'None other Name'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'If we this day be examined
.. of the good deed done to the impotent man,
.... by what means he is made whole;
Be it known unto you all,
.. and to all the people of Israel,
.... that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
...... whom ye crucified,
........ Whom God raised from the dead,
.......... even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders,
.. which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other:
for there is none other name under heaven
given among men, whereby we must be saved.'

(Act 4:9-12)

Hello there,

I don't quite know how to put my thoughts into words here, but living in the UK, over my lifetime, little by little, other faiths within this 'Christian' country, have gained ground: and more and more, especially at times of calamity, such as a terrorist attack, when people have been killed and injured from this country and abroad, there has been a uniting of faiths in a demonstration of solidarity against the perpetrators; and representatives of all faiths have gathered to pray in a ceremony to remember those who have died or suffered injury during the attack. Standing side by side, with equal status, as men of faith, though they do not acknowledge the Lord Jesus Christ as God's Son.

* Though I can understand why, for the sake of peace within mixed communities at home and abroad, this united front should be formed and maintained: I am aware that, what was very much a 'Christian' country is now not so. The Christian faith appears to have been lowered to the status of one of many faiths, rather than upholding the one true faith, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. The Queen, as Sovereign Governor of the Church of England, is the defender of 'The Faith' in this country: but now I believe the wording has been altered to make it the defender of faith, regardless of what faith that may be.

* During the end time, when the nations will be judged, some will feign obedience to the Messiah: and when the thousand years are ended Satan will be released and will go out and deceive the nations, and bring them to battle against Jerusalem (Revelation 20:7-9) and they will be destroyed by fire from God. I don't want this country to be among them.

* When 9/11 took place, and a service of remembrance was hosted by the then President, Mr George Bush, containing members of different faiths: when he read from Romans 8, he read every word but the final vital six - highlighted below:-

' ... ... For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life,
nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers,
nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.'

* When we for the sake of peace, and harmony, have to deny our Lord in this way, and give place to the lie, in whatever form it comes: we hand our nations over to the enemy of our souls, and condemn them to the possibility of future judgment and annihilation.

* There is none other name, under heaven, given among men, whereby we must be saved: that name is The Lord Jesus Christ; now risen and glorified. He will come to judge the nations when He returns. Will our countries be ready? Will they bow to the King of glory in sincerity, or will they feign obedience and suffer the consequences.?

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'If we this day be examined
.. of the good deed done to the impotent man,
.... by what means he is made whole;
Be it known unto you all,
.. and to all the people of Israel,
.... that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
...... whom ye crucified,
........ Whom God raised from the dead,
.......... even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders,
.. which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other:
for there is none other name under heaven
given among men, whereby we must be saved.'

(Act 4:9-12)

Hello there,

I don't quite know how to put my thoughts into words here, but living in the UK, over my lifetime, little by little, other faiths within this 'Christian' country, have gained ground: and more and more, especially at times of calamity, such as a terrorist attack, when people have been killed and injured from this country and abroad, there has been a uniting of faiths in a demonstration of solidarity against the perpetrators; and representatives of all faiths have gathered to pray in a ceremony to remember those who have died or suffered injury during the attack. Standing side by side, with equal status, as men of faith, though they do not acknowledge the Lord Jesus Christ as God's Son.

* Though I can understand why, for the sake of peace within mixed communities at home and abroad, this united front should be formed and maintained: I am aware that, what was very much a 'Christian' country is now not so. The Christian faith appears to have been lowered to the status of one of many faiths, rather than upholding the one true faith, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. The Queen, as Sovereign Governor of the Church of England, is the defender of 'The Faith' in this country: but now I believe the wording has been altered to make it the defender of faith, regardless of what faith that may be.

* During the end time, when the nations will be judged, some will feign obedience to the Messiah: and when the thousand years are ended Satan will be released and will go out and deceive the nations, and bring them to battle against Jerusalem (Revelation 20:7-9) and they will be destroyed by fire from God. I don't want this country to be among them.

* When 9/11 took place, and a service of remembrance was hosted by the then President, Mr George Bush, containing members of different faiths: when he read from Romans 8, he read every word but the final vital six - highlighted below:-

' ... ... For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life,
nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers,
nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.'

