No Kisses among the brethren today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me guess, you're a Joe Biden supporter?
No, I am a Jesus supporter! I will follow Jesus wherever He leads me.

"And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who [is this Biden]?" Acts 49:15

Reactions: Joseph77

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you brought up 'diseases', do you think the diseases are most dangerous,
or
the deceptions about them are more dangerous ?

In some groups, even during the black plague, the plague did not visit their communities/ houses, as shown throughout history of other 'diseases' also -
so
if people were not deceived, were not living wrong, they too would not be in danger of 'diseases', right? As written throughout Scripture (most important truth) ....

Well there is MRSA ( a terrible curse), and that is spread thru touching and hugging, Herpes (that can lead to chronic complications perhaps) thru kissing and sharing drinks, etc. I still hug family and some friends as is appropriate. Plagues are real though, sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well me have MRSA, and that is spread thru touching and hugging, Herpes thru kissing and sharing drinks, etc. I still hug family and some friends as is appropriate. Plagues are real though, sure.
Yes, those diseases are real , and they affect everyone badly who does not know what to do about them.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Devin Wintch
No, I am a Jesus supporter! I will follow Jesus wherever He leads me.
"And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who [is this Biden]?" Acts 49:15
see? Not at all related to Biden ! HALLELUYAH ! GOD IS GREAT !

but who is Biden ?

Associating a believer with someone unknown could be bearing a false tale....... (tail?) .... no, it's tale,

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word Says What ?
Even IF an APOSTLE, or an "angel of light", brings any message, DO NOT ACCEPT IT, until proven truth in line with the message (Scripture) already delivered once for all, according to God's Own Plan and Purpose.

So, does God's Word mean to leave it alone , or to test it BEFORE accepting it (anything, any message, from anyone).

Even the spirits are always to be tested - as the enemy spirits are far more frequent 'visiting' people , this is important, don't you think so too ?
I cannot speak for you my friend, but God speaks to my heart and has written portions of His Word in my heart. I refer to and use my Bible all of the time, whenever I can, but my heart is not empty of His Word as long as I do not quench the Holy Spirit within me.

The man you doubt without ever meeting him was serving God probably before any of us were born to our natural mothers. He received the baptism of the Holy Ghost at a camp meeting in Kentucky in 1936. He served God along his help meet for 66 years until her passing from natural life in 2012. With no natural children he has continued to walk with God from day to day. Now at age 95 God is not finished with him yet!

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1, 7

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well me have MRSA ( a terrible curse), and that is spread thru touching and hugging, Herpes (that can lead to chronic complications perhaps) thru kissing and sharing drinks, etc. I still hug family and some friends as is appropriate. Plagues are real though, sure.
Even so!

Some people may not worry about getting sick, but whether that is due to their faith in God or some other reason, we need to be considerate of where they are. Jesus lived a certain way as a man of flesh, which gives us an ideal, but none of us are Jesus. We may indeed want to be like him, but we cannot and should not be pushing others to stand where we are standing... or even to walk where we are walking just because we believe we are right. Everyone, including our worst enemies, believes they are right!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so!

Some people may not worry about getting sick, but whether that is due to their faith in God or some other reason, we need to be considerate of where they are. Jesus lived a certain way as a man of flesh, which gives us an ideal, but none of us are Jesus. We may indeed want to be like him, but we cannot and should not be pushing others to stand where we are standing... or even to walk where we are walking just because we believe we are right. Everyone, including our worst enemies, believes they are right!

Sure if both parties agree on it. Then who am I to judge. But I have to say, that I have been informed that sometimes people get hugged that don't want to be hugged, and probably the same goes with kissing on the cheek.

It does happen with hugging and kissing customs, Here's an example of that:

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well he heard something, ok. But to label that Yah is i think a bit presumptious?
Who is able to hear His voice? When you speak to me would it be presumptuous for me to say," That's bbyrd009!"

You and others may say, "But with God it is not the same." No it certainly is not, but should we deny him speaking to our hearts as the Scribes and Pharisees denied who Jesus was because they could only see his flesh? Does it come back then to whether we are His sheep or not? We do live by faith, do we not?

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:3-5

"Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith." Habakkuk 2:4

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." Heb 10:38

i mean a hearty handshake might convey most of the intent tho, sure...but then i would have to question what we might have lost if that is the default
and i am not ezackly a literal reader lol, pretty much the opposite

Agreed sincerely! "... if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him..."

I am not condemning a man, a brother, who will not embrace actually kiss a brother, but we need to know why we will if not if we will not.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure if both parties agree on it. Then who am I to judge. But I have to say, that I have been informed that sometimes people get hugged that don't want to be hugged, and probably the same goes with kissing on the cheek.

It does happen with hugging and kissing customs,

As I believe I said, we may believe what we will... and people certainly do... but God does not twist arms and neither should we.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do miss my dogs. When we moved from our home to an apartment a few years ago, the dogs went to a dear sister in another state who loves and cares for her severely disabled husband and close to a 100 animals out on their small farm. She takes better care of them than I ever could. I used to kiss those dogs as well (no tongues) . My wife was not jealous.

LoL. Having an understanding woman is very important in life : )

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to thank God for my signature line.
Mike at some point probably years ago I changed my profile on this forum so that "signature lines" do not show up for me. I don't how to change it back even temporarily. Would you mind posting your signature line here so I might have an idea of what you mean? Thanks!

I just would never have dreamed that 'the other side of the pond' felt as is apparent from the posts.
I might make one heck of an ass of myself if I were to cross 'the pond'.
The pond, that bit of water men call the Atlantic Ocean, is smaller in a sense than it has ever been, but in another sense it remains a great divide between people... Must it be so?

Consider this bit of water that does not seem to divide any overcomers at all. With respect to the water of the river, where would we find the tree of life?

"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev 22:2

Where did this 'ass' dwell?

"And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.
But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.
And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.
And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.
And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.
And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face." Numb. 22:23-31

From your side or from my side, did not the ass speak wisdom?

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mike at some point probably years ago I changed my profile on this forum so that "signature lines" do not show up for me. I don't how to change it back even temporarily. Would you mind posting your signature line here so I might have an idea of what you mean? Thanks!

No creed but Christ, written on the fleshy tables of my heart by the power of the Holy Spirit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I believe I said, we may believe what we will... and people certainly do... but God does not twist arms and neither should we.

God does not twist arms and force people? Well on that we disagree, we have laws in the united states to protect the freedoms and rights of people, I don't think in my state it would be lawful right now to cheek kiss people with the COVID-19 laws in place, you have to wear a mask in public and have to stay 6 feet apart if not wearing a mask while outside. And that is to protect lives Apparently. But sure God does twist arms of criminals, as in the case of thieves and murders. As he has put powers in place to protect the rights of others. Romans 13:1. I may not like some of the laws right now, but I still obey or my arm may be twisted by God in a way, anyways, I think the abandoning of cheek kissing is wise as far as spreading disease and the United States better off for not doing it. Thanks for your time, and no offense intended ;)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You and others may say, "But with God it is not the same." No it certainly is not, but should we deny him speaking to our hearts as the Scribes and Pharisees denied who Jesus was because they could only see his flesh?
no, but with you then, being evil suggests to me that i am not qualified to determine if suggestions in my head are satan or Yah? Or just me, my super-ego? It just strikes me as presumptious to say "God told me..." although i would not deny that Yah might have been the one told him, either
satan appears as an angel of light

and i have to give some weight to the appearances there myself.

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mike at some point probably years ago I changed my profile on this forum so that "signature lines" do not show up for me. I don't how to change it back even temporarily.

place your cursor on your name when you log in (top right)
scroll down and click on 'preferences'
scroll down and make sure there's a tick against " Show people's signatures with their messages"

That should do the trick.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not twist arms and force people? Well on that we disagree, we have laws in the united states to protect the freedoms and rights of people, I don't think in my state it would be lawful right now to cheek kiss people with the COVID-19 laws in place, you have to wear a mask in public and have to stay 6 feet apart if not wearing a mask while outside. And that is to protect lives Apparently. But sure God does twist arms of criminals, as in the case of thieves and murders. As he has put powers in place to protect the rights of others. Romans 13:1. I may not like some of the laws right now, but I still obey or my arm may be twisted by God in a way, anyways, I think the abandoning of cheek kissing is wise as far as spreading disease and the United States better off for not doing it. Thanks for your time, and no offense intended ;)
What I believe that God allows without interference for a time is to choose Him or to choose mammon. The time allowed is our allotted time as a man of flesh until there is no more time for us. Once we have finished our course no more choices then. Then it is too late.

All of us have had effectively the same choices that Adam and Eve had in the Garden of Eden:

1) God's Way
2) Or our own way.

God gave us those choices and during the time given to us God is bound by His own Word. God can and will help us, but we can stop Him, that is we can limit God because of the dominion He gave to us... When we choose to go our own way,
instead of the better Way He has always provided, the cost of the choice may be high indeed:

"And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen 2:16-17

They chose to disobey God as was allowed and the price for them was death as well as death for all of their offspring. Jesus was sent that we might have the possibility again of Life, but again we have to choose it. Is it surprising that so few ultimately choose Life rather than to remain in the death which was already theirs?

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Luke 16:13

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009
Amadeus said:
You and others may say, "But with God it is not the same." No it certainly is not, but should we deny him speaking to our hearts as the Scribes and Pharisees denied who Jesus was because they could only see his flesh?
bbyrd009 said:
no, but with you then, being evil suggests to me that i am not qualified to determine if suggestions in my head are satan or Yah? Or just me, my super-ego? It just strikes me as presumptious to say "God told me..." although i would not deny that Yah might have been the one told him, either
satan appears as an angel of light

and i have to give some weight to the appearances there myself.
None of us are in our flesh alone qualified to make the determination... but what does it mean to be "in the Spirit" and to be "led by the Spirit"? Delusions are available from God to those who do not love Truth. How do we keep ourselves from such delusions and in the place of loving Truth? I know what works for me, but I cannot speak for you or for anyone else. For me it is always returning to that "lowest room" and then one more time "seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness". So each day, sometimes more frequently than that, I return to that lowest room and start all over again.

So then who among us are His sheep and are hearing and obeying His Voice? Some have decided they have found that place of AT [Absolute Truth] and never leave it. I hope for their sake God respects that and that they do all that is required to keep His respect on that point. I doubt that most, [if any?], can do that, but I can only live for God myself... and even in that I need help. Being again "in the Spirit" and "led by the Spirit" is the Way to walk without any delusions, but as you have certainly seen there are people who will not accept or even seriously consider such things or they do but are unable to understand what it is that they are doing and/or are unable to explain to others.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
place your cursor on your name when you log in (top right)
scroll down and click on 'preferences'
scroll down and make sure there's a tick against " Show people's signatures with their messages"

That should do the trick.
Thanks Mike! It worked perfectly. I have tried different things a couple of times before without success. I remember that some of them were quite long and cluttered up the post I was trying to read. That is why I cut them out in the first place. I simply forgot how I did it. The option to open it up when I want to read one. I can always cut them off again if I see the need.