No one can see the Kingdom of God unless...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you see the Kingdom of God in your midst?

• Yes I can

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No I cant

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I dont understand the question

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The kingdom has not fully come in yet

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And did you expect any less, have you ever wondered why very few people will put there testimonies on here, I knew what I would cop before I came here, A question was asked , I answered, I will not deny Christ simply because men dont like how He goes about things. As I said to @DNB , there is nothing I have that he cannot have, but if refuses to believe that God can, than he has shut that door on himself, as so many christians do.
I wish and hope that you receive as many revelations as possible, so that truth will spread as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
I wish that everyone had the Holy spirit as much as they all claim, for there wouldn't be a need for this debate forum.
But when people claim to have this gift, and then express nonsense, or useless information, then it is my duty have to test the spirit.
As it equally is yours, and everybody's, to do so, especially when implausible nonsense is being presented to them.
You have yet to tell me what Jesus or God looked like when you met them both....

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What's wrong with how I envision the unity of the brethren? You entered this discussion but did not provide an answer to my initial question. You just went into attack mode. I wonder why...
No one has seen the Kingdom, Christ words meant 'enter the Kingdom'. Paul said that it's inexpressible what God has prepared, nor can we fathom what it will be like.
I'm looking forward to there being no sin or iniquity, but even this I can't imagine. I know that they'll be no marriage, and that we'll be like the angels, but even still, hard to conceive.
So, I'm not sure what type of answer that you're expecting, that is, the only response that anyone can offer will be derived from their imagination, and thus, dubious.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish and hope that you receive as many revelations as possible, so that truth will spread as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
I wish that everyone had the Holy spirit as much as they all claim, for there wouldn't be a need for this debate forum.
But when people claim to have this gift, and then express nonsense, or useless information, then it is my duty have to test the spirit.
As it equally is yours, and everybody's, to do so, especially when implausible nonsense is being presented to them.
You have yet to tell me what Jesus or God looked like when you met them both....

I've had dreams where I was walking right beside God and He was talking, but for some reason, I see Him out of the corner of my eye but never see what He actually looks like. That's odd.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Very early as a devout altar boy I saw myself becoming Catholic priest able to read the Bible with understanding and able to help others move closer to God as well. That vision was the men as trees walking described by a man whose eyes Jesus touched one time. Jesus certainly touched my heart even then, but like the man it was only a first touch. What I thought I had seen was in the right direction, but the details were very much "through a glass, darkly".

I was 32 years old and married with two young children when it really began... Consider that man when Jesus touched his eyes again:

"After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly." Mark 8:25

How I got into that place is another testimony, but there I was waiting for I did not know when the evangelist, having shared God's Word invited people to come forward. I had never seen such a thing before, but I stood, looking around for my wife but she was not in sight. The evangelist said to me, "Come on sir!"

I walked forward and reached out for God in a way I had never done before. I tried to repent that night, but something was in the way: Me!

My wife had gone forward before I did, which is where she was. When I saw her she was praying with tears running down her face. She had been blessed by God. They said she had received the baptism of the Holy Ghost. I was envious, jealous, of what she had received. I did not understand that God has more than enough to go around. We joined a Bible study which included several other new "converts" and for the first time in my life I began to read the Bible.

That church group was in the midst of what they called a revival. Services with preaching and singing continued every night daily [7 days a week] and we were always there. Our children would fall asleep on the floor at our feet when it was their bedtime. I would wait quietly until the evangelist would again extend the invitation to come forward for prayer. In beginning many men among them would gather round and pray with me. As the weeks went by with me never missing the call to come forward the number of men praying with me decreased until after about six weeks when I went forward to pray I was all alone except for the evangelist. I prayed anyway, talking to God asking Him to give me what my wife had received. Shortly the evangelist also left leaving me alone with God. Seeing that everyone had apparently given up on me, my wife walked up beside me and taking my hands in hers began to pray with me.

Then with her standing faithfully with me it happened. I felt a warmth seep through my entire being beginning at the top of my head and seeming to flow all the way down to my feet. As this happened the words I was speaking to God changed into another language unknown to me. I had studied languages some and knew both Spanish and German, but this was neither those nor was it any other language I remembering hearing before....

The end of those 6 weeks was really for me the second touch of Jesus. I could see then, I guess still through a glass darkly with the opening of my new "eyes to see". I did not recognize my Mother and my Father yet, but they were there and I was on my way toward that "then face to face" vision about which Apostle Paul had written. It is also embodied in the words of that old hymn, Amazing Grace": I was blind, but now I see" .

I thought I had been seeing when I was a boy expecting to become a priest, but I did not realize at that time how little I could see. I had not then realized that that... was only the "men as trees walking". God had an infinitely better promise... the ability to see the beautiful face through the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Praise His name! I did not have a clue as to what these things I experienced really meant at the time, but there was no doubting on my part as to their source. From then I began to grow as a child does with the help of loving parents [not the Oklahoma born parents of my carnal flesh] and proper nourishment. Within me is my part in the Kingdom of God growing and for so long as I allow it...

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20-21

His face do I seek! So what do I see now? What is a born again or from above person able to see. Without that vision is death... but Jesus did not bring death. He brought Life and more abundant Life at that.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've had dreams where I was walking right beside God and He was talking, but for some reason, I see Him out of the corner of my eye but never see what He actually looks like. That's odd.
STG, I'm sorry, our minds are extremely powerful, we hallucinate, delude ourselves, have egos, paranoias, we often dream about things that are heavy or constantly on our minds. How can you walk with the omnipresent God?
I don't mean to be harsh, but as you know, there are more delusions out there, than there are true epiphanies and Holy Spirit communication. If not, the Christian community would be much more powerful than it is now.
I just can't understand what walking with God means, so i must dismiss your dream as, just that, an imaginary dream.
But i hope, that God will speak to you, and expound the Gospel, the Atonement, how to deal with an atheist, or a contentious or wayward Christian, etc...

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one has seen the Kingdom, Christ words meant 'enter the Kingdom'.

Does it not say "except those born again"?

So, I'm not sure what type of answer that you're expecting, that is, the only response that anyone can offer will be derived from their imagination, and thus, dubious.

Not necessarily. I'm happy with some of the answers that have been provided.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always just figured these dreams (don't have them as much anymore) were this: I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.

And this from Job too: He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does it not say "except those born again"?

Same thing, only the saved will enter, and eventually, see the Kingdom.

Not necessarily. I'm happy with some of the answers that have been provided.
Well then, I stand to be corrected, ....I'm glad that others were ably to comply with your request, and that you receive some edification and practical Christian application from their insights...

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I always just figured these dreams (don't have them as much anymore) were this: I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
Be careful SBG, even atheists have dreams, radical, uncanny and insightful ones too. It's very hard to know what is from God, and what is just the power of the human mind.
If it's profound and edifying, and the insight gives Glory to God, then you may be on to something. Otherwise, ...?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful SBG, even atheists have dreams, radical, uncanny and insightful ones too. It's very hard to know what is from God, and what is just the power of the human mind.
If it's profound and edifying, and the insight gives Glory to God, then you may be on to something. Otherwise, ...?

Yes! Even unbelievers have dreams! Look at Pilates wife. Its amazing...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So its not the spirit you are testing but your opinion... Mankind is very testing, Just ask Jesus or God, that they can all attest to.

I wish that everyone had the Holy spirit as much as they all claim,
so if they dont how can they call themselves christians.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Joseph had a dream of warning to take Mary and Jesus and leave a town. And he had a dream telling him to take Mary as his wife.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes! Even unbelievers have dreams! Look at Pilates wife. Its amazing...
That was a profound revelation (especially at the time), in other words, it met the criteria that i mentioned.
This does not happen very often, ...you would agree?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So me or anyone else seeing Jesus or God is not OK even when we give them the Glory??? You havnt so we cant, is that how it goes...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And unbelievers have shared dreams of a. Falling from a great height and b. Standing completely naked in a large crowd of people. Its sort of...our beginning and our end, where a light so bright will shine on us that nothing will be hidden...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a profound revelation (especially at the time), in other words, it met the criteria that i mentioned.
This does not happen very often, ...you would agree?

I have no idea how rare it is that God gives dreams of warning to men. How would I know?

There are quite a few instances of it in the bible.

Reactions: marks

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So its not the spirit you are testing but your opinion... Mankind is very testing, Just ask Jesus or God, that they can all attest to.

so if they dont how can they call themselves christians.
I believe that Jesus Christ is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, the first-born from the dead, and the first-born of all creation, and that he is the only way to salvation and the Kingdom of Heaven.
I would think that, that conviction makes me a Christian.
If so, I assure you that I do not have the Holy Spirit in me, and never have, ...but i wish that I was humble and faithful enough to receive it, but i am just not.
And I have yet to meet a Christian either, face to face, or on this forum, that exudes such wisdom and grace that they can justifiable assert that they have the Holy Spirit in them too.
I'm not disparaging people, but just stating a demonstrable fact! I hope that you all receive true power and wisdom that truly, and undeniably, comes from the Holy Spirit, ...like in the book of Acts, ...otherwise, I don't want to hear about it.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And unbelievers have shared dreams of a. Falling from a great height and b. Standing completely naked in a large crowd of people. Its sort of...our beginning and our end, where a light so bright will shine on us that nothing will be hidden...
You're very creative.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Joseph had a dream of warning to take Mary and Jesus and leave a town. And he had a dream telling him to take Mary as his wife.
Eat too much late at night, and you, and everyone else, will have dreams too. It's that easy.