Observations about the law, the Law, God's law, Christ's law - four different things

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is most certainly referring to Mosaic law. (the law)
From the OP... pasted below.

The law, God's law, Christ's law; three different things.

The Apostle differentiates between each one. Three different things.
He says he is not under the law, though he is not free from God's law,
but is under Christ's law. Three different things. See verse 21,

1 Corinthians 9:19-22 NIV
Though I am free and belong to no one,
I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.
20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews.
To those under the law I became like one under the law
(though I myself am not under the law),
so as to win those under the law.
21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law
(though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law),
so as to win those not having the law.
22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak.
I have become all things to all people so that
by all possible means I might save some.

/
God is not in disagreement with Himself about which laws we should follow, so the Law of God is the same as the Law of Christ, the Law of the Spirit, and the Law of the Father, which was given to Moses. In Deuteronomy 5:31-33, Moses wrote down everything God commanded without departing from it, so all of the Law of Moses was given by God and is thus the Law of God, which is why it is referred to as being the Law of God in verses like Nehemiah 8:1-8, Ezra 7:6-12, and Luke 2:22-23. If Paul had been saying that he was not under the Mosaic Law, then it would have been contradictory for him to say that he was not free from God's law and that he was under Christ's law.

Did Cain know it was a sin to murder his brother?
Did Abram know it was a sin to mate with Hagar?
Did Lot understand that what was happening in Sodom was sinful?
None of them had the Mosaic law.

The Apostle tells us that sin was in the world before the law.
Seems the law he is referring to is God's law of human conscience.
Have you read the OP posts for this topic? ??? Might help.

/
Many of God's laws were given prior to when they were given at Sinai. For example, in Genesis 4:7, God told Cain that sin was crouching at the door and that he must master it, which implies that he already knew what sin is and had already been given laws in that regard. The fact that the penalty for committing murder is death and the fact that Cain was not given the death penalty means that he was not found guilty of committing murder, but rather him being concerned about being avenged and being given protection was in accordance with what would be commanded in Deuteronomy 19 in regard to how to treat someone who commits accidental manslaughter.

In Genesis 7:2, Noah was given instructions for what to do with clean and unclean animals without being told how to tell the difference, and in 8:20, he knew the offer a clean animal, so he must have already been given laws in that regard. In Genesis 39:9, Joseph knew that it was a sin to commit adultery. In Genesis 26:5, Abraham heard God's voice and guarded His charge, commandments, statutes, and laws.

Sin is what is contrary to God's eternal nature and sin is the transgression of God's law because it divides between what is in accordance with or contrary to God's nature. For example, righteousness is in accordance with God's nature while unrighteousness is sin. Sin was in the world because people could act in a way that is contrary to God's nature before they had been given laws again doing that, moreover, the fact that sin was in the world before the law was given means that there were no actions that become righteous or unrighteous when the law was given, but rather the law revealed what has always been and will always be the way to do that.

St. SteVen said:
What do you make of this?

Romans 3:21 NIV
But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known,
to which the Law and the Prophets testify.

I agree, depending on your definition of the term "God's law".
How do you define the term "God's law"? If you mean the Mosaic law, then I disagree.

Romans 2:14-16 NIV
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law,
do by nature things required by the law,
they are a law for themselves,
even though they do not have the law.
15 They show that the requirements of the law
are written on their hearts,
their consciences also bearing witness,
and their thoughts sometimes accusing them
and at other times even defending them.)
16 This will take place on the day
when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ,
as my gospel declares.

Romans 7:22 NIV
For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;

/
In Romans 2:13-16, Paul said that only doers of the Mosaic Law will be justified, so he was speaking about believing Gentiles by nature being doers of the Mosaic Law that our consciences bear witness to, not about a separate law. Likewise, in Romans 2:25, the way to recognize that a Gentile has a circumcised heart is by observing their obedience to the Mosaic Law, so he was not switching to speaking about a different law.

David repeatedly said throughout the Psalms that he loved the Mosaic Law and delighted in obeying it, so if we consider the Psalms to be Scripture and to therefore express a correct view of obeying the Mosaic Law, then we will share it as Paul did (Romans 7:22). For example, in Psalms 1-2, blessed are those who delight in the Law of the Lord and who mediate on it day and night, so we can't believe in the truth of these words as Scripture while not allowing them to shape our view of obeying the Mosaic Law.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P.S. - i am coming from the Truth that SAVED me and i am going Forward and Upward in the Way the Truth the Life
What are you claiming about anyone who doesn't follow you?

