No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
By way of interest:

The early church started in Jerusalem, not Rome. Peter was just one of the Apostles in the Jerusalem church. It is interesting that when Paul and Barnabas went to Jerusalem to deal with the issue concerning the pressure from some Jewish "false" apostles on the Gentile churches, it was James who was the spokesman for the Apostles, not Peter. If Peter was the senior Apostle in the Jerusalem church, he would have been the spokesman, not James.

And, if Peter was the recognised head of the church, Paul would not have rebuked him when Peter would not eat with Gentile believers when a group of Jewish believers visited a Gentile church where Paul and Peter were.

The Apostle John did not accept anyone as having the preeminence in the church, because he went to a church where a guy was dominating, to sort him out and put him in his place. John would never have accepted a bishop of Rome as being the head of the church.

Therefore Rome being the centre of the Christian church, with the Chair of Peter, was just a fraudulent invention of a power-hungry hierarchy in the church of Rome, and it remains so to this day.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Then what is the one true church founded on Peter ?
No church has been founded on Peter. The true church, made up of all those who have received Christ as Saviour, is founded on the Rock Jesus Christ. Christ referred to Peter as a stone, but it was on the Rock of Himself as the Christ, the Son of the Living God, that is the foundation of the true Christian church.

The RCC is founded on arrogant, adulterous, political popes who dictated how people should worship God for 1000 years until godly people started rightfully rebelling against them and preached the true gospel of Christ.

Reactions: marksman

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No church has been founded on Peter. The true church, made up of all those who have received Christ as Saviour, is founded on the Rock Jesus Christ. Christ referred to Peter as a stone, but it was on the Rock of Himself as the Christ, the Son of the Living God, that is the foundation of the true Christian church.

The RCC is founded on arrogant, adulterous, political popes who dictated how people should worship God for 1000 years until godly people started rightfully rebelling against them and preached the true gospel of Christ.

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." I Cor 3:11

Reactions: marksman

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not talking about the Catholic Church; but of all those who have placed their faith in Jesus for salvation.
Sooo your theory is that all of “those who have placed their faith in Jesus for salvation” are the pillar and foundation of truth? Fascinating theory.

So there are over 1 billion Christians who are the pillar and foundation of truth according to your theory. Everyone has the truth even though everyone’s truth is different.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RCC priests are forced to be celibate if they are to remain priests. I think the Council of Trent says that priests who marry are to be anathema (condemned to hell).

The celibacy rule for priests was instituted because the Pope did not want priests marrying outside of the Church, or to wives who did not agree with Church doctrine. It started with a rule made that Christian marriages could only happen in Christian churches and by an ordained priest. This was mainly directed toward emperors who were likely to marry wives outside of the Catholic church.

But the celibacy rule didn't stop priests and nuns fornicating, and adulterous and fornicating popes bringing illegitimate children into the world.
Nope, wrong!!! A single man chooses to be celibate if he wants to be a priest and there are some married priest who are not celibate. You should learn Church teaching before you comment on it!

Here is a link to Council of Trent document. Show me where it says absolutely 100% a priest has to be celibate instead of your “I think” theory: ~The Council of Trent~

If you took the time to read that link and educate yourself you would see that the man who told you that lied to you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you deny Christ and his church and salvation

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By way of interest:

......It is interesting that when Paul and Barnabas went to Jerusalem to deal with the issue concerning the pressure from some Jewish "false" apostles on the Gentile churches, it was James who was the spokesman for the Apostles, not Peter. If Peter was the senior Apostle in the Jerusalem church, he would have been the spokesman, not James....
Oh goodness....Who taught you? You should fire them.

After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Notice how PETER said what “We believe”. What did James then do Paul Christensen??? He agreed with Peter:

James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me.14 Simon (Peter) has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:....”

Christian history makes it clear that James was the leader of the church in Jerusalem.

Now some homework for you. How many times is James mentioned compared to Peter in NT? How many times is Peter spoken of as 1st amongst the Apostles. Peter is the first to proclaim the gospel publicly. Etc etc......You got some studying to do.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you continue to promote this lie? There have been Christians who opposed the papal dominance of Rome since it's inception. Christians who objected to being forced to submit to a tyranny that murdered it's opponents. Christians who preferred to cling to scripture for truth rather than tradition which contradicted scripture. There was always groups of Christians throughout the world who disagreed with Rome's heresies, lies, murders, and adultery with the Kings of the earth. Enough with this pretense that the reformation was the only opposition. That's a straw man. Stop hiding the truth.
Hi Backlit,

Christians who Cling to the scripture of truth rather than tradition?????????????? Soooo you don’t like the passage from scripture that says hold fast to the traditions you were taught. You would rather ignore that passage because it doesn’t fit with what YOU believe??? Fascinating!!! Instead you hold fast to the traditions your Protestant men teach you....goodness.

