Nothing much left to say

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean love is a one way street. Where everyone is going the same way :) My father used to pull that saying on me when he thought I was not going his way. He did it to shame me, and that wasn't an act of love on his part.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I love my dad but he lives on that one way street too.
We get into head on collisions sometimes. I guess he learned that from his mother. But my mother taught me the two way.
My two older brothers took after my dad and I guess I took after my mom.
After my mother passed away some 25 years now, I went on with my life. And he went on with his. I would call once or twice a year to say Happy whatever, birthday, holiday... but for some reason the dial out never worked on his phone. Unless one of my brothers died.
So he called me two times in 20 some odd years. He just claims he's not a phone person, so I guess it's excusable.
Eventually my life took some detours and I ended back at the roost. And sometimes he questions why I didn't stay in touch more often.
So now he has me call him every night at 6 o'clock. One night I fell asleep and I guess he tried to call but I didn't hear the phone ring.
So I was awakened by a police officer knocking on my bedroom window with a flashlight, saying my dad sent him to check on me.
Then I got blasted when I did call. That never happened again.
He gave me money one day for gasoline and with it I baught a loaf of bread. He likes his toast in the morning and I was out.
When I told him I used some of the gas money for bread he went silent. I asked what was wrong. He accused me of only being out for his money like "everyone" else. When I tried to explain the situation to him, he gave me the meanest look, the deepest voice, and there was no way I was going to win that argument. He ended up telling me it was his way or the highway. This was like 4 years ago.

He just turned 88 this year and his health is failing. He has arthritis and can hardly hold a spoon. His legs are weak and he has a hard time with his walker. He is half deaf, one ear drum was puctured as a kid when his mom was cleaning his ears. And now he is in the hospital for the second time with a bladder infection which keeps getting into his blood.
His girlfriend that he lives with, despises me. She won't even say hello.
I went to the hospital on Friday and she was there having lunch with him. The minute I walked in the room, she grabbed her bag and left without saying a word. So, whatever. I can't control other peoples feelings or actions. They can't bring me down.
So Sunday I took my dad's shaving gear with me to the hospital and gave him a good shave as soon as visiting hours started at 8am. First time I ever shaved anybody.
I put some arthritis lotion on his knees and some cream on his heal that keeps drying out and peeling. And I made sure I left the building before the witch came to visit.

She's into making crafts, sews a lot. And goes to craft fairs to sell her wares all the time. Sometimes she goes a long distance and stays for a few days, so he comes and stays with me. When he gets out of the hospital this time, he will be coming to stay with me because she needs to go out of state to see her grandson. Maybe it's a wedding or something, nobody tells me anything.
I'll go shopping before I pick him up and get whatever I think I know he likes. Set up the livingroom where his bed is and his potty, and the tv where he likes to watch his westerns. We don't talk much, because talking usually leads to uncomfortable conversations where she can do no wrong and I can do no right.

It doesn't matter. He's my father and I love him and respect him, and I know he needs me.
I believe circumstances happened the way they did for a reason and God brought me back here to take care of him.
I have enough love in my heart for the both of us.

I could walk away but I choose not to. What good would that do. And we only live this life once to be the best that we can be, regardless of how others treat us. And I know my being here iritates the hell out of her. So there's that. :)

You can't let other people dictate how you live your life. You can't allow them to control your emotions.
And I know life aint easy and a lot of times it's not fair.
But every now and then I get an "I love you" out of my dad, and that's reward enough for me.
I know when he is with me he is safe, warm, and well fed. He never falls down when he's with me. Never has to go a day with a dirty butt.
Never has to get yelled at because I know which ear is the good one. And eats healthy because I like to cook rather then eat microwave dinners and fast food.

Just seems funny, everytime he leaves me he is looking good and moving around and happy. And for some reason when he comes back, he's either been released from the hospital with gout or an infection and needs to be nursed back to health.

Florence Nightingale???
I thought about that when you mentioned it.
Florence Nightingale was an English social reformer, statistician and the founder of modern nursing. Nightingale came to prominence while serving as a manager and trainer of nurses during the Crimean War, in which she organised care for wounded soldiers at Constantinople.Wikipedia

Well, I haven't had much training at this nursing thing. I just do the best I can with what God gave me for commonsense and a heart that refuses to hold grudges.

