Once OSAS Always OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe the same thing Paul spoke....he finds there is a law that where good is present evil is present also.
Romans 7 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁵ For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
¹⁶ If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
¹⁷ Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
¹⁸ For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
¹⁹ For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
²⁰ Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
²¹ I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
²² For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
²³ But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
²⁴ O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
²⁵ I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Now what I read is
1. Sin dwells in a believer
2. There is a law in place
A. Law of good and evil
B. Law of flesh and mind
3. The mind serves the Law of God
4. The flesh serves the law of sin.

This is why we will not see sinless perfection until Jesus returns and gives us a new body...the corruptible into an incorruptible one.
@Heart2Soul Romans is such a searching Epistle; and chapter 8 follows on wonderfully from chapter 7............ :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Salvation is a gift from God. All we must do is receive it. There were no instructions given at the time it was received except only to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and was sent to take away our sins by becoming the living, holy sacrifice sacrifice necessary for the remission of sin.
When Jesus died and took the sins of the world upon himself, becoming sin who knew no sin, He included everyone who received the gift of salvation. Even future believers....and all sins is all sins of the world...even before they ha
@Heart2Soul Ephesians 2.8 would confirm this, indeed; but it's amazing how hard the human heart is; this is why it needs the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart, as with Lydia in Acts 16, 'whose heart the Lord opened'.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just saying…I can see no victory, no joy, and no Glory to the Father in what you preach. It’s all doom and gloom …
To OSAS yes. Preaching against naming the name of Christ, while also sinning with the devil at the same time, is gloom and doom only to them doing so.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

The only victory in Jesus is while overcoming sinning with the devil.

The only victory while sinning with the devil, is the devil's.

I suggest you not read things that you don't like to hear.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.

Time will prove who has been on the Lords side , and who has not .

Ex 32 26 “ Moses said - who is on the Lords side , let him come …”

True. The names will be known.

And only the righteous will be in the Lamb's book of life, and none of the unrighteous shall see God in glory.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To OSAS yes. Preaching against naming the name of Christ, while also sinning with the devil at the same time, is gloom and doom only to them doing so.

Any serious student of Scripture would KNOW, Salvation Received is Permanent, and they SIN no more.

A Fraud would teach A man who HAS RECEIVED Salvation, also has the Power to FOOL God...tee hee, har har...gotcha...na, na, na, na, na....
Got Salvation and Still sin....What a load of BS.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so what are you saying here ?
That only those who believe as you do- are “the righteous “. ??
Uh, yeah. I'm the only one who believes the righteous shall inherit the kingdom of God, and the unrighteous shall not.

You people are really reaching to pick a fight these days.

I guess it's because I've stopped bothering to argue with you, and you miss it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Uh, yeah. I'm the only one who believes the righteous shall inherit the kingdom of God, and the unrighteous shall not.

You people are really reaching to pick a fight these days.

I guess it's because I've stopped bothering to argue with you, and you miss it.

you obviously know nothing about me at all …if you think that I ever bother to fight…

you will obviously be very lonely in heaven believing that only you only have “got it right”.

Elijah thought that too…he told God only me and me only have not bowed the knee.

God took the wind out of his sails by say - “ I have yet 7000 which have not bowed the knee to Baal. “