No other President of the USA has gotten such acclaim by so many

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In my public elementary school [in California from 1949-1957], one day a week we had what was called "religious release". Each church group or denomination could arrange to walk children of their persuasion [with the parents permission] to their own building/church to teach them according to what they believed. I was at the time Catholic, so I would go with the nuns for instruction according to our age level. This continued through the 8th grade [about age 13].
Their was a contingent of Mormons and a few oriental children belonging to eastern religions too small in number I guess to have a religious program so they remained at the school and had a period of supervised free time. I don't recall any children not going because they or their parents were atheists.
The same here.
I never came across any one who was an atheist in my school days.
When people started claiming they were atheist was around 1990's and then they started strutting around in about 2000 and from 2010 on they became very dominating and even when one goes on jury duty, one does not have to swear on the Bible any more from about 2010, so I have seen idiots come up who just should not be on the Jury because they do not understand the gravity of the situation.

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here you go again. Asking questions but not answering them. I thought you would be a changed man after your sabatical. :(

2nd request: What is it that they (the Democrates) stand for that is non-Christian?

You answer my question I will answer yours....;)

What sabatical?

You created a scenario and then gave me a question based on it. But your scenario is wrong. Which means my answer would be wrong.

Democrats stand for everything non-Christian. From which party does any removal of God or the Bible or prayer come from? I will answer for you. The Democratic Party. Why? As I said, it is full of atheists, leftists, and liberals.

This is why I say your scenario is so wrong. It is never just a one issue. It is the atheistic liberal world view of the Democrats that dominate their thinking. Thus I could never vote for a Democrat for the system of power he represents and then executes. Even if you could find a Christian Democrat, I would not vote for him for that reason.

Stranger

Reactions: Taken and Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same here.
I never came across any one who was an atheist in my school days.
When people started claiming they were atheist was around 1990's and then they started strutting around in about 2000 and from 2010 on they became very dominating and even when one goes on jury duty, one does not have to swear on the Bible any more from about 2010, so I have seen idiots come up who just should not be on the Jury because they do not understand the gravity of the situation.
My first encounter with atheists was not of the harder nosed variety which seems to abound today... but hard enough. When I was released from active military duty in 1966 I entered a Junior College in California and took a basic philosophy course. Two young men in that class befriended me taking this still very shy naive fellow under their wing while leading in that philosophy class in the attack against a young Catholic student who sincerely tried to stand on his beliefs during God versus godless discussions. The Catholic was right in what he said and I knew it but he had not the words to speak against my friends in spite of his faith [yes, he was sincere in his beliefs]. He was not up to the challenge in that kind of a debate and I could not even speak on one side or the other of the issue. I listened and learned. The atheists on the surface won the battles in that classroom and yet they were my best friends at the time. God was not out of my picture but neither was He my leader.

It took me a long time to come to a faith in God and an ability to speak what I thought to be right. It did not get started until God began calling me back in to Him in 1976. On the other hand both of my two atheist friends had fallen very hard from the places they had been within a few years. They had bet on the wrong horse.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What sabatical?

Democrats stand for everything non-Christian. From which party does any removal of God or the Bible or prayer come from? I will answer for you. The Democratic Party. Why? As I said, it is full of atheists, leftists, and liberals.

Stranger
The Democratic party has decided to remove God, The Bible and prayer from WHAT?

I read they want to remove "so help me God" from their Oath. What if a person being sworn in is an atheist? You want to FORCE them to swear an Oath to God? Even if they did, as an atheist, swear an Oath to God, would you believe them?

Mary

PS...about the sabbatical comment...You didn't post for several months....I asked you about it...Remember???

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I read they want to remove "so help me God" from their Oath. What if a person being sworn in is an atheist? You want to FORCE them to swear an Oath to God? Even if they did, as an atheist, swear an Oath to God, would you believe them?

Mary

PS...about the sabbatical comment...You didn't post for several months....I asked you about it...Remember???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To educate. It was a huge point of contention and strife within the 2012 DNC.
I agree, it was.

Just to be clear I lean libertarian/conservative republican; pro-life, pro-gun, limited regulation, limited welfare etc. etc.

This conversation started when Stranger said:

How can any Christian cast a single vote for a democrat in the U.S. today? To do so would be to violate your faith in God and Christ.

Since that seems like such a blanket statement I responded by asking/saying:

You look at the “D” or the “R” at the end of someone’s name. You don’t look at the persons character or the content of their heart?

Do you think I am being unreasonable?

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, it was.

Just to be clear I lean libertarian/conservative republican; pro-life, pro-gun, limited regulation, limited welfare etc. etc.

This conversation started when Stranger said:

How can any Christian cast a single vote for a democrat in the U.S. today? To do so would be to violate your faith in God and Christ.

Since that seems like such a blanket statement I responded by asking/saying:

You look at the “D” or the “R” at the end of someone’s name. You don’t look at the persons character or the content of their heart?

Do you think I am being unreasonable?

