Non-denominational Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's an old Curtis cartoon in which a church lady comes to the pastor complaining about the kids coming to church in jeans and insisting he implement a dress code. The pastor responds, "I'm sorry, I must've missed that day in Theology class".

"What day?"

"The day that they taught I must alienate all the youth and condemn my church to a slow death by stagnation."

Billingsly (the author) doesn't often portray the pastor character in the best light, but I thought this response was brilliant.
If I can find that cartoon, I'll post it.
that about says it all

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
people are fleeing the traditional church in groves and fall the need to start these non denomination churches.

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Pax et Bonum!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are treated as deceivers and yet are truthful;

as unrecognized and yet acknowledged; as dying and behold we live

Pax et Bonum!
who are we?

It does not matter what church you are. if you teach the gospel. your winning people to Christ. where 2 or 3 are gathered...

The issue with many churches is they have lost their way. TImes have changed. yet the church wants to stay the same

its not the message that is the problem, it is how they do things..

the message never changes.. But as paul said, we must be all things to all people. Paul did not do everything the same at every place.. And he did things different even between jew and gentile..

Reactions: Wrangler and Pearl

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember growing up as a kid and a visitor coming to church in Jeans, he was harassed by the deacons, and finally told to leave by the pastor.

It saddens me to think that person may not come to Christ because of the legalism of the church.

I had a similar experience, only the guy was wearing shorts on a very hot day. The priest argued loudly with him, then threw him out.

Cleanliness before godliness, I suppose. If I were either of these guys, I would not go to either church denomination again.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had a similar experience, only the guy was wearing shorts on a very hot day. The priest argued loudly with him, then threw him out.

Cleanliness before godliness, I suppose. If I were either of these guys, I would not go to either church denomination again.
Our leaders wear shorts when it is hot and informal clothes at other times. The one guy who ever wore a suit died last month.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A friend of mine invited me into a non-denominational church. I’ve never been in any other churches except Eastern Orthodox and Catholic, so this is a first for me.
I checked out their website and they have music, like a band type of music, they have some theater-type plays and they dress in regular clothes with jeans and stuff.
It looks like they have no communion, no incense, no icons and who knows what else.
Any tips I should be aware of as a first-timer?

Thanks.

It won't be "high church" like your used to. But if the focus is on Christ Jesus and not men then it can be uplifting.

Non-denominational does not mean tolerance of false doctrine and lifestyles, But rather to focus on Christ rather than men. Some of the Non-denominational churches are more about putting on a show however, Than on Christ so be wary of these. (Seeker sensitive/emergent church types).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 10:16 one shepherd one church all others are sects of tradition of men teaching errors