No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe that people can be saved apart from water baptism, through faith alone.

God accepts faith to save you, not water.
"Grace though FAITH".
"FAITH.....not water.....is counted as righteousness".

When we give God our faith in Christ, God gives us His Holy Spirit...... born again.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling me that, while not posting my quote, makes you a deceiving fool.
Why are water cult people so knowingly dishonest?
I suspect it has everything to do with the head of your Church.
So, you can try it again.
=Same result.
The Light is on YOU.

the head of the church is Christ

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I di dmy homework and tracing teh history of many of the Catholic idols is not hard to find. They are easy enough to google.
Your disdain of the Catholic Church is not the isue.

YOU made statements about Alexander Hislop's heavily-debnked schlock-piece, "The Two Babylons" such as "and yet His work cannot be refuted!" and "Hislop wrote an excellent TOME called the Two Babylons" that I am holding you accountable for.

I have given you THREE debunked "facts" from his book, the name of a book written by on of his former disciples that debunks ALL of Hislop's book - as well as the name of the website he runs apologicing for having been part of the lies spawned by Hislop.

So far - all YOU'VE done is keep claiming that Catholics are idolators - but you haven't been able to defend th indefensible Hislop..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numbers, Job, and Psalms were written before the Cross; and Mark 7:21 is answered by Ezekiel 36:25-27 and Luke 8:15.
Those who are born again are no longer prone to sin.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9;
1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6;
Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10;
1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17;
Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT).
And that is Scripturally-ignorant nonsense.

For starters - James is writing to his readers, who, by the CONTEXT of his letter and BORN AGAIN Christians.
In James 5:16, we read:
"Therefore, CONFESS YOUR SINS to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed."

In Rom. 7:13-25, Paul makes the case for the fact that although we're not slaves to sin anymore, as Christians, we STILL STRUGGLE with sin.
In 1 Tim, 1:15, Paul even refers to HIMSELF (humbly) as the "Chief of sinners".
YOU ignorantly quote verses from 1 John 3, which you have taken OUT of context. John is explaining that we don't live a LIFE of willful sin anymore. He is NOT talking about the fact that we still stumble from time to time.

The following warnings are written to converted, BORN AGAIN believers NOT to fall back into a life of willful sin - or be LOST . . .
Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1,
1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling me that, while not posting my quote, makes you a deceiving fool.
Why are water cult people so knowingly dishonest?
I suspect it has everything to do with the head of your Church.
So, you can try it again.
=Same result.
The Light is on YOU.
First pof all - didn't "call' you anything.
I pointed out your LIE - not your name.

Secondly, in the post in question (#446), I HIGHLIGHTED your lie, so your false charge that I didn't post your quote is yet another LIE.
THIS was your quote: "And you were going to explain your water cult theology that teaches that immersion is what saved Noah and family"

I simply pointed out that this is a blatant lie and that you must NOT fear God NOR His Commandment against lying.
NOBOBY escapes His judgement, so you really should stop lying now . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, lets try it again.

Noah was told not to get into the water, and he didnt.
He was not water baptized by that FLOOD, that killed everything that was breathing.
Your cult teaches that you have to be immersed, and yet Noah was not.
You can't explain this, except to try to pretend that Noah was "saved by water", when in fact he never touched the water.
Noah was saved by the BOAT that kept him out of the water, as directed by GOD.
So, it was GOD who told Noah and family to stay OUT of the water.

So, when you can figure this out, you will have understood why you need to get far far far away from your water cult.
If you could ever figure it out.
ANOTHER Lie?
Dude - don't you fear God??

The Catholic Church has NEVER taught that we "MUST" be immersed in water at Baptism.
The Catholic Church has NEVER taught that we are "SAVED BY" the water at Baptism.

You sound like a complete idiot when you rave on post after post and LIE after LIE.
Get some help . . .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
First pof all - didn't "call' you anything.
I pointed out your LIE - not your name.
Secondly, in the post in question (#446), I HIGHLIGHTED your lie, so your false charge that I didn't post your quote is yet another LIE.
THIS was your quote: "And you were going to explain your water cult theology that teaches that immersion is what saved Noah and family"
I simply pointed out that this is a blatant lie and that you must NOT fear God NOR His Commandment against lying.
NOBOBY escapes His judgement, so you really should stop lying now . . .

You told me and this forum, numerous times, that water saved Noah.
And i told you everytime you stated that nonsense, that the ARK saved Noah.

Recently, i decided to take you farther, so i opened your eyes to the reality that you and your water cult teach that water is where it all happens, and you'll be the first to tell us again that we are "born again" by WATER.
Is your Douay Rheims water cult manual nearby?
John 3, remember?
So, that has to be Water Regeneration that occurs when a person gets IN THE WATER.

This is why i opened your eyes and mind again, 3x, to the fact that Noah didnt get in the water.
His family didnt.
Who was in the water? People being judged and killed.
So, when you teach that water.........when your cult falsely teaches that water SAVED Noah, equating this to water baptism or being "born of water", you are unable to explain why God kept Noah OUT of the WATER.
You can't, and neither can your cult.
You also can't explain why Abraham was never Water Baptized, or why in Acts 2:38 Peter and the 120 were speaking in Tongues before Peter Preached, and no water was involved.

Here is your problem and your cult's problem, Breadoflife
Its this...... Theological heretical illusion is painfully shattered right where discovery starts.
Thats your current position, and will remain so, as your painful discovery has started and you are not liking it.
If you're smart, you'll listen.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Catholic Church has NEVER taught that we "MUST" be immersed in water at Baptism.
.[/QUOTE]

Your water cult teaches that you are "born again by water"...
Its what the water cult Douay Rheims bible teaches in John 3.
Do you want to lie about that now, also?
"by water".
= "Born again BY Water".
So, is that drinking it,?
Tell us ..
Tell us all now, that "immersion" is not immersion, that its really just "sprinkling".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God accepts faith to save you, not water.
"Grace though FAITH".
"FAITH.....not water.....is counted as righteousness".

When we give God our faith in Christ, God gives us His Holy Spirit...... born again.

Yes, it is faith in the operation of God that does take place when a person is saved in water baptism.

Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 gives an absolute promise found nowhere else in scripture of the Holy Ghost being given...to those who receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins as an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and as a confession of Jesus before men.

In James 5:16, we read:
"Therefore, CONFESS YOUR SINS to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed."

This is answered by the word "if" in 1 John 2:1.

In Rom. 7:13-25, Paul makes the case for the fact that although we're not slaves to sin anymore, as Christians, we STILL STRUGGLE with sin.

Romans 7:14-25 is Paul using the literary tactic of IDENTIFICATION...he identifies himself as carnal in order to define carnality in order to win the carnal person to Christ (see 1 Corinthians 9:22).

That Paul himself is no carnal, and is not in the predicament himself that he describes in the passage, should be evident in 2 Peter 1:21....because Paul is penning holy scripture he is a holy man of God in the midst of his penning of holy scripture.

It should be clear that it is possible to graduate out of Romans 7:14-25 to begin living in Romans 8...

That the Romans 7:14-25 lifestyle is not the lifestyle of a saved/born again individual should be evident in that those who are in the flesh do not belong to Christ (Romans 8:9) and that Romans 7:14-25 describs those who are in the flesh (Romans 7:5, Romans 7:23) "in my members".

In 1 Tim, 1:15, Paul even refers to HIMSELF (humbly) as the "Chief of sinners".

Paul is saying here that in his flesh he is utterly sinful and that his life before coming to Christ was utterly sinful.

But that we do not have to live by the flesh should be evident (Romans 8:4).

The element of sin in the flesh can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any kind of say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

YOU ignorantly quote verses from 1 John 3, which you have taken OUT of context. John is explaining that we don't live a LIFE of willful sin anymore. He is NOT talking about the fact that we still stumble from time to time.

Of course, I did not only reference John 3:9 to substantiate my viewpoint. I also referenced 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv); 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17; Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT).

Some of these verses teach us that if we do certain things, we will never stumble or fall.

John 3, remember?
So, that has to be Water Regeneration that occurs when a person gets IN THE WATER.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 teaches rantismal regeneration (where rantism is the alliteration of the term for sprinkling).

This is why i opened your eyes and mind again, 3x, to the fact that Noah didnt get in the water.
His family didnt.
So, when you teach that water.........when your cult falsely teaches that water SAVED Noah, equating this to water baptism or being "born of water", you are unable to explain why God kept Noah OUT of the WATER.

The ark was in fact baptized (submerged in the water) before it came up out of the water over the fact that it was able to float.

You also can't explain why Abraham was never Water Baptized, or why in Acts 2:38 Peter and the 120 were speaking in Tongues before Peter Preached, and no water was involved.

The 120 were in fact water baptized (John 4:1-2); and Abraham was not water baptized because his life occurred before the Cross. Water baptism is a response to the Cross and it is an identification with the death on the Cross, the burial, and the resurrection of Christ.

Also the kjv.

I suspect that you will even denounce the kjv in order to support your doctrine.

Tell us all now, that "immersion" is not immersion, that its really just "sprinkling".

Yes, sprinkling is in fact valid as a method of applying water unto salvation.

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

All of this being said, I will make it clear that infant baptisms do not cut the cake, so to speak; because in order for a baptism to be valid, it must be that the person being baptized is making a confession of Jesus Christ before men in an identification with His death, burial, and resurrection. It must be the decision of the one being baptized that he is going to be baptized; it cannot be valid if it is merely the decision of the parents.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You told me and this forum, numerous times, that water saved Noah.
And i told you everytime you stated that nonsense, that the ARK saved Noah.

Recently, i decided to take you farther, so i opened your eyes to the reality that you and your water cult teach that water is where it all happens, and you'll be the first to tell us again that we are "born again" by WATER.
Is your Douay Rheims water cult manual nearby?
John 3, remember?

His family didnt.

Here is your problem and your cult's problem, Breadoflife
Its this...... Theological heretical illusion is painfully shattered right where discovery starts.
Thats your current position, and will remain so, as your painful discovery has started and you are not liking it.
If you're smart, you'll listen.
And that's a LIE just like everything else you vomit out of your mouth.

In post #402 on THIS thread as well as several OTHER threads - I have told you the following:

"... the Church has NEVER taught that Noah was saved BY water. The Church has ALWAYS taught - as we read in Scripture (1 Pet. 3:20) - that Noah and his family were saved THROUGH water. They were saved BY God."

Now, God tells us how He will deal with LIARS - so read carefully:

Rev. 11:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Good luck with that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO, it not.

First of all - John wasn't writing to the same readers as James. You need to read James in CONTEXT - something that you are completely unable to do because you need to perform some pretty fancy Scriptural acrobatics to arrive at your perverted doctrines.

Finally - "If" actually PROVES my point that born again Christians STILL struggle with sin.

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you MAY NOT sin. But if anyone DOES sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

He NEVER says that they won't sin - just advice so that they MAY NOT sin.
Romans 7:14-25 is Paul using the literary tactic of IDENTIFICATION...he identifies himself as carnal in order to define carnality in order to win the carnal person to Christ (see 1 Corinthians 9:22).

That Paul himself is no carnal, and is not in the predicament himself that he describes in the passage, should be evident in 2 Peter 1:21....because Paul is penning holy scripture he is a holy man of God in the midst of his penning of holy scripture.

It should be clear that it is possible to graduate out of Romans 7:14-25 to begin living in Romans 8...

That the Romans 7:14-25 lifestyle is not the lifestyle of a saved/born again individual should be evident in that those who are in the flesh do not belong to Christ (Romans 8:9) and that Romans 7:14-25 describs those who are in the flesh (Romans 7:5, Romans 7:23) "in my members".

Paul is saying here that in his flesh he is utterly sinful and that his life before coming to Christ was utterly sinful.
The element of sin in the flesh can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any kind of say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).
WRONG again.

In Rom. 7:14-25, Paul speaks about himself in the PRESENT tense. He is describing the difference between being sinful and living with the proclivity toward sin. A true Christian strives to NOT sin, but stumbles because of the flesh. THIS is the point Paul is making - NOT that he is sinless.

As for calling himself "Chief of sinners" - he is using hyperbole to make the point to his readers about the fact that even HE struggles with sin.
Of course, I did not only reference John 3:9 to substantiate my viewpoint. I also referenced 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv); 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17; Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT).

Some of these verses teach us that if we do certain things, we will never stumble or fall.
ALL of these verses point to our struggle with sin and the fact that we must STRIVE to NOT sin.
They are NOT a guarantee that we WON'T sin.

And your comment above in RED is VERY interesting for a Protestant to make.
"If WE DO"certain things"??

That sounds very Catholic.
I thought that as a Protestant - JESUS did it ALL for you and you do nothing . . .[/QUOTE]

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your water cult teaches that you are "born again by water"...

Do you want to lie about that now, also?
"by water".
= "Born again BY Water".
So, is that drinking it,?
Tell us ..
Tell us all now, that "immersion" is not immersion, that its really just "sprinkling".[/QUOTE]
I guess that, as a lover of Satan, you've never stop lying, so I'll just expose you again because this is fun . . .

THIS is straight from the Douay-Rheims Version:
John 3:5

Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again OF WATER and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

NOWHERE does it say "BY water".

Everybody reading this should take note of your repeated dishonesty - and your complete failure to win a Bible argument against an "idol worshipping" Catholic . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your perverted doctrines.

Perverted doctrine would be the kind of doctrine that gives people an excuse to sin by telling them that they are going to struggle with it and that there is no deliverance. That is what you teach...

I teach that we can have freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57) in Christ.

That is the least perverted that one can get...

Finally - "If" actually PROVES my point that born again Christians STILL struggle with sin.

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you MAY NOT sin. But if anyone DOES sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

He NEVER says that they won't sin - just advice so that they MAY NOT sin.

Notice that it doesn't say "WHEN" anyone does sin...

It says "if"...

Which indicates that sin is not inevitable in the life of a born again Christian.

As a matter of fact, the doctrine of the inevitability of sin is a heresy and false doctrine.

In Rom. 7:14-25, Paul speaks about himself in the PRESENT tense. He is describing the difference between being sinful and living with the proclivity toward sin. A true Christian strives to NOT sin, but stumbles because of the flesh. THIS is the point Paul is making - NOT that he is sinless.

Of course he is not sinless (1 John 1:8)...while he can be made perfect (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv))

Wherein the element of sin is rendered dead within us (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that, while we are not without sin, the element of sin no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

And your comment above in RED is VERY interesting for a Protestant to make.
"If WE DO"certain things"??

That sounds very Catholic.
I thought that as a Protestant - JESUS did it ALL for you and you do nothing . . .

The things that we do is to give diligence to make our calling and election sure...

Not every Protestant is of a Calvinistic bent in their theology.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If one simply followed thecontext without adding all sorts of allegorical reinterpreting we see this:
Recognizing symbolism isn't allegory. And the fourth beast is pagan Rome. Pagan Rome isn't coming back.

If the papacy and the RCC is the eleventh horn- when did this happen then:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
How much information do you require for me to prove this? I have written screeds of posts and articles on the above... Four specific criteria... That the Papacy/RCC fulfilled, including the symbolic times, time, and half a time. So, how much do you need to know? I could write one long post on each of those criteria.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perverted doctrine would be the kind of doctrine that gives people an excuse to sin by telling them that they are going to struggle with it and that there is no deliverance. That is what you teach...
That is your false conclusion. BoL said no such thing. Forensic justification or imputed righteousness is a perverted doctrine invented by Martin Luther because he was mentally ill and angry with the pope.
Psalm 51:1-2 – O God, blot out my transgressions, wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
This cleansing requires an inner change of heart. Many Protestants believe that we are so depraved that God only covers our sins up by declaring us righteous (imputing Christ’s righteousness to us). The Catholic (and Scriptural view), however, is that God is powerful enough to blot out our sins and remove them. The view that God just declares us righteous by “covering us up,” denigrates the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives, who continues the work of Christ through His work of justification and sanctification (infusing His grace into souls and changing the inner person).
read more here
That may be true but most Protestants are influenced by Calvin, they just won't admit it. Guaranteed salvation, invented by Calvin, is a case in point. We are 100% guaranteed salvation after we are dead and with God, not before.
Wherein the element of sin is rendered dead within us (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that, while we are not without sin, the element of sin no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).
That's not an excuse to bear false witness with stupid insults (i.e. idolatry) and misrepresentations, but we don't hold anti-Catholics accountable because invincible ignorance gets them off the hook.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"... the Church has NEVER taught that Noah was saved BY water. The Church has ALWAYS taught - as we read in Scripture (1 Pet. 3:20) - that Noah and his family were saved THROUGH water. They were saved BY God."

Do you really think the mods and the members here are stupid?

Do you really believe that you can hide the FACT that when you teach what your bible says......we are "born again by water", and now you say that we are "saved through water", that you are not teaching that water saves?

Listen deceiver.....saying that God saves through water, is "baptismal regeneration" that you teach and that your bible teaches, and that your cult teaches".

So, saying that "God saves" yet, defining how is by WATER, is a clever lie, but, a lie nevertheless.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is faith in the operation of God that does take place when a person is saved in water baptism.

Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 gives an absolute promise found nowhere else in scripture of the Holy Ghost being given...to those who receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins as an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and as a confession of Jesus before men.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 teaches rantismal regeneration (where rantism is the alliteration of the term for sprinkling).

The ark was in fact baptized (submerged in the water) before it came up out of the water over the fact that it was able to float.

The 120 were in fact water baptized (John 4:1-2); and Abraham was not water baptized because his life occurred before the Cross. Water baptism is a response to the Cross and it is an identification with the death on the Cross, the burial, and the resurrection of Christ.

Also the kjv.

I suspect that you will even denounce the kjv in order to support your doctrine.

Yes, sprinkling is in fact valid as a method of applying water unto salvation.

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

All of this being said, I will make it clear that infant baptisms do not cut the cake, so to speak; because in order for a baptism to be valid, it must be that the person being baptized is making a confession of Jesus Christ before men in an identification with His death, burial, and resurrection. It must be the decision of the one being baptized that he is going to be baptized; it cannot be valid if it is merely the decision of the parents.

truth matters not to some
Mk 16:16 faith and baptism

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I teach that we can have freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57) in Christ.

That is the least perverted that one can get...
WRONG.
You're being dishonest again because that's NOT what the Catholic Church teaches.

Unlike YOU - we simply understand what John was saying when he wrote:
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
Notice that it doesn't say "WHEN" anyone does sin...
It says "if"...
Which indicates that sin is not inevitable in the life of a born again Christian.
As a matter of fact, the doctrine of the inevitability of sin is a heresy and false doctrine.
If you can show me a person who doesn't sin - I'll give you a million dollars.

Sin also lives in your mind - the things you think about. I've never met a person who can honestly say that they NEVER have an impure thought or NEVER harbors any sort of malice towards anybody.

AND it lives on public forums like this one, when YOU blatantly LIE just like you did above regarding what Catholics "teach".
Of course he is not sinless (1 John 1:8)...while he can be made perfect (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv))

That's NOT what Heb. 10:14 is saying - you have perverted that verse.
Heb. 10:14
For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are BEING MADE HOLY.

You cannot be "perfect" is you are still being made holy. You would ALREADY BE completely holy.
In CONTEXT, this verse is talking about His Church, which IS perfect and the perfect path to salvation He has laid out.

As for the other verses you presented - I agree. Sin doesn't have control over us.
According to Rom. 7:14-35, it is our weakness in the flesh that allows it to come in.
The things that we do is to give diligence to make our calling and election sure...
And it's not ONLY Calvinists who believe in this Protestant perversion.
Our salvation is NOT possible without OUR cooperation with God's grace.

If that is what you are saying - then, WELCOME to Catholic theology . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yipes...semantics, dodgeball, namecalling...
"The way OF the World"...
:eek: