Now the real fight beings [1 John 5:18]

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For we know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him

Before i became a Christian the devil had me right where he wanted me. A hapless drunk living for my addiction. But then Christ entered my life and taught me how better to live. But about a year later after becoming Christian, that's when the devil really started coming after me. It's been said that once you enlist under the banner of Jesus, then the real spiritual fight starts. I believe this to be true, in spite of the above scripture, and im trying to make sense of it. The devil sees Christians as threats to his dominion and so he attacks them in multitudinous ways. Through temptations and vices and ill temperaments and the world and the flesh and many other ways. But why does this verse say the evil one toucheth not the Christian? All will be seasoned by fire and the Lord uses the devil to test and prove and purify and sanctify us through affliction (or so I've been led to believe) can anyone shed light on this passage? Jesus Himself was made perfect through affliction. The devil never left Him alone for long.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For we know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him

Before i became a Christian the devil had me right where he wanted me. A hapless drunk living for my addiction. But then Christ entered my life and taught me how better to live. But about a year later after becoming Christian, that's when the devil really started coming after me. It's been said that once you enlist under the banner of Jesus, then the real spiritual fight starts. I believe this to be true, in spite of the above scripture, and im trying to make sense of it. The devil sees Christians as threats to his dominion and so he attacks them in multitudinous ways. Through temptations and vices and ill temperaments and the world and the flesh and many other ways. But why does this verse say the evil one toucheth not the Christian? All will be seasoned by fire and the Lord uses the devil to test and prove and purify and sanctify us through affliction (or so I've been led to believe) can anyone shed light on this passage? Jesus Himself was made perfect through affliction. The devil never left Him alone for long.
Im glad your life changed as you came to the Lord.

I never thought the devil ever had me under his spell as i was using meth, and marijuana to ease my own pains and run away from responsibility.

Because it was me doing meth, and marijuana by my own choosing: call it my wicked dark self - even while using those drugs i still prayed and called out to and believed in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and i believed he defeated the devil and he was done away with.

The truth is every day people are responsible for themselves and what they do… all are slaves to sin by nature of the flesh - they have their own thoughts and in the end end what they may do it can lead to going right back into spiritual death and unbelief.

Finally its been nearly going one month and eight days since my last use of meth or marijauana and the wicked me is still at bay though he knows he can go back and use if he wants to. Its Christ in me that holds him back.

Since to me satan is gone that doesnt mean that darkness is gone or that yhe spirit of the world are gone “spirit of greed; etc…”