Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mocking is never a valid response

“And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.” (1 Kings 18:27)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have believed a lie.

And If your lie isn’t true, your deduction is that the scriptures would be a lie???

What a mess!
Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

This one passage, just this one, by itself (not that it is alone), refutes an impermanent rebirth.

I have believed the Bible. And I don't need to go around telling people they believe lies, I only need share the Scriptures, and believe them.

I think the needless and groundless accusations are meant to replace a real counter argument, and instead, what, more ridicule or something? Anything but a valid discussion, it seems.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one passage, just this one, by itself (not that it is alone), refutes an impermanent rebirth.

This passage alone doesn’t give you the whole picture.

I’ve quoted the other passages many times before and you fellas just double talk them into non existence.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said more.

The Apostles also said more.

How you guys highlight one set of scriptures while explaining away others is hypocrisy.
It does not matter what he said

He said this is a fact. He can not later come back and contradict himself.

We are saved because of Christ being lifted on the cross. Nothing more nothing less..

You can try to do more. it will not cause on of your sins to be forgiven, You will remain dead in your sin.

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lolol

John 6 says whoever eats will never die, live forever, never hunger or thirst, will liver forever, and has eternal life. and give4n Christs own promise he WILL raise them on the last day.

You believe we must do it weekly or more and it does not promise any of these things

I do not follow men. I follow the word..
Jesus explains the sense of the entire passage in John 6 when He says, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63) Jesus used figurative language to emphasize these great spiritual truths.

Jesus is not speaking of cannibalism here, but believing in Christ unto salvation. Trusting in Him alone for salvation. Compare for example the following two verses:

John 6:47 - “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.”

John 6:58 - “He who eats this bread will live forever.”

“He who believes” in Christ is equivalent to “he who eats this bread” and the result is the same, eternal life. The parallel is also seen in verses 40 and 54:

John 6:40 - “Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:54 - “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

So John 6 does not support the false doctrine of transubstantiation. On the contrary, it’s faith in Christ that is the means by which we receive the grace of God. Jesus is the Bread of Life; we eat of Him and are satisfied when we believe in Him unto salvation.

Bread represents the "staff of life." Sustenance. That which essential to sustain life. Just as bread or sustenance is necessary to maintain physical life, Jesus is all the sustenance necessary for spiritual life.

The source of physical life is blood -- "life is in the blood." As with the bread, just as blood is the empowering or source of life physically, Jesus is all the source of spiritual life necessary.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus explains the sense of the entire passage in John 6 when He says, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63) Jesus used figurative language to emphasize these great spiritual truths.

Jesus is not speaking of cannibolism here, but believing in Him unto salvation. Compare for example the following two verses:

John 6:47 - “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.”

John 6:58 - “He who eats this bread will live forever.”

“He who believes” in Christ is equivalent to “he who eats this bread” and the result is the same, eternal life. The parallel is also seen in verses 40 and 54:

John 6:40 - “Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:54 - “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

So John 6 does not support the false doctrine of transubstantiation. On the contrary, it’s faith in Christ that is the means by which we receive the grace of God. Jesus is the Bread of Life; we eat of Him and are satisfied when we believe in Him unto salvation.

Bread represents the "staff of life." Sustenance. That which essential to sustain life. Just as bread or sustenance is necessary to maintain physical life, Jesus is all the sustenance necessary for spiritual life.

The source of physical life is blood -- "life is in the blood." As with the bread, just as blood is the empowering or source of life physically, Jesus is all the source of spiritual life necessary.
He said in the begining,

do not work for food which perishes (like the food he gave them the day before) but the food which ENDURES to eternal life..

You do not have to keep eating food which endures.. it never dies.. thats why those who eat it HAVE eternal life.. and all the promises Jesus gave.

Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only need share the Scriptures.

Would you share the following scripture with others without an explanation?:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.” (1 Kings 18:27)
OK, I'll stand corrected.

And I'll be more specific this time. Your mocking of others instead of giving reasoned and thoughtful and respectful responses shows what is in your heart towards others, mocking and ridicule, which do not support your assertions, rather, they show your intent towards this discussion.

You see, it still remains true, what comes out of your mouth shows what is in your heart.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage alone doesn’t give you the whole picture.

I’ve quoted the other passages many times before and you fellas just double talk them into non existence.
You can't accept the plain saying of this passage. That's on you. Deny it, negate it, yet still, it makes a plain straightforward statement, which you reject.

Here again you are proving you are not interested in a real discussion. I think I'm becoming convinced that you won't be changing from that.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you share the following scripture with others without an explanation?:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)
Do you even know what this means?

What willfull sin is he talking about?

is it not rejecting Jesus? Is it not failing to come to believe to the saving of the soul?

There is no more sacrifice for sin, because if they get that close to repenting and in the end go back to law. They are forced to go to God with their works and according to the law..

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your mocking of others instead of giving reasoned and thoughtful and respectful responses shows what is in your heart towards others

I have given reasoned and thoughtful and respectful responses.

Why are you so sensitive?

I’m trying to keep it light hearted.

You taking offense to a meme is ridiculous!

I’m more offended that you guys twist the Holy Bible!

they show your intent towards this discussion.

You know nothing of my intent other than assumptions.

And your measuring one’s heart by your perceived notions is error.

I’m not angry with you.

• Haha
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see!

You guys cannot let the warning passages stand on their own!

Because they contradict what you have been taught to believe rather than believing what the Bible plainly says.
Oh it is a warning

He is warning his audience to make sure they believe to the saving of the soul and do not fall back.

But he also gave a strong vote of confidence to those who already made the decision to trust God.

“For yet a little while,
And He[l] who is coming will come and will not [m]tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”

39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

he seperates the saved (we) from those who have not yet made a decision (them)

we can post verses all day long, If we do not understand them, we misrepresent them and we will fall on them to our own demise.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Jack

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see, it still remains true, what comes out of your mouth shows what is in your heart.

Much love!
Luke 6:45 - A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil teasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

But “we” also better not:

“…sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, [because] there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins…” (Hebrews 10:26)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But “we” also better not:

“…sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, [because] there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins…” (Hebrews 10:26)
How do you get "we better not" from "we are not"

see how you just twist the word to make it say what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.