Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did mess up and watched a movie recently that was less than sanctified...but only because I have always been a fan of Marvel Comics. I did not even realize that I had sinned until after I had watched the movie.

The Holy Spirit pinpointed it to my attention and I confessed it before communion on Sunday...

But as for my besetting sin, I have gone past my record of time for having victory over it as of last Thursday.

I know that that is not a long period of time to where I can even boast...however I am saying by faith that the reason I have had victory longer is because the Lord has done a work in my heart that is going to last for a much longer period of time than, I think, you will even be able to endure...

Because He says that when He finally does the work of entire sanctification in a man, that that work will be for ever (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Simply not true...although that may be your wish concerning me. God will not hear the prayers of those who regard iniquity in their hearts (Psalms 66:18)...so I am not going to return to my former lifestyle even if you were to pray fervently that I would...

But I will let you know.

If I do fall, I will be the first one to admit it publicly.

Why do you say rubbish like that? you always have to throw blame around but why would I wish you keep sinning that's crazy, The reason I say it is because you are still taking the medication that you say makes you do it, If you think you will overcome it by trying harder this time I think you will end up going in circles, Blood Bought gave you good advice take it to Jesus it's none of my business but when you throw Judgement around out of context when your doing the exact thing it's just straight-up hypocrisy

Reactions: mailmandan

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you say rubbish like that? you always have to throw blame around but why would I wish you keep sinning that's crazy, The reason I say it is because you are still taking the medication that you say makes you do it, If you think you will overcome it by trying harder this time I think you will end up going in circles, Blood Bought gave you good advice take it to Jesus it's none of my business but when you throw Judgement around out of context when your doing the exact thing it's just straight-up hypocrisy
With the same measure you mete, it will be measured back to you. Don't be surprised if someone calls you a hypocrite in the near future over something similar.

I take my medicine because Jesus appeared to me in a vision and told me to take my medicine (and therefore it is not a sin for me to do so; but obedience)...

I think that I was only using that (the idea that there is an aphrodisiac in my medicine) as an excuse to justify my sin.

Because there was no deterrent, which I have now found in Ezekiel 33:11-20, I felt that I could keep committing my besetting sin and get away with it...that I was covered by grace and therefore there would be no consequences if I committed my besetting sin "just this one more time".

That has ended now that I understand Ezekiel 33:11-20 in conjunction w/ Hebrews 10:26-31. (Other verses to consider are Matthew 5:20 and Matthew 5:29-30).

I also felt that I was fallen and could not be restored if the latter of those two passages (Hebrews 10:26-31) could be taken literally; but the Lord showed me that if Moses could enter into the promised land after that he was forbidden to do so (at the Mount of transfiguration), that I can enter into a holy life again even if I previously thought that I had "fallen away".

And then, how have I thrown the blame around? I am not blaming anyone else for any current sin in my life; because the Lord has taken it away. And, I believe that it was @Ronald Nolette who told me, somewhere, that it was his desire that I would commit a heinous sin in order that I might come back to the reality that I am a sinner in need of a Saviour. I would say to that, that if the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth has saved you from your sins (Matthew 1:21), you are no longer a sinner (I have expounded on what I mean by this elsewhere). Once the work of the gospel has taken place in your life, you are not the same person that you used to be (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)). He regenerates and renews you from the inside out (Titus 3:5); He transforms you by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1-2). But the fact that people seem to desire that people like me would just sin so that we would no longer bring forth a convicting message, indicates to me that there are indeed people who pray that people like me would sin so that we might no longer bring forth our convicting message. I've done it to others myself; because I thought that they didn't understand the gospel correctly unless they considered themselves to be wretched sinners. But the gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto salvation (from sin)...Romans 1:16, Matthew 1:21.

Also, what exact same thing am I doing? How am I being a hypocrite? What sin am I committing that urges you to call me that? Again I would say to you that with the same measure that you mete out judgment, it will be measured back to you likewise.

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
With the same measure you mete, it will be measured back to you. Don't be surprised if someone calls you a hypocrite in the near future over something similar.

Wouldn't be surprised, cant imagine what I would do, id prolly go right off the deep end without trying to sin of course

The medicine is medicine right it is what it is, but you were using it as an excuse to do other things while saying if people do what you were doing there remains no more sacrifice for them, hopefully you see my point but how do you know it was Jesus that told you last I read you said they visited you was it only Jesus you thought you saw

I think Moses entered the promised Land in Heaven, I see the fulfilment of exodus 3, Moses asked his name And he was answered I am that I am, I think he got his answer at the transfiguration, The name above every Name and Saw the fulfilment of the I am

But the gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto salvation (from sin)

From the consequence of Sin which is Death and from the wrath to come, Yes there is power to overcome sins But That is different topic, you're trying to limit the power of the Gospel I would stop If I were you but If you want to take the route of trying to be perfect and Judged by your ability your choice but you have to be as righteous as God, The point is meant to show you can't only God is Holy, He does Offer to impute His righteousness to us By Grace through Faith in The Blood and finished work of Jesus not of works, You can't have it both Ways

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to stop talking about what is in men's "panties", Chester...

If you won't admit that you've sinned concerning sins that you've committed, you won't be forgiven and cleansed (1 John 1:7-9).

Psa 10:13, Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.

Simply not true...although that may be your wish concerning me. God will not hear the prayers of those who regard iniquity in their hearts (Psalms 66:18)...so I am not going to return to my former lifestyle even if you were to pray fervently that I would...

But I will let you know.

If I do fall, I will be the first one to admit it publicly.

There are a few verses that tell me that I don't have to fall (Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10)...three in particular...and the third time it shall do double damage (Ezekiel 21:14).

I can do anything that I want and be saved if I have “ Lucky Repentance”....... that being the Good Fortune to remember all of my sins and feel guilty about them before I die......It’s today’s #1 Perverted, False Gospel ,Addition ......It’s why 90% of the Church World is “ Fallen From Grace” and doesn't even know it .....let’s hope that Condition does not mean Damnation, But Jesus “ DID” say, “ Narrow is the Way and FEW find it” ......
The Narrow Gate “ could be” NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD or “ Jesus Saves. Period .No ‘buts’ attached to that.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to stop talking about what is in men's "panties", Chester...

And “YOU” need to stop adding to the Gospel Of Grace with your “ Lucky Repentance” Doctrine .The Doctrine That says, “ Of COURSE Jesus Saves! “ B UT” , once you know “ that” ......you must make sure your “ Repentance Slate” is cleaner than a hound’s tooth, or you will be Damned!”
It’s as if the Bible says, “ By Repentance Thou Art Saved— Lest any man should boast”......Horse Hockey!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only is salvation without faith or any other obedience of men, it's strictly by Christ obedience alone, for by His obedience of one many are made righteous. That is salvation God's way! Rom 5:19

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ain’t Grace great! It ain’t “ Fair”...... but it’ IS great!

The so-called “grace” of Once Saved Always Saved is what is not fair.

The pure unadulterated truth is fair.

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

This is the truth. But many today have the same attitude of the Old Testament Israelites:

Ezekiel 18:29
“But the house of Israel says, ‘The Lord’s way isn’t fair.’ Is it my ways that are unfair, house of Israel? Instead, isn’t it your ways that are unfair?”

Your man-made “grace” indeed is unfair. But thank God it is not the true grace of the Bible.

Titus 2:11-12 KJV
[11] For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, [12] Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it does. For by grace you “have been” (past tense, with ongoing present results) saved through faith. (Ephesians 2:8) Saved from the PENALTY of sin. (justification) Not by works (Ephesians 2:9) faith alone.

Not to be confused with “receiving the end (future tense) of your faith the salvation of your souls.” (1 Peter 1:9) Saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification) Salvation has 3 tenses that often get confused by works-salvationists.

where does the Bible say we died with Christ thru faith alone? Rom 6:3

you cannot have a faith alone initiation into a sacred covenant! There must be a mediator and an outward sign of members of the covenant in communion with the mediator by a ritual, Mosaic covenant was circumcision, the new covenant in the blood of Jesus Christ is by baptism!

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok thanks I had a few( all Pastors) in my younger days as a believer over a 20 year period. Now 20 years later (40) year post salvation I have become that person for others in my life with family( siblings, wife, children, grandchildren, son in laws), friends, church small groups, discipleship etc....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok thanks I had a few( all Pastors) in my younger days as a believer over a 20 year period. Now 20 years later (40) year post salvation I have become that person for others in my life with family( siblings, wife, children, grandchildren, son in laws), friends, church small groups, discipleship etc....

where are there self-appointed apostles bishops pastors in the Bible?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it does. For by grace you “have been” (past tense, with ongoing present results) saved through faith. (Ephesians 2:8) Saved from the PENALTY of sin. (justification) Not by works (Ephesians 2:9) faith alone.

Not to be confused with “receiving the end (future tense) of your faith the salvation of your souls.” (1 Peter 1:9) Saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification) Salvation has 3 tenses that often get confused by works-salvationists.

not refering to justification or salvation but the redemption accomplished by Christ on the cross, making justification by baptism available and salvation

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ!
Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Sanctification: the life of grace, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love!
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The so-called “grace” of Once Saved Always Saved is what is not fair.

The pure unadulterated truth is fair.

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

This is the truth. But many today have the same attitude of the Old Testament Israelites:

Ezekiel 18:29
“But the house of Israel says, ‘The Lord’s way isn’t fair.’ Is it my ways that are unfair, house of Israel? Instead, isn’t it your ways that are unfair?”

Your man-made “grace” indeed is unfair. But thank God it is not the true grace of the Bible.

Titus 2:11-12 KJV
[11] For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, [12] Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world

.....another in a long line of those who take Heb 10 out of context.....you do not know what you are talking about......
Taking 15 minutes of time to learn unmistakably what this verse means could change your whole life......I guess it’s easier to remain in ignorance.....

Google Andrew Farley Hebrews 10. Or go to my next post....

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 10 out of context.....you do not know what you are talking about......
Taking 15 minutes of time to learn unmistakably what this verse means could change your whole life......I guess it’s easier to remain in ignorance....

I’m not the one talking, friend. I simply repeated what the scripture says.

If you sin willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there is no more sacrifice for your sins. Why can’t you comprehend it?

CONTEXT:

Romans 11:22 KJV
[22] Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

CONTEXT:

2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV
[20] For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. [21] For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

CONTEXT:

1 Peter 4:17-18 KJV
[17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? [18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

The servant who strays from the truth will suffer with the unbelievers:

Luke 12:46 KJV
[46] The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

And to those who ignore Christ’s sayings:

Matthew 7:26-27 KJV
[26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: [27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Build your house on the word, not the fair speeches and good words or false teachers who invent special context to fit their false doctrines.

Romans 16:17-18 KJV
[17] Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. [18] For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
697...... please go back to that post and stop showing your ignorance....it’s too painful for me to bear.... thanks....

I know.

The truth is too painful for you.

You rather hear someone itch your ears (like the guy in video does for you). Don’t heap to yourself false teachers, friend.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
[3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
697...... please go back to that post and stop showing your ignorance....it’s too painful for me to bear.... thanks....

The fact that you have to post another man to defend yourself speaks volumes.

Why don’t you post some scriptures without adding leaven to them?