Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the same measure you mete, it will be measured back to you. Don't be surprised if someone calls you a hypocrite in the near future over something similar.

I take my medicine because Jesus appeared to me in a vision and told me to take my medicine (and therefore it is not a sin for me to do so; but obedience)...

I think that I was only using that (the idea that there is an aphrodisiac in my medicine) as an excuse to justify my sin.

Because there was no deterrent, which I have now found in Ezekiel 33:11-20, I felt that I could keep committing my besetting sin and get away with it...that I was covered by grace and therefore there would be no consequences if I committed my besetting sin "just this one more time".

That has ended now that I understand Ezekiel 33:11-20 in conjunction w/ Hebrews 10:26-31. (Other verses to consider are Matthew 5:20 and Matthew 5:29-30).

I also felt that I was fallen and could not be restored if the latter of those two passages (Hebrews 10:26-31) could be taken literally; but the Lord showed me that if Moses could enter into the promised land after that he was forbidden to do so (at the Mount of transfiguration), that I can enter into a holy life again even if I previously thought that I had "fallen away".

And then, how have I thrown the blame around? I am not blaming anyone else for any current sin in my life; because the Lord has taken it away. And, I believe that it was @Ronald Nolette who told me, somewhere, that it was his desire that I would commit a heinous sin in order that I might come back to the reality that I am a sinner in need of a Saviour. I would say to that, that if the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth has saved you from your sins (Matthew 1:21), you are no longer a sinner (I have expounded on what I mean by this elsewhere). Once the work of the gospel has taken place in your life, you are not the same person that you used to be (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)). He regenerates and renews you from the inside out (Titus 3:5); He transforms you by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1-2). But the fact that people seem to desire that people like me would just sin so that we would no longer bring forth a convicting message, indicates to me that there are indeed people who pray that people like me would sin so that we might no longer bring forth our convicting message. I've done it to others myself; because I thought that they didn't understand the gospel correctly unless they considered themselves to be wretched sinners. But the gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto salvation (from sin)...Romans 1:16, Matthew 1:21.

Also, what exact same thing am I doing? How am I being a hypocrite? What sin am I committing that urges you to call me that? Again I would say to you that with the same measure that you mete out judgment, it will be measured back to you likewise.

95% truth hiding the 5% Sarin toxin.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the same measure you mete, it will be measured back to you. Don't be surprised if someone calls you a hypocrite in the near future over something similar.

I take my medicine because Jesus appeared to me in a vision and told me to take my medicine (and therefore it is not a sin for me to do so; but obedience)...

I think that I was only using that (the idea that there is an aphrodisiac in my medicine) as an excuse to justify my sin.

Because there was no deterrent, which I have now found in Ezekiel 33:11-20, I felt that I could keep committing my besetting sin and get away with it...that I was covered by grace and therefore there would be no consequences if I committed my besetting sin "just this one more time".

That has ended now that I understand Ezekiel 33:11-20 in conjunction w/ Hebrews 10:26-31. (Other verses to consider are Matthew 5:20 and Matthew 5:29-30).

I also felt that I was fallen and could not be restored if the latter of those two passages (Hebrews 10:26-31) could be taken literally; but the Lord showed me that if Moses could enter into the promised land after that he was forbidden to do so (at the Mount of transfiguration), that I can enter into a holy life again even if I previously thought that I had "fallen away".

And then, how have I thrown the blame around? I am not blaming anyone else for any current sin in my life; because the Lord has taken it away. And, I believe that it was @Ronald Nolette who told me, somewhere, that it was his desire that I would commit a heinous sin in order that I might come back to the reality that I am a sinner in need of a Saviour. I would say to that, that if the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth has saved you from your sins (Matthew 1:21), you are no longer a sinner (I have expounded on what I mean by this elsewhere). Once the work of the gospel has taken place in your life, you are not the same person that you used to be (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)). He regenerates and renews you from the inside out (Titus 3:5); He transforms you by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1-2). But the fact that people seem to desire that people like me would just sin so that we would no longer bring forth a convicting message, indicates to me that there are indeed people who pray that people like me would sin so that we might no longer bring forth our convicting message. I've done it to others myself; because I thought that they didn't understand the gospel correctly unless they considered themselves to be wretched sinners. But the gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto salvation (from sin)...Romans 1:16, Matthew 1:21.

Also, what exact same thing am I doing? How am I being a hypocrite? What sin am I committing that urges you to call me that? Again I would say to you that with the same measure that you mete out judgment, it will be measured back to you likewise.

It is truly sad that even when you mention me in a post you bear false witness against me and intentionally misquote what I told you why I wished you sin though I do not wish it upon anyone.

And now I understand you better. You trust more in visions and dreams than in the Word of God! And you must take Heb. 10:26-31 literally as it was written and in teh context it was written. Not in the misunderstood way you accept it now!

2 Peter 1:16-21
King James Version

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

visions and dreams must be scrutinized through the Word of God! If it doesn't line up exactly- it is a lie! That is why one major sect of Christendom has fallen so far away from the truth. They have trusted in visions of Mary and Jesus that contradict the Scriptures!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The so-called “grace” of Once Saved Always Saved is what is not fair.

The pure unadulterated truth is fair.

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

This is the truth. But many today have the same attitude of the Old Testament Israelites:

Ezekiel 18:29
“But the house of Israel says, ‘The Lord’s way isn’t fair.’ Is it my ways that are unfair, house of Israel? Instead, isn’t it your ways that are unfair?”

Your man-made “grace” indeed is unfair. But thank God it is not the true grace of the Bible.

Titus 2:11-12 KJV
[11] For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, [12] Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world
@Michiah-Imla I think it's fair to say that those who profess then leave their profession and live and die in sin, were never true believers in the first place...

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Michiah-Imla I think it's fair to say that those who profess then leave their profession and live and die in sin, were never true believers in the first place...

Not, it’s not fair to say; it’s not even wise to say so.

If you do not continue in the faith grounded and settled you will forfeit your reconciliation (Colossians 1:21-23).

If you do not continue in God’s goodness you will be cut off with the unbelievers (Romans 11:20-22).

If you sin willfully after being sanctified by the blood of Jesus you will face the fiery indignation the unbelievers will face (Hebrews 10:26-27).

Choose the strait gate of these verses, not the wide gate of Once Saved Always Saved.

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
[13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not, it’s not fair to say; it’s not even wise to say so.

If you do not continue in the faith grounded and settled you will forfeit your reconciliation (Colossians 1:21-23).

If you do not continue in God’s goodness you will be cut off with the unbelievers (Romans 11:20-22).

If you sin willfully after being sanctified by the blood of Jesus you will face the fiery indignation the unbelievers will face (Hebrews 10:26-27).

Choose the strait gate of these verses, not the wide gate of Once Saved Always Saved.

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
[13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
...but the true believer does persevere: Romans 8.38-39.

Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but the true believer does persevere: Romans 8.38-39.

Romans 8:38-39 KJV
[38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This says nothing about perseverance in salvation.

And the “us” mentioned here are those who continue in faith without willfully sinning.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Romans 8:38-39 KJV
[38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This says nothing about perseverance in salvation.

And the “us” mentioned here are those who continue in faith without willfully sinning.
I cannot see that verses 38 and 39 are referring to those who fall away from a profession and die in unbelief, sorry...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but If you want to take the route of trying to be perfect and Judged by your ability your choice but you have to be as righteous as God, The point is meant to show you can't only God is Holy,

I would refer you to 1 John 3:7.

while saying if people do what you were doing there remains no more sacrifice for them, hopefully you see my point

I have been redeemed from what I was doing previously; because if Moses can enter the promised land after having been forbidden to do so (at the Mount of transigfuration), then I can enter back into a holy life after having apparently "fallen away".

but how do you know it was Jesus that told you last I read you said they visited you was it only Jesus you thought you saw

When Jesus appears to you, it is unmistakably Him.

