OFFICE OF POPE IN THE BIBLE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your flesh isn't "dead" until you leave this world.
You may be dead "TO" the flesh - but you're still IN the flesh.

That's the Biblical truth . . .
That is not a fair or accurate or even a biblical representation of the truth.

The fact that the scriptures only elude to the reality that all who are born of the flesh are dead, does not give you any justification for sayings so. It simply shows you mean to win, even if only by a worldly technicality, using limited language against unlimited spiritual truth. You have won nothing.

Genesis 2:17
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Isaiah 8:19
And when they say to you, “Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter,” should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living?

Luke 15:24
for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ

Revelation 3:1
And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, ‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your flesh isn't "dead" until you leave this world.
You may be dead "TO" the flesh - but you're still IN the flesh.

That's the Biblical truth . . .

Thanks for sharing your Carnal Understanding.

I was naturally / carnally / sinfully born FIRST.

I ELECTED to do what is required to EXPERIENCE a Spiritual Birth.

There IS no NEW Spiritual Birth UNTIL the OLD Natural DIES.

It is NOT a "PHYSIVAL" Natural Death.
It IS a Spiritual Death, and Spiritual Birth.

It is Gods WAY, and Gods Declaration THAT WHAT HE CONVERTS "IS" CONVERTED....IS DEAD Spiritually and QUICKENED to Life Spiritually.

The OLD NATURAL IS DEAD, the NEW SPIRITUAL IS ALIVE, IN CHRIST....
According TO Gods Spiritual Understanding.

You are attempting to ARGUE a Carnal Understanding AGAINST a Spiritual Understanding....and IS MOOT.

1 Cor 15:36
Thou fool, that which thou sowest in NOT quickened, except it DIE.

I said to you before, discussing Natural things with a Natural Understanding is one thing....
Discussing Spiritual things with a Spiritual Understanding is another thing.

Trying to Understand Spiritual things with a Natural Mind, is MOOT.

Trying to AGRUE Spiriutal things with a Natural Mind, is MOOT.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus wasn't just talking to Peter; He was also addressing the rest of disciples, which became the Church. Jesus never lef any man to be head of His Church, while He was bodily away.
You are in defiance of Matthew 16, along with 70+ verses indicating Peter as leader of the Church and spokesman for all the Apostles. That's a lot of scripture to ignore. Scripture Catholic - THE PRIMACY OF PETER

Ephesians 5:23 (ASV)
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, and Christ also is the head of the church, being himself the saviour of the body.

The word Peter in the Greek means a small stone, but the Rock that Jesus was refering to was Himself, and a large stone.
"Small stone" in Greek is lithos; that word was not used. I see you are out of touch with Protestant scholars that disagree with you. I have a list of Protestant scholars on this thread somewhere, you will have to look for it.

Petros - Peter: a (piece of) rock.

Petra -
Rock: (Petros); a (mass of) rock

The Church is Jesus representative on the Earth.....He gave His Church the authority to His will on the Earth. But most who call themselves christians have been deceived into not realizing that it's not the politicians who should be influencing the Nations. They have been deceived into not believing that it's God's people who are the true leaders. [/quote] Who said anything about politicians?

Matthew 28:19-20 (ASV)
19 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Jesus' Church or His people are the ones who are preaching the kingdom of God.

Matthew 24:14 (ASV)
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

God's Church is not plauge with all kinds of sex crimes committed by those who responsiblity is to teach instruct the brethren. That kind of scandal was never prominent in the early Church and is not today.[/QUOTE]
Why don't you give me the name of your church and we can talk about sex scandals in a calm and fair manner.

https://postimg.cc/image/6hxtjhair/

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, by writing a book and giving it to each individual, so they can decide on their own without consulting you, all things I have commanded you.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

It is Gods WAY, and Gods Declaration THAT WHAT HE CONVERTS "IS" CONVERTED....IS DEAD Spiritually and QUICKENED to Life Spiritually.

You are attempting to ARGUE a Carnal Understanding AGAINST a Spiritual Understanding....and IS MOOT.

I said to you before, discussing Natural things with a Natural Understanding is one thing....

Yes, that is why you don't accept the Real and Substantial Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, you look at it with natural understanding, not supernatural faith. This is emphasized in John 6.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
You are in defiance of Matthew 16, along with 70+ verses indicating Peter as leader of the Church and spokesman for all the Apostles. That's a lot of scripture to ignore. Scripture Catholic - THE PRIMACY OF PETER

"Small stone" in Greek is lithos; that word was not used. I see you are out of touch with Protestant scholars that disagree with you. I have a list of Protestant scholars on this thread somewhere, you will have to look for it.

Peter would have to still be alive for him to be the head of Jesus' Church, if Jesus did do that, which He never did. Nowhere in the Bible was it written that Peter was the head of Jesus' Church. Truth doesn't come by how many people agrees with you. The catholic church is satan's church, the mother of harlots disguised as Jesus' Church. That's the same church that was responsible for persecuting God's people via the Roman Empire. The Bible tells us that when the Roman Empire rises again, the catholic church will influence it to do it again.

