On How to be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the first steps to becoming a Christian is that you repent of your lifestyle that was bent towards sinning.

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One of the first steps to becoming a Christian is that you repent of your lifestyle that was bent towards sinning.
More lire the prodgial son who realised he was wrong and Dad was right, and even before he got there his Dad was already running to him. and while all these "sinners" stay away from God thinking He is going to beat them with a big Stick, all He desires to do is rejoice in that one who was lost came home, and all of heaven rejoices, pity it doesnt happen often....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"This, of course, does not mean we should plan on sinning believing that God will let us repent one more time." I think they call that hyper-grace. Not at all a proponent, lol!
I guess I have a hard time relating any born again believer "planning" and enjoying sinning at all! Perhaps the young in Christ who does not have enough understanding of the cost to follow Him
People are in many different places in their walk with God. Some are very young and ignorant, but their love toward God sees them through the worst of times. We should not remain ignorant as time goes by. We need to grow in the things of God. If we do not then we will stagnate and eventually die completely to God. If a person never get lazy or weary in the things of God, he will never have worry about such things. Many people came to God lazy and while they were delighted in the beginning of their walk with Him, they never worked to get out of the laziness. We all are naturally lazy. In the flesh we need to get out of the that to find any natural success. In the things spiritual on God's side, it is even more important to work as we can when we can. Slothfulness will get anyone into to trouble.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and if this is a first step, it certainly should not be a final step. Jesus grew and we must grow as the new man of God.

"And Jesus increase in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man" Luke 2:52

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and if this is a first step, it certainly should not be a final step. Jesus grew and we must grow as the new man of God.

"And Jesus increase in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man" Luke 2:52
As long as your subsequent steps do not place you outside of the fold of the Good Shepherd.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostasy is something that, if one crosses the line over into it, he can't ever return (Hebrews 6:1-8).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we are sheep hearing His voice and following His lead, we have no excuse for stumbling. But... if we do, we serve a helpful and merciful God.
Jesus once asked me. why do I kick myself so,, And i said, because I know I can do better,, seems HE doesnt care that much if we stumble, He is always there to catch us, dont need excuses, could never provide Him with a decent one anyway, He knew what He was getting with us long before we where even born, no surprises for Him..

we have no life if we worry, and says much about our faith

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
most people dont plan on sinning before thy become christians , why do they need to, after they do become christians. As Christians, we are not supposed to "think" of sin, Christ came so we could live, if we are sin centered than we have no life... of course teh religious will have something to say about that.

Just for the record, that was not all of MY post, my part was "I think they call that hyper-grace. Not at all a proponent, lol!" The first part was posted by @amadeus :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that I am a proponent of hyper-grace as a method established by God to make His people holy.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that I am a proponent of hyper-grace as a method established by God to make His people holy.

Well, in a sense, I suppose His grace IS something to be hyper-joyful about because that is what has saved us! I always hear that "those people are abusing Gods grace TO sin" I am sure there are those who do that...hence, folks will put ALL grace teachers and their listeners in the same box. ♥

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in sinless perfection: in principle the believer does not want to sin (John 8; 'Go, and sin no more'), but we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2), if we do. 'No longer shall sin have dominion, Though present to tempt and annoy'.
Aside from sinless perfection, did you know that whoever engages in any of the 17 works of the flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

D

Dave L

Aside from sinless perfection, did you know that whoever engages in any of the 17 works of the flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
And these are sins if they never leave the thought realm. This is why we need to censor impure thoughts, especially hatred.

Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is better to stick to the same definitions as we all are used to, and avoid confusion. Otherwise, there may be two different people hearing the same message and each one getting a completely different message, because the definitions of the words in the message are different in each person's mind.
if you test your defs you will find that the def you have chosen to arbitrate for us under the guise of "what WE are all used to " is surely as whacked as the arbitration, meaning no offense here. And I mean prolly every single one too. This is why you will not address the pertinent part of most posts I guess, being as how they confront your bad definitions, but I feel I have to remind you now that that is Scripture you are ignoring and deflecting away from back there, and this is pretty telling imo. You're gonna be stuck trading lies with mjr if you re not careful!

No Son of Man may die for another's sins, whether you like that or not, and etc, wadr. And you can paper over that if you like, but it will not change. Be as deterministic and authoritative-sounding as you know how, it will not help. In fact it just makes the truth clearer I guess. Happy new year though :)

I get that you are just defending what you have been taught is "from God" ok; but as you say, Scripture does not contradict itself. Contemplate why God had to lie to you, when you came seeking to save your life, or why you cannot find any Support in Scripture for your most closely held beliefs, and have to basically absent yourself from the convo when it gets pointed out. You and your sons will be here with me regardless, ok? iOw I am not saying i am any more saved or holy or heaven-bound than you are, nothing like that. But you lied to your kids too, see

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen