Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think so.
You're saying we have to remain perfect to get saved when we were never perfect to begin with.
Not at ALL.
We still stumble but we strive to be obedient.

If we don't strive to be obedient - then we are in rebellion.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I don't think so.
You're saying we have to remain perfect to get saved when we were never perfect to begin with.
Being obedient does not mean being perfect.
It is obedience of faith.
If we have faith, we will be obedient.

If we do not have faith, we don't have to be obedient,,, we're already lost.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
You're not listening. It's NOT just about works. It's about enduring faith. Works are an essential ingredient of faith - but alone, they are not faith. Let me put it this way OBEDIENCE is enduring faith.

But if we are crucified in His death, then we die with faith. There is no other option.

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Unless we remain obedient, we cannot hope to gain salvation

What has to be gained that hasn't already been nailed to the cross. God loves you, but you have to be willing to accept love. God bless

Col 2:13-15 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry - but that is NOT what Scripture says when it speaks of this "Knowledge" of God and His Word.

The Greek ford for “knowledge” used in these passages is NOT the usual word (Oida). The word used is EPIGNOSIS, which means a full, experiential knowledge. Epignosis is what a born again believer has.

And ALL of the verses you have posted are taken OUT of the overall context of the Gospel message.

God's LOVE is unconditional because he loves ALL of his creation (John 3:16).
Salvation, however IS conditional on our cooperation with His grace (Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34, 1 Cor. 3:9, 2 Cor. 6:1).

He lives WITH us forever - IF we endure in faith (Matt. 24:13).
Our sins are forgiven IF we repent - and not automatically.

I was sure you said you were born again...
Are you saying, you can be born again and be not saved?

And to be born again, didn't you first have to die?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if we are crucified in His death, then we die with faith. There is no other option.
That is absolutely untrue.

Our obedience requires OUR cooperation (Matt. 5:13, Matt. 7:21, Rom. 11:22, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Peter 2:20-22, 2 Peter 3:17, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19). We ALWAYS have the option do sin and fall away.
What has to be gained that hasn't already been nailed to the cross. God loves you, but you have to be willing to accept love. God bless
Col 2:13-15 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Just because Jesus died for us and redeemed us does NOT mean that we can now abdicate OUR role in our salvation.
Obedience is NOT automatic. We are not robots - we are flawed human beings.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sure you said you were born again...
Are you saying, you can be born again and be not saved?

And to be born again, didn't you first have to die?
Because I am born again, I have a moral certitude that I will be saved - IF I endure in faith.
NOBODY has a guarantee just because they are born again.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@BreadOfLife

So today I heard a new one from a very good source.
The Eucharist is a sacrament --- the Mass was instituted at the Last Supper.
It is also a sacrifice, the sacrifice of Jesus which was made ONE TIME and which is perpetuated through all time till today.
(Some Protestants believe Jesus is recrucified every week ---wrongly so)

Anyway, I hear that some priests and bishops are not believing that the Eucharist is also a sacrifice. Have you heard of this over there?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife

So today I heard a new one from a very good source.
The Eucharist is a sacrament --- the Mass was instituted at the Last Supper.
It is also a sacrifice, the sacrifice of Jesus which was made ONE TIME and which is perpetuated through all time till today.
(Some Protestants believe Jesus is recrucified every week ---wrongly so)

Anyway, I hear that some priests and bishops are not believing that the Eucharist is also a sacrifice. Have you heard of this over there?
The important thing to remember is that it doesn't matter if ALL of the Bishops and priests don't believe that it's a sacrifice. It doesn't "cease" being a sacrifice based on the faithlessness of some within the Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and that's why Jesus paid the sin penalty because we are flawed human beings. we are not Jesus.
Exactly - and we cannot abdicate OUR role in our salvation and still expect to be saved.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. And what would you say, is the obedience a man must do ?
IOW, is there specific things that entails being "obedient" ?
And what would those "things" be called?
You're trying to get me to say that we are saved by our works - which I won't.
"Obedience" means just what you think it means: DOING the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21).

Obedience keeps us in God's grace. Just because we come to belief and are baptized and born again does NOT mean that we can now abdicate our responsibility because we have a "guarantee" of Heaven. We DON'T - unless we remain faithful.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things are now different
A Time Past........
But Now......
Ages to come...........

Eph. 2:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.