No other President of the USA has gotten such acclaim by so many

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this the person you voted for and if so why-
?

Yes, I voted for him because Hillary is a traitor and should be treated as such. A firing squad should take care of that beast. Her crimes are numerous and her god is satan himself.

The koran is being taught in public schools of several states. Georgia, California and New Jersey to name a few.(probably not statewide) You can google it.

What is this country doing, walking around blindfolded? Bring Jesus back!!!! I pray for our POTUS everyday, the good Lord knows he needs it!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then find better professors. A class teaching about Christianity shouldnt be put off just because of the chance that a few of the teachers might be bad. Many children do not grow up in Christian households and such a class might be the only real solid exposure to understanding Christianity that they will ever recieve. It's very important that such a class is made.
Thank you friend.

It is not the governments responsibility to teach our society about Christianity. Where in scripture does it even SUGGEST that???

Who you think is a "better professor" to teach someone about Christianity I and 20 other people may think that person is horrible/biased choice.
Who I think is a "better professor" to teach someone about Christianity you and 20 other people may think that person is a horrible/biased choice.

Soooo who decides which is the "better professor"? You and your 20 OR me and my 20?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such an empty statement.

I just said a Christian cannot vote for a democrat today. Everything they stand for is non-Christian. How does that not reveal the persons heart?

Quantrill
What is it that they stand for that is non-Christian?

Scenario: You have two choices in the next election!!!

Democrat who does not follow the platform of their party and is Pro-Life.

Republican who does not follow the platform of their party and is Pro-Choice.

Who do you vote for?

Curious Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever remember a Bible being used in your religious education? I also was raised Catholic, but the first time I remember a Bible was on my CoE grandmother's bookshelf at her home. I wanted to take it down but I was scared to touch it. And scared to ask. I was 12. I remember catechisms of course...and missals, which we all had...but we never had a Bible in the home, and I never touched or read one until I was 24....oh, of course and a massive book in the pulpit at the local church...that may have been a Bible but we were never told so and as altar boys, never permitted to enter such a "sacred" place as a pulpit to find out.
No, the lessons were all taught by nuns and I have no recollection of a Bible ever being used. The priests at that time read a short passage from the Bible during the mass when they gave their sermon [if that is the right term here]. I understand that after Vatican II things changed considerably with all of the Bible being read in a 2 year period but that was after I was gone. I ceased being an active Catholic after graduating from high school in 1961. I was also an altar boy until then.

My mother always had a very large beautiful Bible lying open on a low table in our living room, but no one ever read it. I looked at the color pictures in it once in a while but I never read it. I did not own a Bible of my own until God called me to Him in 1976 [age 32]. That was when I started up with the UPC. They were very strong on reading and teaching the Bible. I learned to read the Bible through them.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The responsibility lays where it should lay; on the parents. Not the school!!! Trust me. Some of the professors I worked with you DO NOT want them teaching your kids ANYTHING about Christianity.

In the USA, Christianity is not taught in public schools.

Marymog, may I ask; what is your faith-?

:)-

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just said a Christian cannot vote for a democrat today. Everything they stand for is non-Christian. How does that not reveal the persons heart?

For the record, a woman’s right to chose whether she has a child is her choice alone to make unless the father steps in and voices his choice as well.

But then again, it is the mother’s choice; period

In my view of things :)-

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marymog

A society that openly acknowledges God will be blessed by God.

It is far more important that an elective course on Christianity exists than to worry about who's teaching it because it may be the only interaction non-Christian students may ever get with the gospel. The gospel is not a divisive concept among the majority of protestant Bible teachers. It simply implores us to look to Jesus for our salvation, and that by His life, sheeding of perfect blood unto death and then resurrection, we are absolved of our sin in Him. Non-christian students may never get the chance to hear this message properly without such a course.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog

A society that openly acknowledges God will be blessed by God.

It is far more important that an elective course on Christianity exists than to worry about who's teaching it because it may be the only interaction non-Christian students may ever get with the gospel. The gospel is not a divisive concept among the majority of protestant Bible teachers. It simply implores us to look to Jesus for our salvation, and that by His life, sheeding of perfect blood unto death and then resurrection, we are absolved of our sin in Him. Non-christian students may never get the chance to hear this message properly without such a course.
Hi Friend,

I have no problem with an elective course. The course is still open to abuse elective or non elective.

If 'the only interaction a non-Christian student may ever get with the gospel' has to come from a government employee in a elective course in High School or College then we as Christians are failing the youth in our society. If obtaining that knowledge from a government sponsored class was the first time a student ever heard the gospel, they have lived VERY sheltered life and I suspect a student that meets your narrow criteria is non-existent.

What you deem as a 'proper message' may be un-Biblical to one of your fellow 'protestant Bible teachers'. So who decides what is going to be taught in this government sponsored class? You and your proper message or the person you would say has a un-Biblical message? I say let a Catholic Priest teach it? Would you agree with that????

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Friend,

I have no problem with an elective course. The course is still open to abuse elective or non elective.

If 'the only interaction a non-Christian student may ever get with the gospel' has to come from a government employee in a elective course in High School or College then we as Christians are failing the youth in our society. If obtaining that knowledge from a government sponsored class was the first time a student ever heard the gospel, they have lived VERY sheltered life and I suspect a student that meets your narrow criteria is non-existent.