Your the master of your own universe. You decide what you allow to lift you up or let you down. You can give in, give up, or keep moving forward. I choose to keep moving forward, and not allow others to bring me down.
It's not an easy path, but it's the one I've chosen.
And I have no regrets. I know I'm doing the best I can. And I know I'm where I'm needed most.

I still miss my mom. But I'm really glad she gave me good driving lessons.

Love is a two way street even when some people only see it as a one way. You can't let their driving skills impair your own.
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometime early 1600's my ancestors made the voyage to America on the Mayflower.
They were given a few hundred acres of land by King George.
I'm living on the last 3.5 acres that had been willed down through this part of the family tree.
My grandmother sold it to my dad for $100.00.
When I was little around 4 years old, dad built a camp on the property. The original house had burned down years before.
We lived in Boston, that's where I was born. And every summer we would drive the 5 long hours to get to spend the summer in Maine where the grass was green, the air was fresh, the stars were bright, and fishing was fun. Me and my brothers would pick berries and sell them on the side of the road to get money for Blue Hill Fair that came right before we would have to go back to the city for school.
1969 the day Neil Armstrong walked on the moon was the day the roof was finished on the cottage and we moved inside away from those pesky mosquitoes that took up residence in the tents.
I helped mom with the garden. Went hiking in the woods with my oldest brother. And went fishing and swimming in the pond with my other brother.
We couldn't wait to load up the car and move up the highway those long 5 hours every June to September.
In 1985 my parents decided to sell the moving comapny they had and move up here permenantly.
They brought my grandmother with them and baught a mobile home for her to live in. (I'm living in that mobile home now)

I got married in 83 and stayed in the city raising my 4 year old daughter. When she turned 18 I got a divorce and remarried.
My daughter stayed with my parents in Maine until she also got married and had a son.
My second marriage took me across the highways in a Freightliner truck with a stepdeck trailer. We didn't get home much for almost 10 years.
Eventually I fell ill and had to go home to Florida where I was diagnosed with a blockage in my main artery. I'm disabled.
I can't walk very good. I'm tired a lot.
We got divorced because we didn't have health insurance and I needed to see a lot of doctors and we couldn't afford it.
Or so I thought that was the main reason... anywhooo
In the fall of 2017 we got hit by huricane Irma. It wiped out the little 1/4 acre we had with a 79 mobile home that we had remodeled twice due to termites.
My ex was on the road and didn't want to come home because he didn't want to put the truck in danger of the weather.
Priorities matter I guess.
After 3 weeks of no electricity and the driveway being flooded out and no way to get to a store, I finally called my dad and asked if I could stay in the trailer. He was living a few towns away with his girlfriend anyways. No one was using the property.
So almost 6 years ago I made the 3 day journey from Florida to Maine (I can't drive at night) with my mother-in-law, 10 cats and a dog in a Kia Sorento. I dropped her off with her other son who lived about 200 miles south of my dads.

One time my dad came to stay with me and we got talking about the property and what will happen to it after he passes away.
He told me he left it in a trust and would say no more. I didn't push the subject. I had no idea who the trust's name was left to.
All I asked was that I would be able to spend the rest of my days on the only property I ever knew as home.
He told me he didn't think there would be a problem but wasn't sure. My curiosity was peeked but I never pushed the subject.

Last fall he asked me to bring him to the lawyers office because he wanted to change the name of who the trust was in.
As I sat there with the lawyer I learned that he had left it to his girlfriends son and his children along with whatever he had in his bank accounts and all the things that had accumulated on the property through the years.
I was willed $2000.00 and my daughter was left an antique car that was left to rust and doesn't exist anymore.
I was surprised but not shocked. I had a feeling there was a reason his girlfriend wasn't thrilled when I came to live here.

So he looked at me and asked if he should leave it to me or my daughter. Seeing my mother passed away at 60, my oldest brother passed away at 40, and my other brother passed away at 56, me being 58 and a lot of odds against me, told him I thought it best if he leave it to his own grandaughter and his only greatgrandson.
This way the property remains in the family tree for at least another generation.

