NO MORE WORKS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you've never given up your creature comforts either though lol
see, that's easy to say from inside the camp, where you live, no offense.
you are testifying of yourself now, see
I’m without the camp! Suffering the reproach of Christ

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What we need is..the happy balance..not either or, but both
for that I would go back up to here,
Okay...we know this is what people are taught that they are 'saved for' - to go to Heaven when they die
and recognize that this is an assumption, and an invalid one, no less, as Scripture makes crystal clear;
No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I’m without the camp! Suffering the reproach of Christ
you are testifying of yourself here, and imo not understanding the implications of this, wadr. And incidentally ignoring all of my Qs that would paint a fuller picture, which is possibly a further indication, see. Do you believe that you are "saved," or not, and what exactly does this state of being "saved" imply for your future, let's say after you have literally died?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This peace is rest. But in this world your gonna see tribulation
Did you ever hear the story of the painting completion.
The subject was PEACE.
In that competition one artist painted a pretty pond , with sheep peacefully grazing besides it. A lovely painting.

The other artist painted a wide roaring noisy waterfall which filled his canvas.
When looking carefully, right beside the waterfall and almost behind it was a small nest. In this nest sat a mother bird and around her were 4 tiny babies. Underneath his painting in big bold letters , the artist wrote PEACE.

Guess who won the prize? :)

Peace in the storm...the test of life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And incidentally ignoring all of my Qs that would paint a fuller picture, which is possibly a further indication, see. Do you believe that you are "saved," or not, and what exactly does this state of being "saved" imply for your future, let's say after you have literally died?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GREAT post Nancy! :)
Glad to see you "Just sayin' " LOL

Yes many moons ago ( after many anxious 'moons' /decades)
I finally "got it".

When peace seems absent, and God presence has 'vanished'..and we feel alone... Someone said - "So who moved?"
I knew then, that He who has promised to never leave us or forsake us ... had not moved, I had!!! Doubts cloud His face, anxiety blocks the knowledge of His felt Presence.
He who IS PEACE never leaves us or forsakes us...as it says in -
Eph 2
14 For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby. "

Jesus said ' My peace I give to you, My peace I leave with you.."
His Holy Spirit within us. Yay God!!! :)

And, from there...we walk by faith, not be 'feels-like' !! :D

Lol...and I was "just sayin" :D

"When peace seems absent, and God presence has 'vanished'..and we feel alone... Someone said - "So who moved?"
I knew then, that He who has promised to never leave us or forsake us ... had not moved, I had!!! <-----That was exactly what I realized shortly before I returned to my first love ♥ I was the one who walked away, never Him!!!!
Doubts cloud His face, anxiety blocks the knowledge of His felt Presence. <---- And, I was full of ALL of those things...I received an even deeper peace after not being able to work anymore when I realized that I would most likely have to walk away from my house...my fences and back deck were falling apart...hole in the wall between the kitchen and outside...on and on and on. I realized that all of that was just many opportunities TO trust and believe and....rest. He has never let me down yet, and He never will ♥

Reactions: Helen and Dave L

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess I should reiterate here that I maintain a hope of salvation, I have no idea what will happen after I have died, etc. The only reason I reject any human notions or descriptions of my possible state in "the afterlife" is bc i'm sure God has a much better idea and I would certainly hate to be in a mansion in the sky just bc God fulfilled my beliefs, if He has a much more fulfilling destiny in mind, and etc like that

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, this convo just kind of ended, I didn't mean to imply that you would always be doing nothing ok; but to learn how to do nothing first, so that doing from what we call conviction may be practiced, over doing from codependency

I would agree with ‘doing nothing’ but maybe differently ...an example being
James 1:4 [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Doing ‘nothing’ could be doing ‘something big’ when it appears as doing nothing... for the sake of patience.

Another example of appearing as doing nothing while doing something big: Romans 12:19-21 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. [20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And so are you! So rest
lol, ok, go with that then, step into that comfy "teacher" role, see, and ignore post 150 until you are ready ok, I don't even blame you for this. Now understand that you are also telling me that your kids heard of or at least verified the existence of santa claus from you, you also decorate trees during certain common holidays deemed "the birth of Jesus," and etc. You certainly go to "church" on "Sunday" and make tax-deductible donations, on and on. You thank "God" that your team won some Hegelian contest.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree with ‘doing nothing’ but maybe differently ...an example being
James 1:4 [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Doing ‘nothing’ could be doing ‘something big’ when it appears as doing nothing... for the sake of patience.

Another example of appearing as doing nothing while doing something big: Romans 12:19-21 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. [20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
I hate Byrd has been scard so. I hope the Lord gives him peace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so pls note that you could envision having to harden yourself against "some kids' spirits hanging on me," yet you cannot envision yourself manifesting any spirits? So you say "I have never manifested a spirit," but I suggest that that is virtually all you do
me neither, although that is a way of manifesting um a spirit, almost certainly; that spirit that you have defined as "Jesus." Nothing wrong with that, but I did not mean to go into a room and literally call out "Jesus" with some kids present, even though imo that would manifest a certain spirit, yes. But I would like to note here that your calling out "Jesus" and...someone else calling out "Jesus" could easily manifest a different spirit, too. Could be a spirit of peace, or say even vengeance (from a recent post in this forum), could be joy, could be what I might deem "religious fervor," etc
now you are testifying of yourself, and I guess I needn't Quote the consequences of that

Oh Mark, you are just too deep for me, lol. So, do you not believe a BAC has Jesus living in us? In our hearts? And, tbh, all this manifestation of spirits kind of scares me...unless, of course we are speaking of The Holy Spirit ♥

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol, ok, go with that then, step into that comfy "teacher" role, see, and ignore post 150 until you are ready ok, I don't even blame you for this. Now understand that you are also telling me that your kids heard of or at least verified the existence of santa claus from you, you also decorate trees during certain common holidays deemed "the birth of Jesus," and etc
Only one tree I’m declaring

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hate Byrd has been scard so. I hope the Lord gives him peace

Oh don't worry about him. (I presume you mean Scarred, not scared?)

Anyway he isn't either. Once you 'know his depth' you will know he has learned very many 'life lessons'...so his ministry is to hopefully point out traps set for us along life's path's.
Often we don't really sit and THINK about what we have picked up and believed from others in this life...bbyrd is one who 'makes us rethink what we believe' ... with most people it just confirms them in what they believe...other weigh it and don't dismiss it, and can actually see deeper into what he is saying.

Bless you @Waiting on him :)

Reactions: Waiting on him