Jesus' Church was never plagued with sex perverts or believed that those who teach the brethren are remain unmarried.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As the Roman Catholic Falsehood's Seen Below.

Carm

A list of false teachings in the Roman Catholic Church

Following is a summarized paragraph with references found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) of many of the false teachings of Roman Catholicism. How do we know they are false? By comparing Scripture with what is taught.

-----------------------

1.)The Catholic Church is the one true church (CCC 2105)
2.) Infallibility of the Catholic Church, (CCC 2035)
3.) Only the Roman Catholic Church has authority to interpret Scripture (CCC 100)
4.)The Pope is the head of the church and has the authority of Christ (CCC 2034)
5.)The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation (CCC 846)
6.)Sacred Tradition equal to scripture (CCC 82)
7.)Forgiveness of sins, salvation, is by faith and works (CCC 2036 CCC 2080 2068)
8.)Full benefit of Salvation is only through the Roman Catholic Church (Vatican 2, Decree on Ecumenism, 3)
9.)Grace can be merited (CCC 2010 CCC 2027)
10.)The merit of Mary and the Saints can be applied to Catholics and others (1477) 11.)Penance is necessary for salvation (CCC 980)
12.)Purgatory (CCC 1031 CCC 1475)
13.)Indulgences (CCC 1471 CCC 1478 CCC 1498 CCC 1472)
15.)Mary is Mediatrix (CCC 969)
16.) Mary brings us the gifts of eternal salvation (CCC 969)
17.)Mary delivers souls from death (CCC 966)
18.)Prayer to the saints (CCC 2677)
19.)The Communion elements become the actual body and blood of Christ (CCC 1374 CCC 1376).
It's false because this list is a pack of lies. #1 is a false summary. This is what 2105 says:
2105 The duty of offering God genuine worship concerns man both individually and socially. This is "the traditional Catholic teaching on the moral duty of individuals and societies toward the true religion and the one Church of Christ."30 By constantly evangelizing men, the Church works toward enabling them "to infuse the Christian spirit into the mentality and mores, laws and structures of the communities in which [they] live."31 The social duty of Christians is to respect and awaken in each man the love of the true and the good. It requires them to make known the worship of the one true religion which subsists in the Catholic and apostolic Church.32 Christians are called to be the light of the world. Thus, the Church shows forth the kingship of Christ over all creation and in particular over human societies.33
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c1a1.htm
What subsists in the Catholic and apostolic Church does not mean nobody else has truths. 817-820 is ignored because it contradicts Slicks agenda. None of these paragraph numbers are linked to the catechism, they offer no context, no link to the page and no footnotes. There is nothing in scripture that says every devotion and practice must be found explicitly in scripture to be valid. That is a false unbiblical tradition. It would take months to refute all of Matt Slick's misrepresentations and lies. One is quite revealing.

Slick grossly misrepresents the catechism, and so do by posting this crap.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is why you don't accept the Real and Substantial Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, you look at it with natural understanding, not supernatural faith. This is emphasized in John 6.

You may have been taught and teach the "real and substantial presence of Jesus "IN" the "Eucharist".....

Jesus simply said DO THIS, in REMEMBRANCE of Him.

Jesus IS NOT IN bread and wine....!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's a catholic teaching that was never taught by Jesus' Church.
Jesus never taught to bash other peoples faith with lies and falsehoods.

“Peter, who is called ‘the rock on which the church should be built,’ who also obtained ‘the keys of the kingdom of heaven…’” Tertullian, On the Prescription Against the Heretics, 22 (c. A.D. 200).

“And Peter, on whom the Church of Christ is built, against which the gates of hell shall not prevail…” Origen, Commentary on John, 5:3 (A.D. 232).

Oops! I forgot....you have nothing to do with the 2nd century Church, because none of them were Protestants.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You may have been taught and teach the "real and substantial presence of Jesus "IN" the "Eucharist".....

Jesus simply said DO THIS, in REMEMBRANCE of Him.

Jesus IS NOT IN bread and wine....!
The teaching on the Eucharist was unanimous for 16 centuries until your reformulators came along and produced 200 interpretations within 60 years. You are so pathetically fragmented, you don't even know whose interpretation you are following. I follow what was taught by Jesus and the Apostles and in the 1st and 2nd century, and I can prove it's consistency. This thread is about the office of Pope in the Bible, not the Eucharist.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus' Church was never plagued with sex perverts or believed that those who teach the brethren are remain unmarried.
Tell me the names of Jesus and Paul's wives, or stop being such a psychotic, ignorant bigot.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

Nothing that I have written is a lie. The history the catholic church is well known in history for anyone who wants to find it. Not to mentioned all the people their priest have sexually abused and were protected by that satanic church. Didn't the so-called pope's right hand man get arrested for sexually abusing children?

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Tell me the name of Jesus and Paul's wives, or stop being such a psychotic, ignorant bigot.

What does that have to do with the history of the catholic priest's involving in pedophilia and protected by the pope, and saying that homosexuality ok? Do you want me to post articles about it?

Neither Jesus or Paul ever say that those who teach the Church shouldn't get maried.

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
The teaching on the Eucharist was unanimous for 16 centuries until your reformulators came along and produced 200 interpretations within 60 years. You are so pathetically fragmented, you don't even know whose interpretation you are following. I follow what was taught by Jesus and the Apostles and in the 1st and 2nd century, and I can prove it's consistency. This thread is about the office of Pope in the Bible, not the Eucharist.

Did Jesus taught priest to not get married? Did Jesus taught that being a homosexual is ok? Did Jesus taught to call a man who not your father and never had a child father? Did Jesus taught that pedophilia was ok?

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nothing that I have written is a lie. The history the catholic church is well known in history for anyone who wants to find it. Not to mentioned all the people their priest have sexually abused and were protected by that satanic church. Didn't the so-called pope's right hand man get arrested for sexually abusing children?
The thread title is "OFFICE OF THE POPE IN THE BIBLE", not your sex abuse obsession. The topic has been been to death on this forum, and every time some sex abuse pervert like you tries to hold it against Catholics, it backfires. I can go over all the posts on the topic, but you will end up trying to change the topic, just like this thread. Or you will run away. It's easy to prove your funnymentalist hate cult is worse that the CC.

You can't give me the name of your church, because you don't have one. I challenge you to support your false histories with scholarly documentation, within the last 50 years. How many churches have you been kicked out because of your arrogance? There is nothing "Christian" about your stupid funnymentalist anti-Catholic posts.

I think you will soon end up in my iggy bin with the other 14 anti-Catholic liars. You refuse to discuss, you only know how to bash. I can only stomach so much hate and lies in one thread.

When you are ready to treat me like a human being, I will remove the ignore.

image.jpg

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
The thread title is "OFFICE OF THE POPE IN THE BIBLE", not your sex abuse obsession. The topic has been been to death on this forum, and every time some sex abuse pervert like you tries to hold it against Catholics, it backfires. I can go over all the posts on the topic, but you will end up trying to change the topic, just like this thread. Or you will run away. You can't give me the name of your church, because you don't have one. I challenge you to support your false histories with scholarly documentation, within the last 50 years. There is nothing "Christian" about your stupid funnymentalist anti-Catholic posts.

I think you will soon end up in my iggy bin with the other 14 anti-Catholic liars. You refuse to discuss, you only know how to bash. I can only stomach so much hate and lies in one thread.

That title is not in the Bible. You will never find the word pope or anyone calling Peter father in the Bible.

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

“Peter, who is called ‘the rock on which the church should be built,’ who also obtained ‘the keys of the kingdom of heaven…’” Tertullian, On the Prescription Against the Heretics, 22 (c. A.D. 200).

“And Peter, on whom the Church of Christ is built, against which the gates of hell shall not prevail…” Origen, Commentary on John, 5:3 (A.D. 232).

Oops! I forgot....you have nothing to do with the 2nd century Church, because none of them were Protestants.

Peter was never called a Rock. Jesus is the Rock.

Acts 4:10-11 (KJV)
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Romans 9:33 (KJV)
33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

1 Peter 2:7-8 (KJV)
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

1 Peter 2:6 (KJV)
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1 Corinthians 10:4 (KJV)
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Reactions: Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pope means "father". The title of "Pope" was granted to any bishop for almost 3 centuries. Confronting the worn out canard of "call no man father":
Matt. 23:9 – Jesus says, “call no man father.” But Protestants use this verse in an attempt to prove that it is wrong for Catholics to call priests “father.” This is an example of “eisegesis” (imposing one’s views upon a passage) as opposed to “exegesis” (drawing out the meaning of the passage from its context). In this verse, Jesus was discouraging His followers from elevating the scribes and Pharisees to the titles of “fathers” and “rabbis” because they were hypocrites. Jesus warns us not to elevate anyone to the level of our heavenly Father.
Why is it eisegesis to take the words of Christ literally? "Call no man father" means what it says -- call no man father. It would apply to those at the time of Christ as well as those in our time.

The pope and the papacy are not derived from Scripture, neither is an earthly priesthood distinct from other Christians. All Christians belong to God's Royal Priesthood.

The "keys of the kingdom" given to Peter was the Gospel message itself. He first preached it to the Jews, and then to the Gentiles. And it is the Gospel which is the incorruptible "seed" of the New Birth. And without the New Birth, no man can enter or see the Kingdom of God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not a fair or accurate or even a biblical representation of the truth.

The fact that the scriptures only elude to the reality that all who are born of the flesh are dead, does not give you any justification for sayings so. It simply shows you mean to win, even if only by a worldly technicality, using limited language against unlimited spiritual truth. You have won nothing.

Genesis 2:17
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Isaiah 8:19
And when they say to you, “Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter,” should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living?

Luke 15:24
for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ

Revelation 3:1
And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, ‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.
HUH??
What
are you talking about?? I never said that "all" who were in the flesh were dead.

I said that all who are born again are dead TO the flesh - but are still IN the flesh.
I think YOU just want to argue for the sake of arguing . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All these verbose rants in a vain attempt to cover up the fact that you were proven wrong.

We who are in Christ are IN the flesh until we die.
We are not OF the flesh . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.