Now We Have ADS ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it quite disturbing as I have been known to have fits through flashing images.
Sorry to hear this, @Pearl! Are you diagnosed with epilepsy or something? Have you had this issue all your life?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've done that, but it isn't working. I'm wondering if the plug in works on Android because usually use my phone for posting.
Try Epic Privacy Browser. I use that and see no ads or popups. I LOVE that FB hates Epic. LOL! Must be doing something right if FB doesn't like you bc you're hard to track.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm getting ads for women's dresses. I guess my secret is out.:oops:

I'm going to have to drop a few pounds before I can fit into these ones, though.

I’m getting all kinds of stupid ads.
Save money, save money, save money...
I have never saved money by buying something.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New ad...
Suffering from ear wax?

No, I’m suffer from AD-waxing, and waxing, and waxing.
I need some AD-waning. :p

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Try Epic Privacy Browser. I use that and see no ads or popups. I LOVE that FB hates Epic. LOL! Must be doing something right if FB doesn't like you bc you're hard to track.
Thank you. I'll give it a go. I think there's something about my particular phone that isn't allowing Firefox to use the AdBlock addon. I dunno. I'm not tech savvy.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I'll give it a go. I think there's something about my particular phone that isn't allowing Firefox to use the AdBlock addon. I dunno. I'm not tech savvy.
You're welcome. I was beginning to wonder if I was invisible to everyone because no one was acknowledging my multiple posts sharing how to deal with this ad issue. lol
I hope it works for you like it is for me. :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're welcome. I was beginning to wonder if I was invisible to everyone because no one was acknowledging my multiple posts sharing how to deal with this ad issue. lol
I hope it works for you like it is for me. :)
Actually, it took almost a day to lock in, but seems good now. Hope it continues:) thanks again for the tip.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A lot of these ads are automated. We have filters in place to block these ads but sometimes they slip through. I’ve already contacted the agency and got a response.

Here’s what they said:
“Theses types of ads are always on our target list to block however advertisers use some deceptive coding and naming which allows them to slip through. This might just be part of our startup but you and unfortunately a reader from time time will alert us to one of these ads and we block that advertiser or ad. Our entire clientele are faith based and have the same zero tolerance for bad ads. We spend hours every week applying new walls to our filters in response.
I wanted you to know we take this very seriously and Andy has directed the team to respond”
Any idea how long it will take to get rid of this intrusion? It takes away from the spiritual discussions, and brings the greedy commercial world into a place where it is not welcome.
ThumbsDown
How did the old owners fund the site?

I stopped watching television because of the ads, sometimes 15 in a row.....more ads than program, and now they are spoiling YouTube and FaceBook....we are so used to not having these "in your face" ads here, that to all of a sudden and without warning, wake up to the intrusion, its extremely annoying. I would not buy these products because of how rudely they are thrown in your face.
Ads here are like.....
horse
crybaby

Will gladly support the site with an affordable donation if it means we can go back to the way it was.....?
max
Please......?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First timeouts...then a page full of commercial ads?

Or is it just me?​

I use Google Chrome and it's not like that on their home page. It's not on all websites, but I do notice it's now on Biblegateway.com. too.

What gives?​

I use Firefox and I've got them too. I contacted them but they are ignoring me.