Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More scripture pertaining to unbelief. === while people can believe and choose to have faith (that doesn't mean they can not start to have doubt, or become unbelieving) That is why it is good to encourage in the Lord every day, and not harden ones own heart and allow the spirit of disbelief to come over them.

Mark 16:14
New King James Version
The Great Commission
14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.

John 3:18
New King James Version
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36
New King James Version
36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 8:24
New King James Version
24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 16:8-9
New King James Version
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Romans 11:20
New King James Version
20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.

2 Thessalonians 2:12
New King James Version
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Hebrews 3:12
New King James Version
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;

Hebrews 4:11
New King James Version
The Word Discovers Our Condition
4:11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To continue to assume that once saved always saved is true, is to continue to call Jesus Christ a liar.
Rather vile words to put to my account. I don't mind disagreeing, but when you tell me I'm calling Jesus a liar . . . I'm done.

If anyone who is not born again does not appear with Jesus in glory when He appears, then this Scripture is a lie:

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

And that's the way it is. This is explicit, and you can either believe it or not. What it says is clear.

This one also,

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather vile words to put to my account. I don't mind disagreeing, but when you tell me I'm calling Jesus a liar . . .

Over and out.

Much love!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions on “once saved always saved is a myth” Marks.

May God guide to what is right and what is true and not manmade traditions and lies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone who is not born again does not appear with Jesus in glory when He appears, then these Scriptures lie:

1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

God does not lie.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is speaking against people being born again and remaining faithful Marks.

Whats being spoken against the manmade tradition which is once saved always saved

Please stay on topic. Thank you.

We have established already several times that “once saved always saved is a myth” with use of the bible and find out the fact that it indeed is a lie.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stay on topic. Thank you.
This is your topic, and if any who are born again are NOT transformed to be like Jesus at the end, when He comes, then this passage is a flat out lie:

Same with this one:

If any who are born again do not appear with Jesus when He comes, that this passage also is untrue.

God does not lie, the Bible is in fact true, and IF IF IF you have been born again, you Will appear with Him, to become like Him.

If your citizenship is in heaven,

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

If you are born again now, you will appear with Him then. If you are born again now, you will become like Him then. Not maybe. Shall.

If you are a citizen of heaven now, He Will change your body of humiliation to be like His glorious body.

Not "maybe". Not, "If you don't fall away/lose faith/become unborn again". You shall. Pure and simple. Plain statements of the Bible, which are not contradicted anywhere in Scripture.

Agree, disagree, everyone has their ideas. But these words are plain, unambiguous, and you can take them or leave them, that's up to you, but you can't change what they say.

I challenge you to receive what they say.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have established already several times that “once saved always saved is a myth”
We most certainly have not!

Believe the Scriptures which I've shared with you. If you have been reborn, that is forever.

Much love!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic is about once saved always saved is a myth marks.

Im not gonna entertain you by going in circles.

Its a lie….

Othet wise Jesus and what he spoke was a lie.

You can share scriptures all you want but it doesnt make “once saved always saved, true”

A manmade facticipus lie.

Every day is a choice to have faith and remain in Christ or choose to walk away and remain in self, @marks.

You dont have a problem with that do you?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:19 KJV
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

True converts remain. This is another plainly stated passage. They don't leave. Those who do, were not true.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesnt negate what Jesus said @marks.

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Do you have a problem ? You really seem to be very offended. Im sorry about that but its truth and many are offended by the truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have been many people who have believed in this lie of once saved always saved and then they live lives that are not of the spirit…

This really effects people in the end when they are judged by this dangerous malicious doctrine!

Its preached and taught not only in churches but all over the internet and by people who have been decieved by it, the manmade lie!

Dont let manmade lies catch you in the nested web that can entangle you!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:25-30 KJV
25) Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26) But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30) I and my Father are one.

John 11:25-26 KJV
25) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26) And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Plainly stated Scripture. Do you believe what Jesus taught?

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks is your object to avoid and just keep spouting lies, concerning once saved alway saved?

You just ignored me and the scripture about what Jesus said.

You are just a scholar arent you?

Scholarship doesnt matter.

Its the heart that matters.

People can become hard in their heart and leave the faith.

Once saved always saved is a lie.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can share scriptures all you want
Thank you!

And you can either believe them or not, that's your choice. But don't think for a moment I'm calling my Lord Jesus Christ a liar! I'm pointing you to what God says, and you can believe or not.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just keep spouting lies
Have you noticed that I'm posting Scriptures?

It's the Bible that says these things, not me. God. I'm just quoting Him. If that causes a problem for you, your problem is not with me, I'm just the messenger.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks.

you come in yhe thread to defend your belief in oncr saved always saved.

Its fine i dont care personally i have done told you that. I dont care if post scriptures of not.

There many people who have bought into this lie…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
And if you don't hold to His teaching you are not His disciple. Nothing in this passage says that the born again die again. Nothing. Not one word.

I think when you say "once saved always saved" you must not mean true salvation, actual rebirth. Do you?

Much love!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an everyday choice.

To be a disciple of Christ,

if,

you remain in his teaching.
Thats the problem, many 'saved' Christians are in name only and have no love for God but seek to grasp status or power and yet remain in the hold of sin, much like one believer that Peter chastised..

Acts 8:9-24
9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you come in yhe thread to defend your belief in oncr saved always saved.

Its fine i dont care personally i have done told you that.
Aagain . . . I'm not defending my belief . . . I am posting Scriptures that relate to your topic. It seems to be causing you distress. The Word of God can do that.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you!

And you can either believe them or not, that's your choice. But don't think for a moment I'm calling my Lord Jesus Christ a liar! I'm pointing you to what God says, and you can believe or not.

Much love!

Yes.

Have you noticed that I'm posting Scriptures?

It's the Bible that says these things, not me. God. I'm just quoting Him. If that causes a problem for you, your problem is not with me, I'm just the messenger.

Much love!

Great.

Aagain . . . I'm not defending my belief . . . I posting Scripture that relates to your topic. It seems to be causing you distress. The Word of God can do that.

Much love!

Yes, you need to listen to me for just a second Marks.

No, I am not distressed, what I hate is people who lie, to congergations and misguide them and show them lightshows and feed them coffee, and destroy their growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.