Is not salvation by grace alone? Not by works of the law, so no one can boast? (as you seem to be)

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not in disagreement with Himself about which laws we should follow, so the Law of God is the same as the Law of Christ, the Law of the Spirit, and the Law of the Father, which was given to Moses. In Deuteronomy 5:31-33, Moses wrote down everything God commanded without departing from it, so all of the Law of Moses was given by God and is thus the Law of God, which is why it is referred to as being the Law of God in verses like Nehemiah 8:1-8, Ezra 7:6-12, and Luke 2:22-23. If Paul had been saying that he was not under the Mosaic Law, then it would have been contradictory for him to say that he was not free from God's law and that he was under Christ's law.
Do you wear tassels? Just as binding as the Sabbath,
Did God tell Moses that the Sabbath was to be observed for the generations to come?

Numbers 15:37-39 NIV
The Lord said to Moses,
38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them:
‘Throughout the generations to come you are
to make tassels on the corners of your garments,
with a blue cord on each tassel.
39 You will have these tassels to look at and
so you will remember all the commands of the Lord,
that you may obey them and not
prostitute yourselves by chasing after the
lusts of your own hearts and eyes.

Deuteronomy 22:12 NIV
Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am opposing works religion, salvation by the law AND so is God = Exodus 31:12-17
This is only binding on Israelites.
I'm not an Israelite, are you?

The Sabbath among Israelites is a whole community religious activity. (works)

/

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wear tassels? Just as binding as the Sabbath,
Did God tell Moses that the Sabbath was to be observed for the generations to come?

Numbers 15:37-39 NIV
The Lord said to Moses,
38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them:
‘Throughout the generations to come you are
to make tassels on the corners of your garments,
with a blue cord on each tassel.
39 You will have these tassels to look at and
so you will remember all the commands of the Lord,
that you may obey them and not
prostitute yourselves by chasing after the
lusts of your own hearts and eyes.

Deuteronomy 22:12 NIV
Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear.

/
Indeed, I do, though if I were not following a particular command, then that would mean that I should repent, not that I am wrong about the fact that followers of God ought to follow what He has commanded in accordance with the example that Christ set for us to follow. Christ wore tassels (Matthew 9:20-22), which is especially significant considering what they symbolize in regard to what it means to be his follower.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is not salvation by grace alone? Not by works of the law, so no one can boast? (as you seem to be)

/

What in the world are you saying here???

Anyone who desires to know God must follow "the Way, the Truth and the Life" = the LORD Jesus Christ

Correct
Are you still jumping to conclusions without reading my posts? - 131 , 136 , 138 ,139

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
TODAY, God's Sabbath Rest is binding upon the whole world.

Do you know where in the Gospel the Lord Jesus said this?

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What in the world are you saying here???

Anyone who desires to know God must follow "the Way, the Truth and the Life" = the LORD Jesus Christ

Correct
Are you still jumping to conclusions without reading my posts? - 131 , 136 , 138 ,139
Do you agree or disagree that Christians should walk in God's way in accordance with His instructions for how to know Him?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree or disagree that Christians should walk in God's way in accordance with His instructions for how to know Him?
The Holy Scriptures continually declare to us that we should only follow God's Way = Genesis + Prophets = Gospel

Genesis 3:14
So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Prophets Jeremiah , Isaiah , Zechariah

Jeremiah 31:31
Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—
not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke,

Isaiah 42:6
“Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2He will not cry out, nor raise His voice,
Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
3A bruised reed He will not break,
And smoking flax He will not quench;
He will bring forth justice for truth.
4He will not fail nor be discouraged,
Till He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands shall wait for His law.”

5Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
Who gives breath to the people on it,
And spirit to those who walk on it:
6“I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;

I will keep You and give You as a Covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles,

Zechariah 9:9
“Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold, your King is coming to you;
He is just and having salvation,
Lowly and riding on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a donkey.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/

Here my Brother - let me assist you with your statement.

The Saturday sabbath rest among Israelites is a whole community = NON activity = NO work is permitted

Exodus 31:14-15
"You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you.
Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death;
for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.
Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord.
Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

GOD spoke 3 times just to make sure everyone 'gets the MESSAGE'

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here my Brother - let me assist you with your statement.

The Saturday sabbath rest among Israelites is a whole community = NON activity = NO work is permitted

Exodus 31:14-15
"You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you.
Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death;
for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.
Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord.
Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

GOD spoke 3 times just to make sure everyone 'gets the MESSAGE'
Are you suggesting that non-Sabbatarians be put to death?
That's what God is saying according to you, right?

/

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that non-Sabbatarians be put to death?
That's what God is saying according to you, right?

/
@St. SteVen says: "That's what God is saying according to you, right?"

#1 - i did not write Scripture

#2 - God commanded, under the Old Covenant Mosaic law the LIFE for obedience and DEATH for working on the LORD"S Sabbath Rest.
The MOST obvious Sabbath violators is the Roman Catholic Church.

#3- the LORD Jesus Christ also declared a "LIFE and REST" if you Believe on Him and "DEATH" if anyone rejcts/works on HIS REST.

#4 - Post #149

God's Eternal Sabbath Rest is the CENTRAL Declaration of the NEW Covenant.

You will find the Lord Jesus Christ emphatically declaring this, and it is for ALL nations.

Please go to the GOSPEL and find where the Lord Jesus Christ Proclaimed this.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Eternal Sabbath Rest is the CENTRAL Declaration of the NEW Covenant.

You will find the Lord Jesus Christ emphatically declaring this, and it is for ALL nations.
You seem to be the Lone Ranger on this. I don't see other Sabbatarians agreeing with you.
How come?

1707939322535.jpeg

/

• Haha
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be the Lone Ranger on this. I don't see other Sabbatarians agreeing with you.
How come?

View attachment 41641

/
lol - Looks like a picture of the Antichrist waiting for his turn to come riding in to save the day!

Saturday sabbatarians are looking at the physical, OT law of saturday worship.

New Covenant Sabbatarians are those in CHRIST and are under HIS NEW Covenant of Eternal REST.

Old versus NEW and IMPROVED by the Precious BLOOD of CHRIST = Jeremiah 31:31

"Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke,"

NEW and IMPROVED Covenant =Eternal and will never fade away = covers ALL nations

Matthew 11:25-30
At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday sabbatarians are looking at the physical, OT law of saturday worship.

New Covenant Sabbatarians are those in CHRIST and are under HIS NEW Covenant of Eternal REST.

Old versus NEW and IMPROVED by the Precious BLOOD of CHRIST = Jeremiah 31:31
Does ANYONE have ANY idea what this guy is talking about?

/

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does ANYONE have ANY idea what this guy is talking about?

/

These are the THREE who came UP with the TRUTH = FATHER / SON / HOLY SPIRIT

You can bring all your questions to THEM and THEY will point you back to THEIR words.

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” - Mattthew 11:25-30

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Scriptures continually declare to us that we should only follow God's Way
I agree.

In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to walk in His way that he and Israel might know him, and the Bible repeatedly describes the Mosaic Law as being God's way:

Joshua 22:5 Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

1 Kings 2:1-3 When David's time to die drew near, he commanded Solomon his son, saying, 2 “I am about to go the way of all the earth. Be strong, and show yourself a man, 3 and keep the charge of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and keeping his statutes, his commandments, his rules, and his testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn,

Psalms 25:4-10 Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. 5 Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. 6 Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old. 7 Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness, O Lord! 8 Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. 9 He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. 10 All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.

Psalms 103:6-8 The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. 7 He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the people of Israel. 8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

Psalms 119:1-8 Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! 2 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, 3 who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways! 4 You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. 5 Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! 6 Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments. 7 I will praise you with an upright heart, when I learn your righteous rules. 8 I will keep your statutes; do not utterly forsake me!

Isaiah 2:2-3 It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow to it, 3 and many peoples shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Isaiah 42:24 Who handed Jacob over to become loot, and Israel to the plunderers? Was it not the Lord, against whom we have sinned? For they would not follow his ways; they did not obey his law.

Malachi 2:4-9 So shall you know that I have sent this command to you, that my covenant with Levi may stand, says the Lord of hosts. 5 My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him. It was a covenant of fear, and he feared me. He stood in awe of my name. 6 True instruction was in his mouth, and no wrong was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many from iniquity. 7 For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts. 8 But you have turned aside from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi, says the Lord of hosts, 9 and so I make you despised and abased before all the people, inasmuch as you do not keep my ways but show partiality in your instruction.”

To save space, all of these verses equate obeying God's commands with walking in His ways: Deuteronomy 5:32-33, Deuteronomy 8:6, Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Deuteronomy 19:9, Deuteronomy 26:16-19, Deuteronomy 28:9, Deuteronomy 30:15-16, 1 Kings 3:14, 1 Kings 8:57-58, 1 Kings 11:33, 1 Kings 11:38, Judges 2:16-23 and Jeremiah 6:16-19.

So will you also agree that Christians should walk in God's way by obeying the Mosaic Law?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So will you also agree that Christians should walk in God's way by obeying the Mosaic Law?

You teach to obey the lawe of sin and death while Christianity was made free from the Mosaic law of sin and death.

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law- Galatians 3:13

the law entangles with the yoke of bondage- Galatians 5:1

if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law - Galatians 5:18

the strength of sin is the law- 1 Corinthians 15:56

the law worketh wrath- Romans 4:15

we are not under the law- Romans 6:15

ye also are become dead to the law - Romans 7:4

we are delivered from the law- Romans 7:6

we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter- Romans 7:6

Jesus made us free from the law of sin and death- Romans 8:2

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to walk in His way that he and Israel might know him, and the Bible repeatedly describes the Mosaic Law as being God's way:

Joshua 22:5 Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

1 Kings 2:1-3 When David's time to die drew near, he commanded Solomon his son, saying, 2 “I am about to go the way of all the earth. Be strong, and show yourself a man, 3 and keep the charge of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and keeping his statutes, his commandments, his rules, and his testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn,

Psalms 25:4-10 Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. 5 Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. 6 Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old. 7 Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness, O Lord! 8 Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. 9 He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. 10 All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.

Psalms 103:6-8 The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. 7 He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the people of Israel. 8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

Psalms 119:1-8 Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! 2 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, 3 who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways! 4 You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. 5 Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! 6 Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments. 7 I will praise you with an upright heart, when I learn your righteous rules. 8 I will keep your statutes; do not utterly forsake me!

Isaiah 2:2-3 It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow to it, 3 and many peoples shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Isaiah 42:24 Who handed Jacob over to become loot, and Israel to the plunderers? Was it not the Lord, against whom we have sinned? For they would not follow his ways; they did not obey his law.

Malachi 2:4-9 So shall you know that I have sent this command to you, that my covenant with Levi may stand, says the Lord of hosts. 5 My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him. It was a covenant of fear, and he feared me. He stood in awe of my name. 6 True instruction was in his mouth, and no wrong was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many from iniquity. 7 For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts. 8 But you have turned aside from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi, says the Lord of hosts, 9 and so I make you despised and abased before all the people, inasmuch as you do not keep my ways but show partiality in your instruction.”

To save space, all of these verses equate obeying God's commands with walking in His ways: Deuteronomy 5:32-33, Deuteronomy 8:6, Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Deuteronomy 19:9, Deuteronomy 26:16-19, Deuteronomy 28:9, Deuteronomy 30:15-16, 1 Kings 3:14, 1 Kings 8:57-58, 1 Kings 11:33, 1 Kings 11:38, Judges 2:16-23 and Jeremiah 6:16-19.

ALL the scriptures you posted are all TRUTH.

The SUM/Completion/Purpose of Scripture for us, is to lead us to CHRIST.

Galatians 3:19
What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made;

Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

The Mosaic law was TEMPORARY = Galatians 3:21-25
But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

FAITH in the LORD Jesus Christ RISES Above the Mosaic law = Galatians 3:25
But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor/Mosaic law.

We are not under the old covenant

In that the LORD says, “A new covenant,” HE has made the first (Mosaic law) obsolete. - Hebrews 8:13

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. - Romans 10:4

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

Continued from Post #159

We are commanded to follow God's Way unto Eternal Life.

Hebrews 8:1-2
Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.

The law given to Moses was temporary and by CHRIST bringing in a NEW and BETTER Covenant, the old is removed from our Path to Righteousness.

YESHUA HaMoshiach is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE = no man comes to the Father but thru ME...........follow JESUS only

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption
that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:30