What you deem as a 'proper message' may be un-Biblical to one of your fellow 'protestant Bible teachers'. So who decides what is going to be taught in this government sponsored class? You and your proper message or the person you would say has a un-Biblical message? I say let a Catholic Priest teach it? Would you agree with that????

Mary
Except for the fact that "a Catholic priest", or even "the Pope", is no more than a mere man who has been hired by the organization to parrot the "Party Line." Contrary to Catholic hopes, none of them is "authorized" to interpret the Scriptures, any more than any other well-studied human being — of ANY denomination. Just looking at the history of the Catholic church will show that very clearly, hundreds, or even thousands, of times. They are just men, like any other men.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for the fact that "a Catholic priest", or even "the Pope", is no more than a mere man who has been hired by the organization to parrot the "Party Line." Contrary to Catholic hopes, none of them is "authorized" to interpret the Scriptures, any more than any other well-studied human being — of ANY denomination. Just looking at the history of the Catholic church will show that very clearly, hundreds, or even thousands, of times. They are just men, like any other men.
Hi Willie,

Who, according to you, is “authorized to interpret Scriptures”?

I at least said who I think should teach the course. All you have done is said who you think shouldn’t teach the course. Who, according to you, should teach a course on Christianity in a public school?

BTW.....Why are you jumping in on this conversation and ignoring me (once again) on the Shroud of Turin forum? Hmmmmm......

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it that they stand for that is non-Christian?

Scenario: You have two choices in the next election!!!

Democrat who does not follow the platform of their party and is Pro-Life.

Republican who does not follow the platform of their party and is Pro-Choice.

Who do you vote for?

Curious Mary

Why must I vote based on one issue? And who is the democrat running for president that is pro-life?

Quantrill

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For the record, a woman’s right to chose whether she has a child is her choice alone to make unless the father steps in and voices his choice as well.

But then again, it is the mother’s choice; period

In my view of things :)-

That's right. And what political party is trying to take God out of everything in this country? The democratic. It is a haven for atheist's, liberals, and leftist's.

No one has the 'right' to take another's life. The child in the woman is another life. It is not her life.

Well, your view of things is pretty sick.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Willie,

I at least said who I think should teach the course. All you have done is said who you think shouldn’t teach the course. Who, according to you, should teach a course on Christianity in a public school?

BTW.....Why are you jumping in on this conversation and ignoring me (once again) on the Shroud of Turin forum? Hmmmmm......

Mary
NO ONE should teach the course as stating that they somehow have a direct line of privileged communication to God. Both Catholicism and Protestantism are no more than interpretive beliefs of what ancient people wrote down. Unfortunately neither side (especially Catholics) can restrain themselves to that kind of presentation.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Willie,

Mary
I hardly look at that silly "Shroud" thread anymore. If you want me to see something you have written there, you need to PM me, and let me know what to look at, rather than claiming I am ignoring something I never even knew was written.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why must I vote based on one issue? And who is the democrat running for president that is pro-life?

Quantrill
Here you go again. Asking questions but not answering them. I thought you would be a changed man after your sabatical. :(

2nd request: What is it that they (the Democrates) stand for that is non-Christian?

You answer my question I will answer yours....;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hardly look at that silly "Shroud" thread anymore. If you want me to see something you have written there, you need to PM me, and let me know what to look at, rather than claiming I am ignoring something I never even knew was written.
Hmmmmm......I replied to your post. Wonder why you didn't get my reply???? You seem to respond to some of the other post that I reply to you on. Wonder how this one didn't quiet get to your inbox??? Weird.

Just to be clear what you are asking me to do: Anytime I have a response (a reply) to something you said I am not supposed to click on the reply button and reply? You want me to PM you?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO ONE should teach the course as stating that they somehow have a direct line of privileged communication to God. Both Catholicism and Protestantism are no more than interpretive beliefs of what ancient people wrote down. Unfortunately neither side (especially Catholics) can restrain themselves to that kind of presentation.
So your stance is there should not be a elective Christian history class in a High School or College?

You said "Contrary to Catholic hopes, none of them is "authorized" to interpret the Scriptures,...."

You made it clear that Catholics are not authorized to interpret scripture. Since you KNOW that Catholics are not authorized to interpret Scritpure then you MUST know who is authorized?

You dodged, as you usually do, the question: Who, according to you, is “authorized to interpret Scriptures”?

Or do i need to PM you on this???

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your stance is there should not be a elective Christian history class in a High School or College?

You said "Contrary to Catholic hopes, none of them is "authorized" to interpret the Scriptures,...."

You made it clear that Catholics are not authorized to interpret scripture. Since you KNOW that Catholics are not authorized to interpret Scritpure then you MUST know who is authorized?

You dodged, as you usually do, the question: Who, according to you, is “authorized to interpret Scriptures”?

Or do i need to PM you on this???
You just have to create your own little realties, don't you? I don't dodge questions, but if it is your determined insistence to keep on asking questions of people that are akin to, "Have you quit beating your spouse?", you are never going to learn how to have conversations with other people.

BTW, when you "quote" me, please quote the entire substance, instead of substituting an ellipsis (…) to try and make it look like I said something other than what I actually did.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmm......I replied to your post. Wonder why you didn't get my reply???? You seem to respond to some of the other post that I reply to you on. Wonder how this one didn't quiet get to your inbox??? Weird.

Just to be clear what you are asking me to do: Anytime I have a response (a reply) to something you said I am not supposed to click on the reply button and reply? You want me to PM you?

Mary
Yes, BEFORE you go claiming I am not answering you.