Of Faith and Justice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
Under encouragement from fellow posters at Christianity Board, I just uploaded a short video concerning the Parable of the Unjust Judge. I think this thread should go where it needs to go.

Enjoy. I hope you like it and that you find it helpful.

@stunnedbygrace @Nancy @Lambano @APAK @MatthewG
Thanks for your care and your encouragement.

Your brother in Christ

Of faith and justice

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @CadyandZoe,

Thank you for sharing, though we have different perspectives. (watched and listened twice).

It is good to not give up and continue praying and give praise to God, in faith and understanding that one day we will pass away from this life moving on to the heavenly realm - hopefully to go and be with God in his Kingdom in that Heavenly place.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @CadyandZoe,

Thank you for sharing, though we have different perspectives. (watched and listened twice).

It is good to not give up and continue praying and give praise to God, in faith and understanding that one day we will pass away from this life moving on to the heavenly realm - hopefully to go and be with God in his Kingdom in that Heavenly place.
Thanks for watching.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found myself wishing you had elaborated more on what you see as the connection between the parable and Jesus's cryptic ending, "But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?", besides the obvious meaning that persistent pestering of God IS a continuing act of trust. I sense there's something more there behind Jesus's "Huh?!?" closing of the parable, but I can't put my finger on it.

(The challenge to engage a parable is often one of the points of Jesus's parables.)

Good choices of graphics, though I'm questioning the one of the woman behind bars. (Is she there because she committed a crime, or is she imprisoned unjustly? That brings into play questions about criminal justice vs. social justice.)

I'm going to have to watch it again; I want to check the flow from the parable to Jesus's own trial before Pilate.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found myself wishing you had elaborated more on what you see as the connection between the parable and Jesus's cryptic ending, "But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?", besides the obvious meaning that persistent pestering of God IS a continuing act of trust. I sense there's something more there behind Jesus's "Huh?!?" closing of the parable, but I can't put my finger on it.

(The challenge to engage a parable is often one of the points of Jesus's parables.)

Good choices of graphics, though I'm questioning the one of the woman behind bars. (Is she there because she committed a crime, or is she imprisoned unjustly? That brings into play questions about criminal justice vs. social justice.)

I'm going to have to watch it again; I want to check the flow from the parable to Jesus's own trial before Pilate.
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. In this particular video I challenged myself to keep it under 5 minutes. I admit, I probably could have stretched it to 7 minutes with a bit more explanation.

With regard to the silhouette of the woman in jail, I was happy to let it remain ambiguous, whether she belonged there or not, because either way offers us points of fruitful discussion I think.

The picture of the woman sitting on the ground lost her son in a war, hoping and waiting that he would return, which is also fruitful ground for discussion.

If my parable were two minutes longer, I would have said something like the following. I think the cryptic ending is intended to focus our attention on the future, rather than on the present. Many commentators suggest that the parable intends to teach us something about prayer. But I think the parable is intended to teach us something about faith instead. Jesus is making an argument from the lessor to the greater, to say that if a poor woman can expect justice from a man who does not fear God or respect man, then surely we can expect justice from our heavenly father who is both righteous and good. But we must be willing to wait until the son of man comes.

Reactions: Lambano

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
Under encouragement from fellow posters at Christianity Board, I just uploaded a short video concerning the Parable of the Unjust Judge. I think this thread should go where it needs to go.

Enjoy. I hope you like it and that you find it helpful.

@stunnedbygrace @Nancy @Lambano @APAK @MatthewG
Thanks for your care and your encouragement.

Your brother in Christ

Of faith and justice
It's clear from your video that your message is of faith and perseverance in prayer and action, for mercy and justice that will be realized in the end. I like the simplicity of the message that virtually anyone can understand. Good work!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's clear from your video that your message is of faith and perseverance in prayer and action, for mercy and justice that will be realized in the end. I like the simplicity of the message that virtually anyone can understand. Good work!
Thank you. Yes, I was compelled to make this video because of the times. Many people around the world are suffering injustice at the hands of the state and it seems that Jesus was right, at the end there will be lawlessness and a lack of love.

And under these circumstances, I can imagine the outcry, "where is the Lord in all this? Does he care what's happening to us?" And this reminds me of the Fifth Seal of Revelation 6:9, where souls cry out from under the alter, "How long O' Lord?"

Some folks may need to hear this short message. I don't know for sure. That is my sense of it anyway.