Now We Have ADS ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just clicked on a scripture and an ad came up immediately....we can’t even access God’s Word here without this interference now? This is bordering on harassment! o_O

Does persistent pestering really make people buy things? It would make me want to avoid them. IDK
I have an idea . Maybe the owner of said website makesm money based on the adds . its the only thing i can think .
Cause all of a sudden adds are popping up like crazy .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have an idea . Maybe the owner of said website makesm money based on the adds . its the only thing i can think .
Cause all of a sudden adds are popping up like crazy .

I am one of 4 admins on an educational site. We ask for donations from members, if they can. We have avoided ads in this way.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to complain, but something is amiss. Ads are one thing. Distinctly non-Christian adds are another.

This is going to come up whenever someone else notices it, so we might as well get things out in the open and be discussing it now.

See this and the next post:
New Owner/Admin @CyB

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am one of 4 admins on an educational site. We ask for donations from members, if they can. We have avoided ads in this way.
I have been checking out ad blockers and it seems like an overall invasion of your privacy (if we ever had any) giving them access to everything on your computer....
As on your site and others, a small fee to access it would help to make it ad free....there appears to be a huge backlash against it, and the new owners will lose posters as a result. Time to rethink this.....its a very sad addition to CB.
nono
About as inappropriate as you can get.

If they can give us an ad free site with a small affordable donation, I for one would take advantage, as I have done on other sites that stole my data without my permission.
ThumbsDown
Time to fight off these greedy predators.....
swordfight

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m getting tarot card ads….
A lot of these ads are automated. We have filters in place to block these ads but sometimes they slip through. I’ve already contacted the agency and got a response.

Here’s what they said:
“Theses types of ads are always on our target list to block however advertisers use some deceptive coding and naming which allows them to slip through. This might just be part of our startup but you and unfortunately a reader from time time will alert us to one of these ads and we block that advertiser or ad. Our entire clientele are faith based and have the same zero tolerance for bad ads. We spend hours every week applying new walls to our filters in response.
I wanted you to know we take this very seriously and Andy has directed the team to respond”

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is it showing a woman wearing them? Or is it just showing the articles of clothing?

Also this one.

Experience an Angel Prediction, Message
from Heaven & Secrets of the Angels,
here and now

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First timeouts...then a page full of commercial ads?

Or is it just me?​

I use Google Chrome and it's not like that on their home page. It's not on all websites, but I do notice it's now on Biblegateway.com. too.

What gives?​

IDK, thought is was some stupid glitch on my phone.
Irritating! Full Pages, top, middle, bottom...VERY annoying!

Looked up how to stop...Ha open your Google account, to adjust preference. I don’t have a Google account...but I can get one to not get ad attacked. Invasive underhanded marketing.