No one can see the Kingdom of God unless...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you see the Kingdom of God in your midst?

• Yes I can

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No I cant

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I dont understand the question

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The kingdom has not fully come in yet

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This morning was very cool, so I wore my jacket, which was a cool shade of blue (as opposed to a warm shade of blue) and the jacket has Nike on the sleeves, so I looked really cool all day.

In the first instance the Word means chilly.

In the second, it means a blue with a cooler undertone as opposed to a warmer undertone.

In the third instance it means...hip, stylish.

So DNB, lay it out with John and the "word" so we can see what you are claiming.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the incarnated son of God? Right?

I believe He is God. I put out many verses and then Scott's added a stupendous verse, to show how I arrived there. Admittedly, it is hard for our minds to grasp it all. I simplify things whenever I can.

By the way, it is nice to meet you. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And by the way, DNB, I finally got around to the conversation you and ScottA were having on eternal versus forever and I understood and agree with you. If I didn't have to go to sleep right now, I would go into why eternal torment has always bothered me as not quite right, but it would be too much to get into this late.

Reactions: DNB

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
. . .They be born again, of water and spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh and Spirit to spirit.

My question to those who are born again...
What do you "see" ? Just to compare with my own experiences.

John 3:3-8

Blessings

I don't like the term born again,I see it as born from above

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

This is a very interesting statement, and in most King James Bibles the margin reads "again" as being "from above". In Strong's Greek dictionary, # 509, the word is "Anothen", "from above". You will never understand this statement that Jesus made unless you understand what it means to be "born from above." In a later verse, it is documented that you must be "born from above", or your soul will be lost for eternity.

The church world has their sayings and songs that "Ye must be born again", and yet these verses they sin miss the mark, because they do not understand what it means to be "born from above" [born again]. This is part of God's plan that everyone [every soul] be born of woman, from above. For documentation we find in the Book of Jude whereby the penalty of the fallen angels is given, in as much as they left their place of habitation. Angels are to inhabit heaven, or paradise at this time, in the flesh age.

Jude 6; "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

Angels are not to be on the earth in the flesh age, except on special mission by God Himself. These angels that are in chains and bound for destruction, left the heavens without the permission of God, and as it is written in Genesis 6, were not born from above, but came from above. They were not born of woman, but observed woman and made play mates out of them.

Genesis 6:1, 2; "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, " [1] "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." [2]

These angles cohabited with them, and the offspring of this weird relationship between these Nephilim, or fallen angels and women were the "geber" which is to say "giants". They were the misfits that roamed the earth. This was contrary to God's plan, and it was in this way that Satan and his tribe of fallen angels hoped to destroy the daughters of Adam, whereby there would not be a womb of humanity fitting to bring forth the promised Messiah, the Christ child. What was left would only be Satanic, angelic hybrids which would be a mixture of man and angel.

This is why the flood of Noah's day came to pass.

Genesis 6:4; "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God [the angels] came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare (children) [the word children is not in the text] to them, the same (became) [not in the text] mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

This inbreeding caused the entire population of Adamic man to be contaminated, and to be worthless for God's plan. These offspring of the wicked angels had the mind of their parents, "and wickedness was great upon the earth". The children of these angels were as wicked as their fathers, which were the fallen angels.

Genesis 6:8, 9; "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord." [8] "THESE ARE THE GENERATIONS OF NOAH; Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God." [9]

Notice the phrase, "perfect in his generations". "Perfect" is from the Hebrew word, "tamin", meaning "without blemish as to breed or pedigree". Friend, this perfection is talking about ones blood line. The blood line [pedigree] of Noah and his family. There was only one Adamic family left on the face of the earth that was perfect in it's generations, and had not mixed with the fallen angels. So God destroyed the earth, and all the wicked ones with the flood. They were destroyed, and their souls as recorded in Jude 6 are being held for destruction.

Back to John 3; in other words, this "death" was to go contrary to God's plan. The people did, but it is essential that one be "born from above". Your soul comes from above, from God, for we were with God in that first earth age, and upon death Ecclesiastes 12:7 tells us that our souls return immediately to God.

Within God's plan, because of what happened in the first earth age, all souls must be born innocent from above. God's plan requires that each soul come into this world age through it's mother's womb, and make its own mind up whether that soul will follow God or Satan. That is free will, the right to chose the final destination of your own soul. They must be born innocent of the what happened in the first earth age, and the result of that first overthrow by Satan's downfall, as recorded in Genesis 1:2, when "the earth became void".

Therefore Christ is giving the very basics of salvation to Nicodemus.

John 3:4 "Nicodemus saith unto Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"

Nicodemus still just did not understand what Jesus was saying, because he could only see the flesh realm and the law. He was looking only at the flesh.

John 3:5 "Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

"Verily, verily" is "truly, truly". Jesus is telling him that there must be two births necessary; the birth of the water and of the spirit. Many people teach that this "born of the water", means to be baptized, and this is not what is being talked about. To be born from above is to be born of the womb of your mother. Every child is born in a bag of water, in fact the normal birth is announced by the breaking of the waters with in the birthing bag. So we see in this that one must be born of woman, in innocence, and then "be born of the spirit".

Born of the spirit means to accept the Spirit of Christ. That soul choosing by free will the Spirit of Christ into their spirit. That is what the marriage of Christ is all about; to become one in Christ.

This is why most people simply do not know what being "born from above means", when they disregard what happened in the book of Genesis, and in that first earth age. They overlook all of Satan's attempts to destroy the womb of woman, and God's plan to send us His Son that we might have redemption. God intervened in Satan attempt, as He always will do. This is why the book of Jude is so important.

john3

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Uh...no, you did not attempt to show my flaw in not understanding the literary device John was using. You stated that I did not understand but you did not explain it. You did not show how John meant different meanings with any of His repeated words. Stating that something is flawed is not showing how it is flawed.

In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

If you want to attempt to show that John was using the literary device of anatanaclasis, give His intended meaning for all three of his uses of the word "word." They all must have a different meaning.
Ok, sorry, I thought that it was implied by me stating God's intention with Christ.
If Jesus was the pinnacle and impetus behind God's creation, as I concluded, then, In the beginning was the Word (God's plan - Jesus), the Word was with God (re-emphasizing the prehistoric decree), and the Word was God (establishing the divine plan, not an afterthought due to the fall; it was God's intent, and reflects who he is, and he will be glorified due to the wisdom behind his Word).
The mystery SBG, is in Christ's chronology, not his ontology. Again, the allusions to his pre-existence, is just the inspired author's way of saying Adam did not foil God's plan. The Garden of Eden was not the primary intent, it was a means to a different end. John and Jesus recognize this, and state that Jesus was before the Garden, and everything that came after.
God played his Word out in history, in reverse order (absolutely brilliant).
Jesus' & John's expressions are very profound. They do not add up to a god-man or trinity, that is a very shallow and superficial understanding of the God's wisdom and Word.
But rather, the phraseology is very rational, God saved and revealed the best for last, as intended from the beginning. For, from the beginning, was the Word...

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And by the way, DNB, I finally got around to the conversation you and ScottA were having on eternal versus forever and I understood and agree with you. If I didn't have to go to sleep right now, I would go into why eternal torment has always bothered me as not quite right, but it would be too much to get into this late.
No worries, at your convenience, have a good night!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This morning was very cool, so I wore my jacket, which was a cool shade of blue (as opposed to a warm shade of blue) and the jacket has Nike on the sleeves, so I looked really cool all day.

In the first instance the Word means chilly.

In the second, it means a blue with a cooler undertone as opposed to a warmer undertone.

In the third instance it means...hip, stylish.

So DNB, lay it out with John and the "word" so we can see what you are claiming.
Well done, you got it girl!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow MJR, I'm shocked, ...all your insights are by personal revelation?
Something to do with

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and again

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

and again

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

I guess I have to much faith in God and very little in myself.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe He is God. I put out many verses and then Scott's added a stupendous verse, to show how I arrived there. Admittedly, it is hard for our minds to grasp it all. I simplify things whenever I can.

By the way, it is nice to meet you. :)
1 John 5:1 Matthew 16:13-21. To say Jesus is God is to deny him as the true Son of God and its to deny him being the Messiah. Jesus is not God, he was born of God which make second nature to His father. He is the incarnated Son of God which makes him a God and "God" since he came from the father they are one and the same ...its like his flesh made from his father's particles which makes him holy and like his father since his father is made of spiritual being etc..if that made any sense...hi by the way ..nice to meet you too but im not new here..i been on this forum for a very long time...well the other one i mean..lol but anyway i wonder why people deny Jesus as the son...is it because they really think he is God or do they really deny him as being
the Son OF being the Messiah? Because its like if they admit he is the son its like they denying his powers ...and him being the messiah as a whole...its like saying Jesus cant be God if he is the son cause only God can do or be what he was...wth is going on? How can Jesus be God ? I thought he was the son of God? You know like father, like son. Even the verses i posted declares him the Son of God...

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning was the Word (God's plan - Jesus), the Word was with God (re-emphasizing the prehistoric decree), and the Word was God (establishing the divine plan, not an afterthought due to the fall;

You have not shown anatanaclasis, in my opinion. Your definitions are: plan, decree, plan. Those are not completely different meanings of the same word.

