No More Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is not the First Resurrection then He is not the Resurrection at all = HE cannot be separated from who HE IS.

There is no such thing as a "first resurrection" apart from JESUS

Of course but the bible does not call him "the first resurrection". That is man made. The first resurrection is a name for the first of two groups of the dead that are raised back to life physically in Rev 20.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Earburner @rwb

DEATH is ONLY swallowed UP in Christ, at His Second Coming, and ONLY in the First Resurrection.

A.) But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep

B.) For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

C.) Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

D.) So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

ONLY those in Christ are delivered from DEATH

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course but the bible does not call him "the first resurrection". That is man made. The first resurrection is a name for the first of two groups of the dead that are raised back to life physically in Rev 20.
Holy Spirit spoken beginning in Genesis.

God speaks literally, symbolically, allegorically, poetically and in mysteries.

No one is adding to God's words when we say Christ is the First Resurrection, just as Christ is the Firstfruits - Plural.

But we are taking away from His words when we try and separate Christ from the First Resurrection.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a First Resurrection apart from Christ = IMPOSSIBLE

We ONLY add to God's words when we say ="the resurrection is past and has already occurred" = 2 Tim 2:18

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The subject surrounded interpretation of Revelation 20:4-6 (First Resurrection) and reformed eschatology falsely teaches this is partaking in the resurrection of Jesus in 33AD

The interpretation is found in the fact there are two resurrection on the last day, and the righteous will be the "First" to be resurrected
Ok, then maybe you will see what I am saying through the following about the first resurrection, who is Jesus, THE resurrection Himself, saying: "I AM THE resurrection".
I will present an interpretation in two parts, about the two resurrections, whereby "the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Rev. 20:5

PART 1 of 2:
Rev. 7:1-8 took place "spiritually" for Israel of the OC., soon after Jesus ascended.
Rev. 7:9-17 took place "spiritually" on the day of Pentecost, for all who are living, and who shall come in future generations, and is still on going to this very day. Rev. 3:20.

Please notice that EXCEPT for Jesus, NO ONE has been bodily resurrected as of yet!!
He Himself who IS THE resurrection, was legitimately so, by being the firstborn from the dead, into the NEW Life of His immortality BY the Spirit of God.

Now, as I go on into PART 2, please take all of the above, and bring it with you into Rev. 20.
2B Cont'd......

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ Cont'd- Part 2 of 2

PART 2:
"The rest of the dead".
The following is an [interpretation], according to the directive of Paul, as shown in 1 Cor. 2[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Rev. 20
[1] And I saw an angel [symbolism for Jesus] come down from heaven, having the key [authority] of the bottomless pit [this earth, being the endless grave of satan] and a great chain [symbolism for darkness- 2 Peter 2:4] in his hand.

[2] And he [Jesus] laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan [by Jesus' death and resurrection], and bound him [Jesus being "stronger" than satan, "the strong man"- Luke 11:20-22], a thousand years [the figurative Age of God's Grace]
[3] And cast him [out of Heaven] into the bottomless pit [the earth, his place of endless death], and shut him up, and set a seal upon him [restrained him from entering into "everyone" and/or all "heavenly places" that is God's domain Eph. 2:6], that he should deceive the nations [saved of the nations- Rev. 21:24-26] no more, till the thousand years [figurative Age of God's Grace] should be fulfilled [when no more people come to repentance]: and after that he must be loosed a little season, ["a falling away" from faith, caused by "the mark of the beast" will then take place, bringing about the final separation of "the sheep from the goats", when God ends His Age of Grace. Mat. 25:32, 2 Cor. 6:17]

[4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them [Eph. 2:6], and judgment [for eternal life or eternal death- John 3:16-18] was given unto them [the Great Commission].
[Aka, "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."- Mat. 23:39],
and
I saw the souls of them that were
1. beheaded [symbolic of persecution] for the witness of Jesus [in the Early church age], and
2. [beheaded] [symbolic of persecution] for the word of God [in the Reformation church age], and
3. [beheaded] [symbolic of persecution] which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands [in the End time church age]; and they [all] lived and reigned with Christ [during their lifetimes of mortality] a thousand years [symbolism for the Age of God's Grace].

