No one can see the Kingdom of God unless...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you see the Kingdom of God in your midst?

• Yes I can

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No I cant

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I dont understand the question

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The kingdom has not fully come in yet

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are now so weak that I don't know if we can even guess as to what a "normal, everyday walk" should be.
Actually, for myself, I think it's fairly well taught in the Bible, what a normal Christian life, if you can really say such a thing, as any Christian life is so extrodinary, anyway, what the Christian life consists of, and looks like.

There is a lot of weakness in faith, and so many that tear down, or tie up burdens, and many get discouraged.

Maybe there's a new thread due . . .

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, for myself, I think it's fairly well taught in the Bible, what a normal Christian life, if you can really say such a thing, as any Christian life is so extrodinary, anyway, what the Christian life consists of, and looks like.

There is a lot of weakness in faith, and so many that tear down, or tie up burdens, and many get discouraged.

Maybe there's a new thread due . . .

Much love!

Yes. And it is babies who are weak in faith. So we are all babies from what I can see. And I don't see that what men think we need to learn and know is geared toward building us up in trust. So we remain weak babies.

It all hinges on trust, not on learning most of what men and denominations think is so important. Please note I said "most."

Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. And it is babies who are weak in faith. So we are all babies from what I can see. And I don't see that what men think we need to learn and know is geared toward building us up in trust. So we remain weak babies.

It all hinges on trust, not on learning most of what men and denominations think is so important. Please note I said "most."

I think that's very true, that people have a lot of ideas that they think are so very important. But I agree with you, that it's all about trust.

I see that so much about myself, that for so many years I really had very little idea about what it meant to trust God, or how I would do it.

Having become convinced of His love and care for us, the key for me is to just remember that He is here, and He loves me. It's about not worrying whether I brought enough bread, just remember Who I'm with.

That's another good line of thinking . . . how do we grow in faith?

Much love!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In my mind, Jesus laid aside all his glory and became a man. He did it to show God's creation of man could be a success. If we say Jesus was God in his life as Jesus, then "man" didn't succeed. God had to "cheat" a little. People are also apt to excuse themselves by saying, "I can't be like Jesus. He was God and I'm not." That's a horrible statement to me. It implies Jesus had an unfair advantage over us. He didn't -- and he still succeeded. Therefore we are without excuse when we fail and we need to correct things as soon as we see we erred.

Agree Kerry.
I usually side step the comments I see where people say:-
Jesus was 100% God and 100% man. :rolleyes:
People have their minds made up and nothing will change them.

If He was 100% God while here, then as you say..the temptation in the wilderness was a non-contest!!!

No, while here He was the Last Adam and the Last Lamb...and all else He laid aside while He walked on this earth.
I do believe that He knew Who He was...not only the Son of God ..and I believe that when they came looking for Him at the end and He said answered - " I am He.."
That He was using His divine Name I AM. ..and that is the reason it says -
"..and they fell backward.."

But, it will be a discussion that is endless...and people don't change positions on it , not that I have ever seen...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's very true, that people have a lot of ideas that they think are so very important. But I agree with you, that it's all about trust.

I see that so much about myself, that for so many years I really had very little idea about what it meant to trust God, or how I would do it.

Having become convinced of His love and care for us, the key for me is to just remember that He is here, and He loves me. It's about not worrying whether I brought enough bread, just remember Who I'm with.

That's another good line of thinking . . . how do we grow in faith?

Much love!

I think...by being constantly reminded, like a child - remember daddy said don't do that? Remember he said don't worry? Remember he said trust him and he knows what you need? Hey, you aren't doing what mom said. Do you remember what she said?

Small children learn by constant repetition.

So instead of, say, godly ways to invest money or what transubstantiation means, blah, blah, blah, how about comparing and contrasting us to those in the Exodus. Pointing out their mistakes and discussing how the equivalent of that lack of trust looks and plays out today?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we say Jesus was God in his life as Jesus, then "man" didn't succeed. God had to "cheat" a little. People are also apt to excuse themselves by saying, "I can't be like Jesus. He was God and I'm not." That's a horrible statement to me. It implies Jesus had an unfair advantage over us. He didn't -- and he still succeeded.
Reminds me of . . .
1 John 4:17 "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."

Much love!

Reactions: Giuliano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think...by being constantly reminded, like a child - remember daddy said don't do that? Remember he said don't worry? Remember he said trust him and he knows what you need? Hey, you aren't doing what mom said. Do you remember what she said?

So instead of, say, godly ways to invest money or what transubstantiation means, blah, blah, blah, how about comparing and contrasting us to those in the Exodus. Pointing out their mistakes and discussing how the equivalent of that lack of trust looks and plays out today?
That sounds like 1 Corinthians 10, and sounds like a great idea!

Much love!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Haha! I just this moment posted the similar thought in Marks thread -
Increasing Faith

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, you're out of your mind! Many terms are used to describe both God and Jesus, and God and humans. As in, righteous, holy, patient, wise, compassionate, etc... It does not equate them ontologically!
Why did I have to explain this?
But, I must thank you all the same, for it's nice feeling justified. For, as I said, it's always the ones who say that they're speaking through the Holy Spirit, that are the worst exegetes.
And it is always the ones who's hearts are far from God, who claim context then break context speaking out of both sides of their mouth. The same killed the prophets.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to your hearing anyway, yes, but when other Scriptures dealing with the term suggest differently, will you be willing to hear then?

ps, havent found the dictionary yet that equates aeon with forever, myself
Hear how, or from who?

The words are not the standard of what each is used to mean, but it is the Spirit; and if I hear from the Spirit, why should I hear from another?

No, I am not willing.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, in my case, not Triune really. I see God as Spirit. I don't see God and the Holy Spirit as separate as the creed states. I don't see God as a different Spirit and the Holy Spirit as a different Spirit.
Cool, likewise.
More specifically, I believe that God is the Father. The Holy Spirit is what God, the Father, send to empower Christians. And that Jesus Christ was solely a human being, born 4bc, but was the first born of all creation. In that, all was made for Jesus (not by him, but via him), and that he is the head of all things.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hear how, or from who?

The words are not the standard of what each is used to mean, but it is the Spirit; and if I hear from the Spirit, why should I hear from another?

No, I am not willing.
it isnt that "eternal" doesnt mean "forever," necessarily, its the application with "life," "eternal life," wherein "immortality" is inferred rather than "timeless application, this principle will always be true" imo
despite the plethora of other vv basically flatly denying that we ever go anywhere special, and in fact in order to believe that we must dig a pit for others

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I came that you might have LIFE, more abundantly
for Chrisssakes

tomorrow comes today :)
beware the thief in the night
i bet
if you arent inspired by life, you arent paying attention

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok, just curious how you interpreted inspiration.
...but clearly you read your Bible, as you continuously quote it
Did you read my other post, Only need the bible to argue with christians, God doesnt need it... God gave us His Spirit, of whom so many deny, or dont have.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you read my other post, Only need the bible to argue with christians, God doesnt need it... God gave us His Spirit, of whom so many deny, or dont have.
Ok, MJR, that's very bizarre, because the only way that you know that God gave us, or is willing to give us, his Spirit, is through Scripture. Not to mention, anything that one might know about Jesus Christ and salvation, and so on.
Are you saying that you received this all by personal revelation?
Either way, I strongly protest your approach to understanding and imparting the things pertaining to God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok, MJR, that's very bizarre, because the only way that you know that God gave us, or is willing to give us, his Spirit, is through Scripture. Not to mention, anything that one might know about Jesus Christ and salvation, and so on.
Are you saying that you received this all by personal revelation?
Either way, I strongly protest your approach to understanding and imparting the things pertaining to God.
Something to do with

Act 4:4 Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

its all hearing not reading. or studying or arguing, or bickering over whos right. there are only 3 that are right

1Jn 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

and you will find the truth no where else, unless it is "your" truth you re seeking.

Rom_10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

and who is the word of God

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

You have teh horse before the cart