What made him change his mind is anyone's guess. All I know is since I got here he's been tossing between whether he wants to stay with her or come here and live with me. This is the place he runs away to when things get gnarly over there. Or when he gets sick and needs mending.

I suppose I could have some hard feelings about him cutting his only living child and grandchild basically out of all property rights that had been let down through the family tree for generations. But it didn't really matter to me. I never asked for more than a roof over my head in a home nobody lived in. And he gave me that.
And now I know that when I am gone, my daughter and my grandson also have a place they can call home.
She''ll be moving up here someday when it's my turn to be looked after. She will grow the garden and my grandson will go fishing and swimming in the pond.

Much Love
Hugs

Reactions: Keturah and Lambano

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
God did not kill Lucifer on the spot, but have him a planet with a people to attempt to rule, in order to prove that living outside of God's laws and government is feasible. I want you to look around and ask yourself, how has that experiment turned out? And yet you then, hypocritically, blame God for all the trouble you have.
This is nonsense. It's not a level playing field. Giving someone a sandbox planet to run but withholding from them the ONE thing humans need to thrive (the "Tree Of Life") is a nonsense. There will always be illness, disease, death and decay without the Stone. It is the universal life force we all need. Removing it from humanity is utterly wicked and from that wicked decision absolutely everything else follows, the lack of resources, humans fighting each other for those resources to survive, horrible illnesses, suffering of all kinds.
The scenario you paint is an abomination. It's asking someone to show you that they can run 100m in 10 secs and shackling their ankles together. It's an act of self-delusion.

Teaching their children, those that survived, that this 'is the way'.

But God gave them all opportunity to learn new ways, to learn and obey His laws, which are laws based on love, protecting one another's freedoms, and honoring one another's lives and property.

All laws restrict freedom. The presence of a law confirms the presence of one or more tyrants who seek to rule others, to control them and be top dog. So has it always been. There can be no freedom whilst you are living under the cosh of someone else's laws.

The world is a myriad of different rulers and different laws. If you don't like the laws of where you live, you can move somewhere else where you prefer their laws. However you can't escape laws because the world has long since been won and ruled by a privileged few who run the show. You've simply chosen to side with one such ruler. You placed your bet believing that you backed the ultimate winner, the ruler that will prevail. Yet you've still chosen slavery in so doing. Millions backed Hitler convinced he would prevail, others backed Pol Pot, Idi Amin etc. Millions today back the leaders of the Middle East who rule brutally. It's all slavery.

There is no free will. We live in a prison (the Earth) from which we cannot escape and the one thing humans need to survive and thrive has been deliberately kept from us by tyrants. From that wicked action all suffering ensues. Wars, fighting for resources, disease, illness, decay and death.

The Tree Of Life must be given to all humanity, freely, without condition.

Those that keep it for themselves are wicked tyrants

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is nonsense. It's not a level playing field. Giving someone a sandbox planet to run but withholding from them the ONE thing humans need to thrive (the "Tree Of Life") is a nonsense. There will always be illness, disease, death and decay without the Stone. It is the universal life force we all need. Removing it from humanity is utterly wicked and from that wicked decision absolutely everything else follows, the lack of resources, humans fighting each other for those resources to survive, horrible illnesses, suffering of all kinds.
The scenario you paint is an abomination. It's asking someone to show you that they can run 100m in 10 secs and shackling their ankles together. It's an act of self-delusion.

All laws restrict freedom. The presence of a law confirms the presence of one or more tyrants who seek to rule others, to control them and be top dog. So has it always been. There can be no freedom whilst you are living under the cosh of someone else's laws.

The world is a myriad of different rulers and different laws. If you don't like the laws of where you live, you can move somewhere else where you prefer their laws. However you can't escape laws because the world has long since been won and ruled by a privileged few who run the show. You've simply chosen to side with one such ruler. You placed your bet believing that you backed the ultimate winner, the ruler that will prevail. Yet you've still chosen slavery in so doing. Millions backed Hitler convinced he would prevail, others backed Pol Pot, Idi Amin etc. Millions today back the leaders of the Middle East who rule brutally. It's all slavery.

