No one can see the Kingdom of God unless...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you see the Kingdom of God in your midst?

• Yes I can

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No I cant

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I dont understand the question

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The kingdom has not fully come in yet

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
seems like i recall some sychphants being offered blood and human body--or so they thought anyway--considering it nonsense
Of course, our conduct has a profound influence on the unconverted. And, such acts as you mentioned, make a mockery of Christ and his precepts. Thus, the harvest becomes sparse, and more difficult.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if we are having dreams and vision we are doing just as god Jesus promised in the bible, the more limits you place on God the more you will shut Him out.
I'm just trying to differentiate between the divinely inspired ones, and the humanly inspired ones.
...are we going in circles, ...several times?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm just trying to differentiate between the divinely inspired ones, and the humanly inspired ones.
...are we going in circles, ...several times?

I had a vision twice, where I stood on a hill with The Holy Spirit, down below was a small bush and from behind it came satan dressed in a nice grey suit, hat and all, hes not as people described him, red tail and all. Is this divine or does it not fit your window..??

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had a vision twice, where I stood on a hill with The Holy Spirit, down below was a small bush and from behind it came satan dressed in a nice grey suit, hat and all, hes not as people described him, red tail and all. Is this divine or does it not fit your window..??
Not fit in my window.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not fit in my window.
Yes thats what I expected, but you see I knew who he was, and rebuked Him both times, just as it was that night when i find myself facing the spirit of death, I knew who he was, never had to ask , rebuked him and im back in my bed asleep. So i know my enemy, Is this to boast of self, no but what God has to offer, but so few willing. Im not afraid of mens opinions if I was I wouldnt be here.

And by your own words have made a very narrow window for God to show you anything, your doing not His.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am prepared, and always have. In fact, I am always the first to say it.
That takes lots of guts and humility to say and mean it.

I haven't read the entirety of this thread, but for this point you have my admiration.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That takes lots of guts and humility to say and mean it.

I haven't read the entirety of this thread, but for this point you have my admiration.
...i got the impression that you haven't read the entire thread, for had you, you wouldn't have asked me the question.
I say this just to emphasize both the sincerity, and seriousness of what I said.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes thats what I expected, but you see I knew who he was, and rebuked Him both times, just as it was that night when i find myself facing the spirit of death, I knew who he was, never had to ask , rebuked him and im back in my bed asleep. So i know my enemy, Is this to boast of self, no but what God has to offer, but so few willing. Im not afraid of mens opinions if I was I wouldnt be here.

And by your own words have made a very narrow window for God to show you anything, your doing not His.
Well, you see the problem that I'm having is, both, the imagery that you saw, and the meaning behind it?
All that, in order to tell you that you now know you're enemy? And, that you, first of all, recognized the devil, and secondly, actually rebuked him, ...and he what, got scared and took off?
So what did this emphasize to you, that you were unaware of before? And, if you don't mind, am I to gather anything from this myself (outside of the fact that God inspires people)?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, you see the problem that I'm having is, both, the imagery that you saw, and the meaning behind it?
All that, in order to tell you that you now know you're enemy? And, that you, first of all, recognized the devil, and secondly, actually rebuked him, ...and he what, got scared and took off?
So what did this emphasize to you, that you were unaware of before? And, if you don't mind, am I to gather anything from this myself (outside of the fact that God inspires people)?
I alerady knew about the devil seeing him was something else. is that an issue to you??. Why does God need to show you the bible, you have one, you can read it for yourself, and if you dont like that version you can try another, adn if none of them are any good, you can study hebrew and greek and write your own, as so many do, or you can just trsu God which seems to be the most lacking thing here.

Reactions: amadeus

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I alerady knew about the devil seeing him was something else. is that an issue to you??. Why does God need to show you the bible, you have one, you can read it for yourself, and if you dont like that version you can try another, adn if none of them are any good, you can study hebrew and greek and write your own, as so many do, or you can just trsu God which seems to be the most lacking thing here.
ok, just asking. ...plus, i do try to use many versions of the Bible, i highly recommend it. ...I'm actually currently using a NIV Chronological bible. What an incredible and belated concept. Great, great study tool.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forever in that context does not meant eternal, Scott????
For all Christians will live forever, as much as the rejected will die forever (annihilation or eternal torment).
The Hebrew's author was referring to Jesus in his exalted state, after his ascension, thus, he has already made the grade, therefore his current status with God will remain forever. And, that his disposition towards us will never change, and that he will always and forever, remain faithful to those who pray in his name.
Comprehension.

One out of three is not good...certainly not correct.

It reads "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever." You only got one out of the three right...which makes you wrong.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're being selective Scott, you chose an example where inspired men were mocked. What about when uninspired people were praised for their 'folly' (Elymas/Simon the magician?
I'm just saying that it's one or the other. Thus, i must use discretion in discerning, and this is what i do.
No...that is not the prophecy of Joel.

You only assumed that the only ones who were mocked were "inspired men" "the apostles." But the prophecy that Peter confirmed on the day of Pentecost was that God would pour out His spirit upon "all flesh."

As for discretion...you're not doing so well. Your discretion must surely be your own.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No...that is not the prophecy of Joel.

You only assumed that the only ones who were mocked were "inspired men" "the apostles." But the prophecy that Peter confirmed on the day of Pentecost was that God would pour out His spirit upon "all flesh."

As for discretion...you're not doing so well. Your discretion must surely be your own.

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
Act 1:16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you're right, it was just an expression. But, you're right, I affirmed that I didn't have the Holy Spirit, therefore, nothing to argue, ...unless, someone knows better (difficult Biblical passages about this)?

Oh...so you didn't mean for it to be taken literally when you said you didn't have the Holy Spirit? So then I'm assuming you have received the Holy Spirit.

You seem to want to insist that no one speak about things of Gods Spirit, but I think we have to, seeing as how our own preachers and teachers are mostly, a. Only expounding the letter with no true knowledge or witness of the Spirit at all or, b. Pretenders and charlatans.

So I think we need to help and share with each other because we are so weak and with no Paul to teach us these things, aside from his letters.

We shouldn't dismiss or shut up every man or we will remain weak.

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkopos, that was brilliantly stated! That has got to be the most comprehensive and balanced statement that I've heard on this topic yet!

Of course you liked it, because you think he said it is better to not speak of experiencing God and walking with Him.

Reactions: ScottA

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not at all, and i truly hope that all those people are correct, and God is walking with them and helping them along their way. For they are doing a thousand times better than I am. I say this, sincerely, to my discredit.
It's extremely inspiring to hear of stories when the promises of God, are fulfilled in people's lives. Everyone rejoices (everyone = true Christians).
I just hope that the promises are not making some over eager?

Yes, well small children are over eager and foolish in many ways. They fall many times while learning to walk. They attempt to stick forks into wall sockets. They grow into arrogant teenagers who think they know everything. Eventually, they calm down and get some humility and caution and wisdom.

Sometimes you have to let them make their mistakes, despite all your cautions, until they grow and settle down.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were talking about the eternality of Jesus as being nonsense, as being a stumbling block to Jews & Muslims. Scriptures and wisdom tell us that it's nonsense. For, everyone knows that, humans are mortal. Therefore, the one applying scripture & wisdom is correct.

He was with God in the beginning and He WAS God. John said this about Jesus/the light/the Word. He also says that everything that was made was made through Him and that He came into the very world He created and the world did not recognize Him.

There are many verses and places that agree with John and even Jesus Himself said of Himself, before Abraham was born, I am.

But you think it is nonsense. Once again, you can't see it, but other men can.