Mary
Well, to begin with, none of us knows the content of another's heart. And if we looked at our esoteric evaluation of another person's character, we would eliminate a good portion of the leaders in our Bibles as being of "bad character." So, we are kind of stuck evaluating candidates by what the entire Party claims they believe or follow.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, to begin with, none of us knows the content of another's heart. And if we looked at our esoteric evaluation of another person's character, we would eliminate a good portion of the leaders in our Bibles as being of "bad character." So, we are kind of stuck evaluating candidates by what the entire Party claims they believe or follow.
Thank you Willie.

True, we do not KNOW the content of another's heart. However, their actions/political stances can strongly suggest the content of their heart. Mother Tersea, Pierre Toussaint, Paul G. Allen etc. etc. for example. If a Democrat is Pro-Life practicing Christian who does charitable work, does that not show the content of their heart? Just because their Party is Pro-Abortion does that disqualify them and we shouldn't vote for them?

Which "leaders in our Bible" are you speaking of?

Using your theory that we are stuck evaluating candidates by what the entire Party claims means we should evaluate Republicans that are Pro-abortion as being good in character because their Party is Pro-Life? You stop looking at the individual and only look at the party?

Curious Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary

I already told you. Whenever God is removed from anywhere in the public, it is at the behest of Democrats. It is not at the behest of Republicans, where your Christians are found. Whether it by the 10 commandments placed somewhere, or the name of God removed off some plaque or now, from an oath. It is always the Democrats that motivate this. Because their party is characterized by atheists, leftists, and liberals.

If a person is an atheist, then they need to put their hand on the Bible and swear anyway. If they are really an atheist, what do they care. It doesn't matter if I believe them or not. It matters that we as a people are looking to God, and making the person responsible to God.

But of course , this bothers the God hating, non-believing democrats. Too bad.

No, I don't remember.

Quantrill

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Willie.

True, we do not KNOW the content of another's heart. However, their actions/political stances can strongly suggest the content of their heart. Mother Tersea, Pierre Toussaint, Paul G. Allen etc. etc. for example. If a Democrat is Pro-Life practicing Christian who does charitable work, does that not show the content of their heart? Just because their Party is Pro-Abortion does that disqualify them and we shouldn't vote for them?

Which "leaders in our Bible" are you speaking of?

Using your theory that we are stuck evaluating candidates by what the entire Party claims means we should evaluate Republicans that are Pro-abortion as being good in character because their Party is Pro-Life? You stop looking at the individual and only look at the party?

Curious Mary
I think the Party Platform, above all, shows which way the leadership is going to lean.
Should I "be vile", as you put it, (LOL) and speak of your knowledge of the actions of all sorts of leaders in the Bible? Sampson is a good one. I could be wrong, but I think he shacked up with a whore, and killed people to steal their clothes to pay off a bet. Then there were Moses, David, and Paul who murdered people. David even committed adultery with the wife of his victim. Jonah flatly refused to do what God asked. Abraham repeatedly lied to save his skin. We all now die because of what Adam did. Joseph strutted around, openly bragging about ruling over his parents and brothers. Peter was REALLY a shining example of Christianity, trying to kill Mallkus, then denying he even knew Christ. Jacob was no pillar of virtue... he lied and deceived just about everyone he knew.
And the list could go on and on.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already told you. Whenever God is removed from anywhere in the public, it is at the behest of Democrats. It is not at the behest of Republicans, where your Christians are found. Whether it by the 10 commandments placed somewhere, or the name of God removed off some plaque or now, from an oath. It is always the Democrats that motivate this. Because their party is characterized by atheists, leftists, and liberals.

If a person is an atheist, then they need to put their hand on the Bible and swear anyway. If they are really an atheist, what do they care. It doesn't matter if I believe them or not. It matters that we as a people are looking to God, and making the person responsible to God.

But of course , this bothers the God hating, non-believing democrats. Too bad.

No, I don't remember.

Quantrill
Hi Stranger,

You and I are not enemies here. I lean libertarian/conservative republican; pro-life, pro-gun, anti-slavery, limited regulation, limited welfare etc. etc. I think we are generally on the same page but you are making blanket statements. To say that the Republican party is where the Christians are found is a blanket statement. There are many good Christians in the democratic party. Sadly the democratic party is being taken over by the minority; atheists, leftists, and radicals. I suspect that will push the middle of the road Democrats to vote Republican.....Which is a good thing. What do you think of that scenario?

You said if a person is an atheist then they need to put their hand on the Bible and swear anyway. Do you really want that? You want to erase the words "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" in the 1st Amendment?