There is no free will. We live in a prison (the Earth) from which we cannot escape and thee on thing humans need to survive and thrive has been deliberately kept from us by tyrants. From that wicked action all suffering ensues. Wars, fighting for resources, disease, illness, decay and death.

:D
Hugs

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I wish you would stop embedding endless YT clips in threads. It takes ages to load the webpage because of it.

Can you not just provide the URL Link? Thanks

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish you would stop embedding endless YT clips in threads. It takes ages to load the webpage because of it.

Can you not just provide the URL Link? Thanks
That is the URL Link.
I click on the link and poof there it is.
Just like magic
:)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Yeah, I know what you mean. I love my dad but he lives on that one way street too.
We get into head on collisions sometimes. I guess he learned that from his mother. But my mother taught me the two way.
After my mother passed away some 25 years now, I went on with my life. And he went on with his. I would call once or twice a year to say Happy whatever, birthday, holiday... but for some reason the dial out never worked on his phone. Unless one of my brothers died.
So he called me two times in 20 some odd years. He just claims he's not a phone person, so I guess it's excusable.
Eventually my life took some detours and I ended back at the roost. And sometimes he questions why I didn't stay in touch more often.
So now he has me call him every night at 6 o'clock. One night I fell asleep and I guess he tried to call but I didn't hear the phone ring.
So I was awakened by a police officer knocking on my bedroom window with a flashlight, saying my dad sent him to check on me.
He gave me money one day for gasoline and with it I baught a loaf of bread. He likes his toast in the morning and I was out.
When I told him I used some of the gas money for bread he went silent. I asked what was wrong. He accused me of only being out for his money like "everyone" else. When I tried to explain the situation to him, he gave me the meanest look, the deepest voice, and there was no way I was going to win that argument. He ended up telling me it was his way or the highway. This was like 4 years ago.

He just turned 88 this year and his health is failing. He has arthritis and can hardly hold a spoon. His legs are weak and he has a hard time with his walker. He is half deaf, one ear drum was puctured as a kid when his mom was cleaning his ears. And now he is in the hospital for the second time with a bladder infection which keeps getting into his blood.
I went to the hospital on Friday and she was there having lunch with him. The minute I walked in the room, she grabbed her bag and left without saying a word. So, whatever. I can't control other peoples feelings or actions. They can't bring me down.
So Sunday I took my dad's shaving gear with me to the hospital and gave him a good shave as soon as visiting hours started at 8am. First time I ever shaved anybody.
I put some arthritis lotion on his knees and some cream on his heal that keeps drying out and peeling. And I made sure I left the building before the witch came to visit.

She's into making crafts, sews a lot. And goes to craft fairs to sell her wares all the time. Sometimes she goes a long distance and stays for a few days, so he comes and stays with me. When he gets out of the hospital this time, he will be coming to stay with me because she needs to go out of state to see her grandson. Maybe it's a wedding or something, nobody tells me anything.
I'll go shopping before I pick him up and get whatever I think I know he likes. Set up the livingroom where his bed is and his potty, and the tv where he likes to watch his westerns. We don't talk much, because talking usually leads to uncomfortable conversations where she can do no wrong and I can do no right.

It doesn't matter. He's my father and I love him and respect him, and I know he needs me.
I believe circumstances happened the way they did for a reason and God brought me back here to take care of him.

I could walk away but I choose not to. What good would that do. And we only live this life once to be the best that we can be, regardless of how others treat us. And I know my being here iritates the hell out of her. So there's that. :)

You can't let other people dictate how you live your life. You can't allow them to control your emotions.
But every now and then I get an "I love you" out of my dad, and that's reward enough for me.
I know when he is with me he is safe, warm, and well fed. He never falls down when he's with me. Never has to go a day with a dirty butt.
Never has to get yelled at because I know which ear is the good one. And eats healthy because I like to cook rather then eat microwave dinners and fast food.

Just seems funny, everytime he leaves me he is looking good and moving around and happy. And for some reason when he comes back, he's either been released from the hospital with gout or an infection and needs to be nursed back to health.

