No Kisses among the brethren today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
about which Paul writes? For Moses to see His face was death, but Jesus brought possibilities not available to Moses.

Give God the glory!
If anyone seeking God listens to Moses and or listens to Paul , faithful and true,
they will listen to Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even after a vision (remember Balaam and all those who fall in the error of Balaam)
many continue on the path of destruction.
Those who embrace the false gospel with many false teachings and false doctrines that are designed to deceive
are not at all in Christ Jesus.
I am not speaking about single visions or dreams any one person may have. I am speaking about what any true believer is seeing of God and the things of God. Remember what Solomon wrote:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:.." Prov 29:18

Apostle Paul clarifies the same thing for a thousand years later:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known" I Cor 13:12

Jesus demonstrated that our vision, our eyes to see, may be improved:

"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly." Mark 8:23-25

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not speaking about single visions or dreams any one person may have. I am speaking about what any true believer is seeing of God and the things of God.

Yet even in Jerusalem, after Pentecost, there were many who saw, and denied.

Visions and dreams do not make something salvation (or even towards being saved),
as
there are many many multitudes deceived , even with or by and having visions apparitions or dreams.

When you qualify with "any true believer", that eliminates most all the world.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet even in Jerusalem, after Pentecost, there were many who saw, and denied.

Visions and dreams do not make something salvation (or even towards being saved),
as
there are many many multitudes deceived , even with or by and having visions apparitions or dreams.

When you qualify with "any true believer", that eliminates most all the world.
Communication is always a problem, is it not? Any true believer has a vision of the things of God. Some people will have what they call a vision, but as you indicate, they don't know God at all.

Most people around us on planet Earth, even though walking around with physical eyes open are dead. They don't see God at all.

The clarity of a vision is from and of God may also vary according to a person's walk with God... whether he is young in the Lord, whether is a little toward the lukewarm, etc.? Without a vision a person will never be saved. But having a vision at the moment does not guarantee that at the end of a person's course he will be saved either. Again don't confuse this general vision with a single vision or dream that God may give to a person. Not every believer will have such visions or dreams, but many do.

Reactions: mjrhealth

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are many things in scripture which would might help someone understand better about hearing from the Holy Spirit directly. Perhaps the story of Elijah Not hearing from God in the wind, or the earthquake, or the fire... but hearing it rather in a "still small voice" is one of the best ones. [from I Kings 19:11-12]. God certainly can and does speak to people in any one of those elements and others, but too many people are simply not really listening or their hearing is simply too dull:

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:15

When people say they have never heard from the Holy Spirit I try to avoid saying the obvious which is they are not listening because they get so upset if I do say that.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people say they have never heard from the Holy Spirit I try to avoid saying the obvious which is they are not listening because they get so upset if I do say that.
Just off the top on this...
Sometimes I believe that people are hearing, but they are expecting it to come to them in some different way and effectively deny they really have been hearing from God. They do that too much and after a while, they will deny that they heard anything at all. His sheep are hearing and knowing His voice. If they deny that they have heard then they cannot be His sheep with all that that might mean. The difference between a sheep and a goat?

Of course there are some who really have never heard. They have a different kind of a problem, but God can deal with them as well if they ever really open their hearts to Him.

Reactions: marksman

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yet can you name five people in person who have told you directly that they do hear the voice of Jesus ?