[5] But the rest of the dead [who were not of the Age of God's Grace**] lived not again until the thousand years [the Age of God's Grace] were finished.
This is the first resurrection.

[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection [who is Christ]: on such the second death hath no power [John 3:3-8, 11:26], but they shall be priests [ambassadors- 2 Cor. 5:20] of God and of Christ, and [during their lifetimes] shall reign with him a thousand years [during the Age of God's Grace].

** Note: "the rest of the dead", are all the saints who were of the Old Covenant, but HAD NOT yet received the "the promise" of the permanent indwelling of God's Holy Spirit, but did so on Pentecost. See Malachi 3:16.
In Rev. 6:9-11, you will see them of the OC, who were of God's Remembrance, being "under the altar" of the OC.
Each one were Given the permanent indwelling of God's Gift of His Holy Spirit, symbolized as "white robes".

NOW, as of yet STILL, NONE have been bodily resurrected into Glory,....except JESUS!
ALL are still only in the first stage of the FIRST resurrection, waiting for the immortality of Jesus, who we are now taking part of, while most have "fallen asleep in Jesus".

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ Cont'd- Part 2 of 2

PART 2:
"The rest of the dead".
The following is an [interpretation], according to the directive of Paul, as shown in 1 Cor. 2[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Rev. 20
[1] And I saw an angel [symbolism for Jesus] come down from heaven, having the key [authority] of the bottomless pit [this earth, being the endless grave of satan] and a great chain [symbolism for darkness- 2 Peter 2:4] in his hand.
[2] And he [Jesus] laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan [by Jesus' death and resurrection], and bound him [Jesus being "stronger" than satan, "the strong man"- Luke 11:20-22], a thousand years [the figurative Age of God's Grace]
[3] And cast him [out of Heaven] into the bottomless pit [the earth, his place of endless death], and shut him up, and set a seal upon him [restrained him from entering into "everyone" and/or all "heavenly places" that is God's domain Eph. 2:6], that he should deceive the nations [saved of the nations- Rev. 21:24-26] no more, till the thousand years [figurative Age of God's Grace] should be fulfilled [when no more people come to repentance]: and after that he must be loosed a little season, ["a falling away" from faith, caused by "the mark of the beast" will then take place, bringing about the final separation of "the sheep from the goats", when God ends His Age of Grace. Mat. 25:32, 2 Cor. 6:17]

[4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them [Eph. 2:6], and judgment [for eternal life or eternal death- John 3:16-18] was given unto them [the Great Commission].
[Aka, "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."- Mat. 23:39],
and
I saw the souls of them that were
1. beheaded [symbolic of persecution] for the witness of Jesus [in the Early church age], and
2. [beheaded] [symbolic of persecution] for the word of God [in the Reformation church age], and
3. [beheaded] [symbolic of persecution] which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands [in the End time church age]; and they [all] lived and reigned with Christ [during their lifetimes of mortality] a thousand years [symbolism for the Age of God's Grace].

[5] But the rest of the dead [who were not of the Age of God's Grace**] lived not again until the thousand years [the Age of God's Grace] were finished.
This is the first resurrection.

[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection [who is Christ]: on such the second death hath no power [John 3:3-8, 11:26], but they shall be priests [ambassadors- 2 Cor. 5:20] of God and of Christ, and [during their lifetimes] shall reign with him a thousand years [during the Age of God's Grace].

** Note: "the rest of the dead", are all the saints who were of the Old Covenant, but HAD NOT yet received the "the promise" of the permanent indwelling of God's Holy Spirit, but did so on Pentecost. See Malachi 3:16.
In Rev. 6:9-11, you will see them of the OC, who were of God's Remembrance, being "under the altar" of the OC.
Each one were Given the permanent indwelling of God's Gift of His Holy Spirit, symbolized as "white robes".
You said: "no more, till the thousand years [figurative Age of God's Grace] should be fulfilled [when no more people come to repentance]: and after that he must be loosed a little season, ["a falling away" from faith, caused by "the mark of the beast" will then take place, bringing about the final separation of "the sheep from the goats", when God ends His Age of Grace. Mat. 25:32, 2 Cor. 6:17]"

You just placed Holy Scripture in a Religion Blender and came out with a erroneous conclusion on one's own interpretation.

the "thousand years" are literal and not figuartive as you claim

the falling away, the Antichrist and the Mark of the Beast occur BEFORE the 1,000 Year period BEGINS

This is basic foundational TRUTH = without adding or taking away from God's words

Anyone who claims that satan is presently bound as in Rev 20:1-4 is denying God's words and causing division.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: "no more, till the thousand years [figurative Age of God's Grace] should be fulfilled [when no more people come to repentance]: and after that he must be loosed a little season, ["a falling away" from faith, caused by "the mark of the beast" will then take place, bringing about the final separation of "the sheep from the goats", when God ends His Age of Grace. Mat. 25:32, 2 Cor. 6:17]"

You just placed Holy Scripture in a Religion Blender and came out with a erroneous conclusion on one's own interpretation.

the falling away, the Antichrist and the Mark of the Beast occur BEFORE the 1,000 Year period BEGINS

This is basic foundational TRUTH = without adding or taking away from God's words

Anyone who claims that satan is presently bound as in Rev 20:1-4 is denying God's words and causing division.

Do not add to His words,
You have misconstrued my context. And therefore twisted what I said.

My context:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed the Scripture does call Christ the First Resurrection.

In the beginning was the WORD
the WORD was with GOD
the WORD was GOD = Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

the WORD became flesh = HE humbled Himself
JESUS = before Abraham IAM
JESUS = IAM the Resurrection and the LIFE

JESUS is the only begotten Son of God, HE became a Man, the FIRST Man to be Resurrected and His Body Transformed into Glorification
"But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the Firstfruits = of those who have fallen asleep"

CHRIST is the Firstfruits of the First Resurrection for HE is the FIRST Resurrection
"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven."

Without CHRIST there is no first resurrection and there are no firstfruits of men unto God.
"God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus."

Genesis = "Let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness."
Just as Eve came out of Adam so do we come out of Christ for HE is the FIRST Resurrection

"And the dead in Christ will rise first."

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was One like the Son of Man, dressed in a long robe, with a golden sash around His chest. The hair of His head was white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes were like a blazing fire. His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the roar of many waters.
He held in His right hand seven stars
, and a sharp double-edged sword came from His mouth.
His face was like the sun shining at its brightest.

PEACE my Brother
I am the first and the last . JESUS IS THE RESSURECTION . He was showing this to them at the raising of lazarous .
JESUS is the first and shall be even with the last . All who come To HIM shall have the ressurection of life .
He is the LIFE . And all shall live unto HIM . Believe ye in Christ JESUS , for all who deny him
shall surely taste death . I am the WAY , i am THE LIFE , THE TRUTH .
The ressurection of the dead unto the second death shall occur to all who denied HIM
but unto those who believed , though they die , YET SHALL THEY LIVE . HE has already tasted death and conquered HE
who had power over death , that is the devil . But unto all who deny HIM they were the sons of the devil
and as with the devil so too shall they find the second death at their end .
JESUS IS the RESSURECTION . HE IS the FIRST BORN from the dead . HE IS the FIRSTFRUITS unto GOD .
And now all who live unto HIM , shall NEVER TASTE OF DEATH . LET THE KING BE PRAISED
but woe to those who deny HIM for the second death awaits them all .
The dead shall go to the second death . But those who through faith in CHRIST by the grace of GOD
though they die yet shall they LIVE and though we were once dead we now live BY HIM unto GOD
and will never taste of death .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have misconstrued my context. And therefore twisted what I said.

My context:
i misconstured nothing

you just reposted, again, your own misconstruing of the words that came out of God's mouth.

EVIDENCE #1 = Rev 20:1-4
Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the Abyss, holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time.

EVIDENCE #2 = 2 Thess ch2

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

Satan is FREE to Roam the earth and deceive the nations until the Second Coming of Christ.

Evidence #3 = 1 Peter 5:8-9 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

Evidence #4 = Ephesians 6:10-13 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Escape the falsehood of Amillinialism and embrace the TRUTH with ALL of your heart, mind and soul.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do not add to His words,
Yes indeed . the mark of the beast , anti christ , false prophet ALL OCCURS before the thousand years .
At the coming of CHRIST both the beast and false prophet shall be cast alive into the lake of fire
and satan will be bound to decieve the nations no more .
NOTICE after the thousand years
it never mentions the FP or the beast , IT SIMPLY says SATAN was RELEASED
then notice what it says . FIRE Will come down and destroy them
And THEN satan will be cast into the LAKE OF FIRE , WHERE BOTH THE FP and BEAST ARE .
THEY NEVER GOT RELEASED . THEY were cast into BEFORE THE THOUSAND YEARS
WHILE satan was simply BOUND FOR THE THOUSAND YEARS TO NOT DECIEVE . FOLKS NEED to READ THEIR BIBLES indeed
and not be carried away with these doctrines of men . YES indeed my friend

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am the first and the last . JESUS IS THE RESSURECTION . He was showing this to them at the raising of lazarous .
JESUS is the first and shall be even with the last . All who come To HIM shall have the ressurection of life .
He is the LIFE . And all shall live unto HIM . Believe ye in Christ JESUS , for all who deny him
shall surely taste death . I am the WAY , i am THE LIFE , THE TRUTH .
The ressurection of the dead unto the second death shall occur to all who denied HIM
but unto those who believed , though they die , YET SHALL THEY LIVE . HE has already tasted death and conquered HE
who had power over death , that is the devil . But unto all who deny HIM they were the sons of the devil
and as with the devil so too shall they find the second death at their end .
JESUS IS the RESSURECTION . HE IS the FIRST BORN from the dead . HE IS the FIRSTFRUITS unto GOD .
And now all who live unto HIM , shall NEVER TASTE OF DEATH . LET THE KING BE PRAISED
but woe to those who deny HIM for the second death awaits them all .
The dead shall go to the second death . But those who through faith in CHRIST by the grace of GOD
though they die yet shall they LIVE and though we were once dead we now live BY HIM unto GOD
and will never taste of death .
i am so glad you opened your post with JESUS saying "IAM the First and the Last"

HalleluYAH

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am so glad you opened your post with JESUS saying "IAM the First and the Last"

HalleluYAH
David , i was no prophets son , nor did i ever sit under a scholar one .
By the grace o GOD he simply put me into the bible to read and learn for myself .
MEN have decieved the peoples . There are so many teachings that ought to be thrown away .
And yet all i ever hear from folks is , WELL YOU NEED TO SIT UNDER our scholar and our pastor
so HE can explain to you what you lack .
NO THANKS . WHY would i sit under men who would teach me doctrine that fits THEIR OWN TEACHING
and JUSTIFIES their own DOCTRINE . cause this is all they do .
THE BIBLE aint some book that only scholars can grasp and how dare one read it for themselves
without A SCHOLAR or some great wise teacher to guide them
THE HOLY SPIRIT is my guide . And THUS far HE has kept me safe .
SAFE from the deceptions of men . IF you ever watch these so called wise men
they will always say things like , WELL babes cannot learn the bible for themselves
THEY NEED our guidance . NOTHING new under the SUN my friend .
THERE is no doubt i do not KNOW ALL . BUT by grace i have always known WHEN ERROR was present
and by grace GOD kept me in ONE BOOK . THE BIBLE my friend .
We got a madhouse these days . ROME was the first major religoin within CHRSITANITY .
to try and seduce folks into believing the bible could not be truly understood lest THEIR LEADERS and scholars
TAUGHT IT . AND the pattern has well infiltrated into many other places .
BUT i am telling us all , ITS NOT TRUE . NOT ONE BIT OF IT IS TRUE .
THOSE who LOVE GOD , GOD IS GONNA LEAD THEM AND GUIDE THEM INTO THE TRUTH .
Any man , MYSELF included , who ever stands and says YOU CANNOT KNOW THE BIBLE
lest WE SHOW YOU , YOU RUN FROM THAT PERSON and NEVER LOOK BACK .
READ IT , GOD IS WITH the lambs . HE IS WITH the lambs . HE will surely GUIDE US INTO TRUTH .
I am not against the idea of teachers or leaders in the church . BUT when they come along
and decieve and try and say things like someone cannot grasp the scriptures without THEIR HELP , RUN . RUN AND NEVER LOOK
back .

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"To the Victor, go the spoils"
You are misunderstanding HOW satan was bound, and from whom he was bound from.
Please read all the following scriptures in conjunction together:

Mat. 12
28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Mark 3
[26] And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
[27] No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Luke 11
[21] When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
[22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

We, who are Born Again, were once the "goods" of satan, but now are the "spoils" in Jesus' victory over satan and death!

• Love
Reactions: rwb and David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David , i was no prophets son , nor did i ever sit under a scholar one .
By the grace o GOD he simply put me into the bible to read and learn for myself .
MEN have decieved the peoples . There are so many teachings that ought to be thrown away .
And yet all i ever hear from folks is , WELL YOU NEED TO SIT UNDER our scholar and our pastor
so HE can explain to you what you lack .
NO THANKS . WHY would i sit under men who would teach me doctrine that fits THEIR OWN TEACHING
and JUSTIFIES their own DOCTRINE . cause this is all they do .
THE BIBLE aint some book that only scholars can grasp and how dare one read it for themselves
without A SCHOLAR or some great wise teacher to guide them
THE HOLY SPIRIT is my guide . And THUS far HE has kept me safe .
SAFE from the deceptions of men . IF you ever watch these so called wise men
they will always say things like , WELL babes cannot learn the bible for themselves
THEY NEED our guidance . NOTHING new under the SUN my friend .
THERE is no doubt i do not KNOW ALL . BUT by grace i have always known WHEN ERROR was present
and by grace GOD kept me in ONE BOOK . THE BIBLE my friend .
We got a madhouse these days . ROME was the first major religoin within CHRSITANITY .
to try and seduce folks into believing the bible could not be truly understood lest THEIR LEADERS and scholars
TAUGHT IT . AND the pattern has well infiltrated into many other places .
BUT i am telling us all , ITS NOT TRUE . NOT ONE BIT OF IT IS TRUE .
THOSE who LOVE GOD , GOD IS GONNA LEAD THEM AND GUIDE THEM INTO THE TRUTH .
Any man , MYSELF included , who ever stands and says YOU CANNOT KNOW THE BIBLE
lest WE SHOW YOU , YOU RUN FROM THAT PERSON and NEVER LOOK BACK .
READ IT , GOD IS WITH the lambs . HE IS WITH the lambs . HE will surely GUIDE US INTO TRUTH .
I am not against the idea of teachers or leaders in the church . BUT when they come along
and decieve and try and say things like someone cannot grasp the scriptures without THEIR HELP , RUN . RUN AND NEVER LOOK
back .
and few there be that know and love this

i received the free Gift of Salvation when God called me to His Son and later i was Baptized in the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit did for me as HE did for you = on my knees praying and reading and praying and studying while i worshipped Him.

"But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth."

For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence. But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

Last edited:
  • Love

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"To the Victor, go the spoils"
You are misunderstanding HOW satan was bound, and from whom he was bound from.
Please read all the following scriptures in conjunction together:

Mat. 12
28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Mark 3
[26] And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
[27] No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Luke 11
[21] When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
[22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

We, who are Born Agsin, were once the "goods" of satan, but now are the "spoils" in Jesus' victory over satan and death!
AMEN - AMEN - AMEN

This does not place satan in prison and shut up with a seal = BUT = it does set us FREE from satan and to be placed in Christ.

Are all christians FREE from satan's power to tempt and deceive = NO

How then do christians remain FREE from satan's power to deceive = CHRIST/TRUTH/HOLY SPIRIT/FAITH/Obedience to God

They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. - John ch17

How then are christians still manipulated by satan???

Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?
You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.
You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?

But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (satan is not in prison yet)
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and few there be that know and love this

i received the free Gift of Salvation when God called me to His Son and later i was Baptized in the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit did for me as HE did for you = on my knees praying and reading and praying and studying while i worshipped Him.

"But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth."

For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence. But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”
Folks would call you a liar david . They would say the instant you came to GOD you were BAPTIZED in the HOLY SPIRIT .
But through the scrips and my own experience i can tell you this is not always the case .
NOW , IT IS TRUE THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS THE ONE WHO GUIDES US and led US TO FAITH IN CHRIST .
BUT there is a baptism of the HOLY GHOST . I was baptized in the HOLY GHOST
about three months after the SPIRIT had DRAWN ME TO FAITH IN CHRIST .
The SPIRIT began a work on me . IT led me on day ONE to believe on CHRIST
but then began to teach me WHO CHRIST WAS and to break me down .
AND BROKE ME DOWN IT DID MY FRIEND . The more i read the bible the more joy i had
and man He had me hours in it daily . UP to eight hours a day at times .
And by grace , HE has had me in it TO THIS DAY hours DAILY .
BUT what occured is , THOUGH my JOY IN HIM INCREASED
my awareness of the DIRE NEED of HIM INCREASED .
I came to the point where i realized THERE AINT ONE THING GOOD IN ME , BUT HIS SPIRIT .
I SAW EVIL as i never seen it before . EXCEEDING EVIL . AND I SAW IT IN MY OWN FLESH .
ANd one night i was literallly dragging myself on the ground , pleading for the LORD
to save me . FROM MY OWN SELF . YOU heard that RIGHT . FROM MY OWN FLESH .
I SAW THE MONSTER . It was not found in another man
it was found in my own flesh . IN other words i became so aware of SIN , SO aware of how evil it is
AND SO aware of how its present within my flesh . That i was literally dragging myself
along the ground and pleading for GOD to save me from the monster of my own flesh .
SEE , it wasnt churches that led me to THAT , IT was not men who led me
to the dire NEED of SUCH A SAVOIR . IT WAS GOD . TORAH DREW ME TO CHRIST .
HIS LOVE for the truth that he HAD PUT ON MY HEART , LED Me to an END of SELF and an awareness
of HOW GREAT A NEED I TRULY HAD FOR CHRIST . OH i was saved on day one . YET GOD led me To truth and the dire realization of my need for HIS CHRIST .
I had also began having dreams .
Right before the baptism of the HOLY GHOST had occured
i had seen a vision of what i call the dark one . I never saw such darkness .
THIS was a entity cloaked in a black that can only be described as a black far blacker than any man can create in cloth .
IT appeared and i was fearful of it . I saw no face . Within the hood of blackness
where a face should have been i saw only a blackness that far exceeds any black that man can make in cloth . THERE WAS ABSOLUTEY NO LIGHT in IT .
I awoke .
I also had such a hunger for GOD and had went to visist churches
for fellowship and a great desire to have fellowship and share CHRIST .
I could dance and praise like david during the praise times , yet when the preacher appeared
and began to teach i was always left empty .
YET always in the bible i had great filling , good fullfillment . I did not know THEN why that was .
But as i stayed in the bible , IT did not take long to figure out . SEE , GOD PUT A LOVE and HUNGER FOR HIM
FOR TRUTH on my heart and these men were not FEEDING TRUTH .
Anway back to the topic . Soon after the vision
I was home praying and praying to GOD , WHEN all of a sudden , I spoke a langauge .
IT was like it was coming to me and through me . IF that makes any sense .
I was not doing it . The next day i had another day vision
I again saw the dark one , YET NOW I had no fear of it and i pulled at my side for my sword
WHICH WAS INVISIBLE , and went right after it with no fear . THE SWORD was INVISIBLE
because our weapons are not carnal , BUT SPIRITUAL .
The dream i had later also confirmed this .
I was in a huge mall of sorts . People were running
from this Huge man . Hiding in corners .
I went out to face it . David , I could not overcome it . I was holding my ground against it
but i knew within me i was not going to able to hold it back .
THEN a voice came to me in the dream and said , IT IS NOT BY MIGHT but by MY SPIRIT
THEN all of a sudden i threw the thing around like a rag doll . GOD IS WITH THE LAMBS DAVID . HE
is our STRENGHT and HE ALONE . we can do nothing without HIM , BUT FAIL
BUT IN HIM WE WILL PREVAIL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By our own strength we will fail , BUT IN CHRIST ALONE WE DO PREVAIL .
Test ALL MEN for many decievers abound .
Go to the bible and learn OF HIM . HE is our hope , our strength and our salvation .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i misconstured nothing
Actually YOU DID!
you only c/p a part of it, causing the readers to disregard my emphasis on truth, in order to bolster your error.
Again, here is what I wrote:

that he should deceive the nations [saved of the nations- Rev. 21:24-26] no more, till the thousand years [figurative Age of God's Grace] should be fulfilled [when no more people come to repentance.....

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually YOU DID!
you only c/p a part of it, causing the readers to disregard my emphasis on truth, in order to bolster your error.
Again, here is what I wrote:

that he should deceive the nations [saved of the nations- Rev. 21:24-26] no more, till the thousand years
You said: "[figurative Age of God's Grace] should be fulfilled [when no more people come to repentance....."

There is no figurative Age of God's Grace.

There is a literal Age of God's Grace = the Gospel = Matt 24:14 Rev ch6 , Rev ch19 , 2 Thess ch2 , Rev 13:5-9

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

"And when the Lamb opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony they had upheld. And they cried out in a loud voice, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You avenge our blood and judge those who dwell upon the earth?”
Then each of them was given a white robe and told to rest a little while longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers, were killed, just as they had been killed."

"For the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and His bride has made herself ready.
She was given clothing of fine linen,
bright and pure.”
For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints.
Then the angel told me to write, “Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.”
And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have
not been written
in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. -
Rev 13:8

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement is unbiblical and unsound from God's written words.

The martyred souls are currently in Heaven only in spirit and have not been resurrected yet.

No one will be Resurrected and given Glorified Immortal Bodies until the Second Coming of Christ = 1 Thess & 1 Cor ch15 & 1 John ch3

This is true, but when did the martyred souls in spirit ascend to heaven? John writes that he was given to know these martyred souls are in heaven at the same time (a thousand years) the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan was bound in the pit. How was Satan bound in the pit? The bottomless pit is symbolism for the grave/place of the dead, and John became aware (saw) that an angel having the key to the bottomless pit is the one that laid hold of Satan, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him. In chapter one Christ tells John that He has the keys of hell and death.

Revelation 20:1 (KJV) And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 1:18 (KJV) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Since John writes that Satan is bound a thousand years, and the martyred souls, as spirits are alive in heaven after physical death, in the same time, there is no doubt that a thousand years equates to the time from which Satan was bound and will not end until the seventh angel begins to sound that time given the church on earth to take the Gospel into all the world shall be no more.

None of the saints will be bodily resurrected immortal and incorruptible until time given this earth shall be no longer. But death is eternal for all who believe. We do not have eternal physical life, but eternal spiritual life when we believe. And we shall NEVER die. When our body breathes it's last, we as these martyred living souls ascend to heaven to be as are the angels of God in heaven, spirit souls.

You understand all of this and have even argued for spiritual life in heaven after physical death for believers. But you continue to cling to ONE thousand physical years that shall be after Christ returns? You agree there cannot be contradiction in the Word of God, and if there is contradiction it is our doctrine and not the Word that must be reconciled. Millennialism forces contradiction into the Word of God by denying a thousand years equates to TIME God gives His Church on this earth to build the spiritual Kingdom of God as the Gospel is proclaimed unto all the earth.

Not only does the fact that Satan, and the martyred saints both speak of the same TIME (a thousand years), but John also writes of others who shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with Him during this same TIME (a thousand years). How can a thousand years be literally ONE thousand years that shall not come until Christ comes again since Satan, the physically dead in Christ and those who shall live in Christ all pertain to the same reference to Time of a thousand years? The only answer is that a thousand years equates to TIME God has given His Chruch on this earth to build the spiritual Kingdom of God as the Gospel is proclaimed unto all the nations of the earth. This symbolic time began when Satan was bound by Christ's cross and resurrection when Christ entered into the house of the strong man and bound him so that He could plunder his goods (the dead in Christ who lived and died before He came). One who is stronger than Satan, was demonstrated as the earthly ministry of Christ casting out devils, proved the Kingdom of God (spiritually) had come. Then by His victory over sin and death Christ set free those saints who had been bound in death, and took them with Him to heaven, living (spirit) souls when He ascended there.

Matthew 12:28-29 (KJV) But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Ephesians 4:8-10 (KJV) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)