Nlp Or The Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
Hi, can anybody help? I've recently been reading article’s on things like NLP (Neuron-linguistic programming) Law of Attraction and books like Anthony Robbins, physics etc. For example a close friend of mine is very heavily in to NLP, Psychology, the power of the mind etc. He attends NLP seminars regularly and whilst i firmly believe that some of these subjects have a certain amount of truth to them and to an extent can have an effect on our lives, i still can't help believing that the Bible is the gospel the source of all knowledge and truth nothing else. It seems that my friends core beliefs are in NLP and the law of attraction, i find this greatly misleading similar to the concept of scientology because its obvious that salvation doesn't lie in either of these concepts. However with regard to the information in this post where in the bible can I find where GOD talks about the body and mind and what one must do in order to be the best of one's self to produce the best results. I feel as though the real truth could help my friend in having an eternal life instead of a mortal one.Thank youMusicworld.

bethog

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (musicworld @ Apr 2 2009, 12:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71559
Hi, can anybody help? I've recently been reading article’s on things like NLP (Neuron-linguistic programming) Law of Attraction and books like Anthony Robbins, physics etc. For example a close friend of mine is very heavily in to NLP, Psychology, the power of the mind etc. He attends NLP seminars regularly and whilst i firmly believe that some of these subjects have a certain amount of truth to them and to an extent can have an effect on our lives, i still can't help believing that the Bible is the gospel the source of all knowledge and truth nothing else. It seems that my friends core beliefs are in NLP and the law of attraction, i find this greatly misleading similar to the concept of scientology because its obvious that salvation doesn't lie in either of these concepts. However with regard to the information in this post where in the bible can I find where GOD talks about the body and mind and what one must do in order to be the best of one's self to produce the best results. I feel as though the real truth could help my friend in having an eternal life instead of a mortal one.Thank youMusicworld.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. Rom 7:25 I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. 1Cr 2:16 For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ. Eph 2:3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. Eph 4:23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole book of Proverbs would be a good place as well. It is the book of wisdom and it talks about instruction in wisdom, starting with reverence for the Lord (Proverbs 1:7).