Once in Heaven, can you lose your salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post As for myself I don't feel we will wont to sin. I base this on how I feel after asking Christ to except me and forgive me.
I want to serve Him for his gift to me. I believe Father knows the Heart of us all you can't fool him. It's a great question thanks for posting this.

I agree. And my confidence in never falling away from Heaven will be based on what Christ has done and His keeping power. It will never be based on my ability to not sin. We will forever be 'in Christ'. Thus forever be with Him in Heaven. And, we have that same assurance now, for when you came to Christ, you were placed in Christ. And now your life is 'hid' in Christ. (Col. 3:3) "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."

Thus you have the assurance that you cannot lose your salvation.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly I do not have time to even read all of the replies so please excuse me if I am repeating anything somebody already said. As a child I used to concern myself that there could be another mutiny in heaven and that there would never really be peace because of that. Though scripture does not explicitly say this (so this is ONLY a theory) I believe that the time for the devil & angels to have free will (like we do now) was a window of time that has now been shut for all eternity. Similarly once our body dies or Jesus comes again, our window of free will is OVER. Therefore, no, one cannot lose their salvation once in heaven. Revelation 21:4
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” God bless! I would focus on loving others (in truth of course) and not focus on that which God will take care of. God is good, ALL the time. And ALL the time, God is good. We can trust Him. He has this taken care of. One day we will understand fully.

Welcome, and I agree, God has taken care of this. He has created a salvation that secures us in Heaven forever. And He has done it by placing us in Christ forever. And whenever it was you came to Christ, you were placed in Christ at that time. (Col. 3:3) "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." Which means your salvation is secured now. You cannot lose it. You are His forever.

Stranger

B

brakelite

So you're saying intellectual ascent and understanding will protect us from falling in Heaven? Well, we as believers have that now. Since all arguments are decided at Calvary, then we cannot lose our salvation here either.

Stranger
No, it isn't about intellectual assent. It is about complete 100% trust. It is about being immersed in His love. Knowing that at a time when we deserved it least, He still loved us...and taking that into eternity.
I might add another aspect. Once we come to know the Father and His glory, we shall then begin to understand what it cost Him to give us His Son, and the infinite risk that came with that.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
oh so your bible is God, thats a new one....Does he fit in your pocket.

If the Bible is God's Word, yes that would mean the Bible IS God.
To bad you have a problem with that.

More in my next post based on John 1

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hopefully you were not drinking the same stuff bbyrd was drinking?
All joking aside, GOD IS THE BIBLE.

I believe God 'breathed' the bible...( not as some of the translation wrote it thought :( Man got his finger in there in the writing of)

But, IF "God IS the Bible" then once again we are back to the FORTH PERSON in the Godhead!!!!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it isn't about intellectual assent. It is about complete 100% trust. It is about being immersed in His love. Knowing that at a time when we deserved it least, He still loved us...and taking that into eternity.
I might add another aspect. Once we come to know the Father and His glory, we shall then begin to understand what it cost Him to give us His Son, and the infinite risk that came with that.

You say 'once we come to know'. Still sounds like intellectual assent. What you're saying is the more we know, or once we know so much, then we can't sin in Heaven. But we know enough now to believe and be born-again. And we won't be learning anything new that will secure us in Heaven that we don't know now.

I don't believe we can ever lose our salvation in Heaven. But I don't think it is because I know more.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i don't think it will matter, if you can't stand in the light of forgiveness right now, you won't be able to then either, i guess
ask @Job about that one. Stranger knows too tho

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
you are already forgiven of your sins, all of them, right now see; everyone is.

won't help you a bit, if you don't accept forgiveness

B

brakelite

You say 'once we come to know'. Still sounds like intellectual assent. What you're saying is the more we know, or once we know so much, then we can't sin in Heaven. But we know enough now to believe and be born-again. And we won't be learning anything new that will secure us in Heaven that we don't know now.

I don't believe we can ever lose our salvation in Heaven. But I don't think it is because I know more.

Stranger
"Once we come to know" isn't only intellectual assent. It relational. Lucifer fell because he didn't 'know' the Father relationally as well as he should, therefore he didn't trust him. So thinking because he was so high and mighty, and beautiful beyond comprehension, he thought he could do things his own way.
In light of Calvary and coming to a greater 'knowledge' relationally with the Father and the Son, all thoughts of doing things 'our way' which despite our knowledge of Calvary today we still do things our way, will forever cease.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Never happens.
God cannot contradict God.
God is not a liar.
God cannot lie.
But teh bible is not God,
'
Have you not read in the bible.

Exo_20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

you just made a book your God before God, an idol, its stolen, stealing people away from God, an idol in mens hearts. And here you all are arguing over which God id teh right God, the KJ, the NKJ. the NIV etc etc pick which god you will serve.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the Bible is God's Word, yes that would mean the Bible IS God.
To bad you have a problem with that.

More in my next post based on John 1
But it is not . Jesus has the place taken it belongs to Him alone, teh bible was not in the beginning. Idols so many worship and chase after idols.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hope you'r joking, because in the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the word was God.
And the word is still God.
Yes and Jesus will always be, and His word will always be Spirit an they will always be life, and men will not finds life in the bible. anywhere.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

some things just dont change.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Lucifer was created perfect and sinless. Adam and Eve were perfect and sinless. Both were in the presence God. Yet they chose against God and fell.

Once we as Christians get to Heaven, how is our state any different? Can we sin against God even after we are there?

Stranger

Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river was there the tree of life, which bare twelve omanner of fruit; and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river was there the tree of life, which bare twelve omanner of fruit; and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

And?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Once we come to know" isn't only intellectual assent. It relational. Lucifer fell because he didn't 'know' the Father relationally as well as he should, therefore he didn't trust him. So thinking because he was so high and mighty, and beautiful beyond comprehension, he thought he could do things his own way.
In light of Calvary and coming to a greater 'knowledge' relationally with the Father and the Son, all thoughts of doing things 'our way' which despite our knowledge of Calvary today we still do things our way, will forever cease.

Our relational assent was accomplished in the plan of salvation and when we came into it when we were born-again. We have the Holy Spirit. We are now the sons of God. Our lives are hid with Christ in God.

Stranger