NEWSFLASH: Abraham was not a Jew. Neither was Isaac. Neither was Jacob.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Newsflash: Abraham was not a Jew.
Neither was Isaac.
Neither was Jacob/Israel
Neither were Reuben and his descendants
Neither were Gad and his descendants
Neither were Asher and his descendants
Neither were Naphtlai and his descendants
Neither were Dan and his descendants
Neither were Simeon and his descendants
Neither were Levi and his descendants
Neither were Issachar and his descendants
Neither were Zebulun and his descendants
Neither were Joseph and his descendants
Neither were Ephraim, son of Joseph, a Gentile born in Egypt to an Egyptian mother, whose seed would become the fullness of the Gentiles/a multitude of nations, and his descendants
Neither were Manasseh, son of Joseph, a Gentile born in Egypt to an Egyptian mother, and his descendants

The vast majority of all the above descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were exiled in 725 B.C, ceased being a nation before God, and became scattered among the nations, where their descendants have continued to intermarry with Gentiles in the nations to this day.

Neither was Benjamin a Jew, but the majority of his descendants eventually became amalgamated with the Jews.

Judah was the patriarch of the Jews - but Newsflash: Abraham was not a Jew.

Neither was Isaac.
Neither was Jacob/Israel.

The biblical scriptures are not about "the Jews". They are about God's promise to Abraham that he would become a father of a multitude of goy (nations), and that in Abraham's seed (Christ) all the families of the earth will be blessed.
The biblical scriptures are about THE seed of Abraham, who is Jesus.

Hope this helps some people to overcome their obsession with "the Jews".

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope this helps some people to overcome their obsession with "the Jews".
This is not an "obsession with the Jews." Abraham's biological descendants formed into a nation that God promised them. The Jewish People in the land of Israel and coalescing into a nation is precisely what God Himself promised will be for all time, at least up until the New Earth.

Your agenda appears to be to marginalize the Jewish People, and to "hit them while they're down." The Prophets frowned upon Israel's enemies relishing in God's punishment upon them. God's judgment will come back upon those who enjoy God punishing and chastising His people. That's is God's word, and I would be very careful!

Amos 1.6 This is what the Lord says:
“For three sins of Gaza,
even for four, I will not relent.
Because she took captive whole communities
and sold them to Edom,
7 I will send fire on the walls of Gaza
that will consume her fortresses.
8 I will destroy the king of Ashdod
and the one who holds the scepter in Ashkelon.
I will turn my hand against Ekron,
till the last of the Philistines are dead,”
says the Sovereign Lord.

Eze 36.1 Ezekiel, son of man, tell the mountains of Israel 2 that I, the Lord God, am saying:
Your enemies sneered and said that you mountains belonged to them. 3 They ruined and crushed you from every side, and foreign nations captured and made fun of you. 4 So all you mountains and hills, streams and valleys, listen to what I will do. Your towns may now lie in ruins, and nations may laugh and insult you. 5 But in my fierce anger, I will turn against those nations, and especially the Edomites, because they laughed at you the loudest and took over your pasturelands. 6 You have suffered long enough, and, I, the Lord God, am very angry! Nations have insulted you, 7 so I will now insult and disgrace them. That is my solemn promise.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is not an "obsession with the Jews." Abraham's biological descendants formed into a nation that God promised them. The Jewish People in the land of Israel and coalescing into a nation is precisely what God Himself promised will be for all time, at least up until the New Earth.

Your agenda appears to be to marginalize the Jewish People, and to "hit them while they're down." The Prophets frowned upon Israel's enemies relishing in God's punishment upon them. God's judgment will come back upon those who enjoy God punishing and chastising His people. That's is God's word, and I would be very careful!
Oh go stand in front of your mirror and keep your false accusations for the man in your mirror. This post is in response to @APAK 's thread and the constant bashing of the Jews.

Your false accusation
Your agenda appears to be to marginalize the Jewish People, and to "hit them while they're down."
is going to be among your words that you will be explaining for when you stand before Jesus if you do not apologize to me, and mean it.

Because once again you have made yourself a little god believing you know the thoughts and intents of the hearts of others as well as Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: GracePeace

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh go stand in front of your mirror and keep your false accusations for the man in your mirror. This post is in response to @APAK 's thread and his constant bashing of the Jews.

Your false accusation

is going to be among your words that you will be explaining for when you stand before Jesus if you do not apologize to me, and mean it.

Because once again you have made yourself a little god believing you know the thoughts and intents of the hearts of others as well as Jesus.
I was responding to your public claim that "Abraham was not a Jew." That is extremely disingenuous and insulting to the Jewish People. You owe them, and Abraham, a very loud apology. I will not apologize to you for condemning your most open and indefensible statement that "Abraham is not a Jew!" You yourself stand not before a mirror, which is a faulty standard, but before God, who is the perfect standard, and explain to Him why you're saying these things. I don't have to know about your conversation with others.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Abraham was a Gentile who was chosen by God to be the ancestor of the Jewish people.

The term Jew is a shortened form of the word Judah, which was the name of one of the tribes of Israel, the tribe of David and of Jesus (Matthew 1:1). Judah was also the name of the southern half of the kingdom of Israel when it split into two parts (1 Kings 12), because it was dominated by the large tribe of Judah. The first time the word Jew is used in the Bible is during the exile (2 Kings 25:25), and may have been a term coined by the Babylonians or Persians to refer to the people in their midst who had come from the kingdom of Judah. By New Testament times, Jew was a common term, and it has remained in usage unto this day. Obviously, Abraham was never referred to by this term
And?

Abraham was a Gentile chosen by God to be the ancestor of Israel - which consists of 12 tribes. Abraham was chosen by God to be the ancestor of Jesus, who is a descendant of Judah a.k.a "the Jews" - one of the 12 tribes.

God's only motive was to bring Christ into the world. Not to create any tribe to be either exalted above any other nations, or condemned as the only humans in the world who have sin.

Your church has done a very good job over time of condemning them.

Reactions: GracePeace and APAK

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term Jew is a name given to the southern part of Israel. As apposed to the northern part which was defeated by the assyrian army

The term is given to all 12 tribes, who were represented in Judah after assyria fell. and after Judah was returned from Exhile

The term Jew, israel, Jacob all are used to denote the 12 sons of Jacob, who was a son of Isaac who was the son of Abraham

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was responding to your public claim that "Abraham was not a Jew." That is extremely disingenuous and insulting to the Jewish People. You owe them, and Abraham, a very loud apology. I will not apologize to you for condemning your most open and indefensible statement that "Abraham is not a Jew!" You yourself stand not before a mirror, which is a faulty standard, but before God, who is the perfect standard, and explain to Him why you're saying these things. I don't have to know about your conversation with others.
Abraham was not a Jew. Go ask any Jew.

Neither was Isaac.

Neither was Jacob/Israel.

They are the ancestors of 12 tribes, only one of which = "the Jews".

You owe me an apology. Get on your knees and ask Jesus if you owe me an apology or not. He's also a Jew.

• Haha
Reactions: GracePeace

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The term Jew is a name given to the southern part of Israel. As apposed to the northern part which was defeated by the assyrian army

The term is given to all 12 tribes, who were represented in Judah after assyria fell. and after Judah was returned from Exhile

The term Jew, israel, Jacob all are used to denote the 12 sons of Jacob, who was a son of Isaac who was the son of Abraham
The term Israel applies to Gentiles who believe in Jesus + Jews who believe in Jesus - for the last 2,000 years.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And?

Abraham was a Gentile chosen by God to be the ancestor of Israel - which consists of 12 tribes.
This is a ludicrous statement, since the term "Gentile" only has meaning *after* Abraham has produced the Hebrew, or "Jewish," nation. Abraham was in a very true sense the father of the Jewish People. In saying he "was not a Jew" you seem to demean God's promise to preserve for him a biological posterity revealed as a nation in the land of Canaan.
God's only motive was to bring Christ into the world. Not to create any tribe to be either exalted above any other nations, or condemned as the only humans in the world who have sin.
That's a lie. God Himself told Abraham His intention was to bring not just a multitude of nations into existence who would represent His faith, but also to bring a nation built upon Abraham's biological posterity, ie Israel. You deliberately and clearly call God a liar at worst, or say we all misunderstood Him at best.
Your church has done a very good job over time of condemning them.
Are you a supporter of Swedenborgianism? Just curious....

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is a ludicrous statement, since the term "Gentile" only has meaning *after* Abraham has produced the Hebrew, or "Jewish," nation. Abraham was in a very true sense the father of the Jewish People. In saying he "was not a Jew" you seem to demean God's promise to preserve for him a biological posterity revealed as a nation in the land of Canaan.

That's a lie. God Himself told Abraham His intention was to bring not just a multitude of nations into existence who would represent His faith, but also to bring a nation built upon Abraham's biological posterity, ie Israel. You deliberately and clearly call God a liar at worst, or say we all misunderstood Him at best.

Are you a supporter of Swedenborgianism? Just curious....
Come back to this thread once you've prayed, read the Bible from cover to cover, and know what you're talking about.

See you in a year.

You owe me an apology before you do come back in a year's time.

• Sad
Reactions: mailmandan

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

The name "Israel" became synonymous with the term "the Jews" after 725 B. C and until the resurrection of Christ, when most Jews became broken off from Israel and from covenant relationship with God through their unbelief (because the fact that Abraham was their father did not help them).

Since the death and resurrection of Jesus, the name Israel is synonymous for all the seed of Abraham who believe in Jesus:

Romans 4
16 Therefore it is of faith so that it might be according to grace; for the promise to be made sure to all the seed, not only to that which is of the Law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all.

The name Israel doe not refer to anyone - Jew or Gentile - who does not believe in Jesus, though Jews who do not believe in Jesus call themselves Israel and many Christians follow them in believing the same lie they believe, so that the name Israel has been hijacked.

Hijacking of a name and a status is illegitimate.

God does not honor it.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name "Israel" became synonymous with the term "the Jews" after 725 B. C and until the resurrection of Christ, when most Jews became broken off from Israel and from covenant relationship with God through their unbelief (because the fact that Abraham was their father did not help them).

Since the death and resurrection of Jesus, the name Israel is synonymous for all the seed of Abraham who believe in Jesus:

Romans 4
16 Therefore it is of faith so that it might be according to grace; for the promise to be made sure to all the seed, not only to that which is of the Law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all.

The name Israel doe not refer to anyone - Jew or Gentile - who does not believe in Jesus, though Jews who do not believe in Jesus call themselves Israel and many Christians follow them in believing the same lie they believe, so that the name Israel has been hijacked.

Hijacking of a name and a status is illegitimate.

God does not honor it.
All the jews who were slaughtered by Hitler were jews..

I am not a jew. I am a child of Abraham or a Child of God. through abraham, I am of the nations who are blessed. I am a gentile believer

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
that is false.

A gentile who believes in Jesus is neither jew or Gentile.. He is a child of God..
A Jew who believes in Jesus is neither Jew nor Gentile either. He is a child of God. I hope that you consider Jews in Christ in the same way, otherwise you are displaying prejudice against the Jews in Christ. Jews and Gentiles in Christ = Israel. That's what I said.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
All the jews who were slaughtered by Hitler were jews..

I am not a jew. I am a child of Abraham or a Child of God. through abraham, I am of the nations who are blessed. I am a gentile believer
The Jews who have been slaughtered by Hitler and Hamas are all Jews, but only those who believe in Jesus are Israel. The ancestors or unbelievers were broken off from Israel and covenant relationship with God 2, 000 years ago, and since then only those Jews in Christ through faith in Christ (together with Gentiles who believe in Jesus) are Israel.

The rest will only be grafted back into Israel if they repent of their unbelief.

Every time a Jewish person turns to faith in Christ, Israel is being saved.

Every time a Gentile turns to faith in Christ, he/she becomes part of Israel.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Jew who believes in Jesus is neither Jew nor Gentile either. He is a child of God. I hope that you consider Jews in Christ in the same way, otherwise you are displaying prejudice against the Jews in Christ. Jews and Gentiles in Christ = Israel. That's what I said.
true

But nationally, A jew is a person who is physically from Abraham Issac and Jacob, and whose ancestors came from the southern kingdom of Juda

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews who have been slaughtered by Hitler and Hamas are all Jews, but only those who believe in Jesus are Israel. The ancestors or unbelievers were broken off from Israel and covenant relationship with God 2, 000 years ago, and since then only those Jews in Christ through faith in Christ (together with Gentiles who believe in Jesus) are Israel.

The rest will only be grafted back into Israel if they repent of their unbelief.

Every time a Jewish person turns to faith in Christ, Israel is being saved.

Every time a Gentile turns to faith in Christ, he/she becomes part of Israel.
jew is part of Israel.

I suggest you study the OT