Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or is your understanding of the scripture is wrong, for example
Mary is the mother of God
The natural, earthly body of Christ entered into this world through Mary's womb. And what a blessing and privilege that was for her. End of story. We also have Christ birthed in us by the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 4:
19My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you

At the resurrection we will give birth to the fullness of Christ. Until then God's seed grows inside of every blessed believer chosen to bring the word of God to fruition from within themselves.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody "has" to sin....but we do...

If we don't have to sin, and, according to even your teaching, if we are born again we no longer want to sin, how is it that anyone who is born again sins?

Don't want to + don't have to = no sinning from my perspective.

What do you say?

Paul, when he says that "all things are lawful" is reiterating his own teaching in Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19, Romans 7:6, Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14, and Hebrews 7:18-19.

If it claims to be the one true church, then that would classify it as a cult.

The Holy Spirit is promised to all who will believe in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14, Ephesians 1:13-14); and that is not only those who have joined the Catholic Church and submit to its institutions.

Claiming to be the one true church and the only organization that, if you belong to, you will have the Holy Spirit elevates the Catholic Church to cult status impaho. At one time I thought that it was a denomination; but this new information makes me think of it as a cult.

cult has a bad name from the Latin it means a following
Outside the church there is no possibility of grace or salvation

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside of the church there is no salvation!)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is with us to the very end of the age via the Holy Spirit who all believers have in them. And we have the Bible record of the Apostles teachings, so we don't need a pope to carry those teachings on.
Not what Jesus and the Bible says

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors in the church founded in the one true founded by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

no where does it say you can read the Bible for yourself AND make your own faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Athanasian Creed!

Whoever wishes to be saved must, above all, keep the Catholic faith.
For unless a person keeps this faith whole and entire, he will undoubtedly be lost forever.
This is what the Catholic faith teaches: we worship one God in the Trinity and the Trinity in unity.
Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance.
For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, another of the Holy Spirit.
But the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit have one divinity, equal glory, and coeternal majesty.
What the Father is, the Son is, and the Holy Spirit is.
The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, and the Holy Spirit is uncreated.
The Father is boundless, the Son is boundless, and the Holy Spirit is boundless.
The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal, and the Holy Spirit is eternal.
Nevertheless, there are not three eternal beings, but one eternal being.
So there are not three uncreated beings, nor three boundless beings, but one uncreated being and one boundless being.
Likewise, the Father is omnipotent, the Son is omnipotent, the Holy Spirit is omnipotent.
Yet there are not three omnipotent beings, but one omnipotent being.

Thus the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God.
However, there are not three gods, but one God.
The Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, and the Holy Spirit is Lord.
However, there as not three lords, but one Lord.
For as we are obliged by Christian truth to acknowledge every Person singly to be God and Lord, so too are we forbidden by the Catholic religion to say that there are three Gods or Lords.
The Father was not made, nor created, nor generated by anyone.
The Son is not made, nor created, but begotten by the Father alone.
The Holy Spirit is not made, nor created, nor generated, but proceeds from the Father and the Son.

There is, then, one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three sons; one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.
In this Trinity, there is nothing before or after, nothing greater or less. The entire three Persons are coeternal and coequal with one another.
So that in all things, as is has been said above, the Unity is to be worshipped in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity.
He, therefore, who wishes to be saved, must believe thus about the Trinity.

It is also necessary for eternal salvation that he believes steadfastly in the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thus the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is both God and man.

As God, He was begotten of the substance of the Father before time; as man, He was born in time of the substance of His Mother.
He is perfect God; and He is perfect man, with a rational soul and human flesh.
He is equal to the Father in His divinity, but inferior to the Father in His humanity.
Although He is God and man, He is not two, but one Christ.
And He is one, not because His divinity was changed into flesh, but because His humanity was assumed unto God.
He is one, not by a mingling of substances, but by unity of person.
As a rational soul and flesh are one man: so God and man are one Christ.
He died for our salvation, descended into hell, and rose from the dead on the third day.
He ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
At His coming, all men are to arise with their own bodies; and they are to give an account of their own deeds.
Those who have done good deeds will go into eternal life; those who have done evil will go into the everlasting fire.
This is the Catholic faith. Everyone must believe it, firmly and steadfastly; otherwise He cannot be saved.

Amen.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the people in the real church of God's people broke free of those gates when they got born again. And each of us born again people exist individually in various parts of the world. As a whole we make up the true church of God. We will be brought together into an identifiable and visible entity at the end of the age.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority!

The angelic order!
The church order!
The family order!
The civil order!

All require obedience to hierarchical authority!

The church is not a democracy but a kingdom!