Florence Nightingale???
Florence Nightingale was an English social reformer, statistician and the founder of modern nursing. Nightingale came to prominence while serving as a manager and trainer of nurses during the Crimean War, in which she organised care for wounded soldiers at Constantinople.Wikipedia

Well, I haven't had much training at this nursing thing. I just do the best I can with what God gave me for commonsense and a heart that refuses to hold grudges.

Your the master of your own universe. You decide what you allow to lift you up or let you down. You can give in, give up, or keep moving forward. I choose to keep moving forward, and not allow others to bring me down.
And I have no regrets. I know I'm doing the best I can. And I know I'm where I'm needed most.

Love is a two way street even when some people only see it as a one way. You can't let their driving skills impair your own.
HUGS

OIP.jpeg
This is a two way street, where traffic flows in two different directions. Believing this is how love should function in a give and take scenario is a serious error. Because the people using the road in this situation are technically going past each other, not with each other. Jesus never said the narrow road was a two way street.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Florence Nightingale???

HUGS

Way to honor your dad. :Bestest: You are strong in The Lord sister, press on!

Reactions: Lambano

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Weee! I love Jesus because he makes me feel gooood. There in is your destruction.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 31852
This is a two way street, where traffic flows in two different directions. Believing this is how love should function in a give and take scenario is a serious error. Because the people using the road in this situation are technically going past each other, not with each other. Jesus never said the narrow road was a two way street.
1682559892132.png

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I picked my dad up at the hospital today. I guess he came to the conclusion that he will be staying with me permenantly.
I wonder how long before the firworks start??
:p

Thank You @Nancy
Much Love

so tired, it's been a long day.
Goodnight friends.

Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

There is no free will. We live in a prison (the Earth) from which we cannot escape and the one thing humans need to survive and thrive has been deliberately kept from us by tyrants. From that wicked action all suffering ensues. Wars, fighting for resources, disease, illness, decay and death.

Every time you post you reveal yourself more and more as Satan's mouthpiece, his puppet.
All laws restrict freedom.
No. Good laws enhance freedom. Tell me. How much freedom would you have if God rescinded the law of gravity?
The presence of a law confirms the presence of one or more tyrants who seek to rule others, to control them and be top dog.
In some cases that is true. But what of an association that has as it's principle goal to help others, such as surf life saving. What would be the result if a surf life saving club had no limitations and no rules as to who could be a member? Heaven is no different. There are conditions, and first and foremost is the condition that you abide with the laws of the governing power... Your Creator. If you don't want to submit to the ultimate authority of the universe, then that's on you. Create your own world of anarchy. Oh wait, don't bother, this world is heading in that direction. Be patient and you'll have your way.
There can be no freedom whilst you are living under the cosh of someone else's laws.
Despite your pretensions to some higher knowledge and understanding, you are actually spiritually and mentally blind. Look around you. Describe to me the wonderful society being created by those ignoring law? You can start anywhere you like... Corrupt governments and rulers, or petty thieves and domestic wife abusers.

Reactions: Nancy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe I came from a line of humanity that had it's genesis in the creation of man by God.
Others here I presume, though they haven't voiced this directly, believe they come from a series of mutants and accidental malfunctions in genetics, the latest taking place 100s of thousands years ago when monkeys have birth to humans.
The more they write here, the more I am convinced they are correct.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it is merely an empty philosophical meaningless vacuum, a man made concoction created to please just one person... You.
I like your signature too

Brakelite said:
You cannot have faith in justification through the Lamb but reject the faith that believes in the power and willingness of the Father to recreate us in the image of the Lamb.

If your enemies understood this, they would not be so quick to make light and jest of your faith!

Reactions: Brakelite

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Why won't life kill me already. I'm sick of living in this bent consumer society. Hurry up universe and take back this thing called me.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think the universe needs to make a mass recall on this planet (Because the products it made are malfunctioning) If there is a God. What the cajubles is it doing? (Cajubles is not a word) No one needs a God who only lives invisibly in their hearts, functioning like a coping method, while it does nothing. God is no friend of mine, because a friend would do something when it had the power to do so.

Reactions: Brakelite

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I am dead. This is not life. This is the place of the dead. I'm thinking we are all living in hell (Real hell, now) punishment for something we all did some other place, from some other existence.