No Denomination named... Evidence Presented... You Decide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the same time, when those theses were posted, Luther was fully Catholic. He had not rejected Purgatory, indulgences, nor the power of the priests and pope to grant them. He was a long way from being a Protestant at that time. He was simply addressing the abuses of that whole system, not the falsity and unbiblical teaching and practice.

Agreed. He had to start somewhere. For many years, I was under the impression that his 95 Theses contained criticisms of a wide range of Catholic practices: praying to the "Mother of God" and dead Saints, Purgatory, infant baptism, the legitimacy of the Pope and his power, the belief that the elements of Communion actually turn into Christ's flesh and blood, etc. When I read it, I was somewhat disappointed that none of these practices were in there.
Corruption happens over time as we have seen in our own USA government, that began with great leaders who were godly men. As time passed, greed, lies and all sorts of corruption grew. Now America is almost ruined. The President and most of Congress are a bunch of evil dirty rags, out for their own personal gain and promoting this One World Government.
Just today I was listening to an expert economist state that Biden signed ( actually in March 2022), an executive order paving the way to convert our dollars into a digital currency. This act will transfer 40 trillion in assets of 90% to the top 1%.
The Federal Reserve has been behind manipulating the economy for their own gain and has transfered Middle Class wealth to the rich for decades. This year, we may see this biggest shift in wealth happen - not just here, but in hundreds of countries. Can you afford Bitcoin? I can't, not even one.
I think the errors of the Catholic Church are far less detrimental than this NWO is. These guys are evil workers for Satan. I don't think that of the Catholic Clergy today. No, they are for Christ, not against Him. I just think a lot of their praying is empty unless it is the Lord's prayer or a prayer addressed directly to the Father or the Son. All these other traditions/motions not in the Bible ( the 66 books that is), go out void. It's not like it invalidates their faith in Christ. Our sins are paid for - past, present and future. If they aren't, then I hope there is a Purgatory, because we would all need to go there.
Practicing evil, lies, deceptions for personal gain is not Christian. We must keep in mind that Satan sends his evil reprobates/tares into the fold to corrupt the Body. He even messes with us to cause us to stumble and go off the path.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luther's 95 Theses was mostly criticizing the Clergy in the Catholic Church for indulgences, in essence tickets to heaven, and over stepping their power and influence. I never picked up on and the Reformers viewed Catholic Church as antichrists or the Pope as an apostate as Covenantee stated. They certainly needed corrections. And soon, because of the Reformers and split from the Church, they stopped those practices. Why, they were guilty. But who said the clergy at that time were against Christ??? The division came because Chrustuans wanted to freely worship God and live by what the Bible said, and not be controlled by the Pope. Too much power and influence for one person to have. Popes weren't vicars of Christ, no one is. We are all priests and ambassadors on different spiritual levels.
Anyways, it is just like changing churches as we do if we don't like that Pastor or disagree with the doctrines taught. The Pilgrams came to the New World to worship freely but Catholics came too.
Forgiveness is key. Hate, anger and animosity can work in the soul like a disease and take away your grace, love,, peace, mercy and joy in the Lord.
One of my many objections to the Roman Church at the age of 13 was the practice of calling priests fathers and the Pope Holy Father. I'd already read the Bible once and still having a carnal mind, didn't understand the theology, but was offended by what I perceived as the hypocrisy of the priesthood and nuns. It was clear that many practices were in direct opposition to scripture. The biblical prohibition against images of God is broken in every Catholic church I ever stepped into and thats Transgression of the commandment. The only images on display in the Baptist churches I attended were of an empty cross.
As a child, I was only capable of forming a literal interpretation of scripture ( not having received His Spirit) and was not inclined to make things up to fit a cultic theology, because the only theology I knew was taught in my RCC catechism classes.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. But the Reformers who subscribed to Reformed Theology actually invented "another gospel" -- Calvinism.
I don't know enough about Calvinism to agree or disagree, but I've been labeled a Calvinist for believing what scripture say, including those verses that give God full responsibility for our salvation.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, the reformers didn't invent the gospel. Martin Luther found understanding while reading a passage from Romans. Anyone capable of reading and desiring to understand scripture could've done the same and some still do.
I was raised Catholic, abandoned that religion at the age of 13, and believed the gospel at 39. I eventually was baptized as an adult in a community Baptist church, and eventually became a member at another. In these Baptist Churches as well as others that I attended, the congregations were nearly 50% former Catholic. If the pope were Antichrist, wouldn't I and all those hundreds, if not thousands of former Catholics in New Jersey still be Catholic?
The papacy was an antichrist.

One of the many existing since the time of John in 1 John 2:18.

None of them extinguished the truth of God.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At the same time, when those theses were posted, Luther was fully Catholic. He had not rejected Purgatory, indulgences, nor the power of the priests and pope to grant them. He was a long way from being a Protestant at that time. He was simply addressing the abuses of that whole system, not the falsity and unbiblical teaching and practice.
God continued to open his eyes throughout the time of the Reformation.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True. But the Reformers who subscribed to Reformed Theology actually invented "another gospel" -- Calvinism.
As did the Darbyites two centuries later who invented "another gospel" -- dispensationalism.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The papacy was an antichrist.

One of the many existing since the time of John in 1 John 2:18.

