No Safety In Mount Zion During Tribulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Anyone can pull a few verses from Scripture and make it say just about anything. That's what some here have been doing with the false idea of safety in Jerusalem for during the tribulation, quoting from OT Scripture like Jeremiah 33:14-16.

In Luke 21:21, our Lord Jesus specifically warned for His saints to get out of Judea during the tribulation timing, and, for those dwelling in the countries to not enter in during that time. Preaching the opposite of that is heresay against Christ Jesus.

If the Jeremiah 33 Scripture is covered line upon line, it becomes much harder to pull a few verses out to make it say something totally different than what's written. The proper interpretation becomes easy...

Jer 33:4-18
4 For thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, concerning the houses of this city, and concerning the houses of the kings of Judah, which are thrown down by the mounts, and by the sword;
5 They come to fight with the Chaldeans, but it is to fill them with the dead bodies of men, whom I have slain in Mine anger and in My fury, and for all whose wickedness I have hid My face from this city.

The LORD was giving this to His prophet Jeremiah while he was in prison in Jerusalem for prophesying to the house of Judah about God bringing destruction there by the king of Babylon Nebuchadnezzar. That's who the Chaldeans are there. God had already removed all the ten tribes of the house of Israel captive to Assyria and the lands of the Medes by that time. Only the three tribed house of Judah was there in Judea when God was bringing the king of Babylon upon them to take them captive to Babylon for 70 years. They like the ten tribes, had fallen into paganism like the ten tribes had done. And now God was punishing the house of Judah at Judea for doing the same.

6 Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.
7 And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.

Then The LORD gives Jeremiah an opposite type of prophecy about Judah and to Israel. God promises He will eventually bring Judah and Israel back in captivity to Himself, and will build them again as at the first. That means restoration of the whole nation of Israel, of both the house of Judah (3 tribes), and the house of Israel (ten lost tribes). THAT has yet to happen to this day. So there's a time marker for us.

8 And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against Me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against Me.
9 And it shall be to Me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.

The LORD continues this prophecy of the restoration of His Israel as at the first. He promises to cleanse them from ALL their iniquity they have sinned against Him, and He will pardon them. Then Jerusalem will be to God a name of joy, and a praise and an honor before the nations of the earth. That's more time markers given for us.

The house of Judah has not yet been cleansed of iniquity today, for the majority of them still refuse The New Covenant Jesus Christ. Instead, the Jews plan to build another temple in Jerusalem today, and start up the Old Covenant worship again which include animal sacrifices. So when will The Father through His Son cleanse them? AFTER Christ's return and gathering of both houses to Himself, that's when. That's when Jerusalem and God's people will be made a joy, and Jerusalem a praise to all nations, because Christ will be there reigning on the earth. That's Milennium "thousand years" timing of Christ reigning with His elect kings and priests in Jerusalem (Rev.20). It's set for AFTER the tribulation, not before, and not during.

10 Thus saith the LORD; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast,
11 The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.
12 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Again in this place, which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down.
13 In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the south, and in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, shall the flocks pass again under the hands of him that telleth them, saith the LORD.

The LORD continues His promise to redeem the holy lands and Jerusalem and Judea and Judah (i.e., house of Judah, which includes tribes of Benjamin and Levi with Judah). Most of the Jews today are still enemies of those of us in Christ Jesus, so you know this won't happen during the tribulation either, but after the tribulation when Christ returns to gather us.

14 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.
15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.
17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before Me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.
(KJV)

NOW apply when those days are to happen, because that Branch of Righteousness is a pointer to our Lord Jesus Christ having returned. When does Christ execute judgment and righteous in the holy land? It certainly was not at His first coming, for unbelieving Judah had Him crucified. It's when Christ will take His reign over all nations upon the earth at His return, His second coming. That is for AFTER the great tribulation, not during it and not before it.

How can I be sure that Branch name is a pointer for our Lord Jesus Christ? It's because it was given in other Scripture also...

Isa 11:1-6
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

That Branch is about our Lord Jesus Christ, a descendent of the house of David, the son of Jesse. The seven spirits of God dwell upon Jesus Christ The Saviour.

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
(KJV)

When will Christ Jesus judge the poor and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth? When will He smite the earth with the rod of His mouth and slay the wicked? Today? Nope. At His second coming all that will begin, and His return is for AFTER the tribulation like He said in Matthew 24. That's Milennium timing, Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20 with His elect kings and priests. It's still expecting today.

Jer 23:5-6
5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
(KJV)

There's a very specific pointer to Christ Jesus as that Branch from king David. At His return is when He will do that, AND THAT'S WHEN JUDAH AND ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED AND DWELL SAFELY. Then Christ's Title of "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" is given to make clear that's Who that Branch is about.

Reactions: tomwebster

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
So where are falsehoods that there's going to be protection for Christ's saints in Jerusalem during the tribulation really coming from?

It's coming from the deceived, and from the false prophets they listen to that are preparing the whole world to wrongly accept the coming Antichrist that is to appear in Jerusalem for the great tribualtion timing.

There will be protection for those who agree to bow in false worship to that false messiah/antichrist that's coming to Jerusalem in our near future. That's exactly what antichrist's plan is for Jerusalem in our near future, to deceive as many of God's people into bowing to him in place of our Lord Jesus Who returns later to destroy that wicked one with the brightness of His coming (2 Thess.2).

Apostle Paul called that event the "strong delusion" in 2 Thessalonians 2. This is why deceived Jews especially are petitioning the nations, and Christian Churches, to join in with them to support the building of another temple in Jerusalem, and start up Old Covenant sacrificial worship again. Apparently, The LORD has ordained those deceived of our brother Judah to that strong delusion, for refusing our Lord Jesus Christ The New Covenant. The Jews in Jerusalem already have the materials to build another temple in Jerusalem. And Islamic clerics and Christian ministers are being persuaded to accept it. Some Christian ministers have already actively participated in helping those unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem with heifers for sacrifice (Jesus, Inc. in 1997, a company founded by a Christian minister in the state of Tennessee, USA).

But we in Christ Jesus are not to take part in that, even as the majority of the world does, even though we become singled out by them for not joining in that future abomination. That "strong delusion" lesson God is bringing upon them in Jerusalem in our near future is not meant for the Body of Christ.

So what is your Church preaching about this today? Are you being told to get ready to go to Jerusalem when the great tribulation begins, in order to dwell there in safety? If you do, you'll be jumping right into the fire of the Antichrist's lair, for that's where the antichrist-false messiah is coming to setup his abomination idol image of the beast per Revelation 13.

Apparently, there's going to be some of the Body of Christ that simply won't listen to His warnings about Jerusalem just prior to His return there. Those fit our Lord's five foolish virgins prophecy of Matthew 25. And what will Christ Jesus do with those when He does return? Like He said in Matt.25, He will close the door on them and tell them He never knew them.

Reactions: tomwebster