No other President of the USA has gotten such acclaim by so many

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. I think the curriculum should be to present Christianity from a historical point of view. It should be non-denominational. I get your concern though. This would be a subject that would be difficult to standardize because many teachers would likely inject their own denominational beliefs into their classes. Still, I think it's better than nothing really.
Great idea. Let’s let @brakelite teach the “historical point of view”!!!! That would be better than nothing.

The responsibility lays where it should lay; on the parents. Not the school!!! Trust me. Some of the professors I worked with you DO NOT want them teaching your kids ANYTHING about Christianity.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can any Christian cast a single vote for a democrat in the U.S. today? To do so would be to violate your faith in God and Christ.

Stranger
You look at the “D” or the “R” at the end of someone’s name. You don’t look at the persons character or the content of their heart?

That sounds fair....o_O

Mary

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The responsibility lays where it should lay; on the parents. Not the school!!! Trust me. Some of the professors I worked with you DO NOT want them teaching your kids ANYTHING about Christianity

Then find better professors. A class teaching about Christianity shouldnt be put off just because of the chance that a few of the teachers might be bad. Many children do not grow up in Christian households and such a class might be the only real solid exposure to understanding Christianity that they will ever recieve. It's very important that such a class is made.

Reactions: Willie T
B

brakelite

You are getting too academic. We are talking about a high school level course here, not a university PHD level study filled with Masters of Divinity scholars. Most of the concepts you listed could be covered briefly without entering the fray of ancient debates over the finer points of dogma
I wasn't meaning a lesson on the doctrines themselves, but a focus on how they were implemented and forced upon the church through creeds and threats of excommunication if not confessed.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do hope everyone realizes toooldtocare is an atheist.

His cartoons are straight out of radical democrat playbooks.

Don't hold me to it, but I don't think Too Old is an atheist myself. He seems way too sympathetic to the Christian faith in other posts. I think he's a believer, but just copy and pastes stuff like that because it sympathizes with his point of view on Trump.

Could be wrong, but if I am, please tell me how you know this.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I am opting out of the next presidential election. If my non vote is for Republican, great, I tend to lean that way. As far as what to think about President Trump, I agree with a lot of his views. His demeanor puts me on edge and the divided country has me on edge. Like 50/50. So if there is confusion involved, I want to get back to affirming that God is my king. I will trust whoever He appoints. If Jesus could vote, I don't think He would.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I am opting out of the next presidential election. If my non vote is for Republican, great, I tend to lean that way. As far as what to think about President Trump, I agree with a lot of his views. His demeanor puts me on edge and the divided country has me on edge. Like 50/50. So if there is confusion involved, I want to get back to affirming that God is my king.

If only more Christians felt that way, especially the ones who get really worked up over politics.
If Jesus could vote, I don't think He would.

I think our Lord is too busy determining who the next leaders of the various nations will be to be worrying too much about voting for one, LoL.

But I get your point. He's definitely not the biased type :), and if a nation deserves and wants an unjust leader, we need to let it be (if necessary) and be at peace about it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't hold me to it, but I don't think Too Old is an atheist myself. He seems way too sympathetic to the Christian faith in other posts. I think he's a believer, but just copy and pastes stuff like that because it sympathizes with his point of view on Trump.

Could be wrong, but if I am, please tell me how you know this.

In another post he called himself an agnostic as a second religion.

An agnostic is an atheist.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Atheist or Agnostic ...
Not quite the same...but neither are Christian believers.....because a believer one who has a believing relationship.
Atheist = a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God
Agnostic = a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.

So, either way..I agree with CoreIssues ...Tooldtocare is not a Christian with any belief in God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You look at the “D” or the “R” at the end of someone’s name. You don’t look at the persons character or the content of their heart?

That sounds fair....o_O

Mary

Such an empty statement.

I just said a Christian cannot vote for a democrat today. Everything they stand for is non-Christian. How does that not reveal the persons heart?

Quantrill

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I am opting out of the next presidential election. If my non vote is for Republican, great, I tend to lean that way. As far as what to think about President Trump, I agree with a lot of his views. His demeanor puts me on edge and the divided country has me on edge. Like 50/50. So if there is confusion involved, I want to get back to affirming that God is my king. I will trust whoever He appoints. If Jesus could vote, I don't think He would.

Don't make the mistake of not voting. That is exactly what the atheistic liberal left wants you to do.

You are mistaken saying 'if Jesus could vote, I don't think He would'. That is like saying, God will get saved who He wants so He doesn't need me to witness. Yes, God will have His way. That doesn't discount our responsibility to do our part.

Our country was created by God fearing Christian people. And it is being surrendered up today to the atheists. At least put up a fight.

Stranger

Reactions: Acolyte

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as it is a Catholic teaching the Bible studies..... I am ok with it........;)

I think @Willie T and @Bygrace will “like” that. ;)

Having fun....Mary
I assume you are just hoping to be "cute" with that, but I really do believe the proponents of each denomination should be the ones to do any instructing about their own denominations.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, while the principle of Bible education is great, and I would go along with it 150%, I would ask one question with regards the proposal of teaching it in state schools. Who will do the teaching?
In my school days we said what denomination that we were and a preacher would come of that faith and we went to that class and they teach that class. and they were teaching from the Bible.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my school days we said what denomination that we were and a preacher would come of that faith and we went to that class and they teach that class. and they were teaching from the Bible.
In my public elementary school [in California from 1949-1957], one day a week we had what was called "religious release". Each church group or denomination could arrange to walk children of their persuasion [with the parents permission] to their own building/church to teach them according to what they believed. I was at the time Catholic, so I would go with the nuns for instruction according to our age level. This continued through the 8th grade [about age 13].
Their was a contingent of Mormons and a few oriental children belonging to eastern religions too small in number I guess to have a religious program so they remained at the school and had a period of supervised free time. I don't recall any children not going because they or their parents were atheists.

Reactions: Acolyte
B

brakelite

In my public elementary school [in California from 1949-1957], one day a week we had what was called "religious release". Each church group or denomination could arrange to walk children of their persuasion [with the parents permission] to their own building/church to teach them according to what they believed. I was at the time Catholic, so I would go with the nuns for instruction according to our age level. This continued through the 8th grade [about age 13].
Their was a contingent of Mormons and a few oriental children belonging to eastern religions too small in number I guess to have a religious program so they remained at the school and had a period of supervised free time. I don't recall any children not going because they or their parents were atheists.
Do you ever remember a Bible being used in your religious education? I also was raised Catholic, but the first time I remember a Bible was on my CoE grandmother's bookshelf at her home. I wanted to take it down but I was scared to touch it. And scared to ask. I was 12. I remember catechisms of course...and missals, which we all had...but we never had a Bible in the home, and I never touched or read one until I was 24....oh, of course and a massive book in the pulpit at the local church...that may have been a Bible but we were never told so and as altar boys, never permitted to enter such a "sacred" place as a pulpit to find out.