Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
their own sin.

“The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:

That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.” (Isaiah 29:19-21)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Must be some secret cult meaning since you’re obviously not going with the simple plain meaning…

:hmhehm
Being Born Of The Spirit is very easy to understand...as Gods word is Alive in Spirit....biblical.

You and I are at different levels of understanding in the Spirit. @Michiah-Imla ...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love is the only way to obey every commandment of consequence regarding our salvation.

I was just taking baby steps with @Ritajanice
You can’t Love God or know God without him Loving us first, when he makes us Born Of The Spirit....without him regenerating our spirit, we are not his?

We also aren’t under the law, we’re under grace....

Plus a Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed, that liveth and abideth forever.

The seed is the Holy Spirit , he lives in our heart/ spirit, testifying with our spirit all day every day that we are Gods Children.

We are his spiritual children?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also aren’t under the law, we’re under grace....

We are not under the law because we are supposed to be in the Spirit.

When we are in the Spirit it is impossible to sin.

But if you’re in the flesh with only a superficial claim to be in the Spirit then you most certainly have put yourself under the weak and beggarly elements of the law wether you realize it or not.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can’t Love God or know God without him Loving us first, when he makes us Born Of The Spirit....

Why can’t a person call out to God, by seeing the stars and nature which proclaims his glory?

God loved every person in the world, unbeliever and believer enough to send his son, in order to pay for their sins…

He can give the spirit to that caller… even without knowing a word of the Bible.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are not under the law because we are supposed to be in the Spirit.

When we are in the Spirit it is impossible to sin.

But if you’re in the flesh with only a superficial claim to be in the Spirit then you most certainly have put yourself under the weak and beggarly elements of the law.
We’re not in the flesh were in the Spirit, a Born Again does not continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why can’t a person call out to God, by seeing the stars and nature which proclaims his glory?

God loved every person in the world, unbeliever and believer enough to send his son, in order to pay for their sins…

He can give the spirit to that caller… even without knowing a word of the Bible.
Listen...God says you must be Born Of The Spirit .

I agree we don’t need to read a Bible to be Born Of The Spirit....God is the initiator ....he does the drawing, he brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, he brings us to believe in Jesus, he gives us faith to know him , when he makes our spirit Born Again...my testimony, opinion and belief.

We must be Born Of The Spirit to know God and to be led by his Spirit, all according to his purpose and plan.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:

Very Strange how Anyone professing to be MADE Converted….think it NOT POSSIBLE for the INTERAL Lord Gods Power to KEEP that man SAVED ONCE and FOREVER…

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen...God says you must be Born Of The Spirit .
Yes. I know.
I agree we don’t need to read a Bible to be Born Of The Spirit....
Good.
God is the initiator ....he does the drawing, he brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, he brings us to believe in Jesus, he gives us faith to know him , when he makes our spirit Born Again...my testimony, opinion and belief.
Okay, I believe it’s the seeker then initiation from God goes forward (it’s impossible to please God without faith, he is a rewarded of those who seek him.) A seeker who listen to the words of Jesus, yes the Fathers promise start to persuade one in continuing in faith when reading the Bible. But overall, a change of heart comes by and through the spirit of God. I agree.
We must be Born Of The Spirit to know God and to be led by his Spirit, all according to his purpose and plan.

You know what being born again is, and that is great, then from a child one goes on to mature becoming a son or daughter of God by and through dedication of putting God first, and loving him with all your mind, heart and soul.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:

Very Strange how Anyone professing to be MADE Converted….think it NOT POSSIBLE for the INTERAL Lord Gods Power to KEEP that man SAVED ONCE and FOREVER…

Glory to God,
Taken
It’s biblical that God gives people choice. He doesn’t force anyone to stay in his hand. That’s just facts, Taken.

Indeed give God the glory.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. I know.

Good.

Okay, I believe it’s the seeker then initiation from God goes forward (it’s impossible to please God without faith, he is a rewarded of those who seek him.) A seeker who listen to the words of Jesus, yes the Fathers promise start to persuade one in continuing in faith when reading the Bible. But overall, a change of heart comes by and through the spirit of God. I agree.

You know what being born again is, and that is great, then from a child one goes on to mature becoming a son or daughter of God by and through dedication of putting God first, and loving him with all your mind, heart and soul.
Thank you Mathew...we’re on the same wavelength I believe and I understand a lot of your posts and enjoy reading them.

We just don’t agree on salvation....no problem, doesn’t stop us from being civil to one another.....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Love is the only way to obey every commandment of consequence regarding our salvation.

I was just taking baby steps with @Ritajanice

You are the one who only comes to a forum to try to prove that you can lose your salvation.
thats your obsession.

You should find a real theology and a real faith, to both believe and share.

I dont think you can, as you are lost in that self righteousness net.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s biblical that God gives people choice. He doesn’t force anyone to stay in his hand. That’s just facts, Taken.

Indeed give God the glory.
Mathew , I believe that if God reveals his will to your heart, then it will be done, we can definitely say NO, hinder the will of God, but it can never be thwarted imo....aren’t there consequences of not obeying the will of God?

He’s Long suffering and gives us plenty of time to come round to his will....just my thoughts and speaking from experience, I had to come to the realisation that God wants the very best for me, he knows what’s best for me, I don’t.....he always gets his way imo Mathew.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who only comes to a forum to try to prove that you can lose your salvation.
thats your obsession.

You should find a real theology and a real faith, to both believe and share.

I dont think you can, as you are lost in that self righteousness net.

Ya’ll the ones who get riled up when someone like myself simply posts the scriptures that expose the lie of eternal security/once saved always saved.

The Once Saved Always Saved sect have been trained in dealing with all of the warning passages.

It destroys one of the things that keeps men from sin: the fear of God.

“A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.” (Proverbs 14:16)

Once Saved Always Saved followers are often proud and confident and rage against folks like myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.