Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've been at the hospital for the last couple of days.
My niece died and I haven't had time to catch up here.

So very sorry to hear this. :oops:
May God bless and comfort all the family members. ✟

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear this.
You have my condolences.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Just a note to everybody on this forum - get your blood pressure checked. My niece was 43 and had a massive stroke and hemorrhaged from the brain stem. She was brain dead in two days.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a JOY to read your posts. I typically call it refreshing to converse with another that you KNOW, has come a long distance on the PATH.
No, I do not see it as boasting. No one is whoo hooing....they have reached the Finish line.

I didn't have the experience of a flat-line...but was like everyone who was walking about, "in belief"....but NOT walking about, knowing what to do with it.....or even knowing I was supposed to DO something with my belief, my faith....

And you comment about people being in the Church, I think many have faith, are born again, BUT think all they are supposed to do IS be a "teacher"....and thus, sort of SKIP the part of being Developed in a relationship with the Lord.

Ya, sure they pray, and say all the right words, and ask for healing, help for their friends and family, say a repetitive, thank you
Lord...then move on with their life.

There is SO much more, to a relationship with God than the scheduled and repetitive prayers.

And love it when you said, all Bubbled up....
I get that, I can relate to that....It is the JOY, JOY, JOY.....of the bigger picture of a relationship with the Lord!! Love it!!

It is hard to describe if one has never experienced that....It is so personal...and immeasurable. Way beyond, when is this Sermon going to be over, so I can repeat something to the Lord, and go eat and watch the football game!!

Our life gets in the way of Gods Life. The grass needs mowing, the kids are antsie, the endless shopping, TV junk, work, bills, going in debt trying to impress people you don't like..(ha ha)...and all the nonsense people tend to place a high values on....hardly leaves room for God...except for a scheduled few minutes and that quick repetitive pray...

When people can get pass all the JUNK they clutter their lives with....the relationship with the Lord BLOOMS...and IS awesome!!

God Bless,
Taken
When I said I flat-lined I may have been to hard on myself and in my description...IT JUST WAS NOT ME in that particular year..it was an odd time in my life...What I learned from that experience I will share with anyone...I thought I knew the love of God until I was so humbled then. He showed me that HIS love is the only love that is genuine and life-giving to all men/women that believe in him...Amen.. I needed to know that at that time....

As you said..."It is hard to describe if one has never experienced that....It is so personal...and immeasurable. Way beyond, when is this Sermon going to be over, so I can repeat something to the Lord, and go eat and watch the football game!!"

That is it....the physical, mental, and spiritual energy that comes together and it is REAL and not any mental exercise. YOU do sense the presence of the new life within you....it is a type of energy and vitality like no other....praise our Lord and all glory is to the Father..

APAK

Reactions: Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Just a note to everybody on this forum - get your blood pressure checked. My niece was 43 and had a massive stroke and hemorrhaged from the brain stem. She was brain dead in two days.

Wise advice.
That is so young.
They call it the silent killer.
I am on 3 blood pressure meds.

Bless you...H

Reactions: pia

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I debate that
show me 5 different crowns
and when do we where which one

1 - CROWN 1 - CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS— LOVED THE LORD'S APPEARING - 2 Tim 4:8
2 - CROWN 2 - INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN— DISCIPLINED BODIES / SELF-CONTROL - 1 Cor 9:25-27
3 - CROWN 3 - CROWN OF LIFE— ENDURED PATIENTLY THRU TRIALS - James 1:12, Rev 2:10
4 - CROWN 4 - CROWN OF GLORY— GODLY LEADERS WHO WERE EXAMPLES TO FLOCK - 1 Pet 5:2-4
5 - CROWN 5 - CROWN OF REJOICING— SOUL WINNERS CROWN - 1 Thess 2:19, Dan 12:3

Taken from this link for a quick reference; BTW I do not have the time to validate everything else at that link or taught at that web site to speak for it as not containing any errors, but as it is, we are to prove everything by Him per the scripture as kept in the KJV, even my posts needs to be proven by Him per the KJV.

FIVE CROWNS & REWARDS IN HEAVEN

I believe the crowns we receive are really His crowning achievements in us since our confidence is in Him to finish His work in us to His glory. When we think about it in how we "earn" those crowns, it was really done by faith in Him to help us earn those crowns. That may be why the 24 elders cast their crowns at His feet for surely, no flesh shall glory in His Presence in Heaven. That must mean that when others see "our crowns", they see His work and glorify God in Heaven.

1 Corinthians 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.....21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

There is a consequence not spoken of for losing the rewards of crowns and that is being found in unrepentant iniquity to be disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper and thus excommunicated into becoming a castaway to be received later on after the great tribulation as a vessel unto dishonor in His House. The Lord is faithful in doing a good job in keeping the souls of His saints left behind as they shall suffer the calamity of fire on one third of the earth & then afterwards, coming great tribulation.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So there is a race to be run which is still by the grace of God as we rest in Him to finish it by faith in Jesus Christ do it.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Helen - that's all I wanted.
In over 2300 posts - NOBODY has put it as kindly and succinctly as you have with your usual charity and grace.

That being said - NONE of the verses you presented say anything about losing our secure place with God. I have repeatedly posted almost a dozen verses that speak to this reality and they have either been ignored or poorly exegeted.

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot "blot out" a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God "take away" somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

You need to learn the difference between being enlightened with the Knowledge of the Word of God, By the Power of the Holy Spirit.....

Calling them Saved and Born Again...
When they are not.

Their security IS the WORD of God, AND in keeping IN the Word of God, continuing being enlightend to the SECURITY of the Word of God......and not fall away from HIS WORD.

Because IF they do....they can not OBTAIN their Salvation and Quickening.

You are trying to make someone receiving KNOWLEDGE, receiving Hearing Gods Word, already saved and born again. They arent'.

You have been told this repeatedly when you repeatedly post these scriptures...about men gaining KNOWLEDGE.

You simply ignore the comments made to you, and ignore you are simply speaking of Knowledge gained, and REPEAT they ARE SAVED....and then complain no one has addressed you or the scriptures you post over and over.

Yes people have addressed those scriptures and you.

You simply refuse to accept it.

You have decided men who gain Knowledge of the Word of God, means they were saved and born again.

You perhaps never experience Learning ABOUT God, gaining Knowledge, believing, and THEN YOU submitting your Life to the Lord.

How could you......? Your mom and dad supposedly decided for you, without your knowledge, or choice, or word, or understanding...
THEY would effect your "born again" gift FOR YOU...

Protestants don't decide for other people, or their children to accept the Lord.....Neither did the disciples.

Individuals Learn about the Lord, gain knowledge, becoming enlightened BY HIS WORD, and gaining faith BY HIS POWER, and subject THEMSELVES to the Lord to receive His Gifts of Forgiveness, Salvation, being Born Again.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 - CROWN 1 - CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS— LOVED THE LORD'S APPEARING - 2 Tim 4:8
2 - CROWN 2 - INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN— DISCIPLINED BODIES / SELF-CONTROL - 1 Cor 9:25-27
3 - CROWN 3 - CROWN OF LIFE— ENDURED PATIENTLY THRU TRIALS - James 1:12, Rev 2:10
4 - CROWN 4 - CROWN OF GLORY— GODLY LEADERS WHO WERE EXAMPLES TO FLOCK - 1 Pet 5:2-4
5 - CROWN 5 - CROWN OF REJOICING— SOUL WINNERS CROWN - 1 Thess 2:19, Dan 12:3

Taken from this link for a quick reference; BTW I do not have the time to validate everything else at that link or taught at that web site to speak for it as not containing any errors, but as it is, we are to prove everything by Him per the scripture as kept in the KJV, even my posts needs to be proven by Him per the KJV.

FIVE CROWNS & REWARDS IN HEAVEN

I believe the crowns we receive are really His crowning achievements in us since our confidence is in Him to finish His work in us to His glory. When we think about it in how we "earn" those crowns, it was really done by faith in Him to help us earn those crowns. That may be why the 24 elders cast their crowns at His feet for surely, no flesh shall glory in His Presence in Heaven. That must mean that when others see "our crowns", they see His work and glorify God in Heaven.

1 Corinthians 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.....21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

There is a consequence not spoken of for losing the rewards of crowns and that is being found in unrepentant iniquity to be disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper and thus excommunicated into becoming a castaway to be received later on after the great tribulation as a vessel unto dishonor in His House. The Lord is faithful in doing a good job in keeping the souls of His saints left behind as they shall suffer the calamity of fire on one third of the earth & then afterwards, coming great tribulation.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So there is a race to be run which is still by the grace of God as we rest in Him to finish it by faith in Jesus Christ do it.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Thank you

Reactions: GodsGrace

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Sorry for your loss, brother.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been at the hospital for the last couple of days.
My niece died and I haven't had time to catch up here.

Awe, so sorry to hear that.
May the Lord comfort you and yours during this time of sorrow.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL -

Wow, your niece was very young...and that is good advice for people to keep a check on their B/P.
Many stores offer use of a B/P machine, don't know how often they are calibrated, but would think they would at least give a person an indication.

I have the opposite of most people, in that my B/P is fairly low, 90/65 range.

Anyway, sorry for your Loss.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is it....the physical, mental, and spiritual energy that comes together and it is REAL and not any mental exercise. YOU do sense the presence of the new life within you....it is a type of energy and vitality like no other....praise our Lord and all glory is to the Father..

APAK

Spot on. People get conditioned with life, rush, wait, rush, wait.....and perhaps why it is more typical for an older person, who stops the rushing and waiting to simply reflect and focus more on the Lord.

Just a thought.

God Bless,
Take