* When we for the sake of peace, and harmony, have to deny our Lord in this way, and give place to the lie, in whatever form it comes: we hand our nations over to the enemy of our souls, and condemn them to the possibility of future judgment and annihilation.

* There is none other name, under heaven, given among men, whereby we must be saved: that name is The Lord Jesus Christ; now risen and glorified. He will come to judge the nations when He returns. Will our countries be ready? Will they bow to the King of glory in sincerity, or will they feign obedience and suffer the consequences.?

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

its disappointing and can be disheartening for those who love their country. the same is prevalent in the US of A. but its also God's will.

if scripture says it will happen then its of God's Word therefore His desire is the fulfillment of His Word.

its been said news wise that there is a treaty in the works between Israel and the Arab (not Persian such as Iran) nations a preliminary verbal agreement yet to be finalized and signed which includes embassies and ambassadors. which would be the first step to getting the temple built.
which brings things closer to the conclusion of Christ's return.

Israel was a people not a nation for over 1900 yr's and now in the past 72 yr's it a nation. it obvious that the Lord God's attention is more and more towards Israel then the gentile nations in which case without God's influences as was in the past the nations will fallow their own ways like a dog that returns to its vomit. pagan ideas and beliefs that were held at bay are now back in vogue right?

Israel as a nation has yet to acknowledge Christ, but when they do, the jig is up.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what did the apostle Peter say also on the day of Pentecost? Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation." some from all nations will be saved, Revelation 21:23 "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."
Revelation 21:24 "And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it."

so there is hope for people, "And the nations of them which are saved", NOT WHOLE NATIONS, BUT THEM OF NATIONS THAT ARE SAVED, SO THE APOSTLE PETER WAS CORRECT, in saying, "Save yourselves from this untoward generation."

as it has been said, "its disappointing and can be disheartening for those who love their country. the same is prevalent in the US of A. but its also God's will".

so WORK OUT your own soul salvation.

PICJAG.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
its disappointing and can be disheartening for those who love their country. the same is prevalent in the US of A. but its also God's will.

if scripture says it will happen then its of God's Word therefore His desire is the fulfillment of His Word.

its been said news wise that there is a treaty in the works between Israel and the Arab (not Persian such as Iran) nations a preliminary verbal agreement yet to be finalized and signed which includes embassies and ambassadors. which would be the first step to getting the temple built.
which brings things closer to the conclusion of Christ's return.

Israel was a people not a nation for over 1900 yr's and now in the past 72 yr's it a nation. it obvious that the Lord God's attention is more and more towards Israel then the gentile nations in which case without God's influences as was in the past the nations will follow their own ways like a dog that returns to its vomit. pagan ideas and beliefs that were held at bay are now back in vogue right?

Israel as a nation has yet to acknowledge Christ, but when they do, the jig is up.
'His watchmen are blind:
.. they are all ignorant,
.... they are all dumb dogs,
...... they cannot bark;
........ sleeping,
.......... lying down,
............ loving to slumber.'

(Isaiah 56:10)

Hello DPMartin,

Thank you for your response.
Yes all things will come to pass as prophesied in His Word.
I thank you for pointing to the signs of the times. These are interesting days we are living in, aren't they?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What did the apostle Peter say also on the day of Pentecost? Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation." some from all nations will be saved, Revelation 21:23 "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."
Revelation 21:24 "And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it."

So there is hope for people, "And the nations of them which are saved", NOT WHOLE NATIONS, BUT THEM OF NATIONS THAT ARE SAVED, SO THE APOSTLE PETER WAS CORRECT, in saying, "Save yourselves from this untoward generation."

As it has been said, "its disappointing and can be disheartening for those who love their country. the same is prevalent in the US of A. but its also God's will".

So WORK OUT your own soul salvation.

PICJAG
Hello @101G,

Thank you for your input, it is appreciated: but Peter's remark was aimed at the generation of Israel then living, wasn't it? It cannot be therefore applied to any other nation or generation since then. Also in regard to Revelation 21:24: when the Lord has put down all earthly oppositions, then those nations which remain are gathered together, and their status for the Millennium is determined: and it is determined by their conduct to the Jew, as shown by the term, 'My brethren' in Matthew 25:31-46. The result is there are nations other than Israel, who enter into the earthly kingdom of the Son of man. Yet sin breaks out among the nations under the Lord's Sovereignty after the Millennium doesn't it, when Satan is released from the pit and deceives the nations once more.

'When the Son of man shall come in His glory,
.. and all the holy angels with Him,
.... then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory:

And before Him shall be gathered ALL NATIONS:
.. and He shall separate them one from another,
.... as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
...... And He shall set the sheep on His right hand,
........ but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand,

.."Come, ye blessed of My Father,
.... inherit the kingdom prepared for you
...... from the foundation of the world:"
........ For I was an hungred, and ye gave Me meat:
.......... I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink:
............ I was a stranger, and ye took Me in:
.............. Naked, and ye clothed Me:
................ I was sick, and ye visited Me:
.................. I was in prison, and ye came unto Me."

Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying,
.. "Lord, when saw we Thee an hungred, and fed Thee?
.... or thirsty, and gave Thee drink?
...... When saw we Thee a stranger, and took Thee in?
........ or naked, and clothed Thee?
.......... Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee?"

And the King shall answer and say unto them,
.. "Verily I say unto you,
.... Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these
My brethren,

...... ye have done it unto Me."
Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand,
.. "Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
.... prepared for the devil and his angels:
...... For I was an hungred, and ye gave Me no meat:
........ I was thirsty, and ye gave Me no drink:
.......... I was a stranger, and ye took Me not in:
............ naked, and ye clothed Me not:
.............. sick, and in prison, and ye visited Me not."

Then shall they also answer Him, saying,
.. "Lord, when saw we Thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger,
.... or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto Thee?"

Then shall He answer them, saying,
.. "Verily I say unto you,
.... Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these,
...... ye did it not to Me."

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
but the righteous into life eternal.'
(Matthew 25)

Thank you
With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your input, it is appreciated: but Peter's remark was aimed at the generation of Israel then living, wasn't it? It cannot be therefore applied to any other nation or generation since then.
thanks for the reply, and on point, this is exactly what I was saying, for "this generatation", be ye it Good or Evil, is the NOW Generation that's one is presently living in, not only at the time Lord Jesus was here on earth, but this generatation applies just as valid today as it did when the Lord Jesus spoke those words as also did the apostle Peter by the Holy Ghost.
Also in regard to Revelation 21:24: when the Lord has put down all earthly oppositions, then those nations which remain are gathered together, and their status for the Millennium is determined:
the people of all nations will be gathered, yes both Jews and Gentiles, scriptures, Romans 2:7 "To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:"
Romans 2:8 "But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,"

notice how the apostle states "to THEM", ..... people... and now we will see what type of People..

Romans 2:9 "Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;"
Romans 2:10 "But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:"
Romans 2:11 "For there is no respect of persons with God."

let us reveal something to you before we go on. when the scripture say, "of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile" one might think he was speaking of NATIONS, or nationalities, no. and here's why. question, "WHO IS A JEW?", lets see, Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." see now who he is separating. when the term Jew here is used it's not speaking natural born Jews, but it is speaking of anyone who is BORN AGAIN in Christ Jesus. for the idenification is with he who spraing from Judah. but in him, there is no national Jew or Gentile, nor any Natural males or females. WHY? answer, 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." this is a separation of Spirit followers from flesh followers. for there are sinning Jews of the Nation of Israel just as there are sinners of Gentiles Nations. here, the Lord is Judging the Heart of men and women, not their Nationalities. so the apostle words by the Holy Ghost ring clear, "save YOURSELF", then one can seek to help others.

Romans 2:12 "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;"
Romans 2:13 "(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."

and for those who did not have the Law, not even the Law of Moses, but we will see the Law of God that he require, listen, Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:" BINGO.
Romans 2:15 "Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)" BINGO, there it is. LOVE ye one another as I have LOVED you.

good topic charity, there is much more to learn just here in Romams chapter 2.

and thank you for the topic, and be blessed in the Lord Jesus.

PICJAG.