Once OSAS Always OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I partner with the Holy Spirit, yes. I remember murdering my mother in law in my heart. Guilty back then for sure. But I need not continue in that. Jesus says we must love one another. Its not optional.

Grace teaches us to deny ungodliness Titus 2:11-12.

I remember when I was where you are in that. I’m not there any more, but I remember it.
Anyway, nice talking with you today. :)

Reactions: Helen and Wynona

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. Not sinning now, is not the same as making boasts of will not sin anymore, because they cannot sin in future.

We can only fight the good fight now, and that is all we should be doing. Tomorrow will take care for itself.

So long as we are in mortal flesh with unperfected minds, we certainly will be tempted with unrighteous thinking, even as Jesus was, but while walking as He walked, we do not fulfill the lust of the world.

I am not sinning now, is by grace. Saying we have no temptation of sin to resist in the future, is the self-deception of perfectionists, who act like the resurrection is already past.

Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

The righteous in Christ Jesus do not boast of being righteous, even as He did not, but only do His righteousness by grace, even as He did.

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

But they certainly don't have to say they have sin in their hearts and are lusting to sin.

It still does not appear you are on the correct path per God's written Word. OSAS is not Biblical. 1 John 1 is Biblical, and Apostle John there showed that if we say we have no sin we make Jesus a liar. John told us to repent of future sin we may commit in that chapter.

The prayer Lord Jesus gave us to pray, per Luke 11, also asks forgiveness of sins, and even to forgive those who sin against us. So what nut can try to say we cannot still slip up after believing on Jesus, because such an idea that we can't sin anymore is contrary to God's Word, and is a doctrine of the devil.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It still does not appear you are on the correct path per God's written Word. OSAS is not Biblical. 1 John 1 is Biblical, and Apostle John there showed that if we say we have no sin we make Jesus a liar. John told us to repent of future sin we may commit in that chapter.

The prayer Lord Jesus gave us to pray, per Luke 11, also asks forgiveness of sins, and even to forgive those who sin against us. So what nut can try to say we cannot still slip up after believing on Jesus, because such an idea that we can't sin anymore is contrary to God's Word, and is a doctrine of the devil.

We agree on three points: OSAS is false. If we sin, we must confess with godly sorrow to be forgiven. If we say we have no sin, then we are deluded.

Apparently you misunderstand confessing we are not now sinning, which is not saying we have no sin, nor is boasting it is impossible for us to sin in future.

Right now, as I write to you, I am not sinning in spirit nor in the flesh. My heart is pure from lust for the world, and I am not sinning with the devil in word nor deed. It's not a boast, but simply the truth of being reconciled to God and in fellowship with Jesus Christ in the Light.

Are you saying that I John 1:8, is somehow commanding all Christians to acknowledge they always have lust and sin in their heart and soul?

The Scripture is only warning against those who believe they have no sin from the devil to resist.

OSAS abuses 1 John 1:8. so as to preach we are all therefore still sinners, and sinning at any given time. Is that what you are agreeing with?

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sin from the devil

Sin comes from lust, not the Devil. The Devil can only succeed if the lust to sin is still present in a person.

“…when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin…” (James 1:15)

A person born of God (born again) has crucified the flesh with its desires and lusts:

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” (Galatians 5:24)

Which is why this is written:

Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin…” (1 John 3:9)

Those who say they have no sin are the lost who haven’t been born again. Because:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be in God's hand means also that if we should fall he will guide us back to him. He chastises those he loves. And I think that is the point perhaps.
True. But the chastisement of the Lord is not suffering the effects of sin in this life, which is common for all sinners 'the morning after'.

The Lord's chastisement for sinning with the devil, is having no fellowship with Him and being separated from His life and grace, which is the wage for every soul that sins.

The Lord will not engage in respect of persons with His own people, by continuing to have fellowship with His people, while sinning against Him.

Only the sons of God can know what it is to now be without fellowship with the Father, by sinning against Him, because the world live that way naturally.

No one misses what they have never known. Only the sons of God can miss fellowship with God, because they now have none do to sinning.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

This Scripture speaks of any man without respect of persons, whether confessing Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, or atheist.

If any man is sinning against God, there is no fellowship with Jesus in the Light, but are walking in darkness as any other sinner of the world. So that if we are sinning we are cut off from the true Light in Christ Jesus, and unless we confess with godly sorrow, we will continue in that darkness.

The Lord's chastisement is to let His own people go back into darkness, if they persist in despising the Spirit of His grace not to do so.

The Lord cannot chastise the world, as His own people, because the world doesn't even know what having true fellowship with Jesus Christ is in the first place.

Before I was born again, I never knew the fellowship of Light and peace and righteousness in the Spirit of Christ. Now I do. And if I sin like any other sinners without God, then I will know the separation and deadness of soul without Him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. But the chastisement of the Lord is not suffering the effects of sin in this life, which is common for all sinners 'the morning after'.

The Lord's chastisement for sinning with the devil, is having no fellowship with Him and being separated from His life and grace, which is the wage for every soul that sins.

The Lord will not engage in respect of persons with His own people, by continuing to have fellowship with His people, while sinning against Him.

"The Lord abandons the sinner?" This doesn't sound like God to me. He ate with sinners, went to hell to preach, and goes after the lost sheep. His mission is to save sinners and died on the cross and suffered sin on their behalf, it wasn't for the righteous that he did that, and how will he do that if he abandons them?

Luke 15

The Parable of the Lost Sheep
15 Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him. 2 And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This Man receives sinners and eats with them.” 3 So He spoke this parable to them, saying:

4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Reactions: BarneyFife

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Only the sons of God can know what it is to now be without fellowship with the Father, by sinning against Him, because the world live that way naturally.

No one misses what they have never known. Only the sons of God can miss fellowship with God, because they now have none do to sinning.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

This Scripture speaks of any man without respect of persons, whether confessing Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, or atheist.

If any man is sinning against God, there is no fellowship with Jesus in the Light, but are walking in darkness as any other sinner of the world. So that if we are sinning we are cut off from the true Light in Christ Jesus, and unless we confess with godly sorrow, we will continue in that darkness.

The Lord's chastisement is to let His own people go back into darkness, if they persist in despising the Spirit of His grace not to do so.

The Lord cannot chastise the world, as His own people, because the world doesn't even know what having true fellowship with Jesus Christ is in the first place.

Before I was born again, I never knew the fellowship of Light and peace and righteousness in the Spirit of Christ. Now I do. And if I sin like any other sinners without God, then I will know the separation and deadness of soul without Him.

Was the prodigal son a son while in the pig pen or not?
If not, when was he ‘ un-soned’…we are told that. His FATHER ( not a preacher or just a friend …but his Father ) , looked down the road every day for him.

no, he was a stinky son, a rotten son, none the less he was still a son…
Once a son , always a son. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How often does anyone change their mind about anything in debates on forums? Don't think I've ever seen it. Only the Holy Spirit can change hearts and lead us into all truth, and He is gentle and meek and usually works out of sight if or when flesh gets out of the way.
we seek an immediate change in others, huh? me too lol
not realizing what “planting a seed” means, imo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that phrasing kinda bugged me, too, so i looked it up; i guess its just a shorthand for osas?

It has always amazed me how much some people fight again the great love of God …and even believe that in doing so they are fighting for Him , not against Him . ;)

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It has always amazed me how much some people fight again the great love of God …and even believe that in doing so they are fighting for Him , not against Him . ;)
i was raised a Codependent, and that sounds like basically a rephrase of what codependents do. Unfortunately it is a complex coping mechanism, and hard to understand at first, and it can be even harder to overcome.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
so i dont get the op i guess, wadr

maybe in the moment, or iow the year, but i think eventually most seekers outgrow the need for osas? i might be wrong, dunno

I'm new and may be misunderstanding here. Is the statement attributed to Mr.Derrick
from an old post of his? Where he says he use to believe in OSAS but no longer does?