No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A couple of things, Einstein . . .

Consider now, that you've been proven to have deceived at least 3x, regarding posting to us here that "noah" was saved by water.
How do we know? Because you posted this to me, 3x, in response to my "water cult" Thread.
You have now walked it back, and denied it, which for you is standard operating procedure.
However, running from the Light is not going to hide your deeds.

So, Let me help you again..

Your water "cult of the Virgin" theology teaches that "water baptism" is how a person is born again.
Your false bible says...>"born again by water"......"by WATER"......not by the Holy Spirit, but by WATER.
John 3, as you know.
You want to deny all this now, as you are ashamed that this is your doctrine and your Church's.
You even foolishly quoted your Church's religious doctrine, which stated this amazing "doctrine of devils'..

Read it now..

""""""
THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM

1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, notice very carefully Readers, and you also, breadoflife.........the WATER and not GOD, and not the Holy SPIRIT, but WATER WATER WATER, is given full and complete and utter CREDIT for :

1: Gateway to life in the Spirit

2. Thru WATER """we are freed from SIN""

3. Thru water we "Become members of Christ"

4. Thru water we are "REBORN"

5. Thru water we are incorporated into the body of Christ.

Now...
See all those lies? Those are Cross rejection doctrines of devils.
Notice that GOD and the HOLY SPIRIT are not involved, with the Water...they are not even mentioned.
Its all WATER, WATER, WATER, AND MORE WATER.. as taught by the "cult of the Virgin" that is so define by the Church Fathers, = history of your church, Breadoflife.
You can read the Church History, you can Wikipedia it, or use any Encyclopedia., and read all about the "cult of the Virgin". This was the title of what became know later (only as)= the "Catholic" church.

WATER CULT Theology, IS ONLY giving Credit to the WATER for SALVATION.

And so breadoflife.....such is your cult of the virgin and its water cult doctrine.

And there is lots more, if you need it exposed.
Let me know.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely have - on numerous occasions.

Prove it.

2 Peter 1:10 says to make make every effort to be without sin.

It says that if you give diligence to make your calling and election sure, you will never fall.

1 John 3:7 tells us that He is able to make us righteous even as He is righteous. How righteous is Jesus? He is completely righteous.

1 John 3:3 is about the HOPE we have – NOT a guarantee.

It says that if we have this hope, we purify ourselves even as He is pure. How pure is Jesus? He is without sin.

1 John 2:6 is about not living a life of willful sinNOT about never stumbling.

It says that if we abide in Christ we will walk even as He walked. Did Jesus ever sin?

Jude 1:24, 1 John 3:7 are words of encouragement about not sinning.

Jude 1:24 tells us that he is able to keep us from falling and to present us before the Lord faultless.

1 John 2:10 is conditional, live in the light.

And if we do, there is none occasion of stumbling in us.

1 John 3:6 is conditional, IF you remain in Him.

Correct. It teaches that if we abide in Him, we will not sin. Which is to be compared to the next verse:

1 John 2:17 is conditional, IF you do His will – and ALWAYS do it without fail.

If we do the will of God we will abide for ever.

And that sounds like eternal security to me.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - ONLY mentioned Hislop because YOU brought him up and touted his book as "irrefutable".

Secondly - for the FIFTH time - the Book I told you about that debunks ALL of Hislop's manure is by PROTESTANT minister, Ralph Woodrow (not "Wilson") called, "The Babylon Connection?". The reason it is important that he is a Protestant is because YOU accused me of using "Catholic sources" against Hislop's book.

Finally - from post #440 - here are THREE points made from Woodrow's book that debunk Hislop's claims:

He actually DID his research, whereas, Hislop simply invented the things he wrote - such as:
- Claiming that the pagan Roman state religion prior to Christianity worshipped a central Mother Goddess.
They NEVER HAD a central Mother goddess.

- That Jupiter was called "Jupiter-Puer".
This is where Catholics allegedly get thet "worship" of Peter ("Puer").

- That the pagan goddess Semiramis married her son, Nimrod.
She lived centuries AFTER Nimrod, and could NOT have been his mother, NOR could she have married him.

You need to pay closer attention on a debate site . . .

Prove He invented them.

I don't care if His last name is Woodrow or Wilson. One man is not the many you implied! He is Protestant- Whoopie!

Start a thread on this and we can discuss it there. I brought up Hislop because Romanism is steeped in Babylonian Idolatry.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hislop taught the Christian Trinity had pagan origins, and the cross is a pagan symbol. Most of the members here don't agree with Hislop's brain-washing lunacies.

The idea that icons were introduced by Roman paganism by Constantine is a myth developed by Alexander Hislop in his Two Babylons. In fact, it was Islam that forbade icons a millennia before Hislop invented his myths.

It was the Muslim Abd al-Jabbar was the first to propagate these myths in his “Critique of Christian Origins,” which is considered the first Islamic history on Christianity in the late tenth century. Without knowing that the author is Muslim, quoting some of al-Jabbar writings is similar to what anti-Constantine Messianic and Evangelicals say:
read more here

Is Catholicism Pagan? | Catholic Answers

Is The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop Reliable Book Review (onthecheese.com) authored by an evangelical.

Jehovah's Witnesses' periodical The Watchtower frequently published excerpts from it until the 1980s.[20] The book's thesis has also featured prominently in the conspiracy theories of racist groups such as The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord[21] and other fringe groups.[22]
The Two Babylons - Wikipedia

Well as I said before I never agreed with all his conclusions. but I found this quote from th elink you provided very right on:

"Before going further, let me state clearly now that I am not about to repudiate all of book as fruitless. However, as this website has grown it has come to my attention, that perhaps this book has been put on an undeserved pedestal by some. Giving it an authoritativeness on par with the Holy Bible. There are questions that should be and need to be answered. Again to clarify myself, I feel strongly that many of the formal doctrines and practices of the Catholic Church are not Biblical. But, the question addressed here; was Hislop right about every point he so vehemently argued? More and more it is coming to my attention that it is time for the subject of the origins of religions and beliefs as they have come down to the present to be reexamined from a more Biblical perspective. The Two Babylons is not the exhaustive work on the subject that many have for decades been so willing to believe. At best it is but the starting ground. At worst it has served as a stumbling block to those who found comfort in its authoritarian air of it's writing and looked no further."

See I like the book, even I disagree with some of HIs conclusions. You can trace intense similarities with paganism (which originated in ancient Babel) and the rise of much of the idolatry of the Roman church. given that the official end of Roman Persecution of religions and constantine giving Christianity an implied favored staus, it became very socially desirable in Ancient rome to become a "christian". Much like many American politicians go to a church. Many are probably Christian in name only! That opened the door for the the first trickle, then steady stream of pagan thought seeping in and finding its home in what became the RCC in the 6th Century.

I hold no book, including Hislops< on the level with Scripture, but use them and profit from them when I can if their is profit to be had.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- That the pagan goddess Semiramis married her son, Nimrod.
She lived centuries AFTER Nimrod, and could NOT have been his mother, NOR could she have married him.

Who Is Semiramis?
by Jerry Robinson | Old Testament, Topical Studies | 82 comments

Ancient history tells a very interesting story about a mother and child which eventually becomes a major motif throughout most world cultures. The mother’s name is Semiramis and her child’s name was Tammuz. In this article, we will focus on the identity of the mother.

WHO IS SEMIRAMIS?
According to the historian Eusebius, Semiramis was the wife of Nimrod. In the Sumerian language, her name is “Sammur-amat.”