Your revolutionaries had multiple “truths” from the same passage....So who is confused? God, for giving each of them a different truth, or the revolutionary man?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct.
But it is not a description of the Roman Catholic church, which is a fraud.
OK...I will go with your theory that The Church (what you call Roman Catholic Church) is a fraud.

Which church Isn’t a fraud and is the pillar and foundation of truth? And please don’t tell me it is all Christians who truly believe in Christ, have the Spirit in them etc etc. That theory means that there are over 1 billion people with the “truth” even though all their truths are different. I would like to see a logical answer based on scripture.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No church has been founded on Peter.
Jesus disagrees with you: And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give YOU the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever YOU bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever YOU loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.’

He said YOU 4 times in that passage. He didn’t say the church is made up of all those who have received Christ as Saviour and He didn’t say that he will give the keys to all those who have received Christ as Saviour. Run from whomever tickled your ears.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

And if you knew gods Word instead of mens doctrine, you would know that that remission or retention is not toward heaven, but on earth Rom. 6:23

The church and Christ are one
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

sorry but that is yor Roman teaching clouding your mind! Jesus forgave all sins by the blood He shed on the Cross. If a person has placed theoir trust in the death and REsurrection of Jesus , their sins are all forgiven before god the Father Judicially. Experientially, the church may call for one to experience the consequence of their sin. Like telling one who has committed murder, thatr the sin is forgiven, but turning them into teh police to face the consequence of their sin! That is what John 20:21 is about, not about being forgiven from a heavenly perspective.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus disagrees with you: And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give YOU the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever YOU bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever YOU loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.’

He said YOU 4 times in that passage. He didn’t say the church is made up of all those who have received Christ as Saviour and He didn’t say that he will give the keys to all those who have received Christ as Saviour. Run from whomever tickled your ears.
I see that you are pretty well convinced that the Roman church is the only true church descended from Peter and the Apostles, and that the Pope is the true representative of Christ (replacing the indwelling Holy Spirit by the way).

I will ignore that the Vatican has more male and female prostitutes than all the other city red lights put together, and homosexual orgies are common place. By the way, it was not Protestants who said those things, it was Vatican insiders seeking reforms who said it. They also said that Pope John Paul 1 was murdered and Pope Benedict given an offer he couldn't refuse and forced to resign because both wanted to clean the Vatican out of the adultery, fornication and homosexuality that was corrupting it.

Martin Luther, while still a faithful monk, went on a pilgrimage to Rome to increase his spirituality, but was shocked, disappointed and disillusioned when he witnessed the total corruption that he saw. Instead of seeing a shining light of true Christian faith and holiness, all he saw was corruption and uncleanness and that put the first spark of reformation in his heart. He didn't want to leave the Roman church, but they threw him out because he wanted to clean it up, and they sought to kill him because he wouldn't shut up about the filth that he saw in the top echelons of Roman church hierarchy.

So if you want to believe in a church like that, you are welcome to it!

Reactions: Brakelite

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooo your theory is that all of “those who have placed their faith in Jesus for salvation” are the pillar and foundation of truth? Fascinating theory.

So there are over 1 billion Christians who are the pillar and foundation of truth according to your theory. Everyone has the truth even though everyone’s truth is different.

Which church Isn’t a fraud and is the pillar and foundation of truth? And please don’t tell me it is all Christians who truly believe in Christ, have the Spirit in them etc etc. That theory means that there are over 1 billion people with the “truth” even though all their truths are different.

The number of people who actually have a living and saving faith in Jesus is markedly less than what you have determined.

While, I would say that differences in doctrine, if they concern peripheral issues rather than issues that are essential to salvation, are not going to place a person outside of the body of Christ, the church.

Yes, the church does consist of all those who believe in Jesus Christ and what He did for them on the Cross.

However, there are some who have a dead faith and a dead orthodoxy who do not have the Holy Spirit because they have not surrendered their lives to Christ.

Those who truly do have the Holy Spirit will be guided into all truth (John 16:13).

This is not to say that all of them in the present moment have 100% of the truth. They may still be learning.

For we are being transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:1-2).

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The number of people who actually have a living and saving faith in Jesus is markedly less than what you have determined.....
Really? Please enlighten me. What is that number? What criteria did you use to come up with that number?