Sabbatical Post #105 and 106: Lessons for historical Mary

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the Party Platform, above all, shows which way the leadership is going to lean.
Should I "be vile", as you put it, (LOL) and speak of your knowledge of the actions of all sorts of leaders in the Bible? Sampson is a good one. I could be wrong, but I think he shacked up with a whore, and killed people to steal their clothes to pay off a bet. Then there were Moses, David, and Paul who murdered people. David even committed adultery with the wife of his victim. Jonah flatly refused to do what God asked. Abraham repeatedly lied to save his skin. We all now die because of what Adam did. Joseph strutted around, openly bragging about ruling over his parents and brothers. Peter was REALLY a shining example of Christianity, trying to kill Mallkus, then denying he even knew Christ. Jacob was no pillar of virtue... he lied and deceived just about everyone he knew.
And the list could go on and on.
Thank you for not being vile. :)

Based on Strangers statements I said to and asked Stranger: You look at the “D” or the “R” at the end of someone’s name. You don’t look at the persons character or the content of their heart?

Using your excellent examples of Biblical leaders with bad character if a Republican was one of those Biblical leaders, @Stranger would vote for them. He would not look at their character; only the "R" behind their name.

At least that is what I have surmised from his statements.....I'm probably reading to much into it.

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stranger,

You and I are not enemies here. I lean libertarian/conservative republican; pro-life, pro-gun, anti-slavery, limited regulation, limited welfare etc. etc. I think we are generally on the same page but you are making blanket statements. To say that the Republican party is where the Christians are found is a blanket statement. There are many good Christians in the democratic party. Sadly the democratic party is being taken over by the minority; atheists, leftists, and radicals. I suspect that will push the middle of the road Democrats to vote Republican.....Which is a good thing. What do you think of that scenario?

You said if a person is an atheist then they need to put their hand on the Bible and swear anyway. Do you really want that? You want to erase the words "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" in the 1st Amendment?

Sabbatical Post #105 and 106: Lessons for historical Mary

Mary

You say there are many good Christians in the democratic party. How can they be 'good' and stay in the democratic party?

Yes, that is exactly what I want. We were a Christian nation who recognized the Bible as the Word of God. Thus our public servants were required to fear God and His Word. And any public demonstration was based upon the fear of God and His Word. So the atheists need to know that is the country they live in. If you don't like it, leave it.

How is this changing anything of the 1st amendment? Your edited quote speaks against you.

Quantrill

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for not being vile. :)

Based on Strangers statements I said to and asked Stranger: You look at the “D” or the “R” at the end of someone’s name. You don’t look at the persons character or the content of their heart?

Using your excellent examples of Biblical leaders with bad character if a Republican was one of those Biblical leaders, @Stranger would vote for them. He would not look at their character; only the "R" behind their name.

At least that is what I have surmised from his statements.....I'm probably reading to much into it.

Mary

No, you are reading correctly. Because if I put a democrat in a place of power, I empower the atheistic, liberal, left. If I put a republican in power, I empower the conservative, Christian, right.

Their, the democrats, character is in question at the start, as they belong to the democratic party.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say there are many good Christians in the democratic party. How can they be 'good' and stay in the democratic party?

Yes, that is exactly what I want. We were a Christian nation who recognized the Bible as the Word of God. Thus our public servants were required to fear God and His Word. And any public demonstration was based upon the fear of God and His Word. So the atheists need to know that is the country they live in. If you don't like it, leave it.

How is this changing anything of the 1st amendment? Your edited quote speaks against you.

Quantrill
If a democrat votes against what you deem to be the un-Christian policies of their platform (taking God out of oath etc.) why are they bad if they stay in the party? As an individual they still have good character and morale's.

Seriously??? You want to erase the words "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" from the 1st Amendment? There are some countries that have a State religion. Which one would you move to?

State religion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are reading correctly. Because if I put a democrat in a place of power, I empower the atheistic, liberal, left. If I put a republican in power, I empower the conservative, Christian, right.

Their, the democrats, character is in question at the start, as they belong to the democratic party.

Stranger
Thank you for that clarification. Like I said and you clarified, you don't look at the person you look at the organization they belong to. According to your theory that means that all crooked Police Officers that belong to the Fraternal Order of Police are really not bad cops since they belong to a good organization.

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a democrat votes against what you deem to be the un-Christian policies of their platform (taking God out of oath etc.) why are they bad if they stay in the party? As an individual they still have good character and morale's.

Seriously??? You want to erase the words "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" from the 1st Amendment? There are some countries that have a State religion. Which one would you move to?

State religion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've already told you why. The democratic party is home to atheists, liberals, and leftists. I don't care how good their character maybe. They belong to a party that is anti-christian.

Is atheism a religion? There is no prohibiting the free exercise of any religion. There is recognition that we as a country and people are Christian and trust in God.

I like it here in this country which is founded on the Christian faith. Why should I move?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for that clarification. Like I said and you clarified, you don't look at the person you look at the organization they belong to. According to your theory that means that all crooked Police Officers that belong to the Fraternal Order of Police are really not bad cops since they belong to a good organization.

Mary

Not so. It is what the police stand for that calls for me to support the police. There are bad cops, but the system they belong to is good. Thus the democratic party is a system that is anti-Christian. So I do not support it by not voting for anyone democratic, no matter how good they may be.

You're going to have to dream up another scenario.

Stranger

Reactions: Willie T