According to less trustworthy traditions, Semiramis was Noah’s granddaughter, and both the mother and wife of Nimrod.

semiramis.jpg

Semiramis – The Mother and Wife of Nimrod

According to various legends, Semiramis became pregnant after engaging in an adulterous affair while married to Nimrod. Around this same time, Nimrod dies a violent and untimely death. In an effort to retain power and to hide her misdeeds, Semiramis makes a most audacious claim. She publicly declares that upon Nimrod’s death he had been resurrected as the god of the sun. As the sun-god, Nimrod used his sun rays to miraculously inseminate Semiramis with a child. This child was thus considered to be divinely conceived. The child’s name was Tammuz, which she claimed was the reincarnated Nimrod. (Thus, Semiramis was both Nimrod’s wife and mother.)

nimrod and semiramis - Google Search

I can post more but history shows you wrong!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider now, that you've been proven to have deceived at least 3x, regarding posting to us here that "noah" was saved by water.
How do we know? Because you posted this to me, 3x, in response to my "water cult" Thread.
You have now walked it back, and denied it, which for you is standard operating procedure.

Your water "cult of the Virgin" theology teaches that "water baptism" is how a person is born again.
Your false bible says...>"born again by water"......"by WATER"......not by the Holy Spirit, but by WATER.
John 3, as you know.
You want to deny all this now, as you are ashamed that this is your doctrine and your Church's.
You even foolishly quoted your Church's religious doctrine, which stated this amazing "doctrine of devils'..

Read it now..

""""""
THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM

1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.".

Now, notice very carefully Readers, and you also, breadoflife.........the WATER and not GOD, and not the Holy SPIRIT, but WATER WATER WATER, is given full and complete and utter CREDIT for :

Now...
Notice that GOD and the HOLY SPIRIT are not involved, with the Water...they are not even mentioned.
Its all WATER, WATER, WATER, AND MORE WATER.. as taught by the "cult of the Virgin" that is so define by the Church Fathers, = history of your church, Breadoflife.
You can read the Church History, you can Wikipedia it, or use any Encyclopedia., and read all about the "cult of the Virgin". This was the title of what became know later (only as)= the "Catholic" church.

And so breadoflife.....such is your cult of the virgin and its water cult doctrine.

Let me know.

what Bible do you approve of for your “faith alone in Christ alone by grace alone” cult?

EIGHT SOULS WERE SAVED BY WATER!
BAPTISM NOW SAVES US!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who Is Semiramis?

Ancient history tells a very interesting story about a mother and child which eventually becomes a major motif throughout most world cultures. The mother’s name is Semiramis and her child’s name was Tammuz. In this article, we will focus on the identity of the mother.

WHO IS SEMIRAMIS?
According to the historian Eusebius, Semiramis was the wife of Nimrod. In the Sumerian language, her name is “Sammur-amat.”

According to less trustworthy traditions, Semiramis was Noah’s granddaughter, and both the mother and wife of Nimrod.

semiramis.jpg

According to various legends, Semiramis became pregnant after engaging in an adulterous affair while married to Nimrod. Around this same time, Nimrod dies a violent and untimely death. In an effort to retain power and to hide her misdeeds, Semiramis makes a most audacious claim. She publicly declares that upon Nimrod’s death he had been resurrected as the god of the sun. As the sun-god, Nimrod used his sun rays to miraculously inseminate Semiramis with a child. This child was thus considered to be divinely conceived. The child’s name was Tammuz, which she claimed was the reincarnated Nimrod. (Thus, Semiramis was both Nimrod’s wife and mother.)

satans counterfeits of the real mother and child Mary and Jesus!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
179. Baptism by water (Baptismus fluminis) is, since the promulgation of the Gospel, necessary
for all men without exception, for salvation.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it may be helpful to illustrate with cases where the pagan influence fallacy could be committed against his own position (e.g., the practice of circumcision was practiced in the ancient world by a number of peoples—including the Egyptians—but few Jews or Christians would say that its divinely authorized use in Israel was an example of “pagan corruption”).