None of them extinguished the truth of God.
In principle maybe (some Popes were unbelievers and entirely political, but others fully accepted the person of Christ as God incarnate), but not the Antichrist called the Son of perdition. Judas was an example of that one, having been called that by the Lord. My point is that if the mark of the beast were in some way part of Catholicism, then no Catholic would ever receive the gospel, repent, and become a servant of God. That would break scripture and invalidate its authority.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In principle maybe (some Popes were unbelievers and entirely political, but others fully accepted the person of Christ as God incarnate), but not the Antichrist called the Son of perdition. Judas was an example of that one, having been called that by the Lord. My point is that if the mark of the beast were in some way part of Catholicism, then no Catholic would ever receive the gospel, repent, and become a servant of God. That would break scripture and invalidate its authority.
Antichrist describing the apostasized papal hierarchy and system in no way precludes the grace of God from reaching sincere seekers within that church.

There are many Catholics who are true believers. They are true believers in spite of the system, not because of it.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. He had to start somewhere. For many years, I was under the impression that his 95 Theses contained criticisms of a wide range of Catholic practices: praying to the "Mother of God" and dead Saints, Purgatory, infant baptism, the legitimacy of the Pope and his power, the belief that the elements of Communion actually turn into Christ's flesh and blood, etc. When I read it, I was somewhat disappointed that none of these practices were in there.
Corruption happens over time as we have seen in our own USA government, that began with great leaders who were godly men. As time passed, greed, lies and all sorts of corruption grew. Now America is almost ruined. The President and most of Congress are a bunch of evil dirty rags, out forbthwir own personal gain and promoting this One World Government.
Just today I was listening to an expert economist state that Biden is signing a executive order to convert our dollars into a digital currency. This act will transfer 40 trillion in assets of 90% to the top 1%.
The Federal Reserve has been behind manipulating the economy for their own gain and has transfered Middle Class wealth to the rich for decades. This year, we will see this biggest shift in wealth happen - not just here, but in hundreds of countries. Can you afford Bitcoin? I can't, not even one.
I think the errs of the Catholic Church are far less detrimental than this NWO is. These guys are evil workers for Satan. I don't think that of the Catholic Clergy today. No, they are for Christ, not against Him. I just think a lot of their praying is empty unless it is the Lord's prayer or a prayer addressed directly to the Father or the Son. All these other motions notbin the Bible ( the 66 books that is), go out void. It's not like it invalidates their faith in Christ. Our sins are paid for, past present and future. If they aren't, then I hope there is a Purgatory ,cause we would all need to go their.
Practicing evil, lies, deceptions for personal gain is not Christian. We must keep in mind that Satan sends his evil reprobates, tares into the fold to corrupt the Body. He even messes with us to cause us to stumble and go off the path.
Our government was, for all intents and purposes, a creation of Free Masonry in an attempt to establish a utopian society of free men. That's what the Masonic ideology is about, brotherhood and freedom. The utopian society is one of their prophesies and the goal they work toward. It's the carnal counterfeit of Christ's kingdom (and yes, acknowledgement that Christ is only symbolic by spitting on a crucifix has been a ritual test for advancement.)
This is the New World Order that inspired the pyramid symbol topped by the eye of Horus on US currency.
The "all seeing" eye of God is not biblical. The only biblical references to God's eyes are not singular. Even the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world is covered in many eyes. Belief in a resurrection is a membership requirement for the order, but that's based upon their own resurrection myth surrounding a builder of Solomon's temple.
As the Democratic party leadership is attempting to convert the globe to democracy (self determination) they are effectively building the kingdom of the Antichrist through worldwide rebellion, and all while trying to create their ideal society (which they ultimately govern by their great wisdom and knowledge.)
Their influence is so pervasive in the Reformation that entire denominations have submitted to their concept that men are building Christ's kingdom on Earth and that this is it.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antichrist describing the apostasized papal hierarchy and system in no way precludes the grace of God from reaching sincere seekers within that church.

There are many Catholics who are true believers. They are true believers in spite of the system, not because of it.
Yes, but those who receive the "mark" stand condemned and nothing in scripture suggests that they can be delivered. On the contrary, all are cast into the lake of burning fire.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, but those who receive the "mark" stand condemned and nothing in scripture suggests that they can be delivered. On the contrary, all are cast into the lake of burning fire.
2 Timothy 2:19a
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
calling priests fathers and the Pope Holy Father.
“And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.” Matt. 23:9
Yet several scriptures address our parents, fathers etc. I always called mine, Dad.
I wonder where they got that? I guess traditionally, they thought they were spiritual fathers, especially if their Dad's did not guide or lead them as they should. I suppose in certain situations as with orphans, Catholic churches sent out missionaries and priests to start orphanages and so they wanted them to feel as if they did have loving parents, to fill that void. Maybe that is how it started?

The biblical prohibition against images of God is broken in every Catholic church
I hear this all the time. The Bible specifically says not to make any images N of anything in heaven or on earth AND bow down and worship it. Art in the form of sculptures and paintings of angels, Christ, even animals are okay as long as you don't bow down and worship them.
Akianne Kramaik was given a gift by God to paint heavenly visons given to her of angels and Jesus Himself. She is a prodigy and started receiving these visions at 4 years old
AND at 8 years old, painted Jesus.

Prince-of-Peace-hi-res~2.jpg

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As did the Darbyites two centuries later who invented "another gospel" -- dispensationalism.
This remark shows that you know little or nothing about Dispensationalism, but love all the anti-Darby propaganda.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This remark shows that you know little or nothing about Dispensationalism, but love all the anti-Darby propaganda.
John Nelson Darby would be shocked and saddened to hear you deny him as the father of dispensationalism.