Yes there is power to overcome sins But That is different topic, you're trying to limit the power of the Gospel I would stop If I were you but If you want to take the route of trying to be perfect and Judged by your ability your choice but you have to be as righteous as God, The point is meant to show you can't only God is Holy, He does Offer to impute His righteousness to us By Grace through Faith in The Blood and finished work of Jesus not of works, You can't have it both Ways

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

So then, if someone actually lives a holy life, do you believe that they are therefore no longer recipients of grace? If someone lives by imparted righteousness, do they no longer have righteousness imputed to them? Because you said you can't have it both ways.

This would seem to be a deterring factor concerning the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in our lives; if the moment that the Lord completes the work we don't have salvation any longer.

I can do anything that I want and be saved if I have “ Lucky Repentance”....... that being the Good Fortune to remember all of my sins and feel guilty about them before I die......It’s today’s #1 Perverted, False Gospel

Yes, it would appear that it is "Lucky Repentance" according to holy scripture...see 1 Corinthians 15:37 and Matthew 13:30...

And “YOU” need to stop adding to the Gospel Of Grace with your “ Lucky Repentance” Doctrine .The Doctrine That says, “ Of COURSE Jesus Saves! “ B UT” , once you know “ that” ......you must make sure your “ Repentance Slate” is cleaner than a hound’s tooth, or you will be Damned!”
It’s as if the Bible says, “ By Repentance Thou Art Saved— Lest any man should boast”......Horse Hockey!

Yes, the Bible does teach that...in Ezekiel 33:11-20 and in Hebrews 10:26-31 and in James 1:12-16...

But thank God it is not the true grace of the Bible.

Amen (see 1 Peter 5:10-12 (kjv)).

1Pe 5:10, But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1Pe 5:11, To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
1Pe 5:12, By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

.another in a long line of those who take Hebrews 10:26-31 <fify> out of context

It seems to be the common cry of the unbeliever that when the Holy Spirit convicts them using a verse or passage, that, that verse or passage is always "taken out of context."

I most certainly believe that when this happens, it is most often true that the verse or passage is not taken out of context but the person hearing it is hardening their heart to what the Spirit is wanting to say to them.

95% truth hiding the 5% Sarin toxin.

Identify the 5%. Because I certainly don't want to be peddling toxin.

what I told you why I wished you sin though I do not wish it upon anyone.

You just contradicted yourself there; just like you did that last time. Which one is it? Do you want me to sin, or do you not want me to sin? If you don't want me to sin, then pray accordingly. If you do, then do me a favour and keep your prayers to yourself. They will not avail to be able to get me to sin anyway (Psalms 66:18).

And now I understand you better. You trust more in visions and dreams than in the Word of God

Do you suggest that I stop taking my medicine?

This is what the word of God says:

Act 2:17, And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

So, it is not that I trust in dreams and visions more than the word of the Lord, it is that I trust that the word of the Lord substantiates that my dreams and visions are from His Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does the Bible say we died with Christ thru faith alone? Rom 6:3
Before mentioning baptism in chapter 6, Paul had repeatedly emphasized that FAITH and not water baptism is the instrumental cause of salvation/justification (Romans 1:16, 3:22-30; 4:4-6, 13; 5:1). That is when the old man was put to death and united in the likeness of His death, which water baptism symbolizes and pictures. Righteousness is "imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised up because of our justification." (Romans 4:24,25)

Paul clearly teaches that what is signified in baptism (buried and raised with Christ) actually occurs "through faith." Christians are "buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead." (Colossians 2:12) Justification on account of union in Christ's death, burial and resurrection is brought about "through faith" and is properly symbolized by dipping the new believer in and out of the water.

you cannot have a faith alone initiation into a sacred covenant! There must be a mediator and an outward sign of members of the covenant in communion with the mediator by a ritual, Mosaic covenant was circumcision, the new covenant in the blood of Jesus Christ is by baptism!
What do we read about Abraham in regards to circumcision? Romans 4:11 - And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also. Why would baptism be any different?

In Colossians 2:12, the context shows that baptism is presented as the New Testament counterpart of circumcision in the Old Testament. They are presented in a careful parallel to each other. The one who is "in Christ" is circumcised with a circumcision made "without hands"and the parallel usage of circumcision and baptism demonstrates that we understand the "baptism" to be made "without hands" also.