Whenever one encounters a proposed example of pagan influence, one should demand that its existence be properly documented from primary sources or through reliable, scholarly secondary sources. After receiving documentation supporting the claim of a pagan parallel, one should ask a number of questions:

Is there a parallel? Frequently, there is not.
The claim of a parallel may be erroneous, especially when the documentation provided is based on an old or undisclosed source. For example: “The Egyptians had a trinity. They worshiped Osiris, Isis, and Horus, thousands of years before the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost were known” (Robert Ingersoll, Why I Am an Agnostic). This is not true. The Egyptians had an Ennead—a pantheon of nine major gods and goddesses. Osiris, Isis, and Horus were simply three divinities in the pantheon who were closely related by marriage and blood and who figured in the same myth cycle. They did not represent the three persons of a single divine being (the Christian understanding of the Trinity). The claim of an Egyptian trinity is simply wrong.

Is the parallel dependent or independent?
Even if there is a pagan parallel, that does not mean that there is a causal relationship involved. The idea that similar forms are always the result of diffusion from a common source has long been rejected by archaeology and anthropology, and for very good reason: Humans are similar to each other and live in similar (i.e., terrestrial) environments, leading them to have similar cultural artifacts and views. For example, Fundamentalists have made much of the fact that Catholic art includes Madonna and Child images and that non-Christian art, all over the world, also frequently includes mother and child images. There is nothing sinister in this.

The fact is that, in every culture, there are mothers who hold their children! Sometimes this gets represented in art, including religious art, and it especially is used when a work of art is being done to show the motherhood of an individual. Mother-with child-images do not need to be explained by a theory of diffusion from a common, pagan religious source (such as Hislop’s suggestion that such images stem from representations of Semiramis holding Tammuz). One need look no further than the fact that mothers holding children is a universal feature of human experience and a convenient way for artists to represent motherhood.

Is the parallel antecedent or consequent?
Even if there is a pagan parallel that is causally related to a non-pagan counterpart, this does not establish which gave rise to the other. It may be that the pagan parallel is a late borrowing from a non-pagan source. Frequently, the pagan sources we have are so late that they have been shaped in reaction to Jewish and Christian ideas.

Sometimes it is possible to tell that pagans have been borrowing from non-pagans. Other times, it cannot be discerned who is borrowing from whom (or, indeed, if anyone is borrowing from anyone). For example: The ideas expressed in the Norse Elder Edda about the end and regeneration of the world were probably influenced by the teachings of Christians with whom the Norse had been in contact for centuries (H. A. Guerber, The Norsemen, 339f).

Is the parallel treated positively, neutrally, or negatively?
Even if there is a pagan parallel to a non-pagan counterpart, that does not mean that the item or concept was enthusiastically or uncritically accepted by non-pagans. One must ask how they regarded it. Did they regard it as something positive, neutral, or negative?

For example: Circumcision and the symbol of the cross might be termed “neutral” Jewish and Christian counterparts to pagan parallels. It is quite likely that the early Hebrews first encountered the idea of circumcision among neighboring non-Jewish peoples, but that does not mean they regarded it as a religiously good thing for non-Jews to do. Circumcision was regarded as a religiously good thing only for Jews because for them it symbolized a special covenant with the one true God (Gen. 17). The Hebrew scriptures are silent in a religious appraisal of non-Jewish circumcision.

Similarly, the early Christians who adopted the cross as a symbol did not do so because it was a pagan religious symbol (the pagan cultures which use it as a symbol, notably in East Asia and the Americas, had no influence on the early Christians). The cross was used as a Christian symbol because Christ died on a cross. Christians did not adopt it because it was a pagan symbol they liked and wanted to copy.

Examples of negative parallels are often found in Genesis. For instance, the Flood narrative (Gen. 6-9) has parallels to pagan flood stories, but is written so that it refutes ideas in them. Thus Genesis attributes the flood to human sin (6:5-7), not overpopulation, as Atrahasis’ Epic and the Greek poem Cypria did. The presence of flood stories in cultures around the world does not undermine the validity of the biblical narrative, but lends it more credence.

Criticism, refutation, and replacement are also the principles behind modern holidays being celebrated to a limited extent around the same time as former pagan holidays. In actuality, reports of Christian holidays coinciding with pagan ones are often inaccurate (Christmas does not occur on Saturnalia, for example). However, to the extent the phenomenon occurs at all, Christian holidays were introduced to provide a wholesome, non-pagan alternative celebration, which thus critiques and rejects the pagan holiday.

This is the same process that leads Fundamentalists who are offended at the (inaccurately alleged) pagan derivation of Halloween to introduce alternative “Reformation Day” celebrations for their children. (This modern Protestant holiday is based on the fact that the Reformation began when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany, on October 31, 1517.) Another Fundamentalist substitution for Halloween has been “harvest festivals” that celebrate the season of autumn and the gathering of crops. These Fundamentalist substitutions are no more “pagan” than the celebrations of days or seasons that may have been introduced by earlier Christians.

Historical truth prevails
Ultimately, all attempts to prove Catholicism “pagan” fail. To make a charge of paganism stick, one must be able to show more than a similarity between something in the Church and something in the non-Christian world. One must be able to demonstrate a legitimate connection between the two, showing clearly that one is a result of the other, and that there is something wrong with the non-Christian item.

In the final analysis, nobody has been able to prove these things regarding a doctrine of the Catholic faith, or even its officially authorized practices.

Is Catholicism Pagan? | Catholic Answers

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church was founded first and wrote the scripture and says what is and what is not scripture and only the church has the authentic interpretation
The church that Jesus founded had no scripture except the Old Testament.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 3, as you know.

Read it now..

""""""
THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM

Now...

Let me know.
THANK YOU for another incredibly stupid and unprepared post – and for showing us that you are nothing more than just another ignorant anti-Catholic who does’t do his homework.
Time to get schooled again, son . . .

You presented ONE paragraph (1213) from the Catechism concerning Baptism.
Yes – the paragraph YOU presented speaks of the WATER of Baptism – but NOT the Holy Spirit.

Ummmmm, there are SIXTY-TWO (62) paragraphs in the Catechism of the Catholic Church that explain the Sacrament of Baptism (1213-1274), the water, the gift of the Holy Spirit and His regenerative grace, the forgiveness of sin, etc.. One would think that even YOU would have the brains to see that before responding.

No less than FIFTEEN of these paragraphs are dedicated solely to explaining the effects of the Holy Spirit on the Baptized person.
SEVERAL other paragraphs are dedicated to explaining the forgiveness of sin, the spiritual regeneration of the believer and so on.

So again - it’s YOU who has been exposed.
Next time – do your HOMEWORK, son . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who Is Semiramis?

WHO IS SEMIRAMIS?

semiramis.jpg

This nonsense was taken from an anti-Catholic website - NOT a historical source.
This guy is as ignorant as YOU are and also believe Hislop's manure.

BOTH
of you need to do some actual research -OUTSIDE of Hislop . . .

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one has authority to read or study scripture for himself and form his own doctrine!

We must be taught by the church of Christ!
Lk 1:4 instructed:
Matt 28:19 church of apostles commanded to teach all nations:
I believe the exact opposite. Everyone is obligated to read and stud the scripture for himself in order to come to a knowledge of the truth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove He invented them.

I don't care if His last name is Woodrow or Wilson. One man is not the many you implied! He is Protestant- Whoopie!

Start a thread on this and we can discuss it there. I brought up Hislop because Romanism is steeped in Babylonian Idolatry.
Alexander Hislop's book, "The Two Babylons" is just another pile of debunked manure . . .

https://www.equip.org/article/the-two-babylons/
From a Protestant site – as article from Ralph Woodrow

http://www.ukapologetics.net/1hislopbaby.html
a NON-Catholic site

https://www.scribd.com/document/363776878/an-lsm-myth-debunked-nimrod-madonna-the-two-babylons
a NON-Catholic site

https://fundamentalbaptistchristian.blogspot.com/2015/01/alexander-hislops-two-babylons-is-not.html
An ANTI-Catholic site that recommends other anti-Catholic materials to the reader – but to STAY AWAY from Hislop.

Nimrod & Alexander Hislop DEBUNKED (THE TRUTH about Nimrod, Hislop & Semiramis)
Joel Richardson
- an internationally known speaker and teacher Middle East issues. He also discusses this in his book, “Mystery Babylon - Unlocking the Bible's Greatest Prophetic Mystery”

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove it.
As I told you earlier - I am NOT going on a data mining expedition to the past.
Our conversations - and YOUR lies - took place months ago.

Anyway, if you want an example - back iin post #412 - YOU said:
"Just goes to show that you accuse everyone of being a liar;"

That is a blatant LIE . . .
It says that IF YOU GIVE diligence to make your calling and election sure, you will never fall.
1 John 3:7 tells us that HE IS ABLE to make us righteous even as He is righteous. How righteous is Jesus? He is completely righteous.
It says that IF WE HAVE THIS HOPE, we purify ourselves even as He is pure. How pure is Jesus? He is without sin.
It says that IF WE ABIDE in Christ we will walk even as He walked. Did Jesus ever sin?
Jude 1:24 tells us that HE IS ABLE to keep us from falling and to present us before the Lord faultless.
And IF WE DO, there is none occasion of stumbling in us.
Correct. It teaches that IF WE ABIDE in Him, we will not sin. Which is to be compared to the next verse:
IF WE DO the will of God we will abide for ever.
And that sounds like eternal security to me.
THANK YOU for proving my point

These are NOT guarantees that we will not or cannot sin.
They are CONDITIONS that we won't IF we DO what is REQUIRED of us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our conversations - and YOUR lies - took place months ago.

Anyway, if you want an example - back iin post #412 - YOU said:
"Just goes to show that you accuse everyone of being a liar;"

That is a blatant LIE . . .

No...that is an exaggeration.

And you continue to take on the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren (Revelation 12:10-11)...

THANK YOU for proving my point

These are NOT guarantees that we will not or cannot sin.
They are CONDITIONS that we won't IF we DO what is REQUIRED of us.

And therefore, my contention that sin is not inevitable is substantiated.

Because my point is that we can in fact have victory over (1 Corinthians 15:57) and freedom from (John 8:31-36) the power of sin (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14).

That the Lord is able to cause us to walk in His statutes and in his judgments ought to be evident in Ezekiel 36:27 and Philippians 2:13.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the exact opposite. Everyone is obligated to read and stud the scripture for himself in order to come to a knowledge of the truth.

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does behold explain

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

baptism?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THANK YOU for another incredibly stupid and unprepared post – and for showing us that you are nothing more than just another ignorant anti-Catholic who does’t do his homework.
Time to get schooled again, son . . .
I see Catholics aren't any better at engaging in discussion than us Protestants. Don't you get it that your ceremonies and liturgy don't mean anything if you're not going to be different in character? Stop taking comfort out of your religious activities and start drawing comfort from being different in character. I learned this lesson many years ago. That's why I detest the Catholic religion, and similar Protestant religions. They draw life and happiness and joy from liturgy instead of from godly character.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop taking comfort out of your religious activities and start drawing comfort from being different in character. I learned this lesson many years ago. That's why I detest the Catholic religion, and similar Protestant religions. They draw life and happiness and joy from liturgy instead of from godly character.
I don't want to be misunderstood. I've met beautiful, godly Catholics and members of mainstream Protestant denominations. I'm in no way broad stroking all members of these churches as dead and lifeless and misguided. I'm against the movements themselves.