KJV at least italicizes “feast of” to alert the reader that these words were not a part of the Greek text. The NIV does no such favor to us. Instead, they just dogmatically change the Scriptures which is against the command of God.

Here is the problem. During crucifixion week, and every Passover week since Exodus 12, there have been two feasts identified during that week: (1) Passover and (2) the Feast of Unleavened Bread. These two separate and distinct feasts are sometimes referred to as “feasts”, sometimes “unleavened”, sometimes “unleavened bread”. When one of them is identified with these terms, it must be determined from the context which feast is being referred to, either Passover or the Feast of Unleavened Bread. It never refers to both simultaneously or grouped together as one feast that includes both.

Rabbinical Judaism does teach and refer to these two separate and distinct feasts as one long holiday, but the Bible never does. Besides, we don’t care what Rabbinical Judaism teaches, because it did not exist during all biblical times - Genesis to Revelation. Besides, the Jews do not care that Passover was a picture of the sacrifice that our Lord & Savior made, so they have no motivation to be accurate; in fact, I suspect that they are purposefully deceptive about it.

Matthew 26:17 is easy to discern in context which of the two feasts are being referred to. Because at the end of the verse the Passover is mentioned, making it crystal clear that the Passover unleavened feast is being spoken of and not the Feast of Unleavened Bread. But the KJV and NIV translators have corrupted this verse. They added the word “feast” where it does not appear in the Greek texts. I believe they were confused, just as most people are today, they were thinking of the “feast” as one big long 8 day celebration, when it was not at all. Mounce did not make that mistake, they were true to the Greek text with this one word and they did not make it up out of thin air and insert it into the text.

With the word “feast” inserted into the text of the KJV and NIV, it has made this verse contradict itself by pitting the Feast of Unleavened Bread against Passover. It cannot be both, it must be one or the other.

So, why is this important? Because it is impossible to calculate accurately the events of crucifixion week with the corrupting of the text. Because it makes the four gospel contradict one another regarding the events of crucifixion week, when there is no contradiction at all between the four gospels. Because it mixes Rabbinical Judaism teachings (which did not exist in all biblical times) with the teachings of the Bible and those teachings regarding crucifixion week are not compatible. The same way it is not compatible to insert the Gregorian calendar or the Rabbinical Judaism calendar back in time into crucifixion week. Those two, johnny come lately calendars, did not exist during crucifixion week. Therefore, no one can figure things out and they are constantly claiming that the synoptic gospels contradict the gospel of John, when they don’t at all.

This is the short answer.

StanJ said:
Are you two tag teamers that run around different Christian forums spreading your false teachings?
BTW, you report a post that you think is against the rules, by using the REPORT link on the bottom left of that post.
I met sojourner4Christ on this forum and had not known him anywhere else or before. This is the only forum on which I currently write on. Yes, in the past, but not now, I exchanged some emails with him, but his email no longer works and I haven't corresponded with him for over a week. We have our disagreements as well, but have thus far handled them in a respectful fashion. This is why I suggested that we email, instead of airing our disagreements on a forum that has its share of those who delight in un-Christ like behavior and disrespect.

In other words StanJ, you're not being double teamed. sojourner4Christ makes his decisions independent of me and I make mine independent of him. I had no way of knowing that he was going to make the posts that he made, or what type of post he would make. Can we say that for all the others who post on this forum? I don't know and I really don't care. Being tag teamed or double teamed merely means to me that I have more people to have Christian dialogue with.

Status
Not open for further replies.