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to obey the authority of the successors of Moses mt 23 authority of the keys and power to bind and loose and this power and authority was taken from them matt and given by Christ to Peter, the apostles and their successors, mt 16:18 18:18 this same authority and power must be obeyed!

mt 28:18-20 all authority is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors requiring obedience, rom 1:5 obedience to the faith!
And Jesus say to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: behold I am with you even until the end of the world!!!
So the apostles have to remain until the end! Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and Priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Reign with kingdom authority (keys) power (bind loose) matt 16:18

Jn 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Matt 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(The apostles)
——————

Only Peter and the apostles and their successors have the teaching authority of Christ with the guarantee of the Holy Spirit! Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

————

Fathers have care of their children, spiritual fathers care for our souls!

Pope, papa, father, yes spiritual father!

Is 22

Matt 10:2
First apostle Peter:

Matt 17:27
Jesus and Peter are one:
Jesus even works a miracle to make this point. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: and the power to bind and loose:

Mt 17:27
Peter commanded to confirm his breathren:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Peter is the prince of the apostles, head of the universal church on earth!

Jn 20:21-23
Peter and the apostles receive the Holy Spirit and the power to forgive sins:

Acts 1:15 1:17 1:26
Peter declares Judas office of apostle valid and vacant and chooses a successor:

Acts 2:14
Peter preaches the first sermon on Pentecost:

Acts 2:38
Peter requires baptism as the outward sign and initiation into the new covenant!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cult has a bad name from the Latin it means a following

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside of the church there is no salvation!)
2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our own works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time eternal.

Titus 3:5
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 2:8-10
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Galatians 3:1-3
You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Every cult has this as its teaching concerning their particular doctrine and practice.

The reality is that Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and the life; no man cometh unto the Father except by me. (John 14:6).

It is a relationship with Jesus Christ that matters: He is the only mediator between God and men (1 Timothy 2:5).

Some believe and teach that there is another mediator, the church, between Christ and men: not realizing that Jesus is God and that therefore there is no other mediator between Christ and men other than Christ Himself.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our own works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time eternal.

Titus 3:5
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 2:8-10
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Galatians 3:1-3
You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

hope this helps !!!

Is baptism required for salvation?
For member of Christ and the new covenant body of Christ church?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every cult has this as its teaching concerning their particular doctrine and practice.

The reality is that Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and the life; no man cometh unto the Father except by me. (John 14:6).

It is a relationship with Jesus Christ that matters: He is the only mediator between God and men (1 Timothy 2:5).

Some believe and teach that there is another mediator, the church, between Christ and men: not realizing that Jesus is God and that therefore there is no other mediator between Christ and men other than Christ Himself.

how do you become a member of Christ and the new covenant that He is mediator of?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism then?
Baptism will seal the deal so that you can have absolute assurance (Mark 16:16).

But a person can be saved merely by believing (John 3:16; Romans 5:1-2; Ephesians 2:8-9) and can also receive absolute assurance if they call on the name of the Lord (Romans 10:13).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith and baptism are required and both are necessary acts 8 Philip preached Jesus how did he know about and desire baptism?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953,

Nobody "has" to sin....but we do...

If we don't have to sin, and, according to even your teaching, if we are born again we no longer want to sin, how is it that anyone who is born again sins?

Don't want to + don't have to = no sinning from my perspective.

What do you say?

I say the same thing that Jesus did.....” If you even THINK about having sex with somebody , you are as guilty as an Adulterer .....How is “ YOUR” Thought Life Doing?
Even if you “DO” EVERYTHING, you STILL have Sin problems.....how many Strangers did you invite into your home today to Feed and Clothe? That’s what I thought.....Those are called “ Sins Of OMISSION and you have failed utterly in that department —- even more than the other Department......
You need to “ give it up” and start Trusting in God’s Grace——THAT is God’s Way to handle sin

We don’t HAVE to Sin and we should not even “want” to, but we are Human and we are going to mess up many times in our Christian Walk—-we are not sinners because we sin.....we Sin because we are Sinners.
Sinning in the Life Of a Christian should diminish as God does HIS WORK of Transforming us into the Image Of His Son.....But The last bits of the “ Old Man” is going to be hanging around us at least until the Day we make it HOME...

So, are you saying that we have to sin because sin is defined by what is in the heart rather than what is on the outside? All this teaching about Jesus cleansing the inside of the cup and platter...however I don't think that you really believe that He is able to do that.

I trust that God's grace is able to change me from the inside out (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv))...

If we don't have to sin and we also don't want to sin, then what factor causes us to sin? Because you say that we don't have to sin and that as born again believers, neither do we want to; but that nevertheless we will sin...

My question to you is why would anyone sin if they don't have to and also don't want to sin? What factor remains as a factor that compels us to sin if those two factors have been dealt with?

If the old man is the factor, then what about the old man is the factor that causes us to sin? That we still want to sin or that we still have to because of the old man? Is there another factor that I am missing?

Last edited: