Omnipresence of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo at least stay open to other interpretations

Not sure how you ever going to come to the knowledge of the truth that way, brother, if you always leave yourself open to others interpretation.

Just ask Him for confirmation of what you are reading as truth in His words. He, after all, wants a personal reconciled relationship with you thru Jesus Christ. It's not like He took off, saying "Good luck. You guys are going to need it." No. He said He is with us always. Good news, yes?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not sure how you ever going to come to the knowledge of the truth that way, brother, if you always leave yourself open to others interpretation.
implying that you know the truth lol
ok

how is it you did not know that I was not talking about bread?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
implying that you know the truth lol
ok

how is it you did not know that I was not talking about bread?

Well, you cannot know that until you confer with Him in proving all things by the scripture, even what I share, okay?

Not like I am saying taking everything I say as gospel when I prophesy in part and know in part, but when I see the truth in His words and He confirms it to me, that is how I know the truth; no one else can know the truth until they confer with Him too.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
he who says he knows does not yet know as he ought
Well, you cannot know that until you confer with Him in proving all things by the scripture, even what I share, okay?

Not like I am saying taking everything I say as gospel when I prophesy in part and know in part, but when I see the truth in His words and He confirms it to me, that is how I know the truth; no one else can know the truth until they confer with Him too.
so prolly not wadr. that is what we would call a perspective or a belief, not an absolute truth
and you can even verify this by making a statement of "truth," virtually amy statement, doesnt matter, and then finding a Scripture that refutes it

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And what if it is through others that God is seeking to give you more Light than you already have? What if you refuse to open the door when He is knocking?

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what if it is through others that God is seeking to give you more Light than you already have? What if you refuse to open the door when He is knocking?

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20

You should know the poster's position on how he relies on scripture before you defend what he is posting.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

I'll let him speak for himself.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he who says he knows does not yet know as he ought

so prolly not wadr. that is what we would call a perspective or a belief, not an absolute truth
and you can even verify this by making a statement of "truth," virtually amy statement, doesnt matter, and then finding a Scripture that refutes it

Since scripture cannot go against scripture, with all of those modern Bibles are not saying the same thing, then you can ask Him for help which Bible you need to rely on for the meat of His words.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.... 26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

That is how the "lost books" of the Bible are not accepted as scripture when they have verses running contrary against scripture.

All Bibles has John 16:13 testifying that the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself but speaks what He hears and so He cannot use God's gift of tongues which is for speaking unto the people to turn it around for His own use in uttering His own intercessions. Most Bibles has caused doubts in His words regarding John 16:13 even though they all say the same thing but not in Romans 8:26-27 where it implies in most modern Bibles that sounds are being uttered when the Holy Spirit seemingly making these intercessions Himself by use of tongues that cannot be interpreted BUT the KJV has it that not even His groanings can be uttered thus no sound at all. That is why the "he" in Romans 8:27 is Christ Jesus because He is the One that searches our hearts ( Hebrews 4:12-16 ) and thus the One that knows the mind of the Spirit to make His silent intercessions known to God the Father. This is in according to the will of God because there is only One Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus ( 1 Timothy 2:5 ). What that means is He gives our intercessions, the Spirit's silent intercessions, and His own intercessions to the Father so that whenever the father says "yes" to any of those intercessions given solely by Jesus, Jesus answers the prayer so that the father may be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers in receiving thanks in Jesus's name from the recipients. ( John 14:13-14 )

Anyway, that was how the Lord proved to me that the KJV was to rely on for the meat of His words to discern good and evil by it with His help.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
funny to me how Scripture is pretty plain that we cant see Yah and live, and if we even hear Yah Himself we feel like we're gonna die, right (you talk to us and we will listen...), but evabody wanna say Yah told em stuff lol; no offense but satan appears as an angel of light so i am much more inclined to believe that that was satan, telling you to adhere to that fag royalty's whacked version, and ignore other writings, mostly bc that is unscriptural and i dont think Yah would ever say that to you
Since scripture cannot go against scripture, with all of those modern Bibles are not saying the same thing, then you can ask Him for help which Bible you need to rely on for the meat of His words.
well thats a diff subject, but as i think ive already mentioned i do not use english translations at all any more, except as a check, so none of that is necessary.

To my point though, which you did not address, one can do it as easily with a kjv
That is how the "lost books" of the Bible are not accepted as scripture when they have verses running contrary against scripture.
sorry, no, it isnt, they arent, and Scripture apparently contradicts Scripture all the time, still,
provide for your family
dont work for food

i could fill the page

wadr if you arent accepting any lost books of Writings that are Wuoted in Scripture then that is on you i guess, im not reading anywhere Scripture says "dont accept any lost books," and Paul even said All writings are beneficial for instruction, correction...etc see, it was just xlated into english by a dur, some fag king or whatever i guess, dont know, dont really care. I know the diff in graphe and gramme now, so no englyshe scrybe can fool me any more
γραφω | Abarim Publications Theological Dictionary (New Testament Greek)

which i kind hate saying bc i actually respect KJ, the man, but im pretty sure he would view all the "kjv only" crowd like "why would you rely on a single scribe?" too. Prolly would have even been reading it, back then, even if i still wouldnt have been worshipping Ishtar and doing fertility rites every Passover, i mean pls already

and while we're at it, "talents" always means "money," in Scripture, and has nothing to do with "natural abilities," at least until the RCC got done with it, as may be seen in the etymology of the word, which i guess "kjv only" ppl have no idea what etymologies even are, but there it is

Last edited:

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
funny to me how Scripture is pretty plain that we cant see Yah and live, and if we even hear Yah Himself we feel like we're gonna die, right (you talk to us and we will listen...), but evabody wanna say Yah told em stuff lol;

When you weigh all scripture together then you have to make sure the one seemingly contrary applies like seeing God and yet not dying. So ask yourself how God gave those coats of skins to them without them dying? How had they hid from Him unless they had seen Him come to the Garden? Yet they still live? Then you have the Lord having appeared to Abraham in Genesis 18 th chapter where Abraham gave him a meal and something to drink in his tent where the Lord did eat.

Then we go to Moses whom Jesus said had written of Him. We see your saying there but yet had appeared to Abraham in Genesis 12:7; 17:1, 18:1 ; to Isaac in Genesis 26:1-2 & Jacob face to face after wresting with the "man" in Genesis 32:24-30 and do why did Moses said what he had? Could it be Moses had killed a man before the Lord appeared to him? Was it fear of not being able to look at Him because of that? I dunno, but He did allow Moses to see the backside of Him and he did not exactly die then either as per your saying which was why I think it was Moses' fear in regards to his sinful state for having killed that Egyptian slave master that the saying applied to him, but I cannot say. I can say men had seen God though and even Moses had seen the backside of Him for why I think you should rethink how you had applied that saying.

To be continued...

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no offense but satan appears as an angel of light so i am much more inclined to believe that that was satan, telling you to adhere to that fag royalty's whacked version, and ignore other writings, mostly bc that is unscriptural and i dont think Yah would ever say that to you

I gave you scriptures with promises of God that He will help you discern the truth. I am not saying for you to take me at my word because you are to prove all things I say with Him by the scripture. And again, YOU have to discern all gossip if it be slander or not by Him as well because part of that slander is the accusation that King James changed the scripture to his liking and yet the verses condemning homosexuality are still in the KJV.

well thats a diff subject, but as i think ive already mentioned i do not use english translations at all any more, except as a check, so none of that is necessary.

To my point though, which you did not address, one can do it as easily with a kjv

Like the use of "Easter" instead of Passover when Passover is before the days of the unleavened bread and not afterwards?

Acts 12:3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) 4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

And you want to believe modern Jews telling the truth over what scripture plainly says in the O.T. that Passover is a specific day before the days of the unleavened bread and never mentioned as including in with the days of the unleavened bread to call that the Passover?

Leviticus 23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover. 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

And all those Bible scholars of the KJV translators agree that the "Chaldee" origin of that word "pascha" used for Passover also means something else in deference to that Jewish day of celebration marking spring for pagans which that Herod was a participant of historically and culturally?

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/index2.htm

If the KJV translators wanted to use a different word than Passover so the Bible be true by using Easter as a term relating to that feast, why not just repeat the days of the unleavened bread so as to not be confused with pagan's use of that term at the time of the Jewish Passover? Indeed, the hint that Herod did not want to offend the Jews and yet not himself if he was observing the "Passover" ought to be a telltale sign.

But since we all prophesy in part and know in part, I can accept that you want to believe the anti-KJV propaganda to not rely on that version for which you seemingly are also not relying on any version but the Greek and Hebrew.

Ever bothered to know why the Greek would use a word that is derived from the Chaldee's origin instead of their own or better yet a Hebrew word for the Passover to be more precisely? Like it or not, there were other pagan spring festivals for why the KJV deemed to associate that term with Herod to be of that moment in time that he was celebrating as a pagan but also respecting the Jews' holidays for that season.

And Easter for what it is worth, is hardly a lie being applied by anyone to cause believers in Christ Jesus to go astray, other than to discredit the scripture in the KJV to rely on a modern version which is to make money in selling their modern version which errs by Romans 8:26-27 which is a outright lie as exposed as such by John 16:13 in that modern version Bible because the Spirit cannot use tongues for His own purpose.

But if you want to rely on your education, just remember the KJV translators had all prayed when doing their translations; so you still need His wisdom to translate which you seem to doubt from all your postings that He would not help you in that way without saying so directly.

To be continued..

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, no, it isnt, they arent, and Scripture apparently contradicts Scripture all the time, still,

provide for your family

dont work for food

i could fill the page
How is it that you accept any scripture to even paraphrase if you doubt what is written overall?

wadr if you arent accepting any lost books of Writings that are Wuoted in Scripture then that is on you i guess, im not reading anywhere Scripture says "dont accept any lost books," and Paul even said All writings are beneficial for instruction, correction...etc see, it was just xlated into english by a dur, some fag king or whatever i guess, dont know, dont really care. I know the diff in graphe and gramme now, so no englyshe scrybe can fool me any more

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Did not Jesus say that the Father prophesied that this will happen? And yet we will have scripture kept by those that did love Him to keep His words. Indeed, the Jews striven hard to discredit Him and His deity for why He was crucified and they seem to have won you over with their campaign * hint they that did not love Him to keep His words.

http://setterfield.org/Jasher.html

".... dating before 100 AD. Why that date? Because the book we have is written in modern, square Hebrew characters without the vowel points. The earliest manuscripts from this time are also missing the vowel points. This points directly to Rabbi Akiba and his group's efforts to promote rabbinical leadership over Scripture. His group, referred to as the Council of Jamnia, wanted to produce a foundation copy of the Scriptures as the original had been burned by the Romans when Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed in 70AD. They made a number of changes in the Scriptures (which have come down to us as the Masoretic Text), and which are discussed in our article on the Alexandrian Septuagint. …. "

So you need to rely on Him to help you discern who loved Him to keep His words from those that did not because the documents from area of Alexandra where most modern Bibles place their emphasis on is the area known for poetic licensing of literary works from the library of Alexandria.

This is why I rely on the documents originating from Antioch as His disciples there would not allow that to happen.

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

But again, let the Lord teach you thru the Holy Spirit in you. Believe Him that He will.

To be continued...

Last edited:

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which i kind hate saying bc i actually respect KJ, the man, but im pretty sure he would view all the "kjv only" crowd like "why would you rely on a single scribe?" too. Prolly would have even been reading it, back then, even if i still wouldnt have been worshipping Ishtar and doing fertility rites every Passover, i mean pls already

So you already know about that other pagan festival held around that time for why the KJV translators used that word of the Chaldee origin to be of the truth in His words when Passover was a specific day held before the days of the unleavened bread and not with the days of the unleavened bread.

and while we're at it, "talents" always means "money," in Scripture, and has nothing to do with "natural abilities," at least until the RCC got done with it, as may be seen in the etymology of the word, which i guess "kjv only" ppl have no idea what etymologies even are, but there it is

Since Jesus used the term in parables, which is why you need to ask Him what the parables mean and even discernment for applying His words.

Matthew 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Believe God that He wants a personal reconciled relationship with you thru Jesus Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not exactly, i said because of the amount of passages that deny Christ's deity (eg; i can do nothing without the Father), the typical radical language of the Bible, the wisdom behind the true Gospel, so that even if there were 5 passages that said 'Jesus is God', i prudently & wisely, would be forced to give the passage a non-literal meaning.

Just like we do with 'born-again', with 'eat my flesh & drink my blood', to Moses, 'you will be a God to Pharaoh', God is a 'jealous God', Samson's parents 'seeing God and not dying' when it was just an angel. Exodus says God was the burning bush, Steven says it was an angel. Jesus says about the disciple that he loved, 'what if i want him to remain alive until I return'. John the baptist knew for sure who Jesus was because the Holy Spirit told him, later he sends his disciples to ask who he was.
Many strange passages, these are only a fraction and maybe not the best. You should get the idea.
There are in fact very many, but I take away an entirely different conclusion.

The elders of Isreal ate dinner with God, they saw God.

Who did they see?

Exodus 24
9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: 10 and they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. 11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

Much love!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are in fact very many, but I take away an entirely different conclusion.

The elders of Isreal ate dinner with God, they saw God.

Who did they see?

Exodus 24
9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: 10 and they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. 11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

Much love!
Good question, I do not know exactly. I would think that, since God is Spirit, infinite and transcendent, that whatever they saw, was just a material manifestation of his power. Not an avatar, as if God's being was literally behind the avatar, but like the cloud of smoke and fire that directed the Israelites way during the Exodus.
Just like Moses saw God's back, or Elijah saw God in the whisper. God does not have a back, and if he did, how big would it be, i.e. the size of the earth, Jupiter, the Milky Way, Orion, ...you get the point?
Whatever the elders of Israel saw, was so small and visible, that it clearly wasn't God, was it?
So, I really don't know, but what I do know, is that God is larger than the universe, and that he is not corporeal. Therefore, I would think that God just manipulated material matter in a supernatural way, that let those around him know that he was in their presence, that is, he was 'with them' and was acting in their favour.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

word

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question, I do not know exactly. I would think that, since God is Spirit, infinite and transcendent, that whatever they saw, was just a material manifestation of his power. Not an avatar, as if God's being was literally behind the avatar, but like the cloud of smoke and fire that directed the Israelites way during the Exodus.
Just like Moses saw God's back, or Elijah saw God in the whisper. God does not have a back, and if he did, how big would it be, i.e. the size of the earth, Jupiter, the Milky Way, Orion, ...you get the point?
Whatever the elders of Israel saw, was so small and visible, that it clearly wasn't God, was it?
So, I really don't know, but what I do know, is that God is larger than the universe, and that he is not corporeal. Therefore, I would think that God just manipulated material matter in a supernatural way, that let those around him know that he was in their presence, that is, he was 'with them' and was acting in their favour.
There's a much simpler answer.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's a much simpler answer.
Feel free to offer it....
....careful when you say 'simpler', that is, stating that God was in their presence is not simple. It opens up many fundamental questions, of which I already pointed out.
But, maybe you do have a simpler understanding of these theophanies, outside of what I contended?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey, it's not me saying it . . .

Exodus 24:9 "Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: 10 and they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. 11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink."

I'm a fairly simple guy, I read it, I believe it, and it makes complete sense to me.

Much love!