Once OSAS Always OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
True. Not sinning now, is not the same as making boasts of will not sin anymore, because they cannot sin in future.

regarding the born again...

The body is dead because of Sin, and the old man of sin is crucified with Christ.
The born again Spirit is in spiritual union with God.

All "SIN", is redeemed by Jesus and the believer has become God's righteousness.

Reactions: Helen

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so i dont get the op i guess, wadr

Yeah, that's because it's just a bunch of Babylonian confusion.

The language is exclusive and elitist (confounded), with virtually no solutions offered to the supposed, imperceptible problems at the center of attention.

There is absolutely nothing evangelizing, edifying, or remedial about it.

These threads are proven effective to antagonize, divide, and condescend to conscientious believers.

As if the Lord looked not upon the heart, after all, but at the creed only.

The results are seen over and over again.

Philosophical/theological agitation is good, I believe, but when the pursuit of a course of practice/action perpetually manifests baleful aggravation and discord, and Christ is not glorified or highlighted, there can be no doubt as to its unfruitfulness. All are left to scatter abroad. The tower is abandoned as impossible to build.

Despair is on every side. Hope is lost.

Let all have their free speech, but pray let none grieve the Holy Ghost by feeding disharmony and desperation of no hope in Christ.

The pure Gospel is the answer to every problem of man's longing for true peace and love.

The message of the OP (and all like instances) is hopelessness. The assertion is that the plight of all but one who has been indoctrinated to believe in unconditional eternal security is eternal captivity therein.

The message is "You are all diseased, devoid of dignity, and worthy only of contempt." "You must sin as I sin, or you must not sin at all."

The Godless comedian George Carlin could just as easily initiate and facilitate these discussions about the delusions of men.

All is lost; the sky is falling.

Turkey Lurkey, where are you?

Foxy Loxy is afoot and seeking whom he may devour.

Reactions: bbyrd009

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i was raised a Codependent, and that sounds like basically a rephrase of what codependents do. Unfortunately it is a complex coping mechanism, and hard to understand at first, and it can be even harder to overcome.

Do you have siblings?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He would have still been lost if he never repented and returned to his father.

so you believe that if he stayed longer in the pig pen he would suddenly no longer be his fathers son?
I used to believe that too, 25 years ago..because that was what was preached at me,..…:)

We will see ….on who’s side the mop will flop…

I just wonder what the people who cannot ‘see’ the full price that God paid through His Son…will feel when they finally see at the End , just how much God loved the world that He created .
Blessings ….H

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you believe that if he stayed longer in the pig pen he would suddenly no longer be his fathers son?
I used to believe that too, 25 years ago…:)

We will see ….
I just wonder what the people who cannot ‘see’ the full price that God paid through His Son…will feel when they finally see at the End , just how much God loved the world that He created .
Blessings ….H

Why do people act like this scripture does not exist or mean what it says:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:26-29)

Are you above the word of God?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He would have still been lost if he never repented and returned to his father.

“But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.” ’
(Luke 15:17-19)​

he's not quite humbling himself here intending to go and ask to be a paid servant.
there were sons, there were servants who were hired and paid, there were indentured servants who worked for some set period of time in order to pay off debts, and there were captured slaves. the hired servants could come and go as they pleased and work for whomever they chose according to their whims or how much they stood to earn. the indentured servants were not free to leave but were as slaves until their debts had been repaid, and of course the slaves had no freedom at all but 'belonged' to their master as though property.

he is purposing to become the highest class of servant - as though his works are worth reward from his father, and as though he could leave his father at any time, and have an equal social standing with him. he thinks he deserves a high-paying job.

putting this in the perspective of an analogy to salvation, he has realized that he has sinned against God, that he has made himself an enemy of God, and that he should return to God. but he is returning to God not out of love for God and sorrow over his state, but for his own gain: it is not because he is seeking to be reconciled with the Father but because he wishes to fill his belly, and he is not returning to God willing to do anything to remain in His presence but to trade his works for wealth.

is this true repentance?

but what does the Father do?
the Father welcomes him as His son, despite his wrongs and despite the evil intentions of his heart - putting a robe on him and a ring on his finger and shoes on his feet.

this is not how the culture would expect a father in this situation to react: that son would have been a pariah & not welcomed back at all, if he wasn't stoned to death for his insolence. but Christ is giving us a description of who God is and His Salvation - just like the two brief parables before it in Luke 15; that God will go and seek out His lost sheep and carry him home rejoicing, that God will sweep the whole house to find a single lost coin. this parable cannot be understood apart from its relationship to the ones given with it: they are all giving us the same message: that God loves us and will not abandon us, but seek us out and rejoice over us when we turn to Him, with great mercy and kindness

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was the prodigal son a son while in the pig pen or not?
If not, when was he ‘ un-soned’…we are told that. His FATHER ( not a preacher or just a friend …but his Father ) , looked down the road every day for him.

no, he was a stinky son, a rotten son, none the less he was still a son…
Once a son , always a son. :)

To be sure, but what if the son found a comfortable, permanent home in the pig pen? Just asking. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to believe that too, 25 years ago..because that was what was preached at me,..…:)

Blessings ….H
Does He love the ones that are saved more than the ones that are lost? :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

To be sure, but what if the son found a comfortable, permanent home in the pig pen? Just asking. :)
Hi …just asking back…
Would his Father have stopped having a son if that happened ?

I believe the son would continue to be miserable , and he would miss out having the feast ….nevertheless a son is a son , always …the father does not change his mind about him…

blessings …H

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi …just asking back…
Would his Father have stopped having a son if that happened ?

I believe the son would continue to be miserable , and he would miss out having the feast ….nevertheless a son is a son , always …the father dies not change his mind about him…

blessings …H
Is the descriptor: "Son" inextricably tied to the saved person?

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Blessings ….H
Unfortunately, it seems there is a faction not in the church yet that which because if its natural mindedness is unable to understand the things of God. 1st Corinthians 2.

And just as scripture proves scripture is true, I think it worth consideration that people prove scripture is true too.

As such, referring again to 1st Corinthians 2 , does it seem right that we are able to lead the natural mind to comprehend that which God tells can only be accomplished by his doing?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Is the descriptor: "Son" inextricably tied to the saved person?

I won’t highjack this thread ….:)
But I personally believe there are many levels …just as there is many levels of ‘seeing’ some settle at the salvation level..some move on to the second feast level of the Holy Spirit…some move on the the third feast etc etc…’saved’ is an interesting word ….
There were 7 covers spread over the the holy of holies and the mercy seat in the wilderness …seven levels of covering….not all believers are the overcomers ( Revelation) not all believers are in the Bride etc …
But that’s not what this thread is about.

“Heaven” will not be just one equal glob of people. … Everyman in his own order.

But, back to topic….:)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won’t highjack this thread ….:)
But I personally believe there are many levels …just as there is many levels of ‘seeing’ some settle at the salvation level..some move on to the second feast level of the Holy Spirit…some move on the the third feast etc etc…’saved’ is an interesting word ….
There were 7 covers spread over the the holy of holies and the mercy seat in the wilderness …seven levels of covering….not all believers are the overcomers ( Revelation) not all believers are in the Bride etc …
But that’s not what this thread is about.

“Heaven” will not be just one equal glob of people. … Everyman in his own order.

But, back to topic….:)
Very interesting

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new and may be misunderstanding here. Is the statement attributed to Mr.Derrick
from an old post of his? Where he says he use to believe in OSAS but no longer does?
No, it's me!
wave.001.gif

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009