New Zealand to ban smoking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At a certain point you have to throw up your hands and say, yeah, okay, the sky is falling every five seconds according to someone somewhere, uh huh. I’m just going to trust God. He knows exactly what I will eventually die of and the exact day it will happen. If it’s cancer, it’s cancer. If it’s a tree falling on me, it’s a tree.
That's how I feel. I chew tobacco and tried to quit again. I quit for 10 years. But so far unsuccessful. Bummer. For a time I was so worried about getting cancer that it was affecting my life in a negative way. Not any more. I just let it all go and keep going on.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It only proves it for some people. Again there are other families that smoke without ill effects.

Again, I disagree. Being in the medical field, I saw the damages that smoking causes from random people. On a whole, it causes health problems, the fact that there are some that aren't ever affected prove they are the exception to the rule so to speak.

Reactions: dev553344

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
devin, could you please pass the salami?
Which one would you like?...I grew up with many varieties, mostly Polish

thumbbig-416181.jpg
danish6-600x399.jpg

Dry-Polish-Sausage_inst-821x582.jpg

These are too fatty for me to eat these days...maybe a few times a year....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one would you like?...I grew up with many varieties, mostly Polish

thumbbig-416181.jpg
danish6-600x399.jpg

Dry-Polish-Sausage_inst-821x582.jpg

These are too fatty for me to eat these days...maybe a few times a year....
I Like the lower one me thinks :D

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm also a fan of smoked salmon:

Pacific-Northwest-Smoked-Salmon-Variety-Pack-SeaBear-7-92647-2018-a-square_grande.jpg
Now the natural (NON-FARMED) salmon is much better for you, although its prices keep going up more than just a 'tick' each year. We used to buy this every month, until the prices were getting too high.....suddenly, about 5 years ago...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A ban on smoking would be also good for cutting air pollution. I was surprise to learn NZ still have a ban on marijuana, I thought they had allowed it, but nope.

So NZ could be completely smoker free by law if they succeeded in banning cigarettes for all ages. I don't know if it will last for long though.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the natural (NON-FARMED) salmon is much better for you, although its prices keep going up more than just a 'tick' each year. We used to buy this every month, until the prices were getting too high.....suddenly, about 5 years ago...
Our steak went up in price to like $20-25 for a three pack of steaks. Needless to say I don't buy them anymore. My favorite is lobster which has always been high priced here on the west coast since it is an import.

When I lived in California I would get Ribeye steaks for $2.50-3.00 a lb. I was barbequing all the time then. That makes me hungry and I already ate:

20_34149_30W_01ex.jpg

OK, back to the topic of smoking ban...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our steak went up in price to like $20-25 for a three pack of steaks. Needless to say I don't buy them anymore. My favorite is lobster which has always been high priced here on the west coast since it is an import.

When I lived in California I would get Ribeye steaks for $2.50-3.00 a lb. I was barbequing all the time then. That makes me hungry and I already ate:

20_34149_30W_01ex.jpg

OK, back to the topic of smoking ban...
Which smoking ban are we talking about again?...the smoking salmon, steak, weed, cigs, gun....LOL

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Smoked meats, perhaps God just doesn't like smoke: Smoked food and cancer - PubMed

Smoking is a well-known source of food contaminated caused by carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Epidemiological studies indicates a statistical correlation between the increased occurrence of cancer of the intestinal tract and the frequent intake of smoked foods. As observed during the last 10 years in a certain district of Hungary with a Slovenian population, the percentage of stomach cancer among all types of cancer is nearly twice as high (47-50%) as in Hungary altogether (29.9%). In this special district, predominantly home-smoked meat products are consumed.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which smoking ban are we talking about again?...the smoking salmon, steak, weed, cigs, gun....LOL
See post #57. Smoke definitely increases risk of cancer not just inhaled but also ate.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I chew tobacco and the conclusion is that there is no correlation to a increased risk in cancer. Ahaha take that New Zealand: Oral cancer in a tobacco-chewing US population--no apparent increased incidence or mortality - PubMed

Results: The average annual incidence rates (per 100,000 population) for oral/pharyngeal cancer in West Virginia males and females were 13.4 and 5.1, respectively; these compared with rates of 15.4 and 5.7 for the US. The average annual mortality rates (per 100,000 population) for the disease in West Virginia males and females were 4.2 and 1.6, respectively; these compared with 4.4 and 1.5 for the US. West Virginia oral/pharyngeal mortality rates for both genders were statistically significantly lower than US rates throughout the years 1950 through 1980. Among other potential oral cancer etiologic factors, the very low prevalence of alcohol abuse in West Virginia seemed to be relevant.

Conclusions:
The hypothesis was not confirmed by data analysis. West Virginia is the state with the highest per capita consumption of smokeless tobacco, yet it has less oral/pharyngeal cancer than the US average. The authors strongly urge additional and improved epidemiologic evaluation of the oral cancer risk of smokeless tobacco use in US males.