No one can see the Kingdom of God unless...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you see the Kingdom of God in your midst?

• Yes I can

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No I cant

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I dont understand the question

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The kingdom has not fully come in yet

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So me or anyone else seeing Jesus or God is not OK even when we give them the Glory??? You havnt so we cant, is that how it goes...
...I didn't see the glory in your experience, that's always been my point. It sounds like a figment of your imagination, because it was devoid of any Glory.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Jesus Christ is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, the first-born from the dead, and the first-born of all creation, and that he is the only way to salvation and the Kingdom of Heaven.
I would think that conviction makes a Christian.
If so, I assure you that I do not have the Holy Spirit in me, and never have, ...but i wish that I was humble and faithful enough to receive it, but i am just not.
And I have yet to meet a Christian either, face to face, or on this forum, that exudes such wisdom and grace that they can justifiable assert that they have the Holy Spirit in them too.
I'm not disparaging people, but just stating a demonstrable fact! I hope that you all receive true power and wisdom that truly, and undeniably, comes from the Holy Spirit, ...like in the book of Acts, ...otherwise, I don't want to hear about it.

I kind of understand you here. I get tired of hearing one thing from peoples mouths and seeing a totally different thing in the way they act. And I'm always left thinking, where is the power of God??

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have no idea how rare it is that God gives dreams of warning to men. How would I know?

There are quite a few instances of it in the bible.
What do you mean, how would you know, do you not know any Christians? Have there not seen enough of alleged epiphanies on this forum? Have you met anyone with enough wisdom yet, that would warrant inspiration from the Holy Spirit?
What does it take for you to know the difference between a frivolous and ordinary dream, than from a profound revelation from God?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that Jesus Christ is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, the first-born from the dead, and the first-born of all creation, and that he is the only way to salvation and the Kingdom of Heaven.
I would think that conviction makes a Christian.
If so, I assure you that I do not have the Holy Spirit in me, and never have, ...but i wish that I was humble and faithful enough to receive it, but i am just not.
And I have yet to meet a Christian either, face to face, or on this forum, that exudes such wisdom and grace that they can justifiable assert that they have the Holy Spirit in them too.
I'm not disparaging people, but just stating a demonstrable fact! I hope that you all receive true power and wisdom that truly, and undeniably, comes from the Holy Spirit, ...like in the book of Acts, ...otherwise, I don't want to hear about it.

So as I said before, you dont have it so no one else can, the sticking the fingers in the ears going. nah nah nah nah nah, there are a few on here have Have the Holy Spirit, you see it is the Gift that God gives to those whom believe, it is the Mark He places on His children the one that,

Rom_8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

And God keeps nothing from His children if they would but ask.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm creative? These are quite literally shared dreams. I had them too as an unbeliever.
You creative in applying a spiritual or theological spin to them. I wouldn't, personally, ..for that was quite the stretch.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am testing the spirit, in other words, not everyone who claims to have seen visions, have truly seen them.
I am testing your visions, and have concluded that yours are false.

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Colossians 2:18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions.

You refuse to answer critical questions about what you actually saw, and how they are actually physically possible.
You incriminate yourself, and disgrace God with such bogus epiphanies, ...and then you call me the troublemaker.
For even when you're confronted to justify your claims, you rebuttal with the quintessential charlatan remark, 'how do you know what I've seen?'
Shame on you!
Testing are you? And who are you my friend, based on your testing criteria, to render a final judgment against anyone else? The verses you cite advise us to test the spirits, but only by the Spirit of God in a person may that be correctly done. Is that really what you did?

If you doubt a man's testimony keep it to yourself until you really know it is wrong. Ultimately only God knows and anyone to whom He has revealed it. Do you always know the mind of God? Did God speak to you specifically about this testimony or had you already made up you mind when you saw that it did not meet your previously established requirements? The rightness or wrongness is not to be judged by the ways of men.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

You say the response of @mjrhealth disqualifies his testimony? But then let us ask of you the same question: How do we know what you have seen regarding his testimony? Your doctrine? Your church? Your Bible studies? Do you hear the voice of God?

So next I guess you will ask me that question and find my answer also displeases you or fails you meet with your established standards and then you will call it a "quintessential charlatan remark". You should heed carefully the words written by Solomon about there being a time to speak and a time to remain silent.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And unbelievers have shared dreams of a. Falling from a great height and b. Standing completely naked in a large crowd of people. Its sort of...our beginning and our end, where a light so bright will shine on us that nothing will be hidden...
Amen I had something similar, standing before my father butt naked, on the steps of a courthouse, ye thats how we are before God ,none of teh facades men create can hide there true selves from Him.

Thanks for reminding me.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You creative in applying a spiritual or theological spin to them. I wouldn't, personally, ..for that was quite the stretch.

Well, I find it a bit amazing that humans as a whole have shared dreams. It's not a stretch to me. Its a bit of an amazement to me.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So as I said before, you dont have it so no one else can, the sticking the fingers in the ears going. nah nah nah nah nah, there are a few on here have Have the Holy Spirit, you see it is the Gift that God gives to those whom believe, it is the Mark He places on His children the one that,

Rom_8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

And God keeps nothing from His children if they would but ask.
This whole time I have been waiting for you to prove it, and yet, after 5 - 10 posts, you've exuded nothing but just idle, clichéd talk.
You offered absolutely no proof whatsoever, that I should consider you to be nothing more than a Benny Hinn, or Creflo Dollar? I say thi for the sake of argument, ..but still?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I find it a bit amazing that humans as a whole have shared dreams. It's not a stretch to me. Its a bit of an amazement to me.
Will you please stop having dreams, shared or not, and start showing that you're endowed with something holy, by expounding on the scriptures?
For example, to this day, i still get stumped by atheists, and have a hard time explaining the atonement of Christ, in a rational manner that an unbeliever or believer can be edified.
Are any of your dreams able to help me with that?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This whole time I have been waiting for you to prove it, and yet, after 5 - 10 posts, you've exuded nothing but just idle, clichéd talk.
You offered absolutely no proof whatsoever, that I should consider you to be nothing more than a Benny Hinn, or Creflo Dollar? I say thi for the sake of argument, ..but still?
Proof. how can I pove a dream to anyone, why dont you do the same and see what response you get.. or if fear your friend. Would you like me to make a movie, and that wont be enough.

Luk_11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean, how would you know, do you not know any Christians? Have there not seen enough of alleged epiphanies on this forum? Have you met anyone with enough wisdom yet, that would warrant inspiration from the Holy Spirit?
What does it take for you to know the difference between a frivolous and ordinary dream, than from a profound revelation from God?

Yeah, I know a lot of Christians. They are the ones I was speaking of when I said I get tired of one thing from their mouths and another thing from their behavior.

And don't get me started on the friend who goes to a church (supposedly) where they call the preacher "the apostle." I asked her had she seen him raise the dead or heal the lame. She said no, so I asked then why they called him the apostle.

I want to see the power of God, but just because I don't doesn't make me think there is no power. It just makes me think we are the church in Rev that Jesus says is almost dead.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Testing are you? And who are you my friend, based on your testing criteria, to render a final judgment against anyone else? The verses you cite advise us to test the spirits, but only by the Spirit of God in a person may that be correctly done. Is that really what you did?

If you doubt a man's testimony keep it to yourself until you really know it is wrong. Ultimately only God knows and anyone to whom He has revealed it. Do you always know the mind of God? Did God speak to you specifically about this testimony or had you already made up you mind when you saw that it did not meet your previously established requirements? The rightness or wrongness is not to be judged by the ways of men.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

You say the response of @mjrhealth disqualifies his testimony? But then let us ask of you the same question: How do we know what you have seen regarding his testimony? Your doctrine? Your church? Your Bible studies? Do you hear the voice of God?

So next I guess you will ask me that question and find my answer also displeases you or fails you meet with your established standards and then you will call it a "quintessential charlatan remark". You should heed carefully the words written by Solomon about there being a time to speak and a time to remain silent.
Amadeus, I am a Christian, one that has accepted Christ as his Saviour, that is how I have the right to discern nonsense from wisdom, truth from falsehood, delusion from fact. Will you rebuke me from applying some common sense?
I am waiting for someone to have a true revelation or prophecy, where we all can be edified from it and Glorify God for it's wisdom, ...that, I will call divinely inspired.
But for the amount of times I've heard of inspiration, and the absolute nonsense that followed, would you prefer that I remain credulous, and worse, disgrace God by accepting this foolishness as being from the Holy Spirit?
This is the ramification, and why I appear vehement about it. Why give the enemy an opportunity to mock us and our God, with such pathetic wisdom and power?
I ask, were you impressed with his vision, were you inspired by it, or have you heard the same thing, in essence, a thousand times?

Reactions: marks

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Proof. how can I pove a dream to anyone, why dont you do the same and see what response you get.. or if fear your friend. Would you like me to make a movie, and that wont be enough.

Luk_11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
For the 5th time, tell me what God & Jesus looked like, for starters. And then, let the forum decide on how inspired that you were.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This was fine...until...

I would think that, that conviction makes me a Christian.
If so, I assure you that I do not have the Holy Spirit in me,

Then this contradiction. Why?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Base said he believes no one is born again until the receiving of our glorified bodies and friend of agreed.

I'm trying to grasp the thought but it's hard because I always have thought I was born again from above when I received the Holy Spirit...
Keep on seeking the first things. Don't be concerned because what you understand/see is not precisely the same as what any other believer understands/sees! We are not all to be the same part of the Body of Christ, nor are we all at exactly the same place on the highway of holiness... if we are on it. There are people who know more than we do as well as people who know less than we do about all these things. Remember these words spoken to Jesus?

"And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?" Luke 24:18

They were Jesus' disciples who presumably had walked with him in the flesh for more than 3 years. How long have we walked with Jesus in the flesh? Perhaps the right question to ask of ourselves is, "Am I ever walking in the Spirit with Jesus? If the answer would ever be, yes, then what would the point of even asking the other question?