*Romans 2:28-29 shows clearly that it is not physical circumcision "made with hands" but *spiritual circumcision* which makes one truly a Jew and one of Abraham's children.

Since baptism is the New Testament counterpart to circumcision in the Old Testament, we may therefore understand Romans 2:28-29 to have the same meaning in relation to baptism that it has in relation to circumcision: For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, and not in the letter, whose praise is not from men but from God.

Physical circumcision was not the means of obtaining salvation in the Old Testament, for Abraham was saved when he BELIEVED before he was circumcised (Genesis 15:6; Romans 4:2-3; 9-10). The same applies to physical water baptism in the New Testament and we are saved when we BELIEVE/PLACE FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE FOR SALVATION. (Acts 10:43-47; 11:17; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18 etc..)

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
This is Spirit baptism, not water baptism. *Notice by one Spirit are all baptized into one body..

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Galatians 3:26 - For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus (Period.) Not through faith and water baptism. *Also read John 1:12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name. *Received Him, given the right to become children of God, through believing in His name, not through water baptism.

Galatians 3:27 - For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on/clothed yourself with Christ. The Greek word for "put on" is "enduo" and means to enclose oneself in, as when one "puts on" clothes or armor or some other item. Involved in this is the idea of "imitation" and "identification." "Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light...put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof" (Romans 13:12,14). This exhortation is written to Christians (those already saved). Evidently then, baptism is not the only way to "put on" Christ. To "put on" Christ is to conform to Him, imitate Him. So it is in baptism; we "put on" Christ, conforming to Him in the ordinance that declares Him to be our Savior.

Now in 1 Corinthians 10:2, we read that the Israelites were "baptized into Moses" in the cloud and in the sea, but this does not mean that the Israelites were water baptized into the body of Moses. So in what "sense" were the Israelites baptized into Moses? In the same sense that believers would be water baptized into Christ, in regards to "identification." Not to be confused with believers being baptized by one Spirit into one body....the body of Christ through Spirit baptism. (1 Corinthians 12:13)

Someone in the military does not put on a uniform in order to become a soldier. Simply putting on a soldier's uniform does not make one become a soldier. One is made a soldier first and then is able to put on and wear the uniform that distinguishes or marks them as a soldier. Putting on a judge's robe does not, in itself, make anyone a "judge." But, one who has been made a judge is qualified to put on "judicial robes" and thus declare their qualifications. So too with being water baptized. The Christian puts on robes for which they have previously been qualified to wear. If one puts on the clothes of a Christian, in water baptism, without first becoming a Christian (child of God through faith/believing in His name), then one becomes an imposter, and is declaring, in baptism, to be what they are not.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not faith alone?
OP ^

Yes Faith Alone...
Everything hinges ON Faith.

Faith Alone is Gods OFFERING... FOR Salvation of ones soul AND Quickening of ones spirit.

Receiving the OFFERING, requires An individuals Consent.

That Simple.

The WHY of Gods Offer;
The HOW a man Consents;
The HOW a man Receives;
Is incidental to the Fact:
without FAITH...a man Is Dead to God.
And God IS a God OF the Living.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: mailmandan

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not faith alone?
OP ^

Yes Faith Alone...
Everything hinges ON Faith.

Faith Alone is Gods OFFERING... FOR Salvation of ones soul AND Quickening of ones spirit.

Receiving the OFFERING, requires An individuals Consent.

That Simple.

The WHY of Gods Offer;
The HOW a man Consents;
The HOW a man Receives;
Is incidental to the Fact:
without FAITH...a man Is Dead to God.
And God IS a God OF the Living.

Glory to God,
Taken

If only everyone would believe the message. Most reject faith in God and prefer their lives of sin.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that you have to post another man to defend yourself speaks volumes.

You are correct......it “ does” speak volumes.....

