On How to be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I read through this , I presume that you mean by KISS:-
Keep It Simple Stupid. And not :- Knights In Satan's Service!! :D
( The Rock band.)

Have a very blessed and wonderful 2019.
We walk into the New Year hand in hand with the Lord, He knows the way ahead, the victories and the pitfalls.

Bless you...Helen
Yes.

May the Lord abundantly bless you also in 2019...and may He also show you more of the light of His word, pouring in the oil and the wine...

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
See 1 John 5:1; and then read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 all over again.

I would have to be shown in the word how my current belief is faulty.
Word cannot be shown, and were i to Quote it from Scripture you would just deflect away from it anyway, and keep playing "never mind that, what about this?" As you were trained to do, and I'm not blaming you even ok.

So, to reply to your intent here, there will be no proof forthcoming, and I have no facts to assert from Scripture, because I do not know. But I hope it is your belief that manifests! Which tells me all I need to know, right away, see? I am rooting for your version. Have a nice day, Jbf

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try at least acknowledging "Death More Abundantly" ok, please use it in a sentence iow, ty.
Death More Abundantly...is not the fate of those who believe in Christ...instead, we have Life More Abundantly, both now and in the sweet by and by.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am rooting for your version.
Don't just root for it for me; believe in it for you. It really is a choice that you make. I suppose it is also a response based on what you are inside...the same heat that melts the butter hardens the clay...but sometimes, departing from that analogy now to a certain extent, the butter acts like clay until a certain circumstance arrives in a person's life...and then it melts like butter.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I would remind you of the acronym KISS. See 2 Corinthians 11:3.
I would remind you that it is the doctrine of implied immortality that you have adopted that is the complication, and a quick trip back to you at age one would surely reinforce the point. By age three or so you had forgotten...something, and yes it is quite simple. You found the world

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Death More Abundantly...is not the fate of those who believe in Christ...instead, we have Life More Abundantly, both now and in the sweet by and by.
You make -mancings about the sweet by and by that you cannot back up except in a too literal interpretation of Scripture imo, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. No one knows where they go when they die. All go to the same place. You and your sons will be here with me. Heaven is within you. Today is the day. Give no thought for the morrow. He who seeks to save his soul will lose it

I mean yikes how much more of this does anyone even need
Don't find love until you are ready, daughter

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the cliff seems bottomless, huh, and the truth just too awful to even contemplate. Jesus did not die for my sins, and I cannot go to heaven when I die? Then why bother, right? See, the def of Death More Abundantly is apparent, I don't have to ask anyone to stick with the accepted def bc no believer would ever even approach it. If you want all that stuff in the NT to come true you gotta jump off that cliff tho imo. You were not meant to worship snakes on poles
oh your back so many have missed you......

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one knows where they go when they die.
See Hebrews 11:1, 1 John 5:13.

It is indeed a matter of faith; but faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen; so that we can know that we have eternal life. It is a faith that is solid, confident, and assured.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes.

May the Lord abundantly bless you also in 2019...and may He also show you more of the light of His word, pouring in the oil and the wine...
Can you Quote this "the Lord showing anyone His Word" from somewhere? Ty

I mean no offense here ok, but this is how every concept gets warped, see. First the Bible must be made "Holy" and "Word," which sounds really pious but is actually a satanic lie, and then all you have to do is ignore posts like this and viola.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Don't just root for it for me; believe in it for you.
do try and at least acknowledge my point. When I was a child I thought like one too, God lied to me too, ok, bc I wanted to be immortal too, just like everyone else on the wide path.

Now irl if you wanted to play emperor I would prolly just sell you some new clothes or something, but here all I have to do is point out all of the posts you skipped bc you cannot reply. Those vv back there that you are leaning on assume a diff time of death for yourself (or any believer) that we have already discovered and discussed, and I'm pretty sure you were there for that too?

So if you detect some benefit to myself, my ego, in this seemingly pointlesss and hopeless belief that I currently hold, that being "we do not yet know what we will become," then pls point it out ok. If you want to teach so bad, teach me how the priest is to break up Nehushtan--being sure to keep it simple, of course--or how saving a Roman Centurion's (Cult of Sol) daughter (manifestation that has missed the mark) is to be read dialectically, or explain the diff in logical and dialectic reasoning, if you will. Since you won't use Death More Abundantly in a sentence, I mean. HNY to you

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

It is indeed a matter of faith; but faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen; so that we can know that we have eternal life. It is a faith that is solid, confident, and assured.
you think these refute the Scripture that I Quoted, but they do not. So now you are left to explain the apparent contradiction, or ignore it.

Faith has nothing to do with the blind, ignorant belief that God will someday get the part of you that has separated from Him into some place called heaven after you have literally died, sorry. And I think I am done here, unless a valid Q or observation arises, so you or mjr can have the last word ok

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one knows where they go when they die.

you think these refute the Scripture that I Quoted, but they do not.

What scriptures did you quote? Please give the references so that we can also see the context.
First the Bible must be made "Holy" and "Word," which sounds really pious but is actually a satanic lie, and then all you have to do is ignore posts like this and viola.

Did the Holy Ghost inspire this satanic lie when He wrote 2 Timothy 3:15?

but here all I have to do is point out all of the posts you skipped bc you cannot reply.

Just so everyone knows, (because you know this also,) I had you on ignore for a while. So, if there are posts of yours that I did not answer, then that is the reason for it. Not because there wasn't any answer.

If you want to teach so bad, teach me how the priest is to break up Nehushtan--being sure to keep it simple, of course

Today's Nehushtan would be when a person in the Catholic Church looks at a statue of Jesus and equates that thing of stone with Jesus Himself.

Jesus Himself is not made of brass. So the issue was idolatry; not whether or not we should worship the Lord. It is clear that the Lord Jesus Christ is to be worshipped simply by looking at Isaiah 9:6 and all of the verses that I have used in recent days to shew forth the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faith has nothing to do with the blind, ignorant belief that God will someday get the part of you that has separated from Him into some place called heaven after you have literally died, sorry.

This is what places you outside of the Christian faith, my friend. For those who believe the Bible also believe and know that the promise that He hath promised us is eternal life. 1 John 2:25.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can you Quote this "the Lord showing anyone His Word" from somewhere? Ty

I mean no offense here ok, but this is how every concept gets warped, see. First the Bible must be made "Holy" and "Word," which sounds really pious but is actually a satanic lie, and then all you have to do is ignore posts like this and viola.

So good to see some things dont change, here you speak of satanic lies, and yet everything you speak is from him, the devil.., denying Gods power to save men, but that is OK most christians dont believe Him that why, like you they all insist on doing it themselves as if man can save himself, such pride and arrogance.

1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

so you have heard the truth and rejected it, you have nothing left.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No Support for "Scripture is Holy" or "Scripture is Word" up there that I can see, sorry. and I have affirmed Jesus as Christ already
What scriptures did you quote? Please give the references so that we can also see the context.

Did the Holy Ghost inspire this satanic lie when He wrote 2 Timothy 3:15?

Just so everyone knows, (because you know this also,) I had you on ignore for a while. So, if there are posts of yours that I did not answer, then that is the reason for it. Not because there wasn't any answer.

Today's Nehushtan would be when a person in the Catholic Church looks at a statue of Jesus and equates that thing of stone with Jesus Himself.

Jesus Himself is not made of brass. So the issue was idolatry; not whether or not we should worship the Lord. It is clear that the Lord Jesus Christ is to be worshipped simply by looking at Isaiah 9:6 and all of the verses that I have used in recent days to shew forth the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is what places you outside of the Christian faith, my friend. For those who believe the Bible also believe and know that the promise that He hath promised us is eternal life. 1 John 2:25.
highlight/search will provide the v if you are not fam with it; that is Ecclesiastes, so TIC, yes, a believer should know where they go from Scripture I guess, and it obv isn't "heaven"
2Tim does not deem Scripture Holy, nor Word either
Nehushtan is alive and raging in the Prot religion, but you don't have to accept that if you don't wanna. Worship your High Priest until you find Love, whenever you are ready. Fear God til then too, nothing wrong with that I guess, it's the beginning of wisdom after all right. There is no fear in love
And eternal is not immortal, which Scripture makes plain in more than one place.

Imo you would be better served to leave this alone until you are ready to lose...santa claus, basically, but I know this connection is prolly hard to make. Yes, we have a couple of defs for Christian too, huh, just like Law and all the other meaningful concepts; and you get to decide what the def is I guess. I wish you the best of luck in your quest for immortality ok, I cannot make you die at baptism, after all

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you even look up the scripture in question?

2 Timothy 3:15, And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Did you even look up the scripture in question?

2 Timothy 3:15, And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
iera is not quodesh though, see, so once again just like "law" and "faith" and many other vital concepts, liberties are being taken in English. I love the Bible so don't get me wrong ok, It is my primary goto over other Scripture, but I know for instance that Easter was never meant to be celebrated in place of Passover, say. Iow some accommodation should be made for scribes, in your Bible that surely started out Holy, sure, or at least iera, prolly much closer to our esteemed or similar, even sacred. But sacred is a perspective, whereas Holy is not. It was also surely Word, to the one that heard, but how far are you from deeming "Easter" Word now, see?

With apologies to those here who deem Easter Word, bc I am not the arbiter, and you can do that if you want to I guess. The Roman Centurion's daughter gets saved, so same thing to me, not saying I understand that entirely though. Rome still fell I guess.

So this becomes about accepting substitutes imo

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So good to see some things dont change, here you speak of satanic lies, and yet everything you speak is from him, the devil.., denying Gods power to save men, but that is OK most christians dont believe Him that why, like you they all insist on doing it themselves as if man can save himself, such pride and arrogance.

1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

so you have heard the truth and rejected it, you have nothing left.
yet I have not condemned you, who says "do not pick up your cross, as Christ commanded us," so imo you might contemplate There is no condemnation in those who are in Christ wadr. And that your reply in no way addresses the tag/quote from me just becomes more supporting evidence, see. Your very first phrase makes your intention plain.

Why actually attempt to address the "satanic lies" when you can deflect and indulge in a Preaching Moment, iow? So you end up affirming the "satanic lies" by default, imo, which I don't even know if they are true or not...until after I read your post, and then I am more assured, rather than less, no offense but that's just how it works

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but how far are you from deeming "Easter" Word now, see?
It has been my contention for some time that Easter was translated under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost because of prayer.

In Acts 12 Passover is still mentioned even if the word is translated Easter in Acts 12:4. And the holiday, Easter, is something that is hated by the devil; for it was the resurrection of Christ, which Easter represents, that defeated him permanently.

Therefore, I can see why he would be motivated to eradicate the concept from scripture. He would like to destroy the holiday itself.

On the other hand, the Lord orchestrated the translation in the kjv of that word into Easter.

It is based on the concept that God is both sovereign and Omnipotent and loving.

Because He is loving, He desires to give us an adulterated, uncompromised message in the word of the Lord. Because He is sovereign and Omnipotent, He has the power and authority to be able to preserve the scriptures completely in the kjv, so that we can deem it inspired and inerrant. He did say in Matthew 7:13-14 and Jeremiah 29:13 that the truth is hard to find. But He made it available in the kjv; and the fact that there is such a thing as the kjv-only controversy should make you know that these are claims that need to be examined. (of course, people who are better equipped at dealing with the non-kjv side of the issue are too often kicked out of the debate on the issue at CARM for that reason).

Therefore, since it is true that other translations than the kjv are watered down (even corrupted), we ought not to let the one point of contention that they have left (the whole Easter thing) deter us from knowing that God has orchestrated the translation of the kjv, so that we might receive the whole counsel of the Lord; knowing that all scripture is inspired of Him and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It has been my contention for some time that Easter was translated under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost because of prayer.

In Acts 12 Passover is still mentioned even if the word is translated Easter in Acts 12:4. And the holiday, Easter, is something that is hated by the devil; for it was the resurrection of Christ, which Easter represents, that defeated him permanently.

Therefore, I can see why he would be motivated to eradicate the concept from scripture. He would like to destroy the holiday itself.

On the other hand, the Lord orchestrated the translation in the kjv of that word into Easter.

It is based on the concept that God is both sovereign and Omnipotent and loving.

Because He is loving, He desires to give us an adulterated, uncompromised message in the word of the Lord. Because He is sovereign and Omnipotent, He has the power and authority to be able to preserve the scriptures completely in the kjv, so that we can deem it inspired and inerrant. He did say in Matthew 7:13-14 and Jeremiah 29:13 that the truth is hard to find. But He made it available in the kjv; and the fact that there is such a thing as the kjv-only controversy should make you know that these are claims that need to be examined. (of course, people who are better equipped at dealing with the non-kjv side of the issue are too often kicked out of the debate on the issue at CARM for that reason).

Therefore, since it is true that other translations than the kjv are watered down (even corrupted), we ought not to let the one point of contention that they have left (the whole Easter thing) deter us from knowing that God has orchestrated the translation of the kjv, so that we might receive the whole counsel of the Lord; knowing that all scripture is inspired of Him and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).
I do use the KJV, although I'm not strictly KJV Only. Not sure about the reading 'Easter' there.