I never said Jesus was an afterthought. Everything we see was created through Him, it would be impossible that He was an afterthought of God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5:1 Matthew 16:13-21. To say Jesus is God is to deny him as the true Son of God and its to deny him being the Messiah. Jesus is not God, he was born of God which make second nature to His father. He is the incarnated Son of God which makes him a God and "God" since he came from the father they are one and the same ...its like his flesh made from his father's particles which makes him holy and like his father since his father is made of spiritual being etc..if that made any sense...hi by the way ..nice to meet you too but im not new here..i been on this forum for a very long time...well the other one i mean..lol but anyway i wonder why people deny Jesus as the son...is it because they really think he is God or do they really deny him as being
the Son OF being the Messiah? Because its like if they admit he is the son its like they denying his powers ...and him being the messiah as a whole...its like saying Jesus cant be God if he is the son cause only God can do or be what he was...wth is going on? How can Jesus be God ? I thought he was the son of God? You know like father, like son. Even the verses i posted declares him the Son of God...

Yes, He was begotten of God, but He existed with God before He was begotten of God in flesh. God wrapped in the weakness of human flesh is still God.

It is not to deny that Jesus is the Messiah, the Savior of the world, to say that He is God.

As strange as it sounds, when God wrapped Himself in flesh, He emptied Himself and then had to depend completely on Himself, the Holy Spirit. God is Spirit who wrapped Himself in flesh along with all the dependencies and weaknesses of human flesh. And He did all of this to buy us back from Satan, the God of this world.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Something to do with

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and again

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

and again

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

I guess I have to much faith in God and very little in myself.
Ok, just curious how you interpreted inspiration.
...but clearly you read your Bible, as you continuously quote it, so you're just saying that your interpretation comes from the Holy Spirit's guidance.
Alright, I find that a little presumptuous. It's true that the Holy Spirit inspires, but it's rare.... my understanding, anyhow.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh...no, you did not attempt to show my flaw in not understanding the literary device John was using. You stated that I did not understand but you did not explain it. You did not show how John meant different meanings with any of His repeated words. Stating that something is flawed is not showing how it is flawed.

In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

If you want to attempt to show that John was using the literary device of anatanaclasis, give His intended meaning for all three of his uses of the word "word." They all must have a different meaning.
What about eternity?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about eternity?

That lit a fire under me because when I did a word study a few years ago on the beginning of Genesis, I came up with the first light spoken of as: and the light He called, everlasting, and the darkness he called, a twist/twisting away from, everlasting.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have not shown anatanaclasis, in my opinion. Your definitions are: plan, decree, plan. Those are not completely different meanings of the same word.

I never said Jesus was an afterthought. Everything we see was created through Him, it would be impossible that He was an afterthought of God.
...not plan, decree, plan, the final point was plan, decree, God. As the plan or decree is God. That's what John is saying. But yes, it is circular, and that's the effect, or art of the poetic form that he's using.
But, understand that each usage does not have to have an entirely different meaning, just a different emphasis or effect than the adjacent use i.e. just not used in the exact same way that it was before...
...but, the meaning is understood, Jesus was not an afterthought, it was designed from the beginning, and all this was God's intent as that is who and what God is, wisdom, love and sovereign.
It can be said in a variety of ways, and is repetitive, but that's for the sake of emphasis. But, appreciate when John said this, in the 1st century, so to us, what I'm stating is obvious and sounds mundane, but at that time, it was extremely revelatory, and profound.
I'm just saying, reading it in a hyper-literal fashion does not do justice to the thought of John or what he's trying to convey. It actually does the opposite, you end up with an absurd and irresolvable conclusion, i.e. god-man, triunity, redundancy in the Godhead, an inefficacious atonement, etc...

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think some people get confused between Jesus that was for 33 years , and He who was before those 33 year and is after those 33 years...

Is there a verse somewhere that mentions Him 'laying aside His glory' to come to earth....or did I just make that up ...to brain-tired to look for it now :D
You may be thinking of:

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

In my mind, Jesus laid aside all his glory and became a man. He did it to show God's creation of man could be a success. If we say Jesus was God in his life as Jesus, then "man" didn't succeed. God had to "cheat" a little. People are also apt to excuse themselves by saying, "I can't be like Jesus. He was God and I'm not." That's a horrible statement to me. It implies Jesus had an unfair advantage over us. He didn't -- and he still succeeded. Therefore we are without excuse when we fail and we need to correct things as soon as we see we erred.

Of course, Hebrews gives the other angle too:

1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Reactions: amadeus

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That lit a fire under me because when I did a word study a few years ago on the beginning of Genesis, I came up with the first light spoken of as: and the light He called, everlasting, and the darkness he called, a twist/twisting away from, everlasting.
The word "ever" itself involves time since it means "at any time."

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually, that's not completely accurate. Notes not in front of me. It was, and the darkness He called, a twist away of the light, a twist away of everlasting..