NEWSFLASH: Abraham was not a Jew. Neither was Isaac. Neither was Jacob.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You're the one hurling insults.
And you're the one whose tone in his posts has been extremely arrogant from the start. And still is, and said that I don't know what I'm talking about.
Jesus will return to Jerusalem, Capital of Israel and FIGHT for Israel. Hope you don't get in His way!
Hope you stop getting in His way before He returns by saying that His people Israel are those who reject him because they do not believe in Him.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you're the one who tone in his posts has been extremely arrogant from the start. And still is.
That's your erroneous opinion. Are you upset that Jesus will return to Israel?
Hope you stop getting in His way before He returns by saying that His people Israel are those who reject him because they do not believe in Him.
I hope you're not in this group.

Zechariah 14
12 And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I hope you're not in this group.

Zechariah 14
12 And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.
.. "My posts are not arrogant in tone, that's just your erroneous opinion" you protest.

I will not fight against Jerusalem and I will not fight against the Jews.

Sorry to disappoint you.

@Jack When will you stop fighting against Him by claiming that people who reject Him because they do not believe in Him are part of His Israel?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.. "My posts are not arrogant in tone, that's just your erroneous opinion" you protest.

I will not fight against Jerusalem and I will not fight against the Jews.

Sorry to disappoint you.
I'm VERY glad you won't commit suicide fighting against Israel! Many will.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm VERY glad you won't commit suicide fighting against Israel! Many will.
I have absolutely no bone to pick with Israel or Jews anywhere.

But you keep telling them they are God's chosen nation (Israel) though they have been broken off because of their rejection of the seed of Abraham, who is Christ.

The difference between you and me is I care enough about Jewish people to tell them the truth. You don't. You obviously repeat the same lie to them that you tell here.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have absolutely no bone to pick with Israel or Jews anywhere.

But you keep telling them they are God's chosen nation (Israel) though they have been broken off because of their rejection of the seed of Abraham, who is Christ.

The difference between you and me is I care enough about Jewish people to tell them the truth. You don't. You obviously repeat the same lie to them that you tell here.
Then why will Jesus return to Israel and FIGHT for Israel? Satan has confused you!

God bless Israel!!!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Then why will Jesus return to Israel and FIGHT for Israel? Satan has confused you!
Because all the evil of and treachery of the nations find its nest in the country called "Israel" that they (the nations) created.

@Jack You believe Satan's lie about people who reject the seed of Abraham being part of His Israel.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one hurling insults.

Jesus will return to Jerusalem, Capital of Israel and FIGHT for Israel. Hope you don't get in His way!
It's interesting that in Zechariah 12, which many take to be endtimes, it is said that Israel's victory and Jerusalem's victory are distinguished so as to not compete with one another. In other words, both Jerusalem and Israel belong to a single entity and are to be treated as equals. May I suggest that this sounds very much like today's Israel, where surrounding countries are challenging Israel's survival, and Israel is able to beat them back?

Zech 12.6 “On that day I will make the clans of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume all the surrounding peoples right and left, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.
7 “The Lord will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem’s inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah.

By the time of Zechariah, the land of Judah had come to represent all 12 tribes of Israel, including all of the traditional lands associated with it.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't think you even know what you're saying!

God bless Israel!!!
Well the felling is mutual.

God bless Israel! Israel is in Christ, through faith in Him. Many Jews are part of Israel. But the majority are not, at the time this is written. Many Gentiles too are part of Israel, but the majority are not.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you're the one whose tone in his posts has been extremely arrogant from the start. And still is, and said that I don't know what I'm talking about.

It can be said, generally, that Israel, ie the Jews, presently reject Jesus. But it cannot be said that Israel completely and forever rejects him. There is always a believing remnant among the Jews, and many, including me, believe that Israel will in the future accept Jesus as their Messiah. It's fitting that those whose Messiah he is eventually accept him for who he is!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Etymology, Jew:
late 12c., Giw, Jeu, "a Jew (ancient or modern), one of the Jewish race or religion," from Anglo-French iuw, Old French giu (Modern French Juif), from Latin Iudaeum (nominative Iudaeus), from Greek Ioudaios, from Aramaic (Semitic) jehudhai (Hebrew y'hudi) "a Jew," from Y'hudah "Judah," literally "celebrated," name of Jacob's fourth son and of the tribe descended from him....

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It can be said, generally, that Israel, ie the Jews, presently reject Jesus. But it cannot be said that Israel completely and forever rejects him. There is always a believing remnant among the Jews, and many, including me, believe that Israel will in the future accept Jesus as their Messiah. It's fitting that those whose Messiah he is eventually accept him for who he is!
Israel has already accepted Messiah. It's in Christ through faith in Him. This has been ongoing for nearly 2,000 years and will continue until He returns.

My hope is that the majority of Jews will accept Him and become part of Israel again, grafted back into the Olive tree. Until then those Jews who reject Him are not part of His Israel.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN!!!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Etymology, Jew:
late 12c., Giw, Jeu, "a Jew (ancient or modern), one of the Jewish race or religion," from Anglo-French iuw, Old French giu (Modern French Juif), from Latin Iudaeum (nominative Iudaeus), from Greek Ioudaios, from Aramaic (Semitic) jehudhai (Hebrew y'hudi) "a Jew," from Y'hudah "Judah," literally "celebrated," name of Jacob's fourth son and of the tribe descended from him....
So you've just confirmed my OP in this thread. Jacob/Israel is not synonymous with "Jew" because he had 12 sons, not only one. The words "Israel" (Jacob) and "Jew" are not synonymous. Jacob is the father of the Jews + 11 other tribes, and together they were all called "Israel". The Jews are not the only part of Israel, and since the time of Christ those who reject Him are broken off from Israel. Gospel truth.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
By the time of Zechariah, the land of Judah had come to represent all 12 tribes of Israel, including all of the traditional lands associated with it.
How sad it is that most of the above natural seed of Jacob have been broken off from Israel since the time of Christ through their unbelief and rejection of the seed of Abraham, who is Christ.

I praise Jesus for the remnant, and pray for the rest.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you've just confirmed my OP in this thread. Jacob/Israel is not synonymous with "Jew" because he had 12 sons, not only one. The words "Israel" (Jacob) and "Jew" are not synonymous. Jacob is the father of the Jews + 11 other tribes, and together they were all called "Israel". The Jews are not the only part of Israel, and since the time of Christ those who reject Him are broken off from Israel. Gospel truth.
Abraham was a Gentile. Go with that and realize by God's will Israel and Jews exist.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
To be honest I don't even understand why the fact that the majority of the Jews have been broken off from Israel (which is in Christ alone) and the fact that the identity of Israel since the time of Christ = Jews and Gentiles in Christ through faith in Christ, should have anything to do with where Jesus will appear when He fights against the nations.

For some reason some Christians are unable to understand the distinction between the identity of Israel and the prophetic statements about the return of Jesus.

The fixation with unbelieving Jews instead of with Christ should not be a thing among the saints.​

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Abraham was a Gentile. Go with that and realize by God's will Israel and Jews exist.
I've never even implied anything else.

But you imply that because Jews exist, the believers and unbelievers among them have ALL remained part of Israel, when the very scriptures tell you that the unbelieving ones have been broken off and are only restored as citizens of Israel IF and when they repent of their unbelief.

It's something that occurs almost weekly in Israel, thanks to the Jewish Christians telling their Jewish kinsmen the truth that so many Gentiles will not tell them.