I am trying to help people .....I don’t “ have” to use others .....but I have enough SENSE and enough Humility to realize that their are Teachers out there ( blessed with their teaching abilities , and sent to us by God) that are smarter than me and know the Word better than me .....I don’t care WHO gets the Credit — I’ll quote Balaam’s Ass and even YOU! , if it helps to make the TRUTH easier and clearer for those that have not yet been ruined by Stiff-Necked Blind Guides, and Leaven Contaminators that teach False, “ perverted” Gospels Of “ Jesus Saves—- B U T !”.........It’s Nothing But The Blood....just like the Song sings......how many hypocrites sang that song last Sunday and would never actually Believe it for ONE SECOND!.......sound familiar to anybody out there? God hates hypocrisy.....you might want to dwell on that Truth for awhile.....meanwhile , please tear that song out of your hymnal....until you Repent........

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don’t you post some scriptures without adding leaven to them?

Scripture in regard to what, specifically ? I can assure that I have them.....I’ll,leave it to you to continue to spread “Leaven”........When you go beyond “ Nothing But The Blood”.... thats YOU Spreading your “ Leaven”
Boy, do I thank my God that I don’t find myself bring on the wring side of “that” argument.....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you go beyond “ Nothing But The Blood”.... thats YOU Spreading your “ Leaven”
I think you can see that the argument is you can't get to the judgement with nothing but the blood because if that's all you got at the judgement then you don't really have the blood. If all you have to show for your faith in the blood is the blood then you don't really have the blood. You probably agree with that but you seem to grinding an axe about an old church. A cult church. And you're not really listening to what's being said. I'm of the opinion that we don't need to be lamenting the cult churches. Leave them lead the blind astray just as Jesus said to do.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[11] For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, [12] Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world

The fact that you have to post another man to defend yourself speaks volumes.

You are correct......it “ does” speak volumes.....

I am trying to help people .....I don’t “ have” to use others .....but I have enough SENSE and enough Humility to realize that their are Teachers out there ( blessed with their teaching abilities , and sent to us by God) that are smarter than me and know the Word better than me .....I don’t care WHO gets the Credit — I’ll quote Balaam’s Ass and even YOU! , if it helps to make the TRUTH easier and clearer for those that have not yet been ruined by Stiff-Necked Blind Guides, and Leaven Contaminators that teach False, “ perverted” Gospels Of “ Jesus Saves—- B U T !”.........It’s Nothing But The Blood....just like the Song sings......how many hypocrites sang that song last Sunday and would never actually Believe it for ONE SECOND!.......sound familiar to anybody out there? God hates hypocrisy.....you might want to dwell on that Truth for awhile.....meanwhile , please tear that song out of your hymnal....until you Repent........

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree with all of this ....Before I received my New Heart and became a “ New Creation” I never cared.To get that GIFT of a “ New Heart”, I had to Rest in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing.....Do you “ REST” in the Gospel , which means that you don’t add any Works to it, or do you add to it with Law- Keeping , etc whereby God declares in Heb 3 , that you are Guilty Of “UNBELIEF ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree with all of this ....Before I received my New Heart and became a “ New Creation” I never cared.To get that GIFT of a “ New Heart”, I had to Rest in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing.....Do you “ REST” in the Gospel , which means that you don’t add any Works to it, or do you add to it with Law- Keeping , etc whereby God declares in Heb 3 , that you are Guilty Of “UNBELIEF ?

that comes from baptism

Baptism!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put withi n you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark and the church there is no salvation!)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you can see that the argument is you can't get to the judgement with nothing but the blood because if that's all you got at the judgement then you don't really have the blood. If all you have to show for your faith in the blood is the blood then you don't really have the blood. You probably agree with that but you seem to grinding an axe about an old church. A cult church. And you're not really listening to what's being said. I'm of the opinion that we don't need to be lamenting the cult churches. Leave them lead the blind astray just as Jesus said to do.

There is a TON of stuff to be added to “ the Blood”——- just not in the case of SALVATION ! That is ALL that I am referring to.....The very reason God created us was “ to do good Works and to take on the Burdens Of Others.....AFTER the BLOOD ALONE Saves us and Keeps us Saved....

Partakers of the Divine Nature
…5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith virtue; and to virtue, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control;and to self-control, perseverance